Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

4,000-year-old structure found in Galilee

UM-Bot

Very incredible find indeed.  Let the race begin to identify the drawings! Hopefully a team from various beliefs will examine the dolman.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Very incredible find indeed.  Let the race begin to identify the drawings! Hopefully a team from various beliefs will examine the dolman.

Why? 

They theoretically predate Abrahamic monoteism and I don't see bias in the researcher. 

Or do you mean we should have a Hindu and a Shinto archeologists look into it? 

Nice find!

Was hoping for some pics of the artwork... I didn't see any in the original article.

• Like 2

• Like 3

Strange thing . I used to play inside a similar rock formation when I was a little kid . It's still on our old farm in Southern Wisconsin U.S. As for the so called writings . To me it looks like a crude map . A long river with 14 tree's . As good a guess as any . 

Edited by ROGER

Thanks, interesting...  I guess the size makes this one special. I suppose the engravings could have been done longggg after it's erection.   .... ?

it's also interesting how  VERY  widespread, and long lived, Dolmen construction was across Europe..Scandinavia, the Middle East, and into Southeast Asia......and many other places I can't remember.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lightly said:

Thanks, interesting...  I guess the size makes this one special. I suppose the engravings could have been done longggg after it's erection.   .... ?

it's also interesting how  VERY  widespread, and long lived, Dolmen construction was across Europe..Scandinavia, the Middle East, and into Southeast Asia......and many other places I can't remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalith

• Like 2

I wonder if dolmens like this one were made in the same way all across Europe and Russia, or with a variety of techniques.

20 hours ago, Parsec said:

Why? 

They theoretically predate Abrahamic monoteism and I don't see bias in the researcher. 

Or do you mean we should have a Hindu and a Shinto archeologists look into it? 

What I meant was we don't need one religion's translation of the drawings being the only presented one.  This is the same reason I wish a fresh translation of the Dead Sea Scrolls could happen.  Too many edits of edits.

A great find! Looking at the full article, the 3d model of the etchings / carvings do look fascinating, they are open to interpretation of course but it could indeed be as the article suggests, representations of the souls of the dead ascending to some heavenly plain, or you could interpret it other ways I guess. These are only what I have seen in it and by no means an educated analysis but it could indicate bows and arrows? Or even a shoal of fish? I don't know perhaps a little Pareidolia creeping in there lol. Fascinating nonetheless!