Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Tower Wiretapped?

Lilly

IMO the time has come for us (as a nation) to follow the Constitution and abide by the rule of law. No one is above the Constitution, not even the POTUS.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Lilly said:

IMO the time has come for us (as a nation) to follow the Constitution and abide by the rule of law. No one is above the Constitution, not even the POTUS.

I used to think that but after watching Obama's administration in action I no longer feel that way.   That federal agencies were able to actively persecute American citizens simply because they disagreed politically with the administration is truly chilling to me.  I was young when Watergate went down but I remember the outrage when Nixon's "enemies list" was outed and his threats to use the IRS to punish political opponents.   The press destroyed him for that and his other dirty tricks.

The last eight years, however, shown us that the press has picked sides and it is solidly democrat to the point that I am betting people posting on this thread are confused about what we are discussing and others are all for what the IRS did because it benefited democrats.  Both positions are scary, to say the least because one shows a level of ignorance that allows our government to get away with just about anything the want and the other shows that many no longer consider  freedom an essential part of being American.

Crimes were committed against Americans by their government and NO ONE was punished.  No one.  Lois Lerner retired, a hero of the left for her crimes against Americans, on full pension and John Koskinen continues as head of the IRS with that same GFY smirk on his face.  I hope Trump's administration doesn't just "put the past behind us" because that just emboldens these evil people to do more the next time they get a chance.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I used to think that but after watching Obama's administration in action I no longer feel that way.   That federal agencies were able to actively persecute American citizens simply because they disagreed politically with the administration is truly chilling to me....

But that type of thing is a violation of law, it's abuse of power in the worst sense. The Constitution does not support such activities. The founding fathers would literally roll over in their graves if they knew the Constitution of the United States was being used in such a manner.

Just to add, if the Trump campaign was illegally wiretapped (notice I said, "if") then this really would be a 'big deal' because, just like Watergate, it would be a crime.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

But that type of thing is a violation of law, it's abuse of power in the worst sense. The Constitution does not support such activities. The founding fathers would literally roll over in their graves if they knew the Constitution of the United States was being used in such a manner.

Absolutely it is against the law but neither Holder nor Lynch wished to prosecute and the president did his "I'll get to the bottom of this!" BS speech and did nothing, as usual.  Just as they refused to prosecute voter intimidation by the Panthers  https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203550604574361071968458430   and apply the hate crime standard to crimes against white people    http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/210175/eric-holder-hate-crimes-and-double-standards-colin-flaherty  Apparently, if you were a republican or a Caucasian during Obama's presidency you had a different legal standard applied to you.  

• Like 6

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

The F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, asked the Justice Department this weekend to publicly reject President Trump’s assertion that President Barack Obama ordered the tapping of Mr. Trump’s phones, senior American officials said on Sunday. Mr. Comey has argued that the highly charged claim is false and must be corrected, they said, but the department has not released any such statement.

Mr. Comey, who made the request on Saturday after Mr. Trump leveled his allegation on Twitter, has been working to get the Justice Department to knock down the claim because it falsely insinuates that the F.B.I. broke the law, the officials said.

A spokesman for the F.B.I. declined to comment. Sarah Isgur Flores, the spokeswoman for the Justice Department, also declined to comment.

Mr. Comey’s request is a remarkable rebuke of a sitting president, putting the nation’s top law enforcement official in the position of questioning Mr. Trump’s truthfulness. The confrontation between the two is the most serious consequence of Mr. Trump’s weekend Twitter outburst, and it underscores the dangers of what the president and his aides have unleashed by accusing the former president of a conspiracy to undermine Mr. Trump’s young administration.

Read more: The New York Times

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Claire. said:

This is Trump's fault for vetting his information from Breitbart. Imagine how he is going to take this? :w00t:

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

True enough. Trump makes an explosive tweet, throws around unverified allegations and the rest, including the democrat's, MSM and the public should just accept it as the new normal. Its good to be the president!

I never said or thought that. Why did you misrepresent my point? I said that we should wait for the facts. I never said that we should believe Trump.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I never said or thought that. Why did you misrepresent my point? I said that we should wait for the facts. I never said that we should believe Trump.

Captain Risky thought it, and Captain Risky is right.   Donald Trump is lying to our face.   The list of his lies is long and growing.   Yes PP, this matters.   It's an imminent threat to our security when we have a BS artist running the country like this. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Obama's administration was a tyrannical entity, just watch what they did to this woman, her family and her business.

True the Vote has been working to disenfranchise minority and Democratic voters under the guise of combating fraud for the past several years. The group was created in 2009 as an offshoot of the Texas Tea Party group King Street Patriots and was engaged in alleged voter suppression efforts in 2010 and 2012 that garnered widespread media attention. The group’s alleged intimidation of minority voters in Harris County, Texas, in 2010 proved to be such a nuisance that the Department of Justice sent in its own election monitors. That November, Abby Rapoport of the Texas Observerchronicled the group’s activitiesin Harris County’s majority black Acres Homes neighborhood:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/01/trump_can_t_wait_to_see_this_racist_group_s_vote_fraud_report.html

Whatever shenanigans True the Vote and their tea party cells had or has in plans for November will run up against a brick wall in the form of civil rights lawyers and government officials who are striking back against threats to corrupt voting rights. News reports from across the nation this week are showing a formidable resistance to True the Vote’s operations, which include recruiting “a million” poll watchers and poll workers, and making voters feel “like driving and seeing the police follow you.”

It’s clear at this point that they won’t come anywhere close to a million, but whoever they recruit will be met at the polls by a much larger squad, an election protection team consisting of thousands of lawyers and poll watchers trained to answer any questions voters may have if approached or challenged by tea partiers who try to kirk out at the polls.

https://www.thenation.com/article/true-army-responds-true-vote-threats/

In 2012, an organizer with the right-wing poll-watching group “True the Vote” told volunteer monitors that the voters they targeted should be made to feel “like driving and seeing the police following you.”

https://theintercept.com/2016/10/27/voter-suppression-is-the-real-election-scandal/

• Like 1

What a load. Unless it's Jill stein or HRC looking to ensure the integrity of our voting system it's called racist and suppressive. Boring. Yawn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Of course, but he probably knows more than we do.

Also, what if the Trump campaign actually didn't collude with the Russians?  What if this is all based on suspicion that hasn't lead to any direct evidence?  Now, what if the allegation of wiretapping is also based only on suspicion without any direct evidence?  See what I'm getting at...neither side in this mess may have anything but suspicion!

My guess is that you're right on both counts. It looks like both sides put gossip and innuendo before our country. It's like the USA is a dangerous neighborhood while our representatives are street gangs who fight for turf. Real gang-bangers might care more for their neighborhoods, though.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Captain Risky thought it, and Captain Risky is right.   Donald Trump is lying to our face.   The list of his lies is long and growing.   Yes PP, this matters.   It's an imminent threat to our security when we have a BS artist running the country like this. 

Were you this concerned with the BS artist who just left office? Yes, Yam, consistency matters.

• Like 1

Quick, someone alert avi sammy and sky, Trump is in with the Russian Navy!!!

17156184_1359720977418514_4085187368947072478_n.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 9

30 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Were you this concerned with the BS artist who just left office? Yes, Yam, consistency matters.

You'll have to show me where I ever excused Obama amidst your blizzard of rhetorical excuses for Trump.   You're the blackest of kettles PP.

It was impossible to make you rightlings focus on what was important like the damage being done to this country by Obama from our foreign policy, domestic policy, monetary policy, and health care disasters.    It always went back to fake news nonsense from the right about birth certificates or emails or executive orders or Obamacare.  

Now emails should be secret, executive orders are cool, and even Obamacare is okay.   Total right wing hypocrisy in our faces every day.

Trump discredited himself by leading the Birther movement and it's been more of the same ever since.  It's embarrassing.  I'm embarrassed for this country.  I'm especially embarrassed for people who don't see the problem with their orange God.

• Like 4

Just another bugbear for the room.  But what if Trump truly believes he is being spied on?  What if he is suffering from paranoia/delusions?   

• Like 5

Americans should demand transparency from any political party that's in power. Period.

And honestly if Trump and his crew had have nothing to hide then they would welcome any investigation to squash it and embarrass the ones pointing fingers.  

Its best to not pick political parties because it becomes an awful excuse to excuse corruption. Nobody likes looking bad and picking the wrong side. Easy solution , Do not pick a side! judge each action and proposition as a individual issue. It is ok not to like some things a president you voted for does.  

If you treat politics like team sports then everyone loses because it becomes all about winning.... And just like in team sports people end up cheating because they want to win so badly they are willing to bend the rules to gain any advantage they can. It is never in the best interest of the country to make the stakes so drastic.

We should do away with political parties and just vote on any laws or propositions that are brought up on individual bases and all strategic decisions are made by the people of the Country. Not these Buffoons we choose to represent us. They all have been corrupted one way or another. Give the power back to the people. I say we rewrite the constitution. F%$# our representatives

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Claire. said:

What the FBI director is saying is that Donald Trump is a liar. That's the bigger story, because it's unprecedented for a sitting U.S. President to be accused of lying to the public by the Justice Department.

If it's a felony to lie to the FBI, and a crime to lie to Congress, why is there not a penalty for blatantly lying to the American people? Why is this not an impeachable offense?

Reports from within the White House are that Trump was very angry when he left for Miralago this weekend, because his State of Union speech got overshadowed by leaks that his AG had lied under oath, and that spilled over onto his early morning tweets to his followers. In essence, what he was really saying is, "look at me, poor me, I'm the helpless victim of the Democratic machine...."

It's so pathetic that I can barely speak the name "Trump" and not get sick to my stomach.  He should be removed from office for blatantly lying to the American people, and every moment he remains is another nail in our coffin.

As I warned Republicans of Trump months ago ... "...... If you touch him politically, he is death."

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Just another bugbear for the room.  But what if Trump truly believes he is being spied on?  What if he is suffering from paranoia/delusions?   

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Michael Richard Pence the 46th President of the United States.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

--United States Constitution, 25th Ammendment,  Section 4

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Yamato said:

You'll have to show me where I ever excused Obama ---

Whoa.

With the number of posts you have here, you are saying that you never went out on a limb to cover for Obama?

That is a very daring thing to say. I won't touch that, but couldn't somebody here go into the archives and just hammer you? 

2 hours ago, Claire. said:

I have no idea why Comey is still in power?  his actions during the campaign have compromised him beyond reason. 

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Whoa.

With the number of posts you have here, you are saying that you never went out on a limb to cover for Obama?

That is a very daring thing to say. I won't touch that, but couldn't somebody here go into the archives and just hammer you? 

Why bother, he changes his mind and the subject by the minute, never admits a mistake and is too childish to admit he was wrong. 

Edited by Merc14

22 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Michael Richard Pence the 46th President of the United States.

Shrub #2, you mean?

I really don't think you understand how the People would react to that.  Didn't you just post that your side doesn't want another Civil War?

• Like 1

Just now, Merc14 said:

I have no idea why Comey is still in power?  his actions during the campaign have compromised him beyond reason. 

I don't personally find him to be all that believable either.

I'm not sure what's going on with all this. If team Trump has been colluding with the Russians then the evidence needs to be presented. Same thing goes for the wiretapping, it needs to be looked into and anything found needs to be presented.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don't personally find him to be all that believable either.

I'm not sure what's going on with all this. If team Trump has been colluding with the Russians then the evidence needs to be presented. Same thing goes for the wiretapping, it needs to be looked into and anything found needs to be presented.

Yep, very confusing and while the denizens of DC rip each other to shreds over silliness (the Russians didn't change the election results, Hillary did) the country limps on, not solving its problems or fixing itself. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Shrub #2, you mean?

I really don't think you understand how the People would react to that.  Didn't you just post that your side doesn't want another Civil War?

Civil war? Why? The 25th Ammendment , Section 4 is a constitutional process.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked