Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sessions Spoke with Russian Envoy Last Year

Claire.

Sessions is tough on illegal immigration that is the only reason why the left do not want him, but we do, and he's staying.  

I think the trouble makers will only help aide in  sending more illegals out faster.

funny how no one cared when Obama was trying to provoke Russia , A FN superpower into war.

You people want war, we don't .

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

funny how no one cared when Obama was trying to provoke Russia , A FN superpower into war.

I cared. I also care about the integrity of the highest office in the land. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, OldNate said:

it's like watching Tom and Jerry cartoons.

"Coining" another American metaphor?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you Canucks have any original programming to watch way up there?

Possibly "Ottawa 90210"? Maybe "Let's make a deal for your igloo"

This is fun!

Of course I'm only joking, destroying Sessions is our topic.

"Simmer down, it's only the internet"

Plus, I will not forget the obligatory :)

Just to show I'm not hostile. :)

I am on the edge of my seat here waiting for the next political gem.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There has definitely been a real uptick lately. It usually centers around the same posters. People who do this are no better than someone who mentions someones sexual orientation, religion or color during every disagreement.

It's a social disease. I can't think of any other way of defining it.

I'm sure you'll recall the "cop versus kid" thread a couple of years back, where I played the race card myself. It was actually a real eye-opener for me, as I realized just how programmed I'd become to react in a certain manner, derived from the constant pressure to conform by the media and society as a whole.

I'm a degree-educated forty-something. If this "programming" can affect my behaviour, can you imagine what it is doing to kids in schools and colleges? They don't have a chance.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Right, which is why Trump wants to increase the military spending without promising to increase the VA or even foreign aid.

What do you want? Or is it what Trump wants even when he changes his mind you just change yours? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I am on the edge of my seat here waiting for the next political gem.

Sorry, my outrage level has soared beyond being able to communicate, I'm worried I'll start spam posting, so I'd better put the Internet down.

Also, I use American references simply because I know how limited the knowledge of Americans is of cultures outside their own.  I will cite myself for this, remember the number of times I was asked about the square footage of my igloo whilst talking to newly met American friends.

Also, Anne of Green Gables was the best thing ever put on television. 

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Possibly "Ottawa 90210"? Maybe "Let's make a deal for your igloo"

lol those sound like perfect shows to fill the 2am time slot

• Like 5

1 minute ago, OldNate said:

Sorry, my outrage level has soared beyond being able to communicate, I'm worried I'll start spam posting, so I'd better put the Internet down.

Also, I use American references simply because I know how limited the knowledge of Americans is of cultures outside their own.  I will cite myself for this, remember the number of times I was asked about the square footage of my igloo whilst talking to newly met American friends.

Also, Anne of Green Gables was the best thing ever put on television. 

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) 

It's no worse than people asking me if we have indoor plumbing in the south. :lol:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

lol those sound like perfect shows to fill the 2am time slot

Actually, our answer to Beverly Hills 902010 was Degrassi Junior High.  Check it out on YouTube, and then try not to say "Of course it was".  I dare you.

• Like 4

Last year & Obama knew but did nothing about it, but he & others claim they're all concerned now & he just sat on it for an entire year.

Looks like it's that time for President Trump to Drain The Swamp.

Edited by Ellapennella

Sessions presser right now. 

• Like 1

Session is recusing himself from the investigation into the Russia thing. Glad to see he did the right thing 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 5

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Session is recusing himself from the investigation into the Russia thing. Glad to see he did the right thing 

Huh...going against Trump's "I don't think so" from the other article.  Yes, I may be knee-jerk grasping at straws, but could it be that some Republicans are starting to want a little bit of distance between them and their Great Leader? 

Definitely glad to see he did the right thing as well...another deviation from the Trump path...wow, that's two from the same guy, how long before he gets fired I wonder.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I watched the whole thing and I don't think he did himself any good. He was forgetful, and of course I can't stand the dreaded "uh" which he did many times.

The "kiss of death" scenario is looking more imminent.

• Like 3

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I watched the whole thing and I don't think he did himself any good. He was forgetful, and of course I can't stand the dreaded "uh" which he did many times.

The "kiss of death" scenario is looking more imminent.

I had to laugh at this statement:

Sessions: "I was honest and correct as I understood it at the time"

I'm sorry, that's the kind of answer I'd give my Mom when I was caught doing something I shouldn't when I was like 10.  As I understood it at the time....lol.... 

Also, Trump is on record saying he shouldn't recuse himself.  Maybe no kiss of death?  I mean, if you fire enough people, you're the only one left to shoulder the blame...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Huh...going against Trump's "I don't think so" from the other article.  Yes, I may be knee-jerk grasping at straws, but could it be that some Republicans are starting to want a little bit of distance between them and their Great Leader?

You know the Repubs didn't want him Trump to win the nomination, right? They want the gravy train to keep coming in as much as the Democrats do. Trump is a wrench in the gears for all sides, he just happened to run on the Republican ticket. I believe the Repubs even tried to subvert Trump's Repub nomination during the elections like the DNC did with Bernie.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump is a wrench in the gears for all sides

You really still believe that? How? Why? He's been in office for 5 weeks and I would argue pretty much everything he has done is basically business as usual, granted done clumsily  and offensively ......with the TPP being the one exception and even that I kinda have to believe is simply a matter of his ring of oligarchs didnt want to be constrained by international environmental regs. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

You know the Repubs didn't want him Trump to win the nomination, right? They want the gravy train to keep coming in as much as the Democrats do. Trump is a wrench in the gears for all sides, he just happened to run on the Republican ticket. I believe the Repubs even tried to subvert Trump's Repub nomination during the elections like the DNC did with Bernie.

Everyone in the western civilized world knows that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

You really still believe that? How? Why? He's been in office for 5 weeks and I would argue pretty much everything he has done is basically business as usual, granted done clumsily  and offensively ......with the TPP being the one exception and even that I kinda have to believe is simply a matter of his ring of oligarchs didnt want to be constrained by international environmental regs. 

President Trump will be in office for the next 8 years.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

President Trump will be in office for the next 8 years.

Hey Ella, how about instead of spamming threads with one line propaganda slogans you actually engage in the conversation?

SO how about you? What has trump done thus far that makes you still believe he was an "outsider"? 

• Like 3

Just a thought, could it be that Sessions answers were actually truthful and the framing of the questions is the problem?

In January, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) asked Sessions for answers to written questions. “Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?” Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

What if Sessions never discussed the elections? His answer would then be truthful. Also important to note is the timing. Was Sessions a member of the Trump Campaign when the call to Russia took place? If he was not, then again his answer would be technically truthful.

“This is the latest attack against the Trump administration by partisan Democrats,” the White House said in a statement. “Attorney General Sessions met with the ambassador in an official capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, which is entirely consistent with his testimony.”

Flores [Sessions spokesperson,] said Sessions spoke to Kislyak in his capacity as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, not as a Trump surrogate, and was not trying to mislead fellow senators when he said during his confirmation hearing that he had not been in contact with Moscow. 

Later Wednesday night, Sessions said in a statement: “I never met with any Russian officials to discuss issues of the campaign. I have no idea what this allegation is about. It is false.”

When it comes to law, specifics matter a lot. I don't have an opinion on this either way yet, just floating some ideas.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

If it was business as usual, you'd think the MSM would have let up long ago. Uninviting press organizations, applying for re-election immediately after taking office, waging war on human trafficking...I'm too tired today to think of more but it's been a busy 5 weeks with a lot of things we haven't seen before.

Just a thought, could it be that Sessions answers were actually truthful and the framing of the questions is the problem?

What if Sessions never discussed the elections? His answer would then be truthful. Also important to note is the timing. Was Sessions a member of the Trump Campaign when the call to Russia took place? If he was not, then again his answer would be technically truthful.

When it comes to law, specifics matter a lot. I don't have an opinion on this either way yet, just floating some ideas.

I think Franken's question was the more problematic one. His did not include the same proviso about discussing the campaign. 

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

If it was business as usual, you'd think the MSM would have let up long ago. Uninviting press organizations, applying for re-election immediately after taking office, waging war on human trafficking...I'm too tired today to think of more but it's been a busy 5 weeks with a lot of things we haven't seen before.

Waging war on human trafficking? 

• Like 1