Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Tower Wiretapped?

Lilly

10 minutes ago, and then said:

Could it be that the media have been using some of that "hoovered up" material on US citizens that isn't supposed to be kept, let alone disseminated publicly?  INVESTIGATE!

Investigate to what end? Trump is just gonna say that the MSM and the 'deep state are against him and they compromised any investigation that results from it... in short, Trump will only respect a result that is favourable to the Trump brand. Just like when he refused to accept the election result if he didn't win. As long as there are anti-democrat's like you willing to blindly support Trump then any investigation is doomed to fail. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Investigate to what end? Trump is just gonna say that the MSM and the 'deep state are against him and they compromised any investigation that results from it... in short, Trump will only respect a result that is favourable to the Trump brand. Just like when he refused to accept the election result if he didn't win. As long as there are anti-democrat's like you willing to blindly support Trump then any investigation is doomed to fail. 

Not to the truth, but we will turn a blind eye to unsupported allegations. As yet no John Dean has come forward to spill the beans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sheer speculation and no evidence. Obama's people were caught lying or withholding information from Congress several times, over the last eight years. None served a single day of  jail. Congress isn't a court-of-law, so perjury is a relative term.

No one even got fired. They were targeting conservative groups with the insidious hands of the irs, were caught red handed, and nothing. 

Head of the NSA caught in a major lie regarding mass surveillance, and they wanted the head of the whistle blower, instead of the guy responsible for violating the 4th, making every person in this country a victim. We are STILL having to listen to that clown to this day. I wanted to puke listening him lecture us about Wikileaks's credibility. 

Then of course there was Mr Holder denying how he oversaw the sale of weapons to terrorist drug Cartels, that killed thousands of Mexicans, and a American boarder agent. 

People who are suddenly throwing their hats into the political arena have a lot to learn about recent history before they criticize this administration. To think Obamas administration was never caught in a lie, to me, pretty much disqualifies them from having credibility. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bee said:

logic my dear fellow - logic - :P

The Media is all out to bring Trump down with fake news and twisting the truth -

The merry band of Billionaires own the media* -- so they are like the front line in the '''war''' -

Not so much Soldiers of Truth - but Ragamuffins of Lies - with more money than sense.. :) 

edit to add --- * the majority of the Main Stream Media 

Maddest post I've seen in this thread so far.

Edited by alibongo

15 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Maddest post I've seen in this thread so far.

How so? To everyone besides people who hate him as much as the establishment does, it couldn't get anymore obvious. It's why main stream media is dropping like a rock in ratings. It's why trust in the media is at a all time low. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

How so? To everyone besides people who hate him as much as the establishment does, it couldn't get anymore obvious. It's why main stream media is dropping like a rock in ratings. It's why trust in the media is at a all time low. 

It boggles the mind that anyone could believe that a billionaire, who filled his cabinet with ex Goldman Sachs multi millionaires and almost immediately started the process of de regulating the banks so that his other millionaire friends could continue raking in more cash (his admission) , is actually anti establishment. It defies all sense and logic.

Madness.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Why are you linking the two? Open another thread on the "childish behaviour of the democrat's and we can argue that point there... Here the issue is that Trump has made serious allegations that he can't/won't back up. That's the type of behaviour that you would expect from the leaders of North Korea and ISIS NOT the president of the most democratic nation. Fair play mean anything to you?

If I'm not mistaken, your over in another Country, correct. If that is the case, you do not see what all of what goes on in the media over here. You might see some but not all the craziness going on over here.

I thought I remember you being in Australia or something, could be wrong, so I won't go on about our media here in case you are from here, then you would know.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

Yes - well I was already aware of the future probe into your Tweeter- in- Chiefs accusations against the former president.

WHITE HOUSE BACKPEDALS.

Jason Johnson, a professor of political science in Baltimore, told Al Jazeera that any investigation was likely to be short.

"It's not clear what the congressional committee will do and how they will do it, but it can't last very long because the accusation is false," Johnson said, adding a president is unable to order a wiretap.

"The president can't demand that anyone gets wiretapped and the only way that there could be a wiretap of Trump Tower is if judges and lawyers and investigators and the justice department felt that Trump was engaging in some illegal behaviour."

On Sunday, the White House appeared to somewhat backpedal on the accusations, only going as far as saying there should be a probe into the possibility of wiretapping.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/03/fbi-disputes-trump-wiretapping-accusations-reports-170306054400853.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

I've experienced over half a century of American political shenanigans and melodrama. It's part of our history. It's always the "out" party who succumbs to the lure of such self-inflicted hysteria. "Sound and fury, signifying nothing."

You sound like a rino if not what are you besides hateful towards our President & first family ?

15 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yes - well I was already aware of the future probe into your Tweeter- in- Chiefs accusations against the former president.

WHITE HOUSE BACKPEDALS.

No, you're not as aware of what's going on with our concerns for our nation as you like to think you always are.

I hope everything come out that the last 8 years of Obama and the years of W.

I hope that We learn everything of the truth as much as we can without harming our nations security.

6 hours ago, Yamato said:

That's not what I was talking about.    I'm referring to the topic of this thread. 

This thread is not about Trump's wrongdoing with Russia, it's about President Obama wiretapping Trump Tower!    Evidence please!

Actually, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

One could speculate that due to the allegations of a Trump campaign / Russian collusion, an inquiry would have been conducted prior to the election. If this is the case, and there were "wiretaps" of Trump Tower, then the orange one wouldn't be wrong in saying "Obama wiretapped" him.

Of course, this is just a speculation.

(as Truman once said, "the buck stops here" - BO was the sitting president, whether or not he verbally ordered it, he is still responsible)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MstrMsn said:

Actually, the two don't have to be mutually exclusive. 

One could speculate that due to the allegations of a Trump campaign / Russian collusion, an inquiry would have been conducted prior to the election. If this is the case, and there were "wiretaps" of Trump Tower, then the orange one wouldn't be wrong in saying "Obama wiretapped" him.

Of course, this is just a speculation.

(as Truman once said, "the buck stops here" - BO was the sitting president, whether or not he verbally ordered it, he is still responsible)

what was it that Obama signed 8 days before leaving office , do you know? was that when the spying ended?

Edited by Ellapennella

11 hours ago, Yamato said:

I'd subpoena everything relevant to the investigation and I'd do it yesterday.   There's no way a sitting President can make sweeping accusations like this on Twitter and not be bent over backwards for it.

Agree....

11 hours ago, Yamato said:

How many more times can Trump shoot himself in the proverbial foot and not cross the threshold?   Twitter appears poised to destroy this President based on how foolishly and recklessly he uses it.   

Yes - it has gotten to the point of being sublimely ridiculous when it comes to his tirade of Tweets. Honestly I don't think he's quite right in the head as far as being rational goes. Surely being the POTUS he has more than enough important issues to deal with...rather than shoot out daily ludicrous Tweets. It's mind boggling to say the least.    

6 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Empty accusations, no matter who makes them, are not grounds for investigation.  Unless some evidence is produced an investigation of Obama in this issue is nothing but a witch hunt and waste of money.

Well apparently these accusations are going to be investigated. Whether Trump will be held accountable if these accusations are proven to be false - well...that in itself will be another story.

Even if Obama decides to sue Trump for slander/defamation...well, according to this article....and under these unusual circumstances... it could be rather difficult.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/jurisprudence/2017/03/obama_could_sue_trump_for_libel.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

No, you're not as aware of what's going on with our concerns for our nation as you like to think you always are.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MstrMsn said:

This is exactly what I've been wondering about. Also, the notion that national security agencies had the capability to engage in methods of surveillance that would not have required a FISA warrant is also something I wonder about.

Here's what I'm talking about: https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/eo12333.html

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

what was it that Obama signed 8 days before leaving office , do you know? was that when the spying ended?

What does that have to do with something that happened during the campaign?

19 minutes ago, MstrMsn said:

What does that have to do with something that happened during the campaign?

Quite a bit. It allows all the alphabet agencies in the security and intell agencies to share and spread around intell reports with each other. Making leaks much easier to occur and much harder to find the leaker.

That was a very curious move on Obama's part. And if it is what it appears to be, it's very telling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ellapennella said:

Odd how all the needy nations that take from us have too much to say about us in these times.

It's surprising how many people don't understand the nature of foreign aid. Nations don't 'take' from you. You bribe countries to do what you want them to do. Why do you think a giant group of generals tried to petition Trump against this? That they're all just so kindly-hearted must be the answer.

It's nothing even close to charity, and with Trump's foreign aid cuts he will soon learn the very hard lesson of this.

• Like 2

Double post.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's nothing even close to charity, and with Trump's foreign aid cuts he will soon learn the very hard lesson of this.

I agree, and I suspect Trump understands this quite well.  I'm thinking Trump wants to renegotiate this 'foreign aid' (aka, bribes) to get more of what he desires in exchange.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I agree, and I suspect Trump understands this quite well.  I'm thinking Trump wants to renegotiate this 'foreign aid' (aka, bribes) to get more of what he desires in exchange.

This would make sense, but nothing he has said shows that he is aware of this and with the decrease in budget there is nothing left with which to bribe. The worrying part (from the US' perspective) is that it leaves these countries open to aid from elsewhere, namely Russia and China. This also seems to support the theory that he simply doesn't understand foreign aid because he is taking a massive risk.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked