Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let's talk history

kmt_sesh

8 hours ago, Kenemet said:

They're crunchy but very bland.

A medium for the seasonings, not the source of the flavor. Mushrooms are like that too. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

A medium for the seasonings, not the source of the flavor. Mushrooms are like that too. 

Some mushrooms. Some taste like chicken. :yes:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

And some give me wind like a jet engine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

And some give me wind like a jet engine 

Please, just give us a proper warning the next time you have those mushrooms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Please, just give us a proper warning the next time you have those mushrooms.

Sounds like he already has. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nothing like the challenge of trying to find a good archie/history doc to play on YouTube while I'm working. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Nothing like the challenge of trying to find a good archie/history doc to play on YouTube while I'm working. 

Episode One of WE WERE AS FLEAS ON THEIR BACK: The True History of Our Past Basset Masters is currently in production and looking for distributors. YouTube could work. It’s only $19.95 an episode to watch. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Piney said:

There's some good videos there, though I'll confess not that interested in warfare. More in the smaller details. 

Unfortunately I can't really read books anymore, and been having trouble with audio-books also. 

Difficult to find stuff I can still keep my focus on. 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 8:40 PM, Piney said:

You would appear to be referring to Laetiporus sulphurerus, also known as Chicken of the Woods/Sulfur Shelf. Quite edible, depending upon the developmental stage. However, "tasting like chicken" would be a rather subtle and subjective distinction. Rather commonly harvest the species when involved in field research, etc. Seasonally dependent of course.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

There's some good videos there, though I'll confess not that interested in warfare. More in the smaller details. 

Unfortunately I can't really read books anymore, and been having trouble with audio-books also. 

Difficult to find stuff I can still keep my focus on. 

Sounds like a rough time, frame iend. I'm finally getting back to reading and am using an Amazon Fire tablet.

https://www.amazon.com/Fire-HD-10/dp/B07K1RZWMC/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=amazon+fire+10&qid=1574034985&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzVUwwQkE5ODRBSDY0JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjgxOTM2OEtIQlROVzkzSVZIJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0ODkyNTcxSFI5NTEzOE5ONzM3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Sounds like a rough time, frame iend. I'm finally getting back to reading and am using an Amazon Fire tablet.

Amazon Fire.  That's a bitter name for a tablet, huh?  Is it any good?

Ok, a question on Roman/Sumerian architecture.

Some considerable time ago I read a book on architecture which claimed that it was the Romans who invented the semi-circular arch (which developed into Gothic type arches etc, etc.).  However,, a few years ago, when browsing the internet, I came across a photo of some Sumerian architecture.  I cannot remember where the photograph was taken, but it showed the same kind of arch - semi-circular - that the Romans were supposed to have developed.  So, does anyone know which culture did, in fact, develop the first semi-circular arch?

• Like 1

Hunh. It looks like the Sumerians did occasionally use the round arch, but it wasn’t until the Romans that it was used regularly. 

Great question. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1

A six minute and nineteen second video of an authorized climb to the top of the Great Pyramid. in 92 I was able to climb Menkaure. Going up was an adventure going back down was a misadventure!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

A six minute and nineteen second video of an authorized climb to the top of the Great Pyramid. in 92 I was able to climb Menkaure. Going up was an adventure going back down was a misadventure!

GenerousPalatableAmericansaddlebred-size

A recreation of the descent. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

A recreation of the descent. 

Speaking of 'descent' I misread that  as decease initially making me think of this image:

Y49lxZW.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Speaking of 'descent' I misread that  as decease initially making me think of this image:

Y49lxZW.jpg

Lol, I  can only say that the Florida one is accurate. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, ShadowSot said:

Harte

• Haha 3

On 11/17/2019 at 5:10 PM, jaylemurph said:

Episode One of WE WERE AS FLEAS ON THEIR BACK: The True History of Our Past Basset Masters is currently in production and looking for distributors. YouTube could work. It’s only $19.95 an episode to watch. 

—Jaylemurph 

PBMs.jpg.449deeb06bf6c9bbdbfad7a4816a48bb.jpg

Harte

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

They’re what really happened to dude’s hair: it was slowly evolving into velvety, girthy ears...

—Jaylemurph 

Not that dude. His brain dissolved and ran out of his ears. 

• Haha 3

On 11/18/2019 at 2:12 AM, Alchopwn said:

Amazon Fire.  That's a bitter name for a tablet, huh?  Is it any good?

I don't have much experience with such tablets but been pleased to find I'm really enjoying it.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

They’re what really happened to dude’s hair: it was slowly evolving into velvety, girthy ears...

—Jaylemurph 

There is a theory that says his hair is like that because he is being abducted very very slowly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked