Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let's talk history

kmt_sesh

7 hours ago, SoulRiderX said:

what the heck?! this guy doesn't look like a dragon at all! 

He's a weredragon!

Harte

• Haha 2

A late paleo-Indian/Early archaic water well in Mexico—Possible oldest water-Management feature in the new world.......

https://www.academia.edu/20531452/A_late_paleo_Indian_Early_archaic_water_well_in_Mexico_Possible_oldest_water_Management_feature_in_the_new_world?email_work_card=view-paper

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 6/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, Hanslune said:

They went silly

Pyramids.......oh JKCOADH

and rock weight 'expansion'

10-15 the last I heard, anyone have newer information?

Quote:

Ersoy said the main goal of the agency is "to spread tourism across our 81 provinces in Turkey by 2023."

• Like 1

In regards to the obsidian question on the front page, it was to my mind obtained by trade. Discovery channel years ago  did a show about mummies. When investigating some egyptian  mummies, they found cocaine in them. Now  the plant that produces cocaine as far as I know doesn't grow in Eygpt or the Middle East. The saraha desert was at one time green, with various plants and animals.There are some famous rock paintings in Lybia and a few other places in North Africa. My dad got to see them when he was in North Africa during  WW2. He also mentioned flying over the desert, and seeing from above what looked like the remains of towns out in the desert. Once asked him if any archeologists had done work there, but as far as he knew, no. You had the whole thing of man power, equipment etc, and getting out to these sites. Also with the war on, you may or may not get permits to work them if you could get to them.There are a lot of anomlies all over the world which can  only be seen from the air.

34 minutes ago, HollyDolly said:

In regards to the obsidian question on the front page, it was to my mind obtained by trade. Discovery channel years ago  did a show about mummies. When investigating some egyptian  mummies, they found cocaine in them. Now  the plant that produces cocaine as far as I know doesn't grow in Eygpt or the Middle East. The saraha desert was at one time green, with various plants and animals.There are some famous rock paintings in Lybia and a few other places in North Africa. My dad got to see them when he was in North Africa during  WW2. He also mentioned flying over the desert, and seeing from above what looked like the remains of towns out in the desert. Once asked him if any archeologists had done work there, but as far as he knew, no. You had the whole thing of man power, equipment etc, and getting out to these sites. Also with the war on, you may or may not get permits to work them if you could get to them.There are a lot of anomlies all over the world which can  only be seen from the air.

Not any more.

--Jaylemurph

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, HollyDolly said:

A great deal of archaeology has taken place in the Sahara before WWII and afterward until recently when the political situation fell apart. One example

https://www.world-archaeology.com/features/garamantes-libya/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garamantes

This article has a good covering of the 'stoned age'

http://www.hallofmaat.com/precolumbian/the-stoned-age/

No sign of trade between the Egyptian New Kingdom and South America. No sign of a port, no development of a maritime technology and no SA items in Africa or Europe, or Old world in the New. Certainly no Columbian exchange occur.

Trade routes leave large foot prints like the Roman trade with India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Roman_trade_relations

Arikamedu A roman trade port in India

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arikamedu

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 4

Harte you have one hour to find the historical mystery in the following image and debunk it!

E5qD-kIXoAYiw0W?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Harte you have one hour to find the historical mystery in the following image and debunk it!

E5qD-kIXoAYiw0W?format=jpg&name=large

This one I'm saving.

Harte

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Harte said:

This one I'm saving.

Harte

Concentrated crazy, yeah baby!........ and it's up to date even having Qanon mentioned on it. There are older ones but very out of date,

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1

https://www.academia.edu/32572214/Godpyre_The_Cosmology_of_North_African_Paleovolcanism?email_work_card=thumbnail

PREFACE

The intent of this work is to investigate and consider the influence of volcanic events and how they relate to historic beliefs of ancient peoples, in which case an excellent historical candidate is the group residing in northeast Africa, namely (but not limited to) the ancient Egyptians. By examining their texts –  focusing on their chief creation myth –  and by looking at the pyramid form itself we find there are quite evident markers for volcanological influences. Given times frames of eruptions in the surrounding regions (especially those of a greener Saharan environment), more recent continuous activity of the Bayuda Volcano Field (and others), plus migration routes of people on the African continent as related to environmental changes of the past 10-20 thousand years, there can be little doubt of the people of the Holocene having witnessed such cataclysms and eventually incorporating them into their lore.

Godpyre: The Cosmology of North African Paleovolcanism

4-72451d5cac.jpg

5-64408bd9fa.jpg

7-0e1fb73f7d.jpg

FIGURE 3. MAPPING OF CONCENTRATED VOLCANIC FIELDS IN NORTHERN AFRICA. ALL 15 DEPICTED HERE HAVE EXPERIENCED EARLY HOLOCENE-TO-MODERN ERA VOLCANIC ACTIVITY.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Though not a disqualifier, the paper does this on its own, but you know this is Avry from GHMB, right? 

Nope, never heard of him

37 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Yep six posts in five years still have no idea who he is.

I also don't know who 95% of the people on this board either.  Let me guess you've logged everyone you've posted with over the last 15 years...there would be nothing weird about that at all, no nothing at all...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/30/2021 at 3:28 PM, SoulRiderX said:

what the heck?! this guy doesn't look like a dragon at all! 

I: sorry, are you assuming his species!? How rude!

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yep six posts in five years still have no idea who he is.

I also don't know who 95% of the people on this board either.  Let me guess you've logged everyone you've posted with over the last 15 years...there would be nothing weird about that at all, no nothing at all...lol

As Hanslune said to Avry in 2017:

"Thanks and I must express my appreciation for all your many posts over the years that I have read while lurking".

Are you still "lol"? 

And as this reminds us obviously it's not about just those you've "posted with" but those who participate in conversations you follow, which in your own words Avry has participated in many, which not too long ago you were apparently quite a fan and knew of him very well. But now, here, all of a sudden you can't remember him, never heard of him, and have no idea who he is even after being reminded, which actually is "weird", and are incredulous at the thought so much so equating it somehow to the equivalent of being expected to "log everyone you've posted with over the last 15yrs". Right.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thanos5150 said:

As Hanslune said to Avry in 2017:

Are you still "lol"? 

And as this reminds us obviously it's not about just those you've "posted with" but those who participate in conversations you follow, which in your own words Avry has participated in many, which not too long ago you were apparently quite a fan and knew of him very well. But now, here, all of a sudden you can't remember him, never heard of him, and have no idea who he is even after being reminded, which actually is "weird", and are incredulous at the thought so much so equating it somehow to the equivalent of being expected to "log everyone you've posted with over the last 15yrs". Right.....

Stop dragging commentary and arguments from other websites here to UM. If someone made a comment on another website years ago, leave it there. Whoever this Avry person is you are going on about, they don't appear to be a member here that is engaging in conversation, so drop the whole line of commentary about them please. 

3 hours ago, rashore said:

Stop dragging commentary and arguments from other websites here to UM. If someone made a comment on another website years ago, leave it there. Whoever this Avry person is you are going on about, they don't appear to be a member here that is engaging in conversation, so drop the whole line of commentary about them please. 

Well that's strange. You sure don't seem to have a problem with it when anyone else does it, say like ironically Hanslune himself many times over when he's bagging on Cladking for the umpteenth time. Or a Windowpane, the very director./moderator of Hall of Maat who habitually links to discussions there (and even GHMB once in a while)- the very website she manages. But this one bothers you...? Just so we are clear- this is a thing now where no one can discuss any poster or discussion from other forums? When we see it happening should we report the post like someone did mine to you? Or just when it makes one of the debunker cabal look bad and have to take responsibility for themselves? I apologize but I do not remember this being in the ToS-if its not there will it be updated to include this new policy? 

And point of fact, no one is "going on about this Avry person". He is relevant because he is the author of the very paper Hanslune just cited and linked, so that is "who this Avry person is". Vetting the history and credibility of authors is still a "thing" I assume, which the fact he is a long time poster at GHMB seems like a factoid worth acknowledging. The conversation continued, a whopping further 2 replies, not to discuss this person but the fact that for some reason all of a sudden Hanslune cannot remember him here despite interreacting with him several times and in his own words being a fan of him for many years. And I am curious-if this really is such a problem then why not stop it with Hanslune's snide remarks towards me?  Funny how that works. 

On 7/8/2021 at 7:32 AM, Hanslune said:

https://www.academia.edu/32572214/Godpyre_The_Cosmology_of_North_African_Paleovolcanism?email_work_card=thumbnail

Godpyre: The Cosmology of North African Paleovolcanism

4-72451d5cac.jpg

5-64408bd9fa.jpg

7-0e1fb73f7d.jpg

FIGURE 3. MAPPING OF CONCENTRATED VOLCANIC FIELDS IN NORTHERN AFRICA. ALL 15 DEPICTED HERE HAVE EXPERIENCED EARLY HOLOCENE-TO-MODERN ERA VOLCANIC ACTIVITY.

So, back to the posted link. I had not read this before.  while 15+ years old does it make any valid points?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

So, back to the posted link. I had not read this before.  while 15+ years old does it make any valid points?

I think not. If the AE had ever seen a classic cone shaped volcano erupting, why would they not make any reference to this until the time of Djoser, yet it is proposed that this volcanism occured thousands of years before the first traces of any culture appear in Egypt.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Thanos5150 said:

Well that's strange. You sure don't seem to have a problem with it when anyone else does it, say like ironically Hanslune himself many times over when he's bagging on Cladking for the umpteenth time. Or a Windowpane, the very director./moderator of Hall of Maat who habitually links to discussions there (and even GHMB once in a while)- the very website she manages. But this one bothers you...? Just so we are clear- this is a thing now where no one can discuss any poster or discussion from other forums? When we see it happening should we report the post like someone did mine to you? Or just when it makes one of the debunker cabal look bad and have to take responsibility for themselves? I apologize but I do not remember this being in the ToS-if its not there will it be updated to include this new policy? 

And point of fact, no one is "going on about this Avry person". He is relevant because he is the author of the very paper Hanslune just cited and linked, so that is "who this Avry person is". Vetting the history and credibility of authors is still a "thing" I assume, which the fact he is a long time poster at GHMB seems like a factoid worth acknowledging. The conversation continued, a whopping further 2 replies, not to discuss this person but the fact that for some reason all of a sudden Hanslune cannot remember him here despite interreacting with him several times and in his own words being a fan of him for many years. And I am curious-if this really is such a problem then why not stop it with Hanslune's snide remarks towards me?  Funny how that works. 

I know this sort of situation has happened a couple times in the past where members were asked to not bring things from other forums to this one. Sometimes it causes bickerments or fights and can get rather disruptive when folks drag stuff over from other forums- it can lead to forum warfare. Mods don't catch everything, but I happened to catch this one. Even if a member cites a paper here, that does not necessarily mean they personally remember the author of the paper, or even where/when else they might have discussed it. If you got something going on with Avry and Hanslune on another forum, you need to leave it there and not drag it out here, it's become disruptive and an unnecessary argument.

No need to change ToS- You agreed to co-operate with the requests of site staff should you be asked to stop doing something. In this case you are being asked to stop dragging other forums and old threads from there into this one to argue about, and stop the disruption in this forum over it. 

I will not be discussing this further with you, so please do not argue further with moderation on this. Just stop doing it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

I think not. If the AE had ever seen a classic cone shaped volcano erupting, why would they not make any reference to this until the time of Djoser, yet it is proposed that this volcanism occured thousands of years before the first traces of any culture appear in Egypt.

Seems farfetched to believe that if/when the predecessors of the AE might have been in the then wet Sahara that they would have been influenced in this way. I don't remember who brought it up but there are vaguely pyramid shaped mountains to the west and those too have been pointed out as possible initiators of 'Pyramids'. I would think they did so because that is the natural shape you are going to get if you stack mastabas on top of one another...

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked