Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Claire.

Sessions Spoke with Russian Envoy Last Year

331 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Claire.

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose.

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

Read more: The Washington Post

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

Trump who claims to have never had contact with Russia was caught on a hot mic.

Quote

Hot mic catches Trump griping about special prosecutor: ‘I haven’t called Russia in 10 years’

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/hot-mic-catches-trump-griping-about-special-prosecutor-i-havent-called-russia-in-10-years

And no way can Sessions be considered partial. He not only did this once but twice! No excuses now to not recuse himself. Am so glad he won't be able to dismiss this as he did the DOJ's Chicago police report.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

That Sessions lied to Congress is worthy of his resignation and charges for perjury.

He needs to go.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

Flynn, Sessions, and quite possibly others:

American allies, including the British and the Dutch, had provided information describing meetings in European cities between Russian officials — and others close to Russia’s president, Vladimir V. Putin — and associates of President-elect Trump, according to three former American officials who requested anonymity in discussing classified intelligence. Separately, American intelligence agencies had intercepted communications of Russian officials, some of them within the Kremlin, discussing contacts with Trump associates.

Source: The New York Times

The entire article is worth a read. It discusses the Obama administration's efforts to preserve the intelligence of Russian election hacking, fearful there might be attempts at a over-up once Trump took office.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
20 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose.

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

Read more: The Washington Post

Wow, not even "reportedly" Just a flat out statement. Signed, sealed, and confirmed guilty.

Of course someone will go on the record and testify to that?

Let's see names and evidence before the man's life is destroyed.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Wow, not even "reportedly" Just a flat out statement. Signed, sealed, and confirmed guilty.

Of course someone will go on the record and testify to that?

Let's see names and evidence before the man's life is destroyed.

The Justice Department would not make a flat out statement like that unless they had confirmation of it. Sessions spoke with the Russian ambassador twice. We do not know what those conversations were about, and, interestingly, like Flynn, he has no recollection of what was discussed.

But why lie about it? When asked if he was aware of anyone involved with the Trump campaign communicating with the Russians, he stated: “I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

In fairness, the question was whether there was any contact with the Russians to influence the election, but still, his answer was misleading.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

I don't know what the heck is going on with this Russian thing but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the election was hacked. What was hacked? What does it mean to hack an election? The voting machines? All of them? In real time? Even paper ballots? The phrase "they hacked the election" just keeps getting tossed around and absorbed as a fact that that everyone takes for granted yet can't explain.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I don't know what the heck is going on with this Russian thing but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the election was hacked. What was hacked? What does it mean to hack an election? The voting machines? All of them? In real time? Even paper ballots? The phrase "they hacked the election" just keeps getting tossed around and absorbed as a fact that that everyone takes for granted yet can't explain.

Specifically, the hacking of the DNC which resulted in the release of thousands of emails. Apparently, there is also evidence that Russian hackers breached GOP individuals and organizations as well.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
 

"I did not have communications with the Russians" is the new "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."8:31 PM · Mar 1, 2017

 

court is now in sessions9:11 PM · Mar 1, 2017

 

I consider the Jeff Sessions implosion to be the appeteaser to the Trump impeachment entree.

675
 
 
in reply to @susie_meister
@susie_meister The Jeff Sessions Implosion: Worst jam band ever

9:07 PM · Mar 1, 2017

 

Why do Trump's top people have such a hard time remembering their conversations with Kislyak?

 

I mean, Sessions also lied under oath about being racist, so it's not as if there wasn't precedent.8:49 PM · Mar 1, 2017

 

 ‘A good way to go to jail’: Twitter explodes over revelations Sessions lied about Russian contacts

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
7 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Specifically, the hacking of the DNC which resulted in the release of thousands of emails. Apparently, there is also evidence that Russian hackers breached GOP individuals and organizations as well.

To be fair...so revealing the truth about the seedy underbelly of the DNC is the reason Trump was elected?

Edited by .ZZ.
mouse glitch lol
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
Just now, .ZZ. said:

To be fair...so revealing the truth about the seedy underbelly of the DNC is the reason Trump was elected?Insert other media

That's not what I stated. But now that we're on the subject of seedy underbellies... ;)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
Quote

A few minutes before he made those remarks, Mr. Trump met at a VIP reception with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Ivanovich Kislyak. Mr. Trump warmly greeted Mr. Kislyak and three other foreign ambassadors who came to the reception.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-goes-his-own-way-with-vladimir-putin-1463172396

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

I'm just going ease on out with a smile  :whistle:

Birds are singing and it's Spring!

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seeder

Another Trump bashing thread?  What a surprise. Have a read of this

 

Quote

 

The Resurrection of Armageddon

“The U.S. intelligence community’s extraordinary campaign of leaks claiming improper ties between President Trump’s team and Russia seeks to ensure a lucrative New Cold War by blocking detente.” — Gareth Porter

It only required 24 days for the Deep State to castrate President Donald Trump and terminate the promise that the high tensions with Russia created during the Clinton, George W. Bush, and Obama regimes would be terminated by Trump’s presidency.
As Gareth Porter shows conclusively (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/46546.htm), the case against General Flynn, Trump’s 24-day National Security Adviser, and by implication against Trump himself, is a fake news creation.

Obama’s CIA director, John Brennan, planted fake reports, none of which contained any evidence whatsoever, on the CIA-compliant media whores known as “presstitutes.” The CIA’s media whores knew that the reports were a CIA response to the threat to the $1,000 billion annual budget of the military/security complex that desperately needs “the Russian threat” for its justification. But the media whores—-principally the New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC—-and all the rest as well are more dedicated to serving their CIA master than they are to serving peace between nuclear powers. Interesting, isn’t it, that the US and Western media are more committed to conflict with Russia than they are to peace, despite the brutal fact that 10 percent of the nuclear arsenal of either the US or Russia is sufficient to terminate all life on earth.

do read it all

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/02/27/resurrection-armageddon-paul-craig-roberts/

 

 

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
Quote
Both McCain and Graham lambasted Trump over his approach to Russia and the country's President, Vladimir Putin.
"When it comes to Russia, he has a blind spot. The bottom line is that Putin is disrupting democracy everywhere," Graham said.
McCain, who has called for a select committee to investigate Russia's attempts to influence the US election, said the country's efforts require more attention.
"Have no doubt, what the Russians tried to do to our election could have destroyed democracy," he said. "And that's why we've got to pay a hell of a lot more attention to the Russians and the things they're doing in Europe -- and right now, they're trying to determine the outcome of the French election, and they're using cyber."
Kislyak Is considered by US intelligence to be one of Russia's top spies and spy-recruiters in Washington, according to current and former senior US government officials.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/jeff-sessions-russia-reaction/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
12 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm just going ease on out with a smile  :whistle:

Birds are singing and it's Spring!

That reminds me... I've got to check in on E9 again. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS

As I thought it's podestas emails. That is not a "hacking" of the election which as I suspected is a buzz phrase meant to rile people up without putting any real thought into what it means which is actually nothing since it's a fake phrase. I also don't get why Trump would need the Russian government to hack an email account guarded by the password "password" and why it would have to go through Wikileaks and why Wikileaks has such a vested interest in Trump. I don't think they do. I've always figured it could have been a Russian hacker who, as hackers love to do, hacked a famous persons dirty laundry and gave it to Wikileaks for exposure. This giant collusion conspiracy between Trump and the Russian government just seems unnecessary. Trump was always ahead and I think he knew it and anybody not blinded by the light of the first woman president knew so too. The signs were always there literally and metaphorically. I don't think many independents were swayed by the emails. That she and her cohorts were deceitful scum came as a surprise to nobody. She never had a chance. And don't take my questions as a dismissive stance. I think they're legitimate and deserve real answers if they can be given factually.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
31 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

To be fair...so revealing the truth about the seedy underbelly of the DNC is the reason Trump was elected?

