Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Team Trump's Complex Web of Ties With Russia

Claire.

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Cant stand either of them, however as Samuel Clemens said politics makes strange bedfellows and as some indian dude said long ago the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

Love me some term limits though!!!! Time to end the perpetual oligarchy 

I hate that one!

Please no... lets not keep using that on.

It comes from the Muddle-East, and could be why it is so crappy. I prefer; "The enemy of my friend is also my enemy!"

A bit more positive, isn't it?

And love right back on the Term Limits. There is a way we can see to it; just don't vote anyone back in after a while. We can still do that much.

.... had to edit this one, sorry if there was any confusion

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL, from the link:

"We don't know what was being discussed here"

Farmer, I have noticed your posts have become even more emboldened with the arrival of some new cohorts in the other threads. :whistle:

IDK about other cohorts making me emboldened but the news cycle certainly has :D

• Like 3

Just now, Farmer77 said:

IDK about other cohorts making me emboldened but the news cycle certainly has :D

LOL, I've noticed a little extra zing in your step. :tu:

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think the difference is in the direct efforts of a foreign nation trying to influence the opinions of the voters. 

Thank God someone did, if that really was the case, in revealing to the People what the ruling Party and the candidate it had rigged its own votes to get into power was really like.  

• Like 1

See the thing is Farmer, I'm sure you'd agree that directly intervening in other people's elections is something the U.S. has been doing for decades? And in rather more hands-on ways than possibly releasing a few emails that were embarrassing to the ruling Party? But now you're outraged when a Foreign Power might possibly have done it to you? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

See the thing is Farmer, I'm sure you'd agree that directly intervening in other people's elections is something the U.S. has been doing for decades? And in rather more hands-on ways than possibly releasing a few emails that were embarrassing to the ruling Party? But now you're outraged when a Foreign Power might possibly have done it to you? 

Nah my outrage isnt at the foreign entity for doing its thing, I recognize the hypocrisy in Americans whining about a foreign entity becoming involved. My outrage is at the fact that an American potentially aided them while proclaiming himself a patriot and then has done everything he can do to deflect and extend the issue , while proclaiming himself a patriot. Regardless of the hypocrisy for the good of the nation we need to investigate the hell outta this and put it to bed one way or the other. 

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Thank God someone did, if that really was the case, in revealing to the People what the ruling Party and the candidate it had rigged its own votes to get into power was really like.  

I was rooting for Trump to win. I recognize the corrupted, fermented poison wrapped in meat that is Hillary Clinton. That however doesnt change whether it is right or wrong for a foreign superpower to work in collusion, allegedly , with a presidential candidate. 

From my standpoint it would be best case scenario if he didnt and is proven innocent

A close second best case though would be that he is guilty and proven so. The 2016 election will have ended up being the ruination of two oligarchs and a lose/lose election will have become a win-win for our nation. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

It's a slippery slope.   Media outlets obtain information in questionable ways that they rarely have to reveal.   I know "Russia" is not a media company, but what is the difference?   I hadn't heard that they released any false information.  

Most media outlets, foreign and domestic, had Hillary's back in this election.   Would it had made a difference if the recording of Trump saying "grab the p@#$y" came from Spain?

• Like 1

All of Trump’s Russia Ties, in 7 Charts

What is the real story of Donald Trump and Russia? The answer is still unclear, and Democrats in Congress want to get to the bottom of it with an investigation. But there’s no doubt that a spider web of connections—some public, some private, some clear, some murky—exists between Trump, his associates and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

These charts illustrate dozens of those links, including meetings between Russian officials and members of Trump’s campaign and administration; his daughter’s ties to Putin’s friends; Trump’s 2013 visit to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant; and his short-lived mixed martial arts venture with one of Putin’s favorite athletes. The solid lines mark established facts, while dotted ones represent speculative or unproven connections.

Read more: POLITICO Magazine

• Like 1

Do you, or at any rate Politico Magazine, really see contact with Russians as something shocking and horrifying? If they do, Politico magazine are mad. 

49 minutes ago, Claire. said:

All of Trump’s Russia Ties, in 7 Charts

What is the real story of Donald Trump and Russia? The answer is still unclear, and Democrats in Congress want to get to the bottom of it with an investigation. But there’s no doubt that a spider web of connections—some public, some private, some clear, some murky—exists between Trump, his associates and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

These charts illustrate dozens of those links, including meetings between Russian officials and members of Trump’s campaign and administration; his daughter’s ties to Putin’s friends; Trump’s 2013 visit to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant; and his short-lived mixed martial arts venture with one of Putin’s favorite athletes. The solid lines mark established facts, while dotted ones represent speculative or unproven connections.

Read more: POLITICO Magazine

Those charts neglect one other connection.

Trump keeps finding himself in the same city as Russian billionaire who paid him $95 million for mansion

A Russian billionaire paid Donald Trump $95 million for a Palm Beach mansion nearly a decade ago — a substantially higher price than the future president had paid several years earlier and more expensive than any other home for sale at the time.

Dmitry Rybolovlev paid Trump an unusually high $50 million premium to Trump in 2008 for the property, which the Russian billionaire bought as an investment rather than a residence, reported the Palm Beach Post.

The mansion, which Trump had bought for $41.35 million in 2004, turned out to have a mold problem and was torn down last year and divided into three lots, once of which sold afterward for $34 million — although that buyer remains a mystery.

Rybolovlev, who made his fortune selling fertilizer potash, denied “directly or indirectly” owning any property in Florida during divorce proceedings a couple years after purchasing the mansion through an LLC.

Somebody paid me $100 million,” Trump told a reporter in February 2011.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-keeps-finding-himself-in-the-same-city-as-russian-billionaire-who-paid-him-95-million-for-mansion/

• Like 1

Are you outraged, appalled and horrified about this? If so, why? Or is it just that it's anti-Trump in some vague way? "He was paid a great deal of money by a Russkie Fertilizer Billionaire!!!"  Horror!! ?  If so, why is that horrifying, appalling and outrageous?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

Meet the Russian billionaire who may be at the center of p***gate

In unraveling the ball of yarn that is President Trump’s connections to Russian politicians and oligarchs, the string just keeps getting more knotted. Enter: Dmitry Rybolovlev, a Russian billionaire whose pattern of behavior with regard to our president is raising more than a few eyebrows among those who know where to dig.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/321858/dmitry-rybolovlev-p***-tape-russia-florida-mansion-trump/

It's completely speculative at this point of course but it does raise eyebrows and deserves further inquiry.

So now you're just copying & pasting the latest silly bit of gossipy slander then, much like Avatar Samantha used to (where's she now?). I'm disappointed in that from you. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So now you're just copying & pasting the latest silly bit of gossipy slander then, much like Avatar Samantha used to (where's she now?). I'm disappointed in that from you. 

If Clinton had won the election would you be equally disappointed if these same type of allegations were investigated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Those charts neglect one other connection.

Trump keeps finding himself in the same city as Russian billionaire who paid him $95 million for mansion

A Russian billionaire paid Donald Trump $95 million for a Palm Beach mansion nearly a decade ago — a substantially higher price than the future president had paid several years earlier and more expensive than any other home for sale at the time.

Dmitry Rybolovlev paid Trump an unusually high $50 million premium to Trump in 2008 for the property, which the Russian billionaire bought as an investment rather than a residence, reported the Palm Beach Post.

The mansion, which Trump had bought for $41.35 million in 2004, turned out to have a mold problem and was torn down last year and divided into three lots, once of which sold afterward for $34 million — although that buyer remains a mystery.

Rybolovlev, who made his fortune selling fertilizer potash, denied “directly or indirectly” owning any property in Florida during divorce proceedings a couple years after purchasing the mansion through an LLC.

Somebody paid me $100 million,” Trump told a reporter in February 2011.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/trump-keeps-finding-himself-in-the-same-city-as-russian-billionaire-who-paid-him-95-million-for-mansion/

So a businessman bought low and sold high.

Ok, and?

Oh, it's the Russian thing is it?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

If Clinton had won the election would you be equally disappointed if these same type of allegations were investigated?

I pick my battles carefully. If all of the current gossip is true, there is more than enough to go after Trump for without delving into long past business deals, before he even got into politics.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

So a businessman bought low and sold high.

Ok, and?

Oh, it's the Russian thing is it?

He didn't buy low, but he did sell a mold ridden run down mansion to a Russian oligarch four years later for almost twice the price (which was a record house price). That and Rybolovlev never saw it before the purchase.

A convenient money transfer? That's the question being asked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

He didn't buy low, but he did sell a mold ridden run down mansion to a Russian oligarch four years later for almost twice the price (which was a record house price). That and Rybolovlev never saw it before the purchase.

A convenient money transfer? That's the question being asked.

Real estate agent now LG?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

I pick my battles carefully. If all of the current gossip is true, there is more than enough to go after Trump for without delving into long past business deals, before he even got into politics.

When does one's business life end and one's political life begin?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

Real estate agent now LG?

Heck no. Just relating what I'm reading and it is interesting.

• Like 4

Just now, Likely Guy said:

When does one's business life end and one's political life begin?

I have bought and sold property over the years. Made a profit too, by the way. Does that make me a politician if I decide to run for city council now?

3 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Heck no. Just relating what I'm reading and it is interesting.

It's all good, "heck" it's Friday after all. :whistle:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I have bought and sold property over the years. Made a profit too, by the way. Does that make me a politician if I decide to run for city council now?

No, but if you become a city councilor and still owe favours to people you had past financial dealings with, people would rightly take an interest.

Oh shoot...I sold a couple of acres to an Irish family. Will that come back and bite me on the butt? :(

• Like 4

These "investigations" maybe 1 outta 100 times ever amount to anyone actually paying a price...The super rich and well connected are better than us average people and it's time to accept it and move on.

It all amounts to nothing more than party politics and just a way to delay doing their damn jobs and wasting millions in tax payers dollars to tell us "well they screwed up,but we see no reason to pursue charges"...

Anyone want to make a rather large wager that the most that comes of any of the current "investigations" is maybe a few resignations or low level sentences for a few aids?

Meanwhile us common folk are at each others throats for no real reasons meh.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked