Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Let's talk history

kmt_sesh

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

I'm willing to barter for it. All of Harte's and Kmt_Sesh's used socks for a signed copy

Socks? I'm from the South.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Harte said:

Socks? I'm from the South.

Harte

What are you still barefoot down there?

• Like 1

As opposed to stinking up a small pair of useless fabric tubes?

Harte

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harte said:

As opposed to stinking up a small pair of useless fabric tubes?

Harte

Hey don't tell me I grew up in Hawaii - flip flop heaven man

On 10/16/2017 at 5:16 AM, Jarocal said:

It says you or Kenemet need to get cracking on a low budget television show heralding the ancient civilizations. Throw together a companion book, flog it at convention and through subtle product placement on the aforementioned low budget show. 

Maybe do an episode on how Vyse's ghost haunts the relieving chamber. 

Actually, I do have some notes for a book on the Sphinx.  The one that was linked was scolarly and Not Very Readable by the average person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

You can try but I doubt the author is willing to barter such profound knowledge for stinky, sweatsoaked hosiery of a confessed feline worshipping Egyptophile.

Doesn't matter anyway. As you know, all of us die-hard Egyptophiles are stinky-footed bumpkins. We don't wear socks.

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

It's all fake, of course. They're hiding the geysers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Actually, I do have some notes for a book on the Sphinx.  The one that was linked was scolarly and Not Very Readable by the average person.

Is that the book I recommended, by Zivie-Coche?

I found it very readable, and I'm below average. :lol:

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

You could gather some talent around  you and write an electronic version.

Now it's my turn to ask something. Our museum is opening a new temporary exhibit this week called "Ancient Mediterranean: Cultures in Contact." I've already toured the exhibit and it's really beautiful. It focuses on four ancient cultures: Egypt, Etrusca, Greece, and Rome. I think I've heard of Egypt before so I'm good with them. I'm quite comfortable with Greece, and I have some background studies with Rome.

But not the Etruscans, I've read only a wee bit about them. I hear they lived in Italy. So I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with them can represent some literature: basic histories and perhaps a reliable website or two (no aliens or geysers, please).

Let me know. And come see our exhibit.

4 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I'll wait for the Kindle version

A wise choice. The eBook version comes with helpful animated illustrations, sort of like the extras on the Games of Throne blu-rays. The audiobook is a solid choice, too. We tried to get Morgan Freeman to read it, but he was unsatisfied with payment by hambones. Fortunately, Tom Baker was happy to do it instead, for not even a quarter of the number of hambones.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

A wise choice. The eBook version comes with helpful animated illustrations, sort of like the extras on the Games of Throne blu-rays. The audiobook is a solid choice, too. We tried to get Morgan Freeman to read it, but he was unsatisfied with payment by hambones. Fortunately, Tom Baker was happy to do it instead, for not even a quarter of the number of hambones.

--Jaylemurph

You should have gotten Charles Manson, I understand he has a great deal of free time.

2 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Now it's my turn to ask something. Our museum is opening a new temporary exhibit this week called "Ancient Mediterranean: Cultures in Contact." I've already toured the exhibit and it's really beautiful. It focuses on four ancient cultures: Egypt, Etrusca, Greece, and Rome. I think I've heard of Egypt before so I'm good with them. I'm quite comfortable with Greece, and I have some background studies with Rome.

But not the Etruscans, I've read only a wee bit about them. I hear they lived in Italy. So I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with them can represent some literature: basic histories and perhaps a reliable website or two (no aliens or geysers, please).

I'm not to knowledgeable about the, so I'll suggest the very basis:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Etruscan 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Dr. Pat McGovern has done some important work studying critical aspects of the Etruscan civilization.

https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/birra-etrusca-bronze

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Low budget webisodes or reality style tv shows are easier to produce. They also are more likely than a book alone to convince the target audience to part with some of their money.

Look at the popularity of some of the shoestring production videos by Foerster on YouTube. One could add a modicum of actual effort into the production by storyboarding the "episode" rather than the random hodgepodge of pictures/information bopping around like a pinball in his videos. One could produce an interesting and informative one. Disseminating information the evidence as it is currently understood  (academically) would be a positive change.

Of course you would need to actually complete the book you wish to pen on the Sphynx as that is where your remuneration will occur (unless your videos get enough hits on YouTube to get paid through them).

• Like 1

On 3/13/2017 at 8:50 PM, kmt_sesh said:

That said, I'll end the OP by turning the discussion over to members who have questions and want to discuss things historical.

Fair enough, Why is my Mishkan 1.2m (4ft) below my Heel Stone?

Heelstone_Ditch_&_Scroll_Trench.jpg

Hint: Fly Eagles Fly at my Stonehenge, UK

Edited by YHWH Allah

2 hours ago, YHWH Allah said:

Fair enough, Why is my Mishkan 1.2m (4ft) below my Heel Stone?

Heelstone_Ditch_&_Scroll_Trench.jpg

Hint: Fly Eagles Fly at my Stonehenge, UK

Well المل I have no idea why you are aking that? Are you asking if the (your) tabernacle is located at Stonehenge??

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gingitsune said:

I'm not to knowledgeable about the, so I'll suggest the very basis:

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Etruscan 

12 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Dr. Pat McGovern has done some important work studying critical aspects of the Etruscan civilization.

https://www.dogfish.com/brewery/beer/birra-etrusca-bronze

Thanks, you twp. I shall read. :D

6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well المل I have no idea why you are aking that? Are you asking if the (your) tabernacle is located at Stonehenge??

I'm wondering the same thing. I don't understand the question.

I'm stll trying to figure out who you called a "twp."

Harte

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Low budget webisodes or reality style tv shows are easier to produce. They also are more likely than a book alone to convince the target audience to part with some of their money.

Look at the popularity of some of the shoestring production videos by Foerster on YouTube. One could add a modicum of actual effort into the production by storyboarding the "episode" rather than the random hodgepodge of pictures/information bopping around like a pinball in his videos. One could produce an interesting and informative one. Disseminating information the evidence as it is currently understood  (academically) would be a positive change.

Of course you would need to actually complete the book you wish to pen on the Sphynx as that is where your remuneration will occur (unless your videos get enough hits on YouTube to get paid through them).

Although I could do a video, the problem is that everyone would comment on my voice (terribly didactic) or my looks (I'm rather homely) and not on the material.  In a book, they can't see what I look like and it's not evident from my name (my name is used by both men and women) whether I'm male or female.

7 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Although I could do a video, the problem is that everyone would comment on my voice (terribly didactic) or my looks (I'm rather homely) and not on the material.  In a book, they can't see what I look like and it's not evident from my name (my name is used by both men and women) whether I'm male or female.

I know what you mean. I have no problem with my voice but I'm not exactly a looker, despite what my avatar photo looks like.

We could hire talent, whether male or female I don't care. If male I'd suggest Morgan Freeman, and if female Angelina Jolie.

1 hour ago, Harte said:

I'm stll trying to figure out who you called a "twp."

Harte

One of the 99 names of Allah, 'al malik', the OP has named himself as a god or something.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Use Harte, he is a handsome devil - or so he claims - despite wearing socks on his head.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I know what you mean. I have no problem with my voice but I'm not exactly a looker, despite what my avatar photo looks like.

We could hire talent, whether male or female I don't care. If male I'd suggest Morgan Freeman, and if female Angelina Jolie.

The real problem is that I'm a homely, older woman.  Hooboy... the comments we get....

Although I could live with them (I'm not terribly thin-skinned), I don't want to go back and police them.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked