Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Lilly

Trump Tower Wiretapped?

2,038 posts in this topic

Pop It and Shove It
3 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

He wasn't "uninvited" at all. Parliament rejected the petition against him.

He decided himself to postpone the visit until October.

You confused two separate things. The petition was about a state visit, which is meeting with the Queen and essentially having the red carpet rolled out.

He is not welcome to speak in the House of Commons, which the government has no control over.

And sure, he decided himself to postpone the visit...hoping things will settle down. The government can't guarantee his safety in London and were/are considering having his state visit in a more remote part of the country. You thought protests were big when he won? Watch this space when he comes over here :lol:

Edited by Pop It and Shove It
  • Like 2

Pop It and Shove It
3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I hope he brings you guys an iPod of all of his rally speeches.

Europe had a Nazi once, we don't want another

• Like 3

LV-426
2 minutes ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

He is not welcome to speak in the House of Commons, which the government has no control over.

Bercow suggested he shouldn't be allowed to address parliament. Seeing as he's supposed to be politically neutral as the speaker though, let's see if he has the final say...

Anyway, all this has been done to death in other recent threads.

Seeing as you just returned, you might want to catch up with them before setting the forums ablaze again :P

Ohh, and welcome back ;)

F3SS
6 minutes ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

Boring. Yawn.

• Like 5

MWoo7
1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Seeing how the population grows every day that's not too suprising 

Thought it was 8 billion in a blink of the 2020 eye that I thought I heard the other day because its 7.5 bil. now... or something like that.

http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/

Edited by MWoo7

Frank Merton

In fact, the growth rate of the world's population has dropped dramatically, and is decreasing in places like China, Japan, Korea, Russia and much of Western Europe.  It would be declining in the US too if it weren't for immigrants.

The modern projections are that mid-century all population growth will stop.  This assumes Africa will follow the trajectory we have seen in the rest of the world, where once infant mortality gets below a certain point and women get the ability to control pregnancies, populations stop growing and even decline, in spite of people living longer.

It's kinda like inflation versus deflation.  Inflation (growing population) creates problems (although with less national selfishness the world could be fed quite well), a declining world population will create much worse problems (as does deflation).

• Like 3

Frank Merton
35 minutes ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

30 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Bercow suggested he shouldn't be allowed to address parliament. Seeing as he's supposed to be politically neutral as the speaker though, let's see if he has the final say...

Anyway, all this has been done to death in other recent threads.

Seeing as you just returned, you might want to catch up with them before setting the forums ablaze again :P

Ohh, and welcome back ;)

Now why should he have to do that?  If he wants to rehash it all, I'm sure there are plenty who will be delighted.  What is "done to death" to one person may not be to another.

• Like 2

Tatetopa

I am still waiting for the voter fraud claim to be investigated.  Rigging US elections is a big deal to me, no one in Congress or the administration seems to care about it enough to follow through.  Now we have wire tap allegations, the investigation load is piling up.

I was not pleased with everything Obama did, but I don't follow closely enough to suspect him of illegal activities.  A couple of references would help or feel free to tell me to do my own homework. Politics has been a dull subject for me compared to my professional interests in math and engineering, but I feel survival might dictate being better informed. 

Good luck to all of those with faith that Trump will turn things around,  but I seriously doubt it.  Consider now the full power of the United States government; both the visible and the hidden in President Trump's hands.  Will he disband all of those clandestine operations or use them?  Here is a guy that gets po'ed and tweets his rage.  I do not believe anyone who courts power and prestige and has such a sensitive ego will refuse to use the machinery at his fingertips.

• Like 1

Tatetopa

As a corollary, I shudder to think what Hillary Clinton might have done with those same abilities. 

• Like 1

AnchorSteam
2 hours ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

"You guys"? I'm not even American, I'm an observer...

An abnormally loud and opinionated one.

Funny  how you criticize Putin for this mythical hacking of our election, and yet you do all you can to hack our opinions.

How would you like it if we were doing that too? In fact, there are some pretty crucial ones coming up, and what is about to happen in France might just make for 'Interesting times', as the Chinese used to say. 

If Penn wins, will you blame that on Putin too?

If Penn looses, who will you blame then?

AnchorSteam
2 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Maybe the Democrats should hire you as a strategist or a consultant as you really seem to understand their platform.

They should hire someone that has more respect for substance than the manipulation of style.

2 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

This isn't the Democrats but a free and independent press. The Democrats will act on that as par the course. So will establishment Republicans. As well as the part of the American public which wishes to hold Trump & Co. to a standard expected by a presidential administration. 

Enough about the damn Press! 

How about something real for a change?

Every single time anyone asks about an improvement in the Democrat party, they all start talking about image. REALITY DOES EXIST.  It isn't some artificial construct or something that is so easily manipulated with smoke and mirrors. 

And in order to enforce honest standards, you first must practice some of them.

Look, it does not matter who is in charge, sooner or later they will  get out of hand and need to be switched out. You want to know the real horror of Trump? It isn't him. It is the legacy of an opposition party that can't be trusted or even listened to after this non-stop tantrum that has already been going on for months and apparently won't end for years... even with people like Piers Morgan and Van Jones starting to question this endless flood of bile.

Step back and..... or meh, whatever. Its your call.

The last time a major US Party collapsed was in the 1850s, when the Whigs were revealed as standing for nothing but pure Politics.

I have always wanted to see 3 or more parties in the US, I guess it's finally going to happen. 

• Like 1

alibongo
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 2:04 AM, Captain Risky said:

Trump has no one to blame but himself if he is removed. Clearly he is unfit to govern. 

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought the content would be all about how Trump had finally crossed the line into looney tunes territory.

But no, there are some who still think he has something rational to say. Amazing.

• Like 4

Captain Risky
1 hour ago, alibongo said:

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought the content would be all about how Trump had finally crossed the line into looney tunes territory.

But no, there are some who still think he has something rational to say. Amazing.

Trump is even worse than ex president Tug Benson.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

RavenHawk
11 hours ago, Claire. said:

Absolutely, but for some reason, the Republicans are resisting an independent investigation. 

Of course.  They all know that the accusations against Trump carry no weight yet half don't think the President should be jerked around by the Progs and the other half wants it to be cleared up as soon as possible to embarrass the Progs as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

RavenHawk
7 hours ago, Claire. said:

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

Mes thinks that Comey is hiding/protecting something or someone.  Trump should keep the pressure up.  Someone will eventually crack as their conscience struggles to do the right thing.

Frank Merton
14 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Mes thinks that Comey is hiding/protecting something or someone.  Trump should keep the pressure up.  Someone will eventually crack as their conscience struggles to do the right thing.

Convince me Trump has a conscience.

• Like 1

Frank Merton
1 hour ago, alibongo said:

Trump has about the same level of rigid support, from the same types of people, as Nixon had at the height of Watergate.  Nixon's downfall was that back then Democrats controlled Congress, and made sure the truth came out; Republicans will do no such thing (they have to deal with the extremists in their closed primaries).

• Like 1

Farmer77
12 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Absolutely it is against the law but neither Holder nor Lynch wished to prosecute and the president did his "I'll get to the bottom of this!" BS speech and did nothing, as usual.  Just as they refused to prosecute voter intimidation by the Panthers  https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203550604574361071968458430   and apply the hate crime standard to crimes against white people    http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/210175/eric-holder-hate-crimes-and-double-standards-colin-flaherty  Apparently, if you were a republican or a Caucasian during Obama's presidency you had a different legal standard applied to you.  

So the key is going to be for republicans to learn from the left. I mean its pretty clear at this point that barring a miracle there will be a democrat in office in 2020. Once that happens the republicans need to follow the left's playbook to the letter. No more playing dead and getting walked all over as the minority party (which Trump is pretty well ensuring thats what the repubs will be in 2018 and beyond).  

Community activism, marches , congressional grandstanding, subcomittee investigations the whole nine yards at EVERY misstep the dems make. 

• Like 1

Clarakore
7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

More countries  are coming  around to what Trumps thinks, into their own nations

Thanks to Putin meddling in elections. The writing is on the wall.

Even our high-ranking general thinks so.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Raptor Witness

It's no coincidence that North Korea is begging Trump for a war, while they hear he's very angry.

The obvious solution to all this bad press at home is to attack North Korea.

• Like 2

Farmer77
6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

As a corollary, I shudder to think what Hillary Clinton might have done with those same abilities. 

Yeah but its time to forget about her. While we clearly dodged a bullet it appears we stepped in front of a dump truck while doing so. 

• Like 2

Clarakore
7 hours ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

You confused two separate things. The petition was about a state visit, which is meeting with the Queen and essentially having the red carpet rolled out.

And sure, he decided himself to postpone the visit...hoping things will settle down. The government can't guarantee his safety in London and were/are considering having his state visit in a more remote part of the country. You thought protests were big when he won? Watch this space when he comes over here :lol:

Cheers mate. Glad that one of our closest allies is deciding to take a stand

This aspect is rarely discussed here.

Farmer77
13 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

It's no coincidence that North Korea is begging Trump for a war, while they hear he's very angry.

The obvious solution to all this bad press at home is to attack North Korea.

Yeah im becoming pretty nervous at this point that a "wag the dog" type situation is going to pop up. Nothing would rally the conservative base and change the story line like bombing the hell outta someone. 

• Like 1

Raptor Witness

Go ahead Mr. Heat Miser, you have a way out, long before they could impeach you ...

Fulfill your deadly destiny.

Frank Merton
5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah im becoming pretty nervous at this point that a "wag the dog" type situation is going to pop up. Nothing would rally the conservative base and change the story line like bombing the hell outta someone. 

That occurred to me too.  Trump could rally the country, at least for awhile, by taking on North Korea, and with precision bombing, not killing too many innocents, by taking out N. Korea's missile and atomic facilities.  No invasion, mind you -- that would probably bring on war with China -- just strategic strikes.  I'm not sure if the States has the capability in that part of the world to do that, though.

I would certainly hope Trump would have at least a tacit nod from the Chinese and the support of the South Koreans and Japan, and I would not see that happening.  Acting unilaterally would have no end of unpredictable consequences.

• Like 2