Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Needs advice on psychic development

Aurora Borealis

Hello,

I need some advice on psychic development. I have been practicing for sometime now using only intuition and clairvoyance.

Do I need to use other tools like tarot?

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Tarot (like a crystal ball or tea leaves) just provides a specific channel for using your intuition so it depends if the cards appeal to you at all. 

How have you been developing your intuition?

Edited by sees
  • Like 2

Hi sees,

It has been 2 months since I started focusing, it's like on and off but I have some good feedbacks.

Are there really people who are difficult to read the energy though they have requested it?

I am also thinking of acquiring a tarot to guide the direction of reading. How to choose the right one?

The ability to read someone's energy depends on many factors, e.g. whether it is in person, in real life (where energy is more easy to read) or online and also the methods employed (for instance, through what medium - they might want themselves read via a dream they had etc).  Generally speaking, the more psychic/gifted you are, the less these factors matter.

I am not knowledgeable about the variety of tarot cards available.  It all comes down to which deck best suits you.  If you do a google search you will be better able to ascertain which one feels right for you.

Edited by sees
  • Like 2

Thank you sees for your warm welcome.:)

I am wondering, if there is a possibility of getting dependent on the tarot interpretation or other tools than listening to intuition? Is there such a case?

7 minutes ago, Aurora Borealis said:

Thank you sees for your warm welcome.:)

I am wondering, if there is a possibility of getting dependent on the tarot interpretation or other tools than listening to intuition? Is there such a case?

No matter what tool you use to learn to focus your intuition, you can learn how to meditate in a way to channel it without the tools. 

Keeping a log of your interpretations and successes or failings helps you to learn what really works best for you. 

• Like 1

Thank you White Unicorn and sees, I'll start logging as my reference.

Can intuition or interpretation be influenced? Sometimes I experienced doubting on what I picked up, what I do is to stop for awhile and focus again. 

How will you know you are picking up the right energy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, White Unicorn said:

Keeping a log of your interpretations and successes or failings helps you to learn what really works best for you. 

Wonder how many people would say / concur, for years they've tried meditation, but it doesn't work with them? eh?

I Like: "will you know you are picking up the right energy? "

53 minutes ago, Aurora Borealis said:

How will you know you are picking up the right

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Aurora Borealis said:

Thank you White Unicorn and sees, I'll start logging as my reference.

Can intuition or interpretation be influenced? Sometimes I experienced doubting on what I picked up, what I do is to stop for awhile and focus again. 

How will you know you are picking up the right energy?

That's why I asked about how you are developing your intuition.  True intuition is direct knowing and doesn't cause doubt.  However, gut instinct is often mistaken to be the same thing as intuition but, whilst there may be an overlap, there is a marked difference.  (I did some research into this topic).  Gut instinct is often kneejerk and often coming from fear.  It is also subject to your thoughts, i.e. interpretation and the possibility of misinterpretation.

Intuition can come suddenly/unexpected but is always deep, wise and the best possible answer to the situation!   If intuition is focused on, i.e. wanted for a specific reason, then having an empty/receptive mind is the best way for it to come into our consciousness....it may not be immediate.  It springs from our sub conscious.

• Like 2

I never thought that gut instinct and intuition has a difference, thanks sees, I'll research on that.

I have some accurate readings on a specific topics these past 2 months and that is my goal to go to specifics.

I remember I used to identify location of a thing lost when my mother asked me though I never knew about it, that was years ago.

But there are times when I focus. there's just nothing and there are times informations are overwhelming that I can't keep up.

Being out with nature keeps me grounded and then clarity of mind sets in like a good R&R.

• Like 2

I think you are right sees, my doubt was caused by fear. 

It could be that fear of having mistakes. I also fear that I might offend someone if I give them a frank reading.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sees said:

That's why I asked about how you are developing your intuition.  True intuition is direct knowing and doesn't cause doubt.  However, gut instinct is often mistaken to be the same thing as intuition but, whilst there may be an overlap, there is a marked difference.  (I did some research into this topic).  Gut instinct is often kneejerk and often coming from fear.  It is also subject to your thoughts, i.e. interpretation and the possibility of misinterpretation.

Intuition can come suddenly/unexpected but is always deep, wise and the best possible answer to the situation!   If intuition is focused on, i.e. wanted for a specific reason, then having an empty/receptive mind is the best way for it to come into our consciousness....it may not be immediate.  It springs from our sub conscious.

I'd double like your answer if I could Sees :)  

All successes without the interference comes from intuiation not gut feeling that is a reaction of the totality of conscious, subconscious pieces of information connected with emotions and includes one's imagination as interference. Gut feeling can pickup on the intuitions but it includes the interferences.

Aurora Borealis, meditation comes in many forms, active and reactive. For readings the type of meditation needed is empty and receptive as Sees pointed out. It doesn't have emotions involved.

Readings for others with a tool such as Tarot, brings empathy to that person and includes their gut reactions. When you read you include those as connecting with their hopes fears and questions but you need to learn the disconnect of the emotions for accuracy of intuitions, then answer their concerns.

When seriously learning to focus on Tarot readings on yourself you learn how to better obtain that receptive empty awareness that comes through a form of meditation.

Everything is about connecting and understanding your own subconscious and learning it's symblolic language that it uses to communicate with your consciousness. It connects with enhanced and/or other senses,  as well as other higher levels of consciousness. 

BTW when you log premonitions etc, you want to include details as much as possible with what state of mind you were in. It helps you learn what leads up to success or just interference of gut reactions.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Aurora Borealis said:

I think you are right sees, my doubt was caused by fear. 

It could be that fear of having mistakes. I also fear that I might offend someone if I give them a frank reading.

Many years ago I gave Tarot readings to people. Most enjoy seeing the tools used not just an intuitive discussion. 

The worst experience for me was when I didn't get any good news for an elderly widow lady. I saw her being used by a gold-digger and dying alone! OMG what do you say for comfort and not to lie! I told her she needed to reconnect and focus on  nieces and nephews more than a new man which was coming into her life because he'd cause her pain. She needed to go to church with her relatives to become more reconciled to God. 

She didn't listen to my advise, but I didn't tell her what I really envisioned.

It comes with the territory and when you give accurate readings you get a following that soon becomes  a full time job! 

I gave it up and found out you still get the same connection even with some strangers automatically in trivial conversations, socializing or when at work. When I'd pick up, I didn't say it was psychic just my friendly thoughts of advice. So you can use this intuition to help others even when not giving a formal reading. I feel we have to share when we know we can help someone. It was given to us to help. How you decide to use it is your choice. 

• Like 2

I'll take your advice on meditations, taking notes and connecting to the tools.

I noticed that when I speak from intuition, I felt a disconnection from emotions most of the time, that is why I sometimes feel afraid of telling their truth so what I do is like what you did I just give good advices or give some analogy to make them understand but it also depends on how close I am or related to the person. 

Sometimes attachment of the person becomes a problem when they feel they can rely on you after a reading, then they come back for more, but you sense something odd with that person or you sense the person's bad intentions on people, how will you deal with that situation? 

• Like 1

The spiritual world is something that is very complicated to understand. 

I feel like with tarot reading you have to be very careful. 

The thing is, the future is not a stable thing. 

It can change at an instant and is fluid. 

So if you are 'predicting' their future in some way, you are speaking words over them that may or may not be true. And for a vulnerable person, this may not be a good idea. 

There are all sorts of spiritual influences out there... and they can influence things for the better or the worse. 

At the end of the day, leave it up to God. 

I know from experience dabbling in these things and bringing very negative energy into my life it has not been an easy lesson to learn. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jjjjjjaja said:

The spiritual world is something that is very complicated to understand. 

I feel like with tarot reading you have to be very careful. 

The thing is, the future is not a stable thing. 

It can change at an instant and is fluid. 

So if you are 'predicting' their future in some way, you are speaking words over them that may or may not be true. And for a vulnerable person, this may not be a good idea. 

There are all sorts of spiritual influences out there... and they can influence things for the better or the worse. 

At the end of the day, leave it up to God. 

I know from experience dabbling in these things and bringing very negative energy into my life it has not been an easy lesson to learn. 

Hi Jjjjjjaja,

Most of the people hope and expect good readings.

Readings should only serves as a guide and it is their free will that may or may not change their life. The course of their action dictates the future outcome.

Some say it is for entertainment purpose only but people do take it seriously because they can really relate to the readings and find truth, options and advices on how to deal with certain situations.

You are right that there are so many spiritual influences that is why we have to stay grounded on what could be illusionary or things that may come to realisation.

On 3/12/2017 at 3:32 PM, Aurora Borealis said:

I'll take your advice on meditations, taking notes andconnecting to the tools.

I noticed that when I speak from intuition, I felt a disconnection from emotions most of the time, that is why I sometimes feel afraid of telling their truth so what I do is like what you did I just give good advices or give some analogy to make them understand but it also depends on how close I am or related to the person. 

Sometimes attachment of the person becomes a problem when they feel they can rely on you after a reading, then they come back for more, but you sense something odd with that person or you sense the person's bad intentions on people, how will you deal with that situation? 

People with bad intentions are selfish and you can use that by saying in order for them to accomplish what they really WANT they must change such and such influences or it will personally effect there life in a way they really don't want. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aurora Borealis said:

Hi Jjjjjjaja,

Most of the people hope and expect good readings.

Readings should only serves as a guide and it is their free will that may or may not change their life. The course of their action dictates the future outcome.

Some say it is for entertainment purpose only but people do take it seriously because they can really relate to the readings and find truth, options and advices on how to deal with certain situations.

You are right that there are so many spiritual influences that is why we have to stay grounded on what could be illusionary or things that may come to realisation.

I like to think of Karma as  cause and effect by the totality of combined free will at a specific point in time. Intuition is picking up on it as it is if left unaltered.

A warning vision of a car accident is a good example. You see the car accident and know the vehicle and the cause. The driver goes down the wrong way on a one way street and hits you. It happens but you are prepared for it and know how to avoid it in reality. 

The vision didn't happen but you took steps to avoid crash because you were prepared and on the lookout for that same vehicle. It's a blessing to you and you reacted differently then you did in the vision of the accident. 

The intuition was correct but you changed the reality of the outcome. It seems like we really have several destinies to choose between in reality itself.  

It is a blessing to have warnings as well as good visions for others. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

I like to think of Karma as  cause and effect by the totality of combined free will at a specific point in time. Intuition is picking up on it as it is if left unaltered.

A warning vision of a car accident is a good example. You see the car accident and know the vehicle and the cause. The driver goes down the wrong way on a one way street and hits you. It happens but you are prepared for it and know how to avoid it in reality. 

The vision didn't happen but you took steps to avoid crash because you were prepared and on the lookout for that same vehicle. It's a blessing to you and you reacted differently then you did in the vision of the accident. 

The intuition was correct but you changed the reality of the outcome. It seems like we really have several destinies to choose between in reality itself.  

I don't think this is necessarily a blessing... using the car crash example, if someone really believes you and takes it seriously, then potentially you have just created a state of fear in that person and caused them to be on guard and on the lookout for danger. 

If intuition is correct and they do get into a car crash, then this may cause more fear and anxiety to enter their life. 

Is this appropriate to cause such a state of anxiety in a person? 

Some things are better left for God to decide. 

Sometimes we don't understand the gift and importance of our power and the messages we give people. We have the ability to 'speak words over people'. 

Words that one day feel as if they go in one ear and out the other having no effect on us, sometimes at a time of vulnerability come back to haunt us and cause pain. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jjjjjjaja said:

I don't think this is necessarily a blessing... using the car crash example, if someone really believes you and takes it seriously, then potentially you have just created a state of fear in that person and caused them to be on guard and on the lookout for danger. 

If intuition is correct and they do get into a car crash, then this may cause more fear and anxiety to enter their life. 

Is this appropriate to cause such a state of anxiety in a person? 

Some things are better left for God to decide. 

Sometimes we don't understand the gift and importance of our power and the messages we give people. We have the ability to 'speak words over people'. 

Words that one day feel as if they go in one ear and out the other having no effect on us, sometimes at a time of vulnerability come back to haunt us and cause pain. 

I sometimes meditate in the morning to see what my day will bring. Other times I get random warnings for me that just pop up during the day. 

The car event  happened to me. I made notes in the morning and told my spouse. I couldn't avoid going that route but I could back up into a parking lot to avoid it when it happened.

I wouldn't tell another person to cause fears if I saw that for them.  

However when I have picked up a warning type premonition for someone I know. Sometimes I just say I had a dream about you, since they don't know I've been a reader as such, they can brush it off and not have real fear or paranoia,  but in the back of their mind, they are prepared for the possibility.

Everything is in God's hands is very true. I feel that we only get the premonition messages because we can be an active change to an outcome, but the hard choice is ours in how we deal with it, to respond actively or not.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, White Unicorn said:

Exactly, cause and effect, we have a choice of making life better or embrace stagnation or worst.

I had a personal experience on your example given.

A bird slammed itself on a board sign in front of me and died instanly. I felt a strong vibration and told my husband that we should be careful on our way home, then we saw a bush fire on the side of the highway, the smoke covered the area and before we went through the smoke we remembered the warning and thank God we safely passed through.

There are really UNEXPLAINED MYSTERIES in our lives not just the gifts of abilities but unknown forces that helps us in times of trouble and really are a blessing.

Edited by Aurora Borealis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jjjjjjaja said:

I think intuition warns us and that is a blessing because we can plan or prepare or react responsibly before or when it happens.

• Like 2

On 2017-03-14 at 7:50 AM, Aurora Borealis said:

I think intuition warns us and that is a blessing because we can plan or prepare or react responsibly before or when it happens.

I think that learning discernment is the key. 

You have to learn how to trust your own intuition, and how to discern from spiritual influences that might not be for your best benefit. 

I never in a million years thought that I would have been the type of person to believe in this stuff, I can't stand even watching horror movies, but there is a lot of dark spiritual stuff out there.

I don't know what it is, whether it's a mix of negative emotions or energies of other people that create these negative spiritual energies, or whether they exist as their own separate entities, but I know after going through an experience of psychosis that most definitely there is some scary stuff out there you can pick up on if you're empathic and intuitive. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jjjjjjaja said:

I think that learning discernment is the key. 

You have to learn how to trust your own intuition, and how to discern from spiritual influences that might not be for your best benefit. 

I never in a million years thought that I would have been the type of person to believe in this stuff, I can't stand even watching horror movies, but there is a lot of dark spiritual stuff out there.

I don't know what it is, whether it's a mix of negative emotions or energies of other people that create these negative spiritual energies, or whether they exist as their own separate entities, but I know after going through an experience of psychosis that most definitely there is some scary stuff out there you can pick up on if you're empathic and intuitive. 

Truly, practice of discernment helps you to stay grounded,

it is not what we think is right but doing and thinking what is right.

Being sensitive feels really creepy sometimes, I have experienced paranormality since 5 years old and never told anyone about it and now I am breaking my silence about these things, it's hard for me to open up because my family is so skeptical.

It looks like you are coping, experiencing highs and lows but you are brave enough to balance the energies you are picking up.

It is true, there are negative energies and there are also thought forms so we have to be cautious but I can't deny there are good energies that helps us to be on safer grounds.

Edited by Aurora Borealis

Hi,

Good question. Psychic development is important for everyone these days, as we make important energetic shifts, such as the ongoing shift from the Aquarian to the Piscean era. This shift brings about heightened awareness and it really makes sense for everyone to learn. 

Future generations are being born more gifted and receptive (combined with higher volumes of psychic energy today), and older ones need to understand more about themselves and also how best to support our youth on their journeys – where they too may be confused, and in need of some guidance. There’s a lot more depression these days – and this is likely one of the reasons – and the generations can help each other in different ways.

Psychic energy amplitude seems to be on the rise, so even those who found it difficult to detect Intuitive energies before, now can experience something - even if they don't know what, how to make sense of it, and how best to direct this energy and generally control their experience of it.

Learning to better read psychic energy can be useful and benefit one greatly, even if it is to reduce the background noise, so that you can experience the wood from the trees so to speak. 

Life will give us what we need, if only we should quiet our minds and listen to our hearts. The heart is the source gateway of our consciousness, and surrendering to it's profound knowledge will guide us to where we need to be. 

To answer your question more specifically, bearing in mind the following will be useful: 

• If you are keen to develop your psychic awareness, then keep going - and don't get discouraged when energy doesn't flow. The key is to remain open, and trusting. As is the case with psychic medium connections, sometimes you have to conserve your energy, as it takes a conscious effort to maintain a connection to the higher realms - so using this example, sometimes your energy will flow easier at some times than others, and that's ok. Just learn to work with this. 
  • Leading on from this point, psychic tools can be a great help. Psychic mediums are often surprised when they start using tarot, as the tarot channels information in a structured way, adding its own information that may not be accessible through the use of one skill alone. The two can then compliment each other - and also validate each other - as can other tools such as Pendulums.
  • You will be naturally drawn to whatever suits you, so use your relaxed judgement for this. You may benefit from learning something in the future rather than now - who knows - work with your natural energetic affiliation towards skills and practises. With time, you can even learn to work on weaker areas. For example, you may be a good clairvoyant, but may want to benefit from some clairaudience. It's all about when you feel you need or want to. 
  • Psychic development is a journey of spiritual discovery - even if we use these skills already, without knowing, in our every day lives.
  • Remember, not all psychic development is sought because people want to be a professional psychic per say. Some just want greater Intuition to help themselves and others in other ways, and with their journeys. It's all a matter of personal preference, and calling. You'll know. 
  • We can also help ourselves greatly by supporting our physical bodies. Exercising well, eating little to no meat (a good one often overlooked) and eating plenty of vegetables and food with life force (basically vegetarian and vegan based). Drinking water free from fluoride, chlorine and other contaminants is also also important, or at least filtered water. These things can all help to improve our natural Intuition by increasing our vibration level, amplitude, and sensitivity to the energies around us, as well as improving our physical health too – so it’s a win-win!
  • Meditation is magic to tune in to psychic energies by quietening the mind, and learning to be more receptive. Learning to put our egos aside is essential when allowing Spirit to combine with our energies, so we can act as the Medium. It’s all related to surrendering to our highest good, quietening the mind, and being open to the truth without mental judgement being involved. There are also many guided meditations for spiritual development available.
  • You could also try supplements such as Ormus to magnify your psychic abilities, but be careful and start gradually. Do you research, as it can be overwhelming becoming too aware too quickly.
  • Listening to soundtracks with binaural beats can aid to open the third eye more, as well as stimulate the pineal gland, which aids psychic communication and Intuition – some call this process Decalcification of the Pineal gland. Fluoride plays a big part here, and arguably it’s difficult to remove Fluoride from water without a specialist filter, so perhaps check your local water company to see if they add it, and consider buying spring water instead. Some soundtracks can really help the decalcification process, so doing you best nutritionally and listening to these tracks should be a combination conducive to good results.

We have put together an article that contains more information on psychic medium development, psychic medium types, and which also has a link to a handy test to see what your psychic strengths are, both for fun and some direction. The article focuses on psychic mediums, but we’re all psychic medium to an extent. Some may be more gifted at reading auras, which doesn’t involve being a medium, and some may combine these skills with contacting spirit guides etc. There are a lot of overlaps, and perhaps our resource here will help with this also. Again, it’s all personal preference and development See: Types of Psychic Medium and Developing Psychic Medium Abilities.

Remember, as with everything, practise is so important. Everyone can have a mental block sometimes, and we can also have a psychic block. Once you do find improvements however, you will be pleased at how much more in tune you become with your body, mind and spirit – they are all one really. Then you can help others on their journey – and that’s real magic.

Peace and Love,

Psychic 121 Readings.

On 11/03/2017 at 6:42 AM, Aurora Borealis said:

Hello,

I need some advice on psychic development. I have been practicing for sometime now using only intuition and clairvoyance.

Do I need to use other tools like tarot?

e purpose of others, and how best to direct this energy, and generally control their experience of it, to benefit them greater / reduce the background noise so that they can experience the wood from the trees so to speak. 

Life will give us what we need, if only we should quiet our minds and listen to our hearts. The heart is the source gateway of our consciousness and surrounding to it's profound knowledge will guide us to where we need to be. 

To answer your question more specifically, bearing in mind the following will be useful: 

- If you are keen to develop your psychic awareness, then keep going - and don't get discouraged when energy doesn't flow. The key is to remain open, and trusting. As is the case with psychic medium connections, sometimes you have to conserve your energy, as it takes a conscious effort to maintain a connection to the higher realms - so using this example, sometimes your energy will flow easier at some times than others, and that's ok. Just learn to work with this. 

- Leading on from this point, psychic tools can be a great help. Psychic mediums are often surprised when they start using tarot, as the tarot channels information in a structured way, adding it's own information that may not be accessible through the use of one skill alone. The two can then compliment each other - and also validate each other. As can other tools such as Pendulums. You will probably be naturally drawn to each, but use your relaxed judgement for this. You may benefit from learning something new in the future - who knows - work with your natural energetic affiliation towards skills and practises. With time, you can even learn to work on weaker areas. For example, you may be a good clairvoyant, but may want to benefit from some clairaudience. It's all about when you feel you need or want to. 

Psychic development is a journey of spiritual discovery - even if we use these skills already without knowing in our every day lives. Remember, not all psychic development is sought because people want to be a professional psychic per say. Some just want greater Intuition to help themselves and others in other ways, and with their journeys. It's all a matter of personal preference, and calling. You'll know. 

• Like 1