To be really fair, if there is a seedy truth about the underbelly of the RNC it has not yet been exposed.  I would bet a Swedish pastry that either  Wikileaks or Anonymous will publish Trump tax data within the year.  That is not to say that President Trump has done anything seedy or illegal, but those organizations seem to be on the hunt and nothing seems safe or private anymore..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
7 minutes ago, F3SS said:

As I thought it's podestas emails. That is not a "hacking" of the election which as I suspected is a buzz phrase meant to rile people up without putting any real thought into what it means which is actually nothing since it's a fake phrase. I also don't get why Trump would need the Russian government to hack an email account guarded by the password "password" and why it would have to go through Wikileaks and why Wikileaks has such a vested interest in Trump. I don't think they do. I've always figured it could have been a Russian hacker who, as hackers love to do, hacked a famous persons dirty laundry and gave it to Wikileaks for exposure. This giant collusion conspiracy between Trump and the Russian government just seems unnecessary. Trump was always ahead and I think he knew it and anybody not blinded by the light of the first woman president knew so too. The signs were always there literally and metaphorically. I don't think many independents were swayed by the emails. That she and her cohorts were deceitful scum came as a surprise to nobody. She never had a chance. And don't take my questions as a dismissive stance. I think they're legitimate and deserve real answers if they can be given factually.

Deceitful scum, deceitful scum you say?

But lying to Congress is just fine for you?

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seeder
Quote

 

Obama, Hillary & GW Bush Pile On Trump


His deplorable record so far aside, Obama and GW Bush aren’t allies - for sure not Hillary, still seething from her electoral loss, likely plotting revenge, maybe involved in anti-Trump protests behind the scenes.

On Tuesday, Trump accused Obama of possibly being behind protests against him and White House leaks - “because his people are certainly behind it,” he said, referring to holdovers in his administration until they can be replaced.

Campaigning last year, he called Hillary a “world class liar,” using the State Department as her “own personal hedge fund,” lacking “the temperament (and) judgment to be president.”

She called him “temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility.” Obama earlier called him “unfit” and “woefully unprepared” to be president.

In 2014, Bush said “I don’t think it’s good for the country to have a former president undermine a current president...I think it’s bad for the presidency, for that matter.”

Monday on NBC’s Today Show, he went another way, saying “we all need answers” about alleged connections between Russian officials and Trump’s associates - despite no evidence of anything out-of-line, no wrongdoing of any kind.

So why raise the issue? Why join the chorus of Trump bashers?


http://www.rense.com/general96/obamhillpile.htm#sthash.2ZXBqAz3.dpuf


 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
3 minutes ago, seeder said:

 

Jeff Rense was cool when he talked about aliens and such. Sad to see what has become of his page.

Jeff_Rense.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
5 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Deceitful scum, deceitful scum you say?

But lying to Congress is just fine for you?

In fairness to Jeff Sessions, I suspect that he meant he didn't have any contact on behalf of the campaign, but apparently it's highly unusual to meet in private with the Russian ambassador in your Senate office. So I think he should at least recuse himself  from the investigation. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F3SS
1 hour ago, Claire. said:

In fairness, the question was whether there was any contact with the Russians to influence the election, but still, his answer was misleading.

 

4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

But lying to Congress is just fine for you?

If what Clair says above is true then it is not a lie. The question would have been about specific communications and not general communications. Right? Yes. Technicalities matter. So therefore there is nothing new here. Just further speculation and gaslighting headlines. 

Next to all that is it unusual for a senator to have communications with our foreign ambassadors?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
6 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

In fairness to Jeff Sessions, I suspect that he meant he didn't have any contact on behalf of the campaign, but apparently it's highly unusual to meet in private with the Russian ambassador in your Senate office. So I think he should at least recuse himself  from the investigation. 

 

 

4 minutes ago, F3SS said:

 

If what Clair says above is true then it is not a lie. The question would have been about specific communications and not general communications. Right? Yes. Technicalities matter. So therefore there is nothing new here. Just further speculation and gaslighting headlines. 

Next to all that is it unusual for a senator to have communications with our foreign ambassadors?

"I did not have communications with the Russians."

--Jeff Sessions

He said this to Congress. It was a lie. How much more proof do we need?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seeder
32 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Jeff Rense was cool when he talked about aliens and such. Sad to see what has become of his page.

 

 

Yet again you let yourself down by trying to get a quick reply in and then trying to criticize any info that you dont like.....

THAT article was written by Stephen Lendman.... NOT Rense...

do you even bother reading links....properly?  :tu:

 

 

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.