Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blows my mind

jimrich

The easy way to spot a Shill is to understand the agenda. The number one on my list is trying to protect a government that is well known to be corrupt.

Edited by The Silver Thong

But that discounts someone who genuinely believes what they say. Also, you have to factor in a level of corruptness: I don't think there is a government in the world today that is not corrupt in some way or another.

9 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

The easy way to spot a Shill is to understand the agenda. The number one on my list is trying to protect a government that is well known to be corrupt.

The easy way to spot a handwaver, is that they avoid any discussion of facts, preferring to stick to insulting and categorising and generalising.

• Like 5

What is an insult. If I call you a snowflake, is that an insult. Or is it a fact. 

So basically anyone who objects to your confirmation bias is a shill? That is awfully convenient.

• Like 8

{any questions, folks?}

• Like 2

On 3/28/2017 at 4:54 AM, Farmer77 said:

Ahh now the memories are coming back. I love this clip of reporters discussing WTC7 having already collapsed as its standing in the background :

Are you arguing that this is evidence of something conspiratorial?  That individual reporters make mistakes is abundantly evidence, along with the fact that the vast majority of people (especially people in Britain) had no idea that there even was a Building 7.  What exactly is the proposed conspiratorial scenario here, that the conspirators were communicating that Building 7 had collapsed before it did to the BBC?  This one just never made much sense to me at all.

• Like 4

On 3/28/2017 at 2:47 AM, Farmer77 said:

IDK man I dont pretend to know the answers but I do tend to believe the witnesses who said bombs went off in the basement of the towers and the official story for tower 7 stinks to high heaven.  There are alot of things about the official story that dont quite line up. 

The thing about that, though, is that whether or not explosives went off in the basement is largely irrelevant to the fall of the towers.  You can see in every video you can find that the point of collapse was not at the ground level, but rather up where the fires were happening.  Demolition charges cut the supporting structure of a building and cause it to collapse from that point; if there had been cutting charges at the base, we would see the entire building falling as one unit (until torn apart by the forces of gravity and mass).  All we see in videos of the collapse is everything above the cut point (where the fire was) collapsing, and everything underneath it standing upright until it gets hit by the avalanche from above.

• Like 8

Can anyone explain how the most protected building in the word was attacked by a plain never seen and reported hyjacked. Oh and what happened to all the video.

Aquastus, your a smart guy so how did all this happen if there was no callusioun.

4 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Can anyone explain how the most protected building in the word was attacked by a plain never seen and reported hyjacked. Oh and what happened to all the video.

Welcome to 2001... 

6 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Aquastus, your a smart guy so how did all this happen if there was no callusioun.

Perhaps you can re-phrase that again later. The spelling / syntax is not at your usual excellent standard, so I suspect you may be typing this when tired and may want to do a "re-attack" when you are a little more focused.

Sorry, I had a stroke almost a year ago and my spelling is not the best. Howerver the question is still valid. The FBI confiscated 78 video cameras and released 2, why only 2 that showed no plane.  Release more videos of a plane hitting the Pentagon and I will shut up. Or do we have to wait 50 years. 

• Like 1

Assuming you meant collusion in our government (and are talking about the Pentagon), sure, there might have been some, for all I know.  I just don't see the need for it. 

I tend to follow Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Sorry, I had a stroke almost a year ago and my spelling is not the best. Howerver the question is still valid. The FBI confiscated 78 video cameras and released 2, why only 2 that showed no plane.  Release more videos of a plane hitting the Pentagon and I will shut up. Or do we have to wait 50 years. 

Simple.  They only released 2 because only two showed the plane.  That there were even two that showed the plane is fairly surprising, considering not a single camera anywhere was pointed at the sky, nor were any of those cameras designed to captured a high-speed object.  Heck, if anything, the majority of them were designed for time-lapse capture, since they were security cameras.

You can demand more videos as much as you like, but if videos don't exist, they don't exist, and no amount of demanding will make them come into existence.

6 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

Assuming you meant collusion in our government (and are talking about the Pentagon), sure, there might have been some, for all I know.  I just don't see the need for it. 

I tend to follow Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Simple.  They only released 2 because only two showed the plane.  That there were even two that showed the plane is fairly surprising, considering not a single camera anywhere was pointed at the sky, nor were any of those cameras designed to captured a high-speed object.  Heck, if anything, the majority of them were designed for time-lapse capture, since they were security cameras.

You can demand more videos as much as you like, but if videos don't exist, they don't exist, and no amount of demanding will make them come into existence.

could you please show me a plane hitting the Pentagon. No you can`t but I could post a video of a guy stealing a snikers bar at 711.

No problem. Coherent sentences are normally not an issue with you, and so I thought you might be a little tired.

I am willing to be corrected but I thought that more videos were released, even if they didn't show anything? I'll see if i can back that statement up with supporting references but that is what I thought.

23 minutes ago, Obviousman said:

No problem. Coherent sentences are normally not an issue with you, and so I thought you might be a little tired.

I am willing to be corrected but I thought that more videos were released, even if they didn't show anything? I'll see if i can back that statement up with supporting references but that is what I thought.

Insults are fun :)   If the videos show nothing why have they not been released.

Maybe your not as smart as you think

11 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Not gonna go into the conspiracy part, but sorry to hear that you had a stroke. I hope you are doing ok, man.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

could you please show me a plane hitting the Pentagon. No you can`t but I could post a video of a guy stealing a snikers bar at 711.

Can you show me a guy stealing a snickers bar going at about 180 mph?  Which was my actual point, which you completely ignored.

This topic is over 15 years old.  You aren't making any argument that hasn't been made and answered a thousand times before.

At the very least, you could pretend to address the actual answers that have already been given to your question over the past decade, instead of pretending that you have some sort of "Gotcha!" that has never occurred to anyone to ask.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, badeskov said:

Not gonna go into the conspiracy part, but sorry to hear that you had a stroke. I hope you are doing ok, man.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Thanks man, and ya I got lucky sorta lol

14 hours ago, badeskov said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

Thanks man, and ya I got lucky sorta lol

41 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

Can you show me a guy stealing a snickers bar going at about 180 mph?  Which was my actual point, which you completely ignored.

This topic is over 15 years old.  You aren't making any argument that hasn't been made and answered a thousand times before.

At the very least, you could pretend to address the actual answers that have already been given to your question over the past decade, instead of pretending that you have some sort of "Gotcha!" that has never occurred to anyone to ask.

I saw a plane hit the world trade center, many video

1 minute ago, The Silver Thong said:

I saw a plane hit the world trade center, many video

How many of those videos came from time-lapse security cameras?

Come on man, be honest here.  You know all the answers to these questions.  Take the next step.

• Like 2

On 2017-04-20 at 8:28 AM, aquatus1 said:

How many of those videos came from time-lapse security cameras?

Come on man, be honest here.  You know all the answers to these questions.  Take the next step.

The next step would be to release all the video`s

Can you say for certain that if they released the imagery and it proved completely innocuous, it would change your opinion, that you'd say that an aircraft did hit the Pentagon on that day as claimed?

Do you not believe that there would be a wave of crackpots, all claiming that the various imagery had been 'altered', no doubt to hide something incriminating?

We've seen this time and time again with various conspiracy theories: they ask for proof and then when proof is given, the people dismiss the proof or claim it is rigged.

6 hours ago, Obviousman said:

Can you say for certain that if they released the imagery and it proved completely innocuous, it would change your opinion, that you'd say that an aircraft did hit the Pentagon on that day as claimed?

Do you not believe that there would be a wave of crackpots, all claiming that the various imagery had been 'altered', no doubt to hide something incriminating?

We've seen this time and time again with various conspiracy theories: they ask for proof and then when proof is given, the people dismiss the proof or claim it is rigged.

I know what im about to say plays right into your comment but ......If they were to release the video 16 years after the fact then noone would or should believe it. 

Its simply baffling to me that theres video evidence of the events of that day yet the government thinks so little of the American people that they have refused to release said evidence. No transparency, just "trust me" . Even if the official story is true (doubtful IMO) the government DESERVES all the conspiracy theories and the fallout thereof for their idiotic, anti freedom, secret squirrel bull****.