Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Phoenix lights

Paranormal Gal

Today marks the 20 years since Phoenix people seen the Phoenix lights. I myself seen the lights and it was NOT flares balloons skydivers ect..... It was a black space craft with lights on the bottom. I was on my back porch it made NO SOUNDS! The energy in the air was very strange. 

Did you see it or do you believe what the government said?

I myself know they the government been covering it up since the first U.F.O.

• Like 6

Which event are you talking about? Are you referring to the first event in which the planes flew over and were mistakenly interpreted as a craft?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Which event are you talking about? Are you referring to the first event in which the planes flew over and were mistakenly interpreted as a craft?

No they were not planes this one was on march 13 1997. It was not planes it was moving to slow and it hovered.

• Like 2

Actually they were planes. I'll see if I can find the video of the planes. It shows the lights moving relative to each other, which is what people reported. One of the planes fell back and caught up a number of times.

The link below describes the 2 events. I assume you are referring to event 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

• Like 2

I seen the link the U.S.A.F Said it was there A10 warthog plane and it didn't look nothing like it here is the plane they said it was from.

13388489_1177217678979123_2097615696_n.jpg

• Like 3

The Air Force did not claim that the first event had anything to do with A-10 aircraft. The A-10 were involved in event 2, which is unrelated to event 1.

Mixing up the two events has been a problem from day 1 with the Phoenix lights. The news reports did not help when they too mixed up the two separate and distinct events.

• Like 5

They were planes and flares. This has been discussed into the ground at this very site (The best evidence threads, which were great threads and that I admittedly sorely miss) and some very astute posters (BooNy, LS, Pericyntion, just to mention some) made a very thorough analysis (including triangulation) demonstrating the plane and flare hypothesis beyond any doubts.  

People saw planes, reported planes, planes were demonstratedly in the air at the exact time of the sightings.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, badeskov said:

They were planes and flares. This has been discussed into the ground at this very site (The best evidence threads, which were great threads and that I admittedly sorely miss) and some very astute posters (BooNy, LS, Pericyntion, just to mention some) made a very thorough analysis (including triangulation) demonstrating the plane and flare hypothesis beyond any doubts.  

People saw planes, reported planes, planes were demonstratedly in the air at the exact time of the sightings.

Cheers,
Badeskov 

Hey Bad, I think when the first concept of two events isnt even understood then this does kind of make further debate kind of difficult. Even if someone believes 'craft' seen at 8pm was then seen again at 10pm (even though multiple lights) it should still be obvious there were two separate events if someone has read even a little into the case.

personally I was never convinced, especially about the 8pm, however after spending many many days/weeks/months trying to dig further I was left with nothing......

The footage from 8pm makes it hard to argue for a single craft, and the maths produced by posters mentioned on the 10pm event again makes it rather difficult to argue with.

fully agree though, those were great debates back in the day.......man has it gone downhill since!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, 32yrsofperanormal said:

Today marks the 20 years since Phoenix people seen the Phoenix lights. I myself seen the lights and it was NOT flares balloons skydivers ect..... It was a black space craft with lights on the bottom. I was on my back porch it made NO SOUNDS! The energy in the air was very strange. 

hello 32, may I suggest you read through this thread (think there are at least 3 more decent threads covering Phoenix Lights).

hopefully you can find some new evidence or holes in the analysis presented thus far.....if you do I will be backing you....until then I do think its worth reading some of these debates...some are quite long and in depth so maybe see you in a year or two :)

• Like 7

Thank you the problem is U.F.O have always been in debate if they are real or not.We will agree to disagree i am not here to change no ones mind on what they believe. The topic us still alive with some people.I have had former military people say it is real and the government us doing cover ups. It is also hard to say it is not real when some presidents in black and white say they are real.

I am believe in what I do you believe in what you do it don't make either of us wrong. But it makes for a great convo!

• Like 3

Faith and Opinion . Changing either is a waste of effort . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, quillius said:

Hey Bad, I think when the first concept of two events isnt even understood then this does kind of make further debate kind of difficult. Even if someone believes 'craft' seen at 8pm was then seen again at 10pm (even though multiple lights) it should still be obvious there were two separate events if someone has read even a little into the case.

There were indeed two events and I agree, when the premise is not even understood discussion tends to be a tad difficult.  

personally I was never convinced, especially about the 8pm, however after spending many many days/weeks/months trying to dig further I was left with nothing......

I must say that what has been presented here at UM in terms of analysis has left me rather convinced about the origin of the sightings.

The footage from 8pm makes it hard to argue for a single craft, and the maths produced by posters mentioned on the 10pm event again makes it rather difficult to argue with.

I cannot personally see how the various descriptions can point to a single craft.

fully agree though, those were great debates back in the day.......man has it gone downhill since!

Agreed, it has certainly gone downhill since those days. Frankly, these days it seems like a lot of "I caught this blob on my cell phone".....and then run away when opposed.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2

I have seen cell phone ones also and some people don't want to be confronted if they can explain it. But people say they don't exist but there is documents were presidents from all over say there is?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Paranormal Gal said:

I have seen cell phone ones also and some people don't want to be confronted if they can explain it. But people say they don't exist but there is documents were presidents from all over say there is?

By all means of respect, but I do not believe you at all. Why is it that any and all photoghaphic evindence ever put forth have been of flares and planes? Why has there not been a single shot of this alleged triangular craft? Nothing?and what Presidents are you talking about?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, badeskov said:

By all means of respect, but I do not believe you at all. Why is it that any and all photoghaphic evindence ever put forth have been of flares and planes? Why has there not been a single shot of this alleged triangular craft? Nothing?and what Presidents are you talking about?

Cheers,

Badeskov

I think he's talking about the govenor.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

I think he's talking about the govenor.

Psst, I think Paranormal Gal is a gal :rolleyes:

jmccr8

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Paranormal Gal said:

In a discussion a link without your thoughts on the matter is not really of interest.

So let me point out that the Obama sighting was not by the president. Thus it fails to support: " But people say they don't exist but there is documents were presidents from all over say there is? " In fact the spiral was a failed Russian launch.

Your link is a failure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Psst, I think Paranormal Gal is a gal :rolleyes:

jmccr8

I really should know better to just jump in and reply to the last comment. I really should. But do I? No.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, badeskov said:

There were indeed two events and I agree, when the premise is not even understood discussion tends to be a tad difficult.  

I must say that what has been presented here at UM in terms of analysis has left me rather convinced about the origin of the sightings.

I cannot personally see how the various descriptions can point to a single craft.

Agreed, it has certainly gone downhill since those days. Frankly, these days it seems like a lot of "I caught this blob on my cell phone".....and then run away when opposed.

Cheers,
Badeskov

I agreed that it was hard to argue for a single craft.

I was certainly convinced of 'flares', less so about the 8pm, mainly due to the reliance on Mitch and secondly the quotes of 'thousands of reports'.....however this is the part that when I looked into, I came up short......which left me questioning the validity of the claim 'thousands of reports'......

hopefully there will be a new major event that we can all get stuck into.....I have no appetite for debating the older cases now even though they contain two of my favourites.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Paranormal Gal said:

How do you know it was black when it was dark?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paranormal Gal said:

Ok people are trying to say it is not real ect.... I am no longer going on about this. Being told in one post i lie when i am not. So be it. I know what i saw so does and ot of other people. So as of now this is the last post i am doing for this. It is one thing to debate but to try to make someone believe they are wrong to get them to think like you is wrong. So please someone DELETE this 

Thank you.

No one said you lied. You saw something and you have a belief as to what  you saw. That is a normal thing for any of us to do. That is the way the human mind works. It searches for explanations.

It is not wrong for people to point out mistakes. All of us make mistakes and when we see something that we do not understand we are likely to make mistakes. There is a difference often between what we think we saw and what we saw. Look at eyewitness reports of car accidents or robberies or such. People will report what they believed they saw. That is what we expect. Sometimes all of the witnesses get it wrong and the person they report is not the perpetrator. That happens more often than people care to admit.

Back to the Phoenix Lights. You believe you saw a craft fly overhead. I believe you. On the other hand there is a video of this craft flying overhead that shows that it is not a craft. How do you reconcile this? I can think of things, but what do you think?

• Like 1

Ok i understand what you are saying when you said you don't believe me about the presidents who said they witnessed it.I am not really old nor am i really young. I remember Regan on t.v saying he witnessed a u.f.o. i also come from a long line of military family members who also said they are real and the government is covering it up. My uncle was at area 51 and after he got out of the military he started talking to all of us about it. Only because he was dying of cancer. He was to afraid to say before hand. My step father was also in the military he had clearance to area 51 but would never go because he knew what would be said and done it he talked. My step father was not afraid of no one but when it came to that place he would rather act like it didn't exist. So when i talk about u.f.o it is because of what knowledge military family members knew and yes i have seen them. So i took a little offense about it and i apologize but what my uncle went threw and the cover ups.

So thank you for the comment i explained myself so hope we can get past this because i really LOVE this site and the people are really cool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wont lie, Phoenix Lights is something I've always been fascinated in. I've never heard a legit explanation for it on either side of the argument. That being said I haven't thoroughly researched it. I'll do that and report back. 

For the record, my current theory is it was the gov testing something. I don't mean like Illuminati crazy stuff just something that needed to be tested and there was no easy way around it. But again, that's my knee jerk reaction I'll look into it and report back.

• Like 2

The  problems with the presidents is that the link you supplied did not connect presidents to UFOs directly. For instance, it stated that someone saw something but did not provide any evidence that Obama saw it. The spiral in the sky was a well known failed Russian launch over the White Sea. The Russians posted a no travel advisory for the area before the launch. The launch failed as did several other launches of the same system being tested.

As far as personal information goes, that is a lot different isn't it? I do not come from a military family. Although I know quite a few people in the military I have not met people like the ones you have met that have discussed UFOs.

• Like 2