Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

16 years of Unexplained Mysteries

Saru

13 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Whoa.. guests can post???

No, there was an issue with the guest posting permissions which has since been fixed.

To 'Guest Teabag' - please feel free to create an account. :)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I guess I have to bow out of this forum, can`nt seem to get back to the page I had

Docy, I'm not sure I understand your problem but this isn't the place to post it. I would take it to the Help and Support forum:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/55-help-and-support-desk/

25 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Docy, I'm not sure I understand your problem but this isn't the place to post it. I would take it to the Help and Support forum:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/forum/55-help-and-support-desk/

kmt all I know is I had a page with my name at the top and all the topics, now its back to a top that is different not my name at the top  and so difficult to get into.  I did sigh in for help ,all the other sites on help are closed. maybe they just want to get rid of me and all my crazy opinions :)

Edited by docyabut2

4 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

kmt all I know is I had a page with my name at the top and all the topics, now its back to a top that is different not my name at the top  and so difficult to get into.  I did sigh in for help ,all the other sites on help are closed.

I sent you a PM to try and help you with this earlier but I don't think you saw it.

I would like to help but I can't get my head around the problem you are describing.

Have you tried clearing out your browser's cache ? Do you get this issue if you try the site on another browser ?

I got back in today! Happy 16th UM!! 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, susieice said:

I got back in today! Happy 16th UM!! 

Good to see you. ;)

• Like 1

Would be nice in the HEADER, very small grey or hard to see and SMALL FONT, 67 Yappers! 5 Anony's 629 teabags

RECAP: at the top, hardly detectable(for newbies) almost see through/transparent/10%opaque SMALL FONT.  So at a glance, at forum, reading frontpage etc. one can see oh LOTS OF PEOPLE now , or NOT HAHAHA!

.508ef0762cb6d45fc210c5db3dd79c54.jpg  Just two bits fyi all that you know. byebyezznowzzzzzzzzz

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

16 years huh? Well, that's impressive! Hope it reaches 100!

• Like 2

I'm glad to see this thread back. Although every time I see "16 years," I think everyone is discussing the age of my socks.

• Like 7

The age of your socks mr. kmt_sesh stays well hidden. It shall never be revealed to outsiders!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm glad to see this thread back. Although every time I see "16 years," I think everyone is discussing the age of my socks.

Not everyone. Just a handful of prominent archaeologists.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

congratulations for the anniversary, keep it up with the page

• Like 4

2 hours ago, anubis9 said:

congratulations for the anniversary, keep it up with the page

Now that is a cool avatar. Anubis is my favorite of the Egyptian deities.

How come you don't post in the Ancient Mysteries forum? Am I that blind to have missed your posts? Looks like you've been at UM awhile. 

• Like 3

How did I miss this thread?... (well... I AM an old coot - so...)

Happy Birthday UM!

But "only" 16?... I have documented pre-historical records (that I fabricated last night) that indicate that UM was founded in 49,347 BC by a bunch of neanderthals who were searching for the Mythical Land of Polka Paradise...

th.jpg

• Like 6

After 16 years of good behaviour, I should at least be allowed out at weekends!

• Like 5

Cake.....are you serious!!!!!........well done to the man......for keeping it all together......mods have come and gone........it's all to the man.......unless your a girl.....get your parents to get you a dress,party and cake.......cheers.....

• Like 3

Congrats Saru & Team.

I just saw this. Im with Aquatus, this site has been in my life a LOOONGGGG time. 14 years next month. (CRAZY when you think about it)

Edited by LucidElement
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

16 years. Almost every board i have known, even majority of specialized ones for work stuff, they all got offline, especially after whole social networks rubbish which has taken almost everyone from the boards.

Congrats ;)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

16 years. Almost every board i have known, even majority of specialized ones for work stuff, they all got offline, especially after whole social networks rubbish which has taken almost everyone from the boards.

Congrats ;)

Yes it is an outstanding achievement.  Of course there will always be unexplained mysteries but I think it's staying power has a lot to do with being attached to the homepage (with continuous new discoveries that can be explored and commented on in the forum).  Also there is a diverse array of sections and topics....not to mention an enjoyable status update section.  icon_thumleft.gif

Edited by sees
  • Like 5

Agree. The homepage is very well done. 

• Like 2

Congratulations!

I don't post much, but I have been reading and enjoying this site for a very long time.

:)

• Like 3

Congratulations on a very successful site.

I joined July of 2006.

Be posting more often.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked