Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sessions Spoke with Russian Envoy Last Year

Claire.

19 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I thought about that too  when I realized that the media never covered the meeting  but because of the picture  people found out about  it.

WaPo covered it at first with no mentions of shoegate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2017/02/27/devos-and-gop-lawmakers-are-reaching-out-to-historically-black-colleges/?utm_term=.ed493dc50efd

And these.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/hbcus-advocates-looking-for-help-from-trump-on-funding/

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/28/517779731/hbcu-president-on-trump-meeting-we-gotta-invest-in-our-young-people

Nice attempt but no dice.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

I see   what's going on. President Trump is doing what he said he would.

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 3

Richard Painter, the former White House ethics lawyer to President George W. Bush from 2005 to 2007, blasted Attorney General Jeff Sessionsafter it was reported that he spoke with the Russian ambassador while Trump was on the campaign trail.

"Misleading the Senate in sworn testimony about one own contacts with the Russians is a good way to go to jail," Painter tweeted. 

Painter is now a professor of law at the University of Minnesota. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/321936-ethics-lawyer-to-george-w-bush-on-sessions-talks-with-russa

I spent two hours with the Congressional Black Caucus today discussing Russian attacks on the US. Does AG Sessions have anything to say?9:12 PM · Mar 1, 2017

Like I called it here when Flynn was under fire I will call it out again.

"Hopefully Sessions and Banning are the next to go. The sharks are out for blood."

Bannon will be next in line in the karmic clean sweep of these Islamophobes. Adios racists.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Claire. said:

Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose.

Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

One of the meetings was a private conversation between Sessions and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak that took place in September in the senator’s office, at the height of what U.S. intelligence officials say was a Russian cyber campaign to upend the U.S. presidential race.

The previously undisclosed discussions could fuel new congressional calls for the appointment of a special counsel to investigate Russia’s alleged role in the 2016 presidential election. As attorney general, Sessions oversees the Justice Department and the FBI, which have been leading investigations into Russian meddling and any links to Trump’s associates. He has so far resisted calls to recuse himself.

Read more: The Washington Post

OMFG IM OUT OF LIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive only been on for an hour or so so the site is definitely glitching, anyways:

THIS IS THE BEST THING IVE HEARD IN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha I cant help but harbor the feeling that its only a matter of time ...I think its called hope :D

• Like 2

Sessions lied about it again.

According to the Post, Sen. Patrick Leahy also sent Sessions this written question in January:

Several of the president-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?

Sessions’s reply: “No.”

Freshman Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions had some thoughts on that very question during the Bill Clinton impeachment imbroglio, when the president stood accused of lying to a federal grand jury about his assignations with Monica Lewinsky.

“I sort of assumed perjury occurred, but I want to read what was said, what the established fact is, and decide how clear that is and whether or not there is any wriggle room or realistic defense there," Sessions said in 1998. Back then, the senator described perjury as a “big-time issue,” adding, “I have no doubt that perjury qualifies under the Constitution as a high crime. It goes to the heart of the judicial system.”

After failing to remove Clinton from office for lying under oath, Sessions told the Associated Press in February 1999 that he feared Clinton’s acquittal would “send the wrong message to a future generation of American leaders.”

When President Nixon resigned in the face of impeachment in 1974, he said, the message was clear that officials “couldn't play games with the law and the truth.”
“I hope we haven't sent a message that’s not as clear,” he said, “that clever people can sometimes get ahead by spinning and not telling the truth. That worries me.”

That worries a lot of us, Jeff.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/02/by_jeff_sessions_s_standard_for_lying_under_oath_jeff_sessions_lied_under.html

If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Sessions lied about it again.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/03/02/by_jeff_sessions_s_standard_for_lying_under_oath_jeff_sessions_lied_under.html

If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword.

:clap: It wont let me give likes so please accept my applause instead! 

Oh man the front page headline on cnn.com right now just gave me a stiffie : Sessions 'not fit to serve'  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bee said:

.you mean like someone in the Intelligence Service telling them that there were '''sources''' -- ?

It's moot as Sessions himself has confirmed those conversations took place.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Claire. said:

It's moot as Sessions himself has confirmed those conversations took place.

He just doesn't remember what was said, sad, Flynn again begin again.

In the case of the September meeting, one department official who came to the defense of the attorney general said, "There's just not strong recollection of what was said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-jeff-sessions-russia-20170301-story.html

• Like 2

This is so good Im actually watching CNN :D :clap: 

What a great morning 

• Like 3

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, a Minnesota Democrat, what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Alright I understand the context but the question Franken asked did not include the proviso "about the campaign". 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

That Sessions lied to Congress is worthy of his resignation and charges for perjury.

He needs to go.

No problem! He'll just play the Hillary Card.

• Like 3

Geeze watching CNN and its like the Republicans in office are the posters here. The GOP daily talking points clearly included "theyre upset they lost the election" today. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

To be fair...so revealing the truth about the seedy underbelly of the DNC is the reason Trump was elected?

As much as I find myself *never* agreeing with .ZZ., I've got to give him this one.  Lies are lies, shady is shady, if it sticks to Trump, it's sticks to the lady. 

Now, let's hope that the Right recognize the same thing - if HRC can be condemned, regardless of how the information was obtained, the same should apply to Trump, et al, I expect to see the same level of "the end justify the means" and a lot less whining about Leftist media conspiracies, etc.  Remember:  HRC was never actually convicted of anything at all, and it still destroyed her campaign, no one on the Right cared if the allegations were proven to be true before "ruining their life", to reference another comment that I begrudgingly found myself agreeing with .ZZ. about. 

Is that fair, friends on the Right?  (Again, omitting my happy face here, so as not to ruffle feathers)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, OldNate said:

As much as I find myself *never* agreeing with .ZZ., I've got to give him this one.  Lies are lies, shady is shady, if it sticks to Trump, it's sticks to the lady. 

Now, let's hope that the Right recognize the same thing - if HRC can be condemned, regardless of how the information was obtained, the same should apply to Trump, et al, I expect to see the same level of "the end justify the means" and a lot less whining about Leftist media conspiracies, etc.  Remember:  HRC was never actually convicted of anything at all, and it still destroyed her campaign, no one on the Right cared if the allegations were proven to be true before "ruining their life", to reference another comment that I begrudgingly found myself agreeing with .ZZ. about. 

Is that fair, friends on the Right?  (Again, omitting my happy face here, so as not to ruffle feathers)

I will archive this and begrudgingly wish you a good day sir. 

• Like 3

Republicans don't approve. McCain and Graham (who is good friends with Sessions).

But now Chaffetz...

AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself7:14 AM · Mar 2, 2017

It  is also not one or the other but both. Clarify and then recuse. Or Sessions can pick which one to do first but now he is expected to do both.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I will archive this and begrudgingly wish you a good day sir. 

You should...it represents great personal pain...not to mention a superhuman dedication to integrity. 

;)

And a good day to you. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, OldNate said:

You should...it represents great personal pain...not to mention a superhuman dedication to integrity. 

;)

And a good day to you. 

I know that feeling...

:)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

"I did not have communications with the Russians" is the new "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."8:31 PM · Mar 1, 2017

court is now in sessions9:11 PM · Mar 1, 2017

I consider the Jeff Sessions implosion to be the appeteaser to the Trump impeachment entree.

in reply to @susie_meister
@susie_meister The Jeff Sessions Implosion: Worst jam band ever

9:07 PM · Mar 1, 2017

Why do Trump's top people have such a hard time remembering their conversations with Kislyak?

I mean, Sessions also lied under oath about being racist, so it's not as if there wasn't precedent.8:49 PM · Mar 1, 2017

‘A good way to go to jail’: Twitter explodes over revelations Sessions lied about Russian contacts

Pergy of the AG is unacceptable. As for losing his memory that is a great legal defence tactic not to self incriminate in later testimonies. That speaks for itself in his communications with the Russian representatives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Pergy of the AG is unacceptable. As for losing his memory that is a great legal defence tactic not to self incriminate in later testimonies. That speaks for itself in his communications with the Russian representatives.

Haha Sessions is turning into the male Hillary Clinton. Here’s All 40 Times Hillary Clinton Told the FBI She Couldn’t Remember Something

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Haha Sessions is turning into the male Hillary Clinton. Here’s All 40 Times Hillary Clinton Told the FBI She Couldn’t Remember Something

I think we'll see it happening with others besides Mr. Sessions in the administration and the Trump campaign team as well. This is what happens when people vote against instead of for a party candidate, I guess. These guys have done almost everything Hillary did but now it's OK and called fake news by the Whitehouse. 

How sad is it when I'm applauding George W Bush comments of the freedom of press and investigations because absolute power corrupts. He had things investigated during his term but he never made the press the enemy of the people. Why did the GOP let the chips fall where they may with Bush's failings but aren't supporting an independent investigation into all of theTrump teams ties to Russia dealings? 

Our integrity as a Democratic Republic is questioned because of this, but loyalty to party power comes first to most of them! Pergy and  cover-ups, White House official statements saying fake news if anything is derogatory and research reporters being called media against the American people is Putin strategy in itself.

As our fearless leader would say, Bad...Sad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken, a Minnesota Democrat, what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”

Alright I understand the context but the question Franken asked did not include the proviso "about the campaign". 

He had already been asked the question in writing and that DID include the mention of the campaign.  Sessions had "contact" with about 25 other representatives of foreign governments in that year.  Trump should give him full support and roll on with his agenda.  He will never accomplish anything positive (the goal of the Left/media) unless he does so and this is as good a place to draw the line as any ever will be.  The Left will be relentless.  They will never accept the legitimacy of this president or his people, even if irrefutable proof were produced of all contacts with the Russians.  So, in short, SCREW them and move on.  He needs to keep his supporters aware of what's going on and who in the Republican party isn't doing their job.  The Democrats are just snipers to watch out for for the next two years.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, White Unicorn said:

I think we'll see it happening with others besides Mr. Sessions in the administration and the Trump campaign team as well. This is what happens when people vote against instead of for a party candidate, I guess. These guys have done almost everything Hillary did but now it's OK and called fake news by the Whitehouse. 

How sad is it when I'm applauding George W Bush comments of the freedom of press and investigations because absolute power corrupts. He had things investigated during his term but he never made the press the enemy of the people. Why did the GOP let the chips fall where they may with Bush's failings but aren't supporting an independent investigation into all of theTrump teams ties to Russia dealings? 

Our integrity as a Democratic Republic is questioned because of this, but loyalty to party power comes first to most of them! Pergy and  cover-ups, White House official statements saying fake news if anything is derogatory and research reporters being called media against the American people is Putin strategy in itself.

As our fearless leader would say, Bad...Sad.

Great post. I think this sums up our current situation extremely well 

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

He had already been asked the question in writing and that DID include the mention of the campaign.  Sessions had "contact" with about 25 other representatives of foreign governments in that year.  Trump should give him full support and roll on with his agenda.  He will never accomplish anything positive (the goal of the Left/media) unless he does so and this is as good a place to draw the line as any ever will be.  The Left will be relentless.  They will never accept the legitimacy of this president or his people, even if irrefutable proof were produced of all contacts with the Russians.  So, in short, SCREW them and move on.  He needs to keep his supporters aware of what's going on and who in the Republican party isn't doing their job.  The Democrats are just snipers to watch out for for the next two years.

At an absolute minimum his answer was misleading. At most it was an outright lie. I find it strains credulity to claim that Sessions didnt know the importance of disclosing his interactions with the Russians. Had he simply done so this wouldnt be an issue. Now we're forced to wonder if there was a reason he didnt do so. 

If you really care about the legitimacy of the president then you should be calling for Sessions to recuse himself from investigating the Russia situation. If that doesn't happen a vast majority of people and im just guessing but probably the world will always have that question in the back of their minds. 

• Like 4