Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sessions Spoke with Russian Envoy Last Year

Claire.

Ted Cruz is a weird dude but he is licensed attorney so his opinion on this does carry a little weight. Also, he did sit on the "Armed Services Committee" with Sessions. Here he breaks down the "political theater" regarding the accusations as per my last post (#125)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

If it was business as usual, you'd think the MSM would have let up long ago. Uninviting press organizations, applying for re-election immediately after taking office, waging war on human trafficking...I'm too tired today to think of more but it's been a busy 5 weeks with a lot of things we haven't seen before.

Shoot...a war on human trafficking?  That's groundbreaking.  Wonder where he got that idea from...https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/28/presidential-proclamation-national-slavery-and-human-trafficking

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Shoot...a war on human trafficking?  That's groundbreaking.  Wonder where he got that idea from...https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2016/12/28/presidential-proclamation-national-slavery-and-human-trafficking

Wow Obama dedicated a whole month to it? That should fix the problem like Black History Month fixed racism. How many arrests resulted from Obama's new month?

Also, it was reportedly Ivanka that pushed for the crackdown initially, not Trump.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Waging war on human trafficking? 

Yeah I made a thread about it last week, remember? Going after human trafficking "with the full weight of the Government"?

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Wow Obama dedicated a whole month to it? That should fix the problem like Black History Month fixed racism. How many arrests resulted from Obama's new month?

And that shows you didn't read the proclamation.

The United States has pursued efforts to address these crimes and lift up individuals who have suffered unspeakable abuse at the hands of traffickers. Through the Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, we have joined with the private sector, faith communities, law enforcement, and advocates to coordinate efforts to prevent trafficking and protect victims. Focusing on an agenda that prioritizes victim services, the rule of law, procurement of supplies, and increasing public awareness, the Task Force has strengthened Federal efforts to end human trafficking. In 2012, I issued an Executive Order to strengthen protections against human trafficking in Federal contracting, and nearly a year ago, I signed legislation that strengthened our ability to prevent products made with forced labor, including child labor, from entering American markets.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Just a thought, could it be that Sessions answers were actually truthful and the framing of the questions is the problem?

What if Sessions never discussed the elections? His answer would then be truthful. Also important to note is the timing. Was Sessions a member of the Trump Campaign when the call to Russia took place? If he was not, then again his answer would be technically truthful.

When it comes to law, specifics matter a lot. I don't have an opinion on this either way yet, just floating some ideas.

Been sitting on that same response while reading the last six pages. Beat me to it. Why can't they simply ask this  part question. Ever have contact with Russian officials, if so when, in what capacity and what was spoken about? The framing of the questions is terrible.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Yeah I made a thread about it last week, remember? Going after human trafficking "with the full weight of the Government"?

My memory sucks to be honest. I know theres a meme going around giving Trump credit for a whole ton of human trafficking arrests that have happened since he took office but , um investigations take a long time. 

I mean dont get me wrong if he is then thats fantastic and I applaud him for it. Back to my original question though Im not sure how that qualifies him as being an outsider. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

This combination, of a Red scare and a witch hunt, is a complete and total waste of money and time. We should spend our energy, as well as resources, on improving the USA for all citizens. The opposition evidently couldn't care less about this as it's clear that they will be nothing but obstructionists, placing their party before their country. Their goal is to destroy the Trump presidency, along with their allies in the mainstream propaganda outlets. Forget our infrastructure and inner cities. It's more important for Pelosi's crew of malcontents to hurt Trump in all possible ways. Apparently, that's all that matters to them. What can one expect from sore losers with a grossly misplaced sense of priorities that put grudges before people.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

This combination, of a Red scare and a witch hunt, is a complete and total waste of money and time. We should spend our energy, as well as resources, on improving the USA for all citizens. The opposition evidently couldn't care less about this as it's clear that they will be nothing but obstructionists, placing their party before their country. Their goal is to destroy the Trump presidency, along with their allies in the mainstream propaganda outlets. Forget our infrastructure and inner cities. It's more important for Pelosi's crew of malcontents to hurt Trump in all possible ways. Apparently, that's all that matters to them. What can one expect from sore losers with a grossly misplaced sense of priorities that put grudges before people.

All they want is an investigation...you know, like the Right did regarding HRC?  Would you not be concerned if the Russians had a hand in installing your government?  Would you not be concerned if your politicians were making backdoor deals with the Russians (or any other nation), and then lied to you about that?  How would you feel if HRC had been consulting with the Russians prior to the election, and had won?  

I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty...but you still gotta go to court, no?  

The hypocrisy with which some of the Right are handling this is positively delicious.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OldNate said:

All they want is an investigation...you know, like the Right did regarding HRC?  Would you not be concerned if the Russians had a hand in installing your government?  Would you not be concerned if your politicians were making backdoor deals with the Russians (or any other nation), and then lied to you about that?  How would you feel if HRC had been consulting with the Russians prior to the election, and had won?  

I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty...but you still gotta go to court, no?  

The hypocrisy with which some of the Right are handling this is positively delicious.

A child can see that this is nothing more or less than a smear campaign. The sore losers will grasp at any straw to topple the Trump presidency. "The Russians" are just one of many ways to ruin the Trump presidency, especially when you look at the fact that all they allegedly did was reveal how absolutely horrid the Clinton campaign was. The *real* hypocrisy is revealed by the fact that her allies, in the leftist press, hid her problems from the public.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

A child can see that this is nothing more or less than a smear campaign. The sore losers will grasp at any straw to topple the Trump presidency. "The Russians" are just one of many ways to ruin the Trump presidency, especially when you look at the fact that all they allegedly did was reveal how absolutely horrid the Clinton campaign was. The *real* hypocrisy is revealed by the fact that her allies, in the leftist press, hid her problems from the public.

Smear campaign?  He's the President, the race and campaigning are over.  There is nothing wrong with an investigation.  If there is nothing to find, then fine.  Shut up the critics.  Maybe it's just a coincidence that so many picks for cabinet positions had interactions with Russians during the campaign.  Maybe it wasn't.  But, if there is something there, we certainly have a right to know.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Smear campaign?  He's the President, the race and campaigning are over.  There is nothing wrong with an investigation.  If there is nothing to find, then fine.  Shut up the critics.  Maybe it's just a coincidence that so many picks for cabinet positions had interactions with Russians during the campaign.  Maybe it wasn't.  But, if there is something there, we certainly have a right to know.

They can conduct a smear campaign at any time for any reason. This current tempest in a teapot is just the latest in a long line of them. This is what Pelosi and company will do for the next (fill in the blank) years. Their goal is to hurt Trump, not help us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They can conduct a smear campaign at any time for any reason. This current tempest in a teapot is just the latest in a long line of them. This is what Pelosi and company will do for the next (fill in the blank) years. Their goal is to hurt Trump, not help us.

So are you for or against a full investigation into potential Trump - Putin connection?

• Like 2

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

So get the investigation over with.  If there's nothing there, nothing will be found.  Until an investigation, this will be a thorn in the side of the administration.  Maybe Trump knew about these things, maybe he didn't.  However, it is quite odd that that multiple top picks lied about Russia.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Good grief...come on.  Even other Republicans are saying that he should take a step back.  At some point reality has to play some part in all of this, doesn't it?  Or is it just easier to keep denying and denying and denying and....  

Ultimately it doesn't matter, because he did the right thing...but why are you still on here swinging away at windmills?  It's a little silly, no?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thanato said:

So are you for or against a full investigation into potential Trump - Putin connection?

I'm for a *fair* investigation. Please tell me how Putin helped Trump win.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

So get the investigation over with.  If there's nothing there, nothing will be found.  Until an investigation, this will be a thorn in the side of the administration.  Maybe Trump knew about these things, maybe he didn't.  However, it is quite odd that that multiple top picks lied about Russia.  

How did Putin help Trump? How did he "hack" the election?

• Like 2

I'm for a *fair* investigation. Please tell me how Putin helped Trump win.

Well if I knew, there wouldn't be the need to do a thorough investigation. 

But if I was to guess he would use propaganda, covert intelligence, along with cyber warfare in order to push what he wanted.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Good grief...come on.  Even other Republicans are saying that he should take a step back.  At some point reality has to play some part in all of this, doesn't it?  Or is it just easier to keep denying and denying and denying and....  

Ultimately it doesn't matter, because he did the right thing...but why are you still on here swinging away at windmills?  It's a little silly, no?

What Republicans are saying that? Are you talking about Graham and McCain? As far as denial goes, Pelosi's crew of desperate Democrats immediately come to mind. They deny the fact that we reject their failures.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

How did Putin help Trump? How did he "hack" the election?

I'm not an investigator.  Don't ask me those questions.  But, if it did in fact happen, we have a right to know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Well if I knew, there wouldn't be the need to do a thorough investigation. 

But if I was to guess he would use propaganda, covert intelligence, along with cyber warfare in order to push what he wanted.

How is it propaganda to reveal the misdeeds of the Clinton campaign? Let's assume that they hacked the emails, so how was it propaganda when none of the revelations, found in the emails, are false?

• Like 3

How is it propaganda to reveal the misdeeds of the Clinton campaign? Let's assume that they hacked the emails, so how was it propaganda when none of the revelations, found in the emails, are false?

Propaganda is  "the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person".

Now this could of been WRT the e-mails, somehow but that would of been more to do with cyber warfare. But it there are many other ways the Russians could of helped Trump through covert propaganda spreeding of rumours, pizzagate, ect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I'm not an investigator.  Don't ask me those questions.  But, if it did in fact happen, we have a right to know.

It's a convenient boogeyman for the Democrats. It's the gift that keeps on giving while nothing else gets done, things that likely could help millions of Americans, but Miss Nancy has a grudge.

• Like 1

It's a convenient boogeyman for the Democrats. It's the gift that keeps on giving while nothing else gets done, things that likely could help millions of Americans, but Miss Nancy has a grudge.

So, like I said, conduct an investigation, and it goes away.  Why does it keep on giving though?  Because more and more people are caught lying about Russian ties.  

• Like 2

Just now, Thanato said:

Propaganda is  "the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person".

Now this could of been WRT the e-mails, somehow but that would of been more to do with cyber warfare. But it there are many other ways the Russians could of helped Trump through covert propaganda spreeding of rumours, pizzagate, ect.

I know the definition of propaganda. How do confirmed facts, in supposedly Putin-obtained emails, meet that definition?