Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Team Trump's Complex Web of Ties With Russia

Claire.

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I think you hit the nail on the head here. More than likely Trump wanted to 'push the re-set button' with Russia...probably why he had guys on his team that had done business with Russia to begin with. Trump and Putin are not bro-friends, nor is Trump willing to submit to Putin (a la Colbert's crude homophobic joke). This is all political nonsense being promoted by those who lost an election they felt entitled to win.

That's what it is all about.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 11:05 AM, Merc14 said:

The crime here was the leaking of names and possibly, giving access to classified materials to people not cleared to se them.  Not sure who did that but we know who exposed the names in the first place.

Lindsey Graham confirmed through questioning NSA chief Mike Rogers that records of every unmasking as well as the rationale for them being approved, are available to the committees.  He also stated that the only person who had legal access to the unmasked name(s) was the person who requested the unmasking.  Maybe Susan Rice was a very careful snoop for her boss or maybe she got sloppy at some point but if these committees actually DO THEIR JOBS, we should have an accurate picture of the numbers of people unmasked, when it happened and why she felt the need to ask for info the 3 intel agencies did not think were necessary initially.  If, as I suspect, that little picture shows a pattern of key Trump campaign workers and family members being unmasked "incidentally" before the election and during the transition, I think the Dems should finally get the "independent special prosecutor" they've been yelling about.  OTOH, if no pattern exists or there is sufficient doubt of Rice's intent because she was outing everyone in sight, then the committees sweep it under the rug and we move on.  We deserve to know if our intel agencies were used to spy on political opponents.  If that can be proven to an unbiased observer, BHO won't be prosecuted but his legacy will disappear like a fart in a gale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Comey got fired cause he found something not cause he's hiding something.

You do realize that he has teams of investigators, all producing leads, and details, notes, memos, emails, all those elements of any investigation that cannot be simply erased before a new boss shows up, right?  Despite the best attempts of an increasingly hysterical media, the investigation of some of Trump's campaign team is as solid today as it was yesterday.  Unless the number two at FBI (McCabe) tells them to stand down, they've never stopped their work.  If a new boss comes in and tells them to stand down or begins to put the brakes on leads, there is no way that wouldn't be leaked.  The bottom line is that nothing short of Trump being perp walked out of the WH would ever stop the Dems.  They've sold out completely to the idea of a coup through impeachment and they will become increasingly shrill and unhinged as these investigations move toward completion without proof of any real wrongdoing by Team Trump.  In short, they now occupy a fantasy world where a thing MUST be true, simply because they say it's true.  And apparently, about half the voters in the US are right there with them.  Hypocrites, every one, because there's NO WAY they'd accept being treated that way themselves.  They might want to think around a corner and imagine just how unpredictable Trump could be on this.  Since the AG is totally independent, he could reopen the HRC server case and send it to a grand jury even without Trump's approval.  Man, would that cause some heads to spontaneously combust  :w00t:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Lindsey Graham confirmed through questioning NSA chief Mike Rogers that records of every unmasking as well as the rationale for them being approved, are available to the committees.  He also stated that the only person who had legal access to the unmasked name(s) was the person who requested the unmasking.  Maybe Susan Rice was a very careful snoop for her boss or maybe she got sloppy at some point but if these committees actually DO THEIR JOBS, we should have an accurate picture of the numbers of people unmasked, when it happened and why she felt the need to ask for info the 3 intel agencies did not think were necessary initially.  If, as I suspect, that little picture shows a pattern of key Trump campaign workers and family members being unmasked "incidentally" before the election and during the transition, I think the Dems should finally get the "independent special prosecutor" they've been yelling about.  OTOH, if no pattern exists or there is sufficient doubt of Rice's intent because she was outing everyone in sight, then the committees sweep it under the rug and we move on.  We deserve to know if our intel agencies were used to spy on political opponents.  If that can be proven to an unbiased observer, BHO won't be prosecuted but his legacy will disappear like a fart in a gale.

Great, thanks, I didn't know those records were available.  What is so frustrating is that NOTHING seems to be happening about all this abject corruption over the last 8 years: 

- The IRS is weaponized and attacks American citizens simply because they are raising money for the republicans and NOTHING happens. 

- The SecState , President and Chairman of the NSA lie to the American public and congressional committees about the attack in Benghazi and put  man in jail for months to back up this lie and NOTHING Happens.

- The president's staff uses our national intelligence agencies against political opponents and NOTHING happens.

- The SecState violates all known classified material laws, destroys evidence against her, impedes a congressional investigation and then lies to that same committee and NOTHING happens.

- The SecState collects tons of millions of dollars from foreign governments through her "charity", a charity which only spends 10% of its revenue on actual charity, and hands out favors to those same governments through her office in a blatant public corruption situation and NOTHING happens.

- Now we have a document from Loretta Lynch specifically stating that she would not allow any investigation of Hillary Clinton's private server "go to far" and nothing happens. 

- The director of the FBI didn't feel that little piece of intel was worth brining up so he gets fired and EVERYTHING happens.

Time to drain that swamp and put some of these people in jail starting with both Clintons.

• Like 6

Never mind, we are wasting our time here.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Do you seriously believe that?  If that is the case what would stop Comey going to the NYTs and spilling his guts?  He'd be protected by the democrats if he did that and the book deal would be in the millions,    The word in the states is that Sessions was waiting for congress to approve his deputy AG (the democrats have been holding up many positions as a way to hinder Trump) which just happened. 

Maybe he will. Maybe he has signed a confidentiality agreement. His position does entail alot of secrets. I bet this will unwrap further down the line and we'll find out. You know Merc i still haven't read anywhere why Comey was fired.   

7 hours ago, and then said:

You do realize that he has teams of investigators, all producing leads, and details, notes, memos, emails, all those elements of any investigation that cannot be simply erased before a new boss shows up, right?  Despite the best attempts of an increasingly hysterical media, the investigation of some of Trump's campaign team is as solid today as it was yesterday.  Unless the number two at FBI (McCabe) tells them to stand down, they've never stopped their work.  If a new boss comes in and tells them to stand down or begins to put the brakes on leads, there is no way that wouldn't be leaked.  The bottom line is that nothing short of Trump being perp walked out of the WH would ever stop the Dems.  They've sold out completely to the idea of a coup through impeachment and they will become increasingly shrill and unhinged as these investigations move toward completion without proof of any real wrongdoing by Team Trump.  In short, they now occupy a fantasy world where a thing MUST be true, simply because they say it's true.  And apparently, about half the voters in the US are right there with them.  Hypocrites, every one, because there's NO WAY they'd accept being treated that way themselves.  They might want to think around a corner and imagine just how unpredictable Trump could be on this.  Since the AG is totally independent, he could reopen the HRC server case and send it to a grand jury even without Trump's approval.  Man, would that cause some heads to spontaneously combust  :w00t:

Im glad you brought that up. I wanna clarify some points. The FBI and Comey in particular on the 3rd of May testified about the investigation into the Clinton email affair and the Russian links to Trump's campaign... Just before that given testimony, Trump attacked Comey. Quite an interesting thing to do since the FBI and its director are only acting on the orders of the DoJ. So why doesn't Trump attack the DoJ? 6 day's latter Comey is fired. So the way i read this, Trump instructs the DoJ to tell the FBI to investigate political links concerning his election. Comey does so and before and after testimony Trump attacked the director of the FBI for leading an investigation that he personally sanctioned. Why?

So you are right in saying that all the notes, emails and what not have left a paper trail that can be used but only by the next director of the FBI. The investigation can be buried, delayed or even eventually reclassify the findings to date as a national secret and get locked up. 

Trump is a light weight. Expect many more controversial appointments and firings. You don't start or authorise an investigation without being completely sure what the out come is from the start. Trump got scared and pulled the plug. The democrats see fish in the stream and they're throwing a line in which is part of the political process and last i looked Trump is a politician and not immune from scrutiny. The media are not beholden to Trump or any one so where you find this "hysteria" is beyond me. 

The real proof of the pudding is whether the next director will investigate. Now that will be interesting since there already is a paper trail to follow. ;) 

Edited by Captain Risky

35 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is a light weight.

I don't think so. Hillary Clinton ran the largest and most expensive campaign in all history...and she lost to Donald Trump. Love him or hate him, The Donald isn't a "light weight".

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I don't think so. Hillary Clinton ran the largest and most expensive campaign in all history...and she lost to Donald Trump. Love him or hate him, The Donald isn't a "light weight".

Well I believe that Hillary lost the election more than Trump won it. Obama by not reigning in Comey helped too, Lily. With no diplomatic skills, or republican party connections I can't but think of Trump as inexperienced.

9 hours ago, and then said:

I wonder how much investigating Comey has actually been doing.  He gave immunity to all the key players without getting any info from them.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?   He even destroyed their computers before anyone, including FBI agents, could look at them.  Does that sound like an investigation to you?  People leaked unmasked names from classified surveillance and, as you laid out, that leaker should be very easy to track yet nothing.  

I think he was a democrat operative plain and simple and Trump screwed up, once again, by leaving another (see Susan Yates) corrupt Obama appointee in power.   He needed to drain the swamp on day one but he didn't, he left Obama people in power and they have been sabotaging him everyday since and Comey was the worst one of  the bunch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

I wonder how much investigating Comey has actually been doing.  He gave immunity to all the key players without getting any info from them.  Have you ever heard of such a thing?   He even destroyed their computers before anyone, including FBI agents, could look at them.  Does that sound like an investigation to you?  People leaked unmasked names from classified surveillance and, as you laid out, that leaker should be very easy to track yet nothing.  

I think he was a democrat operative plain and simple and Trump screwed up, once again, by leaving another (see Susan Yates) corrupt Obama appointee in power.   He needed to drain the swamp on day one but he didn't, he left Obama people in power and they have been sabotaging him everyday since and Comey was the worst one of  the bunch.

All I can say is that if Trump doesn't allow real investigations to move forward on HRC's crimes, it's going to be all downhill from here.  Right into the revolution.

• Like 2

Hillary isn't out of danger yet.

Where is my popcorn?

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, and then said:

All I can say is that if Trump doesn't allow real investigations to move forward on HRC's crimes, it's going to be all downhill from here.  Right into the revolution.

I think Sessions was waiting for his deputy to get approved before he could move forward as he has recused himself and Rosenstein, being an old hand, knows the score and took Comey out first thing.   He knew that all investigation into corrupt democrats stopped at dirty Comey's desk and maybe now the Clintons will get what is coming to them.   

• Like 2

If there's no direct evidence that Trump personally colluded with Russia to throw the election (or ordered others to do so) then all hell will more than likely break out towards Hillary Clinton (it will be retribution). Someone is going down here and it ain't gonna be pretty. Hold on kiddies...it's going to get worse before it gets better.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Lilly said:

If there's no direct evidence that Trump personally colluded with Russia to throw the election (or ordered others to do so) then all hell will more than likely break out towards Hillary Clinton (it will be retribution). Someone is going down here and it ain't gonna be pretty. Hold on kiddies...it's going to get worse before it gets better.

All these breathless democrats are missing the real story here which is that Obama was illegally using the national intelligence agencies to spy on his political opponents.  That is the only crime coming out of all these myriad investigations, that and someone on Obama's White House staff leaked names illegally.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Merc14 said:

All these breathless democrats are missing the real story here which is that Obama was illegally using the national intelligence agencies to spy on his political opponents.  That is the only crime coming out of all these myriad investigations, that and someone on Obama's White House staff leaked names illegally.

If there is no actual evidence of collusion with Russia to throw the election then it's certainly not going to look very good that President Obama used national security agencies to spy on team Trump. Basically, this all goes right back to what the evidence demonstrates.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

If there is no actual evidence of collusion with Russia to throw the election then it's certainly not going to look very good that President Obama used national security agencies to spy on team Trump. Basically, this all goes right back to what the evidence demonstrates.

Maybe a real director of the FBI will investigate who leaked unmasked names to the press, a felony crime with jail time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Maybe a real director of the FBI will investigate who leaked unmasked names to the press, a felony crime with jail time. 

Personally, I'm very interested to find out exactly who did that. I wonder if we'll ever know?

• Like 1

Personally, I would love to see Tray Goudy run the FBI. He would go after Hillary, the IRS scandal, all the things that were ignored by Obie's administrations. It would be great. GREAT.

I could also see Chuck Schumer having a stroke, and the media's talking heads just explode on live TV if Trump announced Goudy as the new FBI director.   aaahhh, wake up Billy.

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Personally, I'm very interested to find out exactly who did that. I wonder if we'll ever know?

Me too and Comey seemed to be adamantly NOT investigating it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, Merc14 said:

Me too and Comey seemed to be adamantly NOT investigating it.

Far be it from you to ever call for JAIL TIME for Dick Cheney for leaking Valerie Plame when her husband was interfering with him getting his bloodthirsty war of mass murder on in Iraq again.   Hundreds of thousands if not millions of human beings are now dead as a result of that neocon dirtbag getting his filthy war on and if FBI directors were more investigative he'd already be rotting in prison for many years now.   How many died from Comey not investigating Obama? 

On 5/11/2017 at 6:40 PM, Lilly said:

If there is no actual evidence of collusion with Russia to throw the election

"To throw the election"?   What if it has absolutely nothing to do with the election, Lilly?   It could be about business interests, real estate deals, exchanging money for services, doing political favors, who the hell knows, and it could still be collusion.   Collusion has nothing inherent to do with an election.  So why do you people keep gluing the election onto the end of the story?   So you can play partisan politics with it, why else?

For the sake of all that's reasonable...everyone is free to do business (even with Russia). However, to collude with another nation in order to illegally and criminally commit election fraud is very different. The far left would have us believe that simply talking with Russians is somehow illegal and criminal...it's not. The onus is on those making these allegations to show evidence of collusion with Russia to criminally influence the 2016 election, and so far they have not been able to produce such evidence.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Far be it from you to ever call for JAIL TIME for Dick Cheney for leaking Valerie Plame

Valerie Plame was outed by Dick Armitage, Scooter Libby did jail time for it and Cheney had nothing to do with Plame.  http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/08/leak.armitage/  Next time you want to be a smart ass dio your research so you don't look so stupid.

when her husband was interfering with him getting his bloodthirsty war of mass murder on in Iraq again.   Hundreds of thousands if not millions of human beings are now dead as a result of that neocon dirtbag getting his filthy war on and if FBI directors were more investigative he'd already be rotting in prison for many years now.   How many died from Comey not investigating Obama? 

What an incredibly poor comparison.  I am embarrassed for you dopey.  Wrong facts coupled with stupid comparisons and all covered in a thick syrup of hysteria.  DH is owning you and then you post this trash?   You are your own worst enemy.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

An investigation based on no evidence and no eye witnesses - That is the definition of a witch hunt

• Like 2

• The topic was locked