Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycan Clans.. Are They Real ?

Sanidia Vortez

this question has always been running through my mind and to me they are real, no matter what other people say who started the lycan stories off ? i drunken man ? a fool maybe ? or is it just someone who saw one.. but they left out all the details shame coz i would of loved to have read their story.

well my answer is yes clans are real, lycans are real but just think that is only my opinion you still have your opinion so tell me it.. i have to say i would appreciate your replies greatly.

now on the subject of clans a group of people howling at the moon, well as they say lycans were great desendants of humans but i dunno about that.

i live in the north east of england i am part of a clan myself, but we don't go runnign around naked howling trying to scary people no we study their movements and so on and so forth..

well hope you reply

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ~Onyx~

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Agent. Mulder

• GypsyWolf

You mean like a pack of werewolves? huh.gif I suppose a group of people who believe they are werewolves or act like them is possible.

I mean, if htere are multiple people wth the problem they will have a way of finding others with the same disease. Even though I don't believe inw erwolves, if they were real they might. Like modern day "vampires". a lot of tem hang out together so I guess if werewolves were real they could do the same thing.

I can't say that I believe in were-creatures of any sort, particularly when you have so many different cultures around the world with their own versions of it. It is far simpler to explain it as an aspect of human psychology, which can be universally applied, rather than to consider several dozen evolutionary lines converging coicidentaly to create human that can take on the characteristics of animals. After all, such a thing is simply not observed in any other creature in the natural world. A claim that we possess something nothing else does is more indicative of human arrogance than natural reality.

Those people who try to act like vampires are stupid/creepy.. But who am I to judge someone happy.gif

Anyways, I would say no, of coarse its entirely psossible for a bunch of people to go running around after dark, being creepy, for there own personla fufilment.

Anyways werewolves don't exist in any way or form.

~DS~ "One silver bullet at a time."

Yeah, I think shaping-shifting is universal because of wishful thinking, not any basis in reality. If there are "lycan clans", it's of people who just respect aspects of wolves (or are crazy), not that they can become one.

What if werewolves are just a newly evolved species of wolf, but taking on more human characteristics the more it evolves, just like they say apes or whatever did, there are a few flaws about that idea though... just a thought

Devilwolf--I suppose that would make lycans the "holy-grail" of evolution, wouldn't it? To actually have a mammal in a type of transition phase? Not man. Not wolf. Perhaps, not even evolving into man, rather, into something...else?

This is conjecture on my part; I'm not an evolutionist, not an expert on the subject, but generally speaking: aren't all species described as something? You know: human, dog, bird, fish....etc. I guess I mean: wouldn't this be a much sought after missing link?

As far as I know--which, admittedly, is not much--mankind has never found a species of mammal in the process of evolving--this could be wrong on my part, though.

I apologize if this is a redundant post--it is hard for me to accurately convert into writing the swarm of questions this idea of "lycans" has bouncing around in my head.

Edited by dcman32

This is conjecture on my part; I'm not an evolutionist, not an expert on the subject, but generally speaking: aren't all species described as something? You know: human, dog, bird, fish....etc. I guess I mean: wouldn't this be a much sought after missing link?

As far as I know--which, admittedly, is not much--mankind has never found a species of mammal in the process of evolving--this could be wrong on my part, though.

Actually, you were very clear on what you were thinking, what you believe, and the possibility that you could be mistaken, which I find a welcome respite from those who are firmly convinced that their half-baked notions are equivalent in credibility to the most imperically supported theories in the scientic community.

You are almost correct. All species are indeed classified as something, but this is mainly due to the need for biologist to draw lines between one thing and another, not due to any sort of evolutionary state of being or biological necessity. Knowing this, you can now see that the concept of a "missing link" doesn't actually have anything to do with a specific species, but rather is referring to a generational gap between any two given species.

Now, concerning transitional species...technically, every single creature in existance is a transitional species. Everything is evolving into something else. Trying to find a specific point at which something is one species or another is a bit tricky, because species do not simply turn into others on any given day, but rather gradually evolved over generations. Let me make it a bit simpler. Consider evolution as three seperate stages. In the first, you have a single species. In the second, you have the species undergoing evolution. These would be referred to as "Incipient Species"; a species that is almost, but not quite, a new species. The third stage would be a brand new species.

Now, a species is most accurately defined as a set of animals which can reliably produce fertile offspring. There are certain species, the incipient species, that can produce offspring, but not reliably, and not necessarily fertile. The one that you are probably the most familiar with is the Horse. This is a creature that is currently in the process of evolving a new species known as the donkey. This does not mean the horse will disappear; it is too well protected. The donkey, descended from the horse, is gradually moving farther and farther away, and within several generations, will have mutated to the point where it can no longer reproduce at all, let alone reliably, with its ancestor, the horse. Currently, breeding the two still produces the mule, so they can reproduce, but since most mules (not all) are infertile, they cannot reproduce reliably. It is this half-way point that makes them incipient, rather than two distinct species. They are still labeled, however, as two species, simply because for all intents and purposes, that is what they can be considered.

I'm not sure if I explained that well. I would be happy to elaborate, if you wish.

Well, I'll be darned! I guess I should have paid a little more attention to my spittle-lipped, rank breath, biology teacher! Oh, he of the monotone voice! Gasp--that I allowed to be lulled to sleep--even knowing that his incessant babbling must produce some enlightenment; why else suffer through the means? Okay, I admit: I'm being a little histrionic here!

Your explanation makes perfect sense.

Over the years, I have not sufficiently equipped myself with a thorough understanding of evolution--I never imagined I would need it! Realizing that species can be classified, based on their evolutionary phase helps a lot. I suppose, lazily, I fell into the ignorant misconception that we--homo sapiens--were the best this world had to offer; a dreadful thought, and, since I assumed we were "all we can be", I figured other large animals--unfortunately for me, horses, donkeys, and mules alike--had all reached their evolutionary apex.

Nietzsche said, "God is dead"--which I am not apt to believe; and I, with no real comprehension of the continual existence of evolution--at least not that I could behold with my own two eyes; not in a macro sense-- had arbitrarily cast evolution aside, believing it too "dead", and of no further use.

Thanks. Though, I am of a somewhat religious disposition--and rarely delve into evolutionary discourse-- I feel that a clearer, more concise understanding of the evolutionary process is necessary for me to first: contemplate, then: make more educated estimations of the natural world.

Appreciatively,

decuman32

Edited by dcman32

The origins of werewolves and lycan clans come from a rare genetic disease that causes hair to grow on parts of the human body it doesn't normaly grow on, esecially all over the face. this trait, although rare is dommininant and so usually when one of the parents has it all of the children have it and so we get large groupsof execeptuly hairy people.

I am Cor_raven , I have spoken.

I mean typed,

i'm confused AAAAAAAAH brain Anurism blink.gif

The conditions of excessive hair growth are probably too rare to have created the myth of werewolves themselves, more likely they simply helped to inspire it.

Thanks.  Though, I am of a somewhat religious disposition--and rarely delve into evolutionary discourse-- I feel that a clearer, more concise understanding of the evolutionary process is necessary for me to first:  contemplate, then:  make more educated estimations of the natural world.

Appreciatively,

decuman32

433531[/snapback]

Believe me, it is a sheer pleasure to meet someone who is unafraid to test their faith and able to see that a mere disagreement is no reason to accuse science of attempting to deny any given religion. Personally, back when I still believed in Gods, I still also advocated evolution, if for no other reason than to appreciate the incredible world that had been created for us.

I am fairly well versed in general science and would be happy to help you in any way that I can, should you require assistance.

You meen real Lycans? There are very few, and the peeps that realy think they are werewolves or lycans are... the best word for it is hypnotized. A pure lycan can get mortals to beleive they are something they arent. Lycans can put memories in their heads, even if the memory never happened. Its the same with vampires, such insanity of the lycans is sweet, lol. You wont be able to find the real lycanthrope, you would need to dig into the minds of the victims. The reason lycans do this is because they are left alone and make a false pack from the mortals around them, or they want to frame the mortals for their own kills.

Sorry, i must have confused you guys.

ps: dont ask how i know all of this that is very annoying...

rofl.gif just say i am insane grin2.gif

So is this supposed to be done through magic?

433990[/snapback]

Are you asking me? blink.gif

Well if you are it is partialy magic or the working of the brain..? It is even science at some points... you dont give specific questions do you???

Edited by Sariegn

Oh, I'm sorry. Sometimes if I'm replying directly below the post I'm replying to I don't quote it. Yes, I was asking you.

Oh ok,

When you say magic i think of people in black capes with a wand and something up their sleeve...

Lycans are granted powers of the gods, not good powers but its usefull for them to not make a riot while walking down the street... Its all power and mind molding, not very much of magic...

I see. Your take on it reminds me of some of the beliefs held on werewolves in the past in Europe. I wish I could remember exactly what place and time period... rolleyes.gif Anyway, one theory I remember hearing of from some point in Europe was that, when the person who wanted to become a werewolf made a pact with the devil, the devil tricked everyone who he attacked into thinking he was a wolf or some kind of monster, rather than giving him an actual transformation. This theory on werewolves, from what I remember, wasn't extremely common, and probably arose from the idea that was held that the devil could not mimic the creative powers of God. At least, that's how I see it.

Wow so i share beleifs with dead people... at least thats someone...? mellow.gif

Back then werewolves were only placed with the devil because mortals did not understand them. They still dont understand and probly never will. People would always blame Satan until the story of a farmer who saw a werewolf near his property scared the people. They dont want to be close to the wolf beings and the wolfbeings are running out of territoy so they have to live near the humans. One day a herder awoke to find some of his sheep masacred. Being rather unfair he blamed the wolves, for that the wolves mostly pettied the old man. But when other herders lost their sheep they started to hunt the wolf decreasing their numbers. Lycans didn't like that... So thats how they were granted the power to make werewolves out of people. The forest never liked h7umans because humans were distructive so the forest became the source of the lycans 'magic'. Eating a shrub that grew on the ground made the werewolves bite turn mortals to lycans, not pure lycans and most killed themselves in the process anyway. I call it the werewolf effect. After a few centuries mortals recieved better weapons and lycans scattered and went into hiding.

Wow that would make a good bed time story ^^' eh anyway thats why their are few lycans and many insane humans...

Are the "lycans" you refer to wolves or supernatural wolflike creatures? And are you saying that you believe that some kind of "Mother Nature" type spirit created werewolves as a defense or punishment against humans? huh.gif

Wolves that havent been pressed into the mangy ones running around today by their lack of power. I guess the best religion i can compare myself to is polythiestic. I am a beleiver in many gods of earth. Nature does have a say to help itself survive. But the forest only uses the werewolves, humans are not the mane species. They werent first, infact they are very knew to theis planet. Lycans used to live harmonously and actualy greated the humans best they could. All of earth did. But i guess people came from a place where they were the only race. Seeing these new creatures who spoke differently scared them. And since they were the only race they thought they should rule so they stepped out of their line of being the new guy in town and thats whWolves, just a different ere we get at today...

Edited by Sariegn

That is certainly a very fascinating and unique idea, compared to what I've seen so far in my life.

Lets see...

To those that believe in werewolves,

You actually believe that there are groups of people out there who can shift between being human and wolf or a hybrid version of both out there?

Now listen very carefully (or read very carefully).

You're one of two things:

1 - A sad and lonely person who needs to get a life.

2 - Clinically insane.

What can you do about this?

If you're a sad and lonely person its easy...go out, find a job or some friends, stop being so gullible and stupid. Trust me...you'll look back in a year and think "sheesh, how embarassing that I came to an open forum and admitted this".

If you're clinically insane...the first thing you need to do is stop talking to that little leprechaun that follows you around...second, check into your local hospital, they'll take one look at you and take it from there.