Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Teenage girl snaps haunting photobomb

Still Waters

Dude, thats creepy. 

• Like 8

Hmm, to me it looks like a reflection in the rear window of someone in front of the truck.

• Like 6

I saw that last night, I'm not sure what to think about it. My first reaction was it's a fake, but it is spooky!

• Like 7

Just now, Eldorado said:

Looks like Tiger Woods to me.

LOL, I wasn't going to go there, but my wife said it looked like Obama. ;)

• Like 8

She seems too young to be haunted by the ghost of Larry the Cable Guy's Career.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

my wife said it looked like Obama. ;)

That's what I thought too.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL, I wasn't going to go there, but my wife said it looked like Obama. ;)

I did think of Barack but there's a female in the photo so Tiger is my choice.

• Like 6

It looks like one of those digital design projects that show up on the internet every once in awhile.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

I did think of Barack but there's a female in the photo so Tiger is my choice.

Zinger! ;)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Hmm, to me it looks like a reflection in the rear window of someone in front of the truck.

My first impression, too.  

• Like 3

The placement of the person seems almost impossible to be a real person. Somehow the reflection of a real person? Somehow a ghost?

I'd like to ask the two people in the photo if they know if there could have been people (a black man) nearby?

Edit: I didn't notice the article said:

According to Jessica, the two kids and their grandparents hadn't seen anybody out at the back ponds in Paradise where they were fishing.

Jessica also said that Kolton explained that when Haley took the photo, he was fixing the tacklebox and nobody else was there, despite the fact it looks like there is a man right in front of him.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

But truck beds like that wouldn't have rear windows.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But truck beds like that wouldn't have rear windows.

There is a window behind the girl. Virtual images appear at the distance they have in front of the reflecting surface.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There is a window behind the girl. Virtual images appear at the distance they have in front of the reflecting surface.

I can't dismiss that possibility but I don't ever recall seeing a back window giving a reflection like that in broad daylight. But with cameras and angles I will admit I don't know. Plus she claims they saw no one else at the back ponds during their visit. But certainly they could be mistaken there.

• Like 1

Here is information on virtual images.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_image

http://www.colorado.edu/physics/phys1230/phys1230_fa01/topic18.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plane_mirror

The image appears small because it is as if the object were the same distance behind the mirror as it is in front of the mirror.

Windows give reflections in all kinds of conditions. You are not looking if you suggest : I don't ever recall seeing a back window giving a reflection like that in broad daylight."

I've noticed that many of the comments here are in error. A little so-called research can fix the truck bed mistake, and the girl making statements mistake. There are several online articles that describe more about this situation.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, stereologist said:

A little so-called research can fix the truck bed mistake, and the girl making statements mistake.

What research fixed the girl making statements mistake? (about being the only ones at the ponds)

• Like 1

I guess some people will not take the time to find out what happened at the pond and after.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I guess some people will not take the time to find out what happened at the pond and after.

Do you find out what happened?

• Like 1

I zoomed-in to the pic from FaceBook.

Looks fake to me.

• Like 2

When I zoomed in I thought the mystery monochrome figure has a hare lip!  No idea about what this image is caused by, but interesting.

• Like 2

I think it cannot be a reflection for two reasons:

1. The rear window is usually tilted, and here it seems the case.

2. Reflections against a brighter background when seen from a darker room can only be brighter than the background, or at least not so much darker. It's just my own observation.

What about ghost probability? Actually I don't know. Of course, black people can become ghosts as well (although, weirdly enough, it's the first such case within my memory), but I find that baseball cap extremely suspicious. Yet I don't know too much about the residual spiritual images, if he was killed in that shirt and cap, then it may be.

And the third possibility: it's one truly extraordinary example of pareidolia. It's all the trick of light, shadow and the shapes of those trees. Although there's an argument contra: the perspective distortion of the "ghost" is too correctly corresponds with the tilt of the tree trunks behind it.

So it's either a real ghost or a photoshop. The latter seems unlikely as the figure has the same kind of pixel irregularities (jaggies, blur, hot/dark pixels, compression artifacts, etc.) as the rest of the picture. Just compare it to the shadow on the man's green jacket - it's just the same pattern. Besides, the same perspective distortion again is also not easy to fake, especially without tampering the pixel noise pattern.

Edited by Chaldon
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Chaldon said:

Here is the link to the full-size picture: http://cdn2.ettoday.net/images/2365/2365371.jpg

Thanks for the blow up. Is it just me or does there appear to be a shadow resembling a hat on the back of the dude in the bed of the truck? 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked