Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who killed Melody Wolf ?

Lucas North-justiceseeker

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:15 PM, docyabut2 said:

So now you guys are saying she was adducted by the cartel, where is the ransom notice ? 

I'm thinking more sex slavery or just some acquaintance that finally decided to see what it felt like to kill someone.   Not sure where I was implying it was the cartel?   :blink:

lmao......They found out that my family is poor and that I make a better cook. Now they're just getting fat and slow, easy pickings. :D

• 3 months later...
On 5/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, Monzaria said:

What I've been noticing just the almost two hours being on this forum is this LucasNorth, a private detective, have been putting or bringing back to the front AZ murder cases that were from areas that had (and still do) suffer from illegal, coyote, cartel, and gang violence during a time when AZ started to get an influx of illegals, new types of gang violence, and around the time M13 and Mexican Guerilla started bullying border towns in TX, NM, AZ, and CA.

He puts them out there for you to work on. From my understanding when a detective needs help they do more than what he has done. I'm not stating he's not a detective, I'm just stating in my opinion when I go to a private eye to help me and I find out this is the majority of his work, I will go somewhere else who would do more than "hey, I'm a detective. Here's an old long forgotten case that was out of the norm (not really) 'help' me find the answer." And then turns around and get snarky when he doesn't get a response quick enough, doesn't like the logical critical thinkers on here, or when a "main suspect" on a murder case gets on here to do a quick rundown of what he went through to NOT be a suspect anymore. Doesn't sound like a professional private eye to me. But maybe my opinion of someone working tirelessly to find the truth when the police don't want to help is quite high. 

That or it's a coincidence that three of the five i looked into on true crime just happened to be all AZ only had a blip on the news decades ago cases all brought forward by the same person.

Just in case your wondering no I'm not a detective. I'm just a guy from AZ interested in local cases in my state. 

This case needs a good bump. I'm surprised the family of Melody hasn't come on and shared info with us. 

• 1 month later...

Rumor had it, Bruce (the husband) had scratches on his face and told authorities it was from “working on a car.” Sounds suspicious. But where in the world can her body be? Supposably he was a hunter, maybe he knew of where to dispose of it out in the mountains. Have search teams ever looked out in the desert/mountains?

From the personal ad:   "Her family misses her and hopes one day we will be sure what happened to her." (emphasis added.)  I find the wording interesting. It appears to me that the family knows who did it, but can't prove it.

My first reaction is to suspect the husband, although it seems odd to me that he would've been able to  transfer the coat, jacket, lunch and purse to the car,  transport and hide the body, park the car, flatten the tire, and then walk home, all without being seen by inquisitive (nosy) neighbors.

I wonder if there was a history of domestic violence? Apparently, Melody felt comfortable enough to spend the night on the couch in the family home. If the situation was volatile, then why wouldn't she have taken the kids and gone to stay at her sister's home that was just two blocks away?

Yea, I’m sure they think it was the husband as does the rest of the town. What was Melody’s maiden name? 

And I assume the husband would’ve felt comfortable dumping her car if it was in the middle of the night, I’m sure at that time there’s not really any nosey neighbors awake if it was like 3am. He could’ve easily dumped it and then walked home. Who knows how long her car was actually there for and who first reported seeing it and at what time. 

I also wonder about the domestic violence, there must’ve been something going on since she filed for divorce. I also am curious about the kids, they never mention their mother, like wonder where she is etc...is it because they think she’s dead and that their father is guilty but just don’t want to be the ones to say it? It’s odd how family members protect eahother. I remember hearing of a case on Unsolved Mysteries that was later solved, and it was similar to this, but the kids actually witnessed the father burying the mother in the backyard, and not until he died did they come out and tell the cops which was like 30 years later! So crazy. Idk maybe Melodys kids don’t talk about her missing because they are bitter and mad that she “walked out” on them... who knows what their father told them. 

I think maybe it was normal for Melody to sleep on the couch since she filed for divorce, and maybe that night her and the husband got into an argument and he snapped! 

Edited by CarmenSandiego
Error

• 6 months later...

1- October is not particularly cold in this little town.  Maybe we could check the weather on that day, but having both s jacket and a coat left in the car could mean only that she had those items just in case.  She likely would not have bothered sister at that early hour, but co worker or probably headed back to her house walking to get help/ride from home.  This would have been dark at this time of the day though.  And difficult for others headed to work to see.  

2. Did husband also work?  Where?  Doing what work?   Husband would have been heading to work st the same time, and kids would be taken to sitters or with him if he was off that day.    

Questions:  

A.  What was his job, schedule, where were kids?  

Did sister hear from her?  If not we can assume she went home (or never left).  

Were her work shoes and gloves/hard hat gone?  

Where did he go that day?  Bank records?  Phone records? 

That area is literally in the middle of the desert.  It would be easy to dispose of a body quickly.  Shovels at home?  When was garbage pickup?  

Did he take kids to sitters around that time to “look for her”. Did anyone go with him?  Has her and his car been examined thoroughly for forensic evidence?

Did car have spare and jack?  (Hard to believe a gal familiar with electrical and handy skills couldn’t change a tire.- but would probably ask husband if still on good terms enough to sleep there.). 

Who was her trainer?  Who else was being trained?  Was their car checked for evidence as well?

• 6 months later...

Ok. He did not live with her at that time.  He was staying between his mother's house on Webb and his pregnant girlfriend soon to be wife after Melodys death, Sherry, in Oracle Junction.  Melody was expecting him so she could discus the divorce. It stormed that night. It was Oct. 22. 1989. He reported her missing a few days later but never checked with family to see if she was with them. He had scratches on his cheeks and forehead and neck. He never searched for her. How do I know so much? I am the sister who lived 2 doors up from the planted car. The tire had a puncture in the sidewalk. His mother was the manager/president of the bank and very influential in the small town. He is a hunting scout who intimately knows the area. He told people he would cut her up and feed her to the coyotes if she divorced him.  Yup all in the case file, plus a whole lot more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting to see different views. Let me add a few more facts. He was not living with her at the time. He was either at his mom's house on Webb, Dee, or at his pregnant girlfriend's house in Oracle Junction, Sherry. Yes she was pregnant with his child Jamie at that time. He was only there that night to discuss the divorce. He reported her missing a few days later not checking to see if she was with family. Her car's tire was punctured in the side wall. It was storming that night raining hard. Her purse was in the trunk. The lunch was peanut butter and jelly. She hated peanut butter. He had scratches on his forehead, cheeks and chest. He had previously made statements to coworkers that if he were to kill her no one would find her.  All in the case files which I have a copy.  I am her sister and I believe he killed her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting, thank for your input Lauriets. I'm sorry about the pain you have had to go through for this.  I had a few more questions maybe you could help with, where were his two children at during this time? And do they talk to you or your side of the family now? Have they ever talked about her disappearance? What age were they during this time?  Anybody note if he left out of town during those few days that she had first disappeared? It's been so long, I wonder if anybody would be willing to talk about it now. Perhaps his friends, or his then girlfriend/soon-to-be-wife? Since he is now divorced from her, any chance she would talk about what she might know? I'm sure she would probably give some more helpful info now that they are not together.  Has anyone ever done any searches in the desert surrounding the town, San Manuel? Wondering if we could solve this case! It would be great to have your help. 

Thanks

Edited by CarmenSandiego
corrected wife to soon-to-be-wife
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 11:32 PM, lauriets said:

Interesting to see different views. Let me add a few more facts. He was not living with her at the time. He was either at his mom's house on Webb, Dee, or at his pregnant girlfriend's house in Oracle Junction, Sherry. Yes she was pregnant with his child Jamie at that time. He was only there that night to discuss the divorce. He reported her missing a few days later not checking to see if she was with family. Her car's tire was punctured in the side wall. It was storming that night raining hard. Her purse was in the trunk. The lunch was peanut butter and jelly. She hated peanut butter. He had scratches on his forehead, cheeks and chest. He had previously made statements to coworkers that if he were to kill her no one would find her.  All in the case files which I have a copy.  I am her sister and I believe he killed her. 

Hated peanut butter, pocketbook in trunk, flat was a puncture on the sidewall...  this sounds so set up.

I really don't think she left the car there. Poor woman, she was  likely already done in. Sorry to say, lauriets. Wishing you and yours the best

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 7:32 PM, CarmenSandiego said:

Rumor had it, Bruce (the husband) had scratches on his face and told authorities it was from “working on a car.” Sounds suspicious. But where in the world can her body be? Supposably he was a hunter, maybe he knew of where to dispose of it out in the mountains. Have search teams ever looked out in the desert/mountains?

Buried bodies can be very difficult to find. Especially if you don't have a general area to look in. If you were to randomly choose a spot to bury somebody in the woods or somewhere and never tell anyone then chances are the body would never be found.

• 3 months later...

I’m new to this group and I’m relatively familiar with the case. I have a podcast (not a popular one mind you) and I intend to talk about this case on the podcast. Why this case? It’s kinda personal for me. I was born in San Manuel and grew up in Oracle. My mother went to high school and graduated with Melody. I met Melody when I was 7 years old. I didn’t “know” her but the meeting meant something to me.

I’m trying to get in contact with people who knew Melody. I want to know what kind of person she was and anything people are willing to tell me.

The other people on this thread aren’t wrong... the tri-community area pretty much believed that her ex-husband did it. The fact that Melody was never found I believe was what held law enforcement back from prosecuting. 

My curiosity is a few things... What was the evidence that was collected? What was looked at? Did LE search the house? What evidence if any was found there? How many people did they talk to? If she was supposed to show up at work that day, how was the mine notified that she wasn’t going to be there? San Manuel was a relatively tight knit town while the mine was a working mine. It kinda was an “everyone knew everyone or knew someone who did know someone” town. Sadly, some if not most of the questions I have will never be answered. 

I want to help get the word out about her case and her. Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

samikt888@aol.com

• Like 1

Hi SamiKTT888,

I appreciate you taking this case into your podcast! I’ve listened to quite a few true crime ones and they’re great for keeping cases alive. Sometimes stirring some commotions about the cases can get people talking and having more people try and solve this. I don’t know much about the case, except for the rumors about the soon-to-be ex-husband. I am somewhat local to the area but don’t know anyone directly that knew Melody besides my mom. But I don’t think she knew her that well. I believe Melody’s sister is on this group from time to time, she goes by Lauriets. I would try reaching out to her and possibly the cold case investigator that was assigned to her case. I don’t know if he’s still working on it, but I know back in ~2006 he had got a warrant to search the property of the POI’s home and his mother’s home. Maybe reaching out to him could give you some more info! I believe his name was Steve Carter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I forgot to ask, SamiKTT888, what is your podcast name?

The name of the podcast that I do with my husband is called Spooky Adventures of Alec and Sam. The past episode(s) we’ve done are paranormal related but the podcast can cover anything strange, usual, and true crime related. Many things can be spooky. We are on Podbean and iTunes.

• 6 months later...
On 5/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, Monzaria said:

What I've been noticing just the almost two hours being on this forum is this LucasNorth, a private detective, have been putting or bringing back to the front AZ murder cases that were from areas that had (and still do) suffer from illegal, coyote, cartel, and gang violence during a time when AZ started to get an influx of illegals, new types of gang violence, and around the time M13 and Mexican Guerilla started bullying border towns in TX, NM, AZ, and CA.

He puts them out there for you to work on. From my understanding when a detective needs help they do more than what he has done. I'm not stating he's not a detective, I'm just stating in my opinion when I go to a private eye to help me and I find out this is the majority of his work, I will go somewhere else who would do more than "hey, I'm a detective. Here's an old long forgotten case that was out of the norm (not really) 'help' me find the answer." And then turns around and get snarky when he doesn't get a response quick enough, doesn't like the logical critical thinkers on here, or when a "main suspect" on a murder case gets on here to do a quick rundown of what he went through to NOT be a suspect anymore. Doesn't sound like a professional private eye to me. But maybe my opinion of someone working tirelessly to find the truth when the police don't want to help is quite high. 

That or it's a coincidence that three of the five i looked into on true crime just happened to be all AZ only had a blip on the news decades ago cases all brought forward by the same person.

I am not a detective just a concerned citizen. The reason why I comment on many old cases at once is because for the past few years I only come on this site maybe two or three times a year at most so I visit all my old threads I created and like today add a new one. Just for the record. My effort on this site back in 2011-2012-2013 to get new interest in forgotten cold cases lead to an arrest in the Angela Brosso murder case. But life happens and I no longer have the luxury of hanging out in online forums all day. I hope you understand.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

The police report was almost totally wrong.  Melody did NOT spend her last evening having a nice family night at her house with her husband and kids.  Her husband did NOT live at her house anymore they were 2 weeks from her final divorce date! There are so many things wrong with that police report!  Im her sister and I know for a fact that when Bruce went over to Melodys house they fought.  Melodys soon to be ex-husband also had a wife before Melody and she disappeared just like Melody.  Bruce also had a pregnant girlfriend at the time of Melodys disappearance!  

Edited by Daestii
Misspelled word
  • Sad 2

I am sorry, Daestil.  I hope someone breaks this investigation for you and your family

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daestii said:

The police report was almost totally wrong.  Melody did NOT spend her last evening having a nice family night at her house with her husband and kids.  Her husband did NOT live at her house anymore they were 2 weeks from her final divorce date! There are so many things wrong with that police report!  Im her sister and I know for a fact that when Bruce went over to Melodys house they fought.  Melodys soon to be ex-husband also had a wife before Melody and she disappeared just like Melody.  Bruce also had a pregnant girlfriend at the time of Melodys disappearance!  

Wow. So many things wrong. What evidence did the police find that they were able to get a search warrant for Bruce’s house and his parents house? 

2 hours ago, Daestii said:

Wait did I see that right! He had a wife BEFORE Melody that also disappeared!? Do you have any info about her name/story etc??? 

• 5 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 10:32 AM, SamiKT888 said:

The name of the podcast that I do with my husband is called Spooky Adventures of Alec and Sam. The past episode(s) we’ve done are paranormal related but the podcast can cover anything strange, usual, and true crime related. Many things can be spooky. We are on Podbean and iTunes.

Did you ever do that podcast and if so can you link it here?

On 5/13/2023 at 2:14 PM, Daestii said:

Hi can you please elaborate on Bruce's wife before Melody? Do you happen to know her name?