Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Thanato

Supreme Court: Trump did mislead investors

Thanato

A lawsuit alleging that Donald Trump and a real estate development firm misled investors, has been upheld by Canada's highest court. 

Sarbjit Singh and Se Na Lee alleged they were sold units in Toronto's, Trump International Hotel, under false pretences. 

The pair claimed they were misled to believe their investments would see returns ranging from 7.7 per cent to 20.9 per cent. Instead, they said they lost a combined C$1.2m (£732,810). 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-lawsuit-canada-court-approves-legal-case-against-us-president-a7623566.html

• Like 2

docyabut2

It seems to be anyone problems in business, but Trump let go of all that when he became president, and his leaving up to his sons to settle   

Thanato
15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

The lawsuit began long before he became president of the United States.

• Like 1

and then

An den?  An what?  Should he be impeached?  Hung?  Shot?  Also, anyone who was led to believe they would receive 20+% on any LEGAL investment led themselves.  Madoff made a ton doing that from what I hear.  Just greed.  If there is evidence Trump screwed someone financially then let his company pay the fines, he's a little busy just now.  I hear today that his former choice for NSA is actually Satan in disguise.  Sounds like a personal problem for Flynn, to me.  These threads are getting beyond tiresome.  They are approaching the point of being SPAM a la TROLL

• Like 3

Wickian
52 minutes ago, and then said:

An den?  An what?  Should he be impeached?  Hung?  Shot?  Also, anyone who was led to believe they would receive 20+% on any LEGAL investment led themselves.  Madoff made a ton doing that from what I hear.  Just greed.  If there is evidence Trump screwed someone financially then let his company pay the fines, he's a little busy just now.  I hear today that his former choice for NSA is actually Satan in disguise.  Sounds like a personal problem for Flynn, to me.  These threads are getting beyond tiresome.  They are approaching the point of being SPAM a la TROLL

Better get used to it.  For 8 years Obama did no wrong and every genuine scandal was over-exaggerated nonsense that he had the authority and moral right to do.  With Trump we'll see him being ridiculed and demonized for every single decision he makes(even if when he does make some really dumb ones) and if he stubs his toe on some furniture a news alert will go out about how Trump is defacing the White House in "fits of rage/frustration".

• Like 1

Thanato
5 hours ago, and then said:

You are really on the defensive. 

This was legal action that's been going on for awhile, it was finally decided in a way that I am not sure had precedent prior. 

• Like 1

DieChecker

the CANADIAN Supreme Court? I was thinking this might be a real thing, not just a Canada story. :rolleyes: oh snap....

Is it just me or do thousands of such schemes try to get investors to believe they're going to make big returns? How is this different than any other corporation that takes money and then goes bankrupt? Is it just because the name Trump is attached to it, so it needs to be an extra big deal? 

• Like 2

and then
5 hours ago, Thanato said:

You are really on the defensive. 

This was legal action that's been going on for awhile, it was finally decided in a way that I am not sure had precedent prior. 

I'm not "defensive", I'm DISGUSTED with all the political attacks.  They're ridiculous and I'm beginning to think those posting them are as well.  As I said, if a judge or panel of judges found against him then let his companies pay up.  I doubt he can actually be extradited for a shady business deal.  I'm waiting for him to get so p***ed that he strikes back, hard, against his tormentors.  If he were half the lunatic bad man he's made out to be, he already WOULD have dropped a load on someone.  Momma says stupid is as stupid does, though.  Carry on!

• Like 2

Thanato
13 minutes ago, and then said:

I'm not "defensive", I'm DISGUSTED with all the political attacks.  They're ridiculous and I'm beginning to think those posting them are as well.  As I said, if a judge or panel of judges found against him then let his companies pay up.  I doubt he can actually be extradited for a shady business deal.  I'm waiting for him to get so p***ed that he strikes back, hard, against his tormentors.  If he were half the lunatic bad man he's made out to be, he already WOULD have dropped a load on someone.  Momma says stupid is as stupid does, though.  Carry on!

You didn't read it did you?