Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
kmt_sesh

Let's talk history

4,033 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hanslune
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Piney said:
 

Lot's of poop in this article. There was no population decline in North and S0uth America, massive areas of burnt vegetation, nor a fast die off of megafauna.

This might of been a localised event but not proof of the YDI. 

I would agree that he seemed to be over emphasizing that aspect (one wonders how you would determine the population decline in a time we don't have even a good guess as to how many people were about) He didn't seem to have any connection with ...who is that guy? Firestone and his crew?

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 hours ago, Hanslune said:

I would agree that he seemed to be over emphasizing that aspect (one wonders how you would determine the population decline in a time we don't have even a good guess as to how many people were about) He didn't seem to have any connection with ...who is that guy? Firestone and his crew?

I called out Andrew before about his repeating George Howard, who pulled stuff out of his ass and salted sites.

@Carnoferox remembers the other 2 who stated the non-existent Human and animal die off.

The Clovis folks were still growing around the Great Lakes at the onset of the YD acording to the amount of lithics found. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
10 minutes ago, Piney said:

I called out Andrew before about his repeating George Howard, who pulled stuff out of his ass and salted sites.

@Carnoferox remembers the other 2 who stated the non-existent Human and animal die off.

The Clovis folks were still growing around the Great Lakes at the onset of the YD acording to the amount of lithics found. 

There have been a lot of claimants for Pleistocene mass animal die-offs/graveyards: Frank Hibben, Immanuel Velikovsky, Ivan Sanderson, various creationists, etc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

There have been a lot of claimants for Pleistocene mass animal die-offs/graveyards: Frank Hibben, Immanuel Velikovsky, Ivan Sanderson, various creationists, etc.

Yeah, Rupert has to admit the Atlantean new agers (around 15000 years ago) use to use hyper velocity six-barrelled Gatling guns of 208mm firing explosive rounds and nuclear land mines up to 4 megatons  to hunt in the area of what is now NA. Rather messy.  Buffalo survived as the head game slayer took one as a pet.

Mastadons, Mammoths, Sabre-tooths,  Giant sloths, red haired humanoid giants 15-45 feet tall, etc., were considered vermin back then.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune

https://www.academia.edu/38530405/WISDOM_OF_THE_EGYPTIANS_by_W_M_Flinders_Petrie_A_new_digitized_version_with_editorial_notes_by_David_Ian_Lightbody?email_work_card=view-paper

 

Quote

WISDOM OF THE EGYPTIANS by W.M. Flinders Petrie - A new digitized version with editorial notes by David Ian Lightbody

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph

That’s right. Dude who doesn’t understand the Golden Ratio is a comparison hasn’t started any threads for some time!

—Jaylemurph

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion
On 1/27/2021 at 4:36 PM, Hanslune said:

Yikes, I would not be brave enough to climb the pyramids. They were never designed to be climbed. And those people with their wicker chairs just inches from the edge of the top... don't lean back to much, lady or you're going down head-first :o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
21 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Yikes, I would not be brave enough to climb the pyramids. They were never designed to be climbed. And those people with their wicker chairs just inches from the edge of the top... don't lean back to much, lady or you're going down head-first :o

Of course they were designed to be climbed.  I mean how else were they supposed to get on board the spaceships parked on top of it. :alien:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Of course they were designed to be climbed.  I mean how else were they supposed to get on board the spaceships parked on top of it. 

I thought it was  by way of musical levitation disks.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
7 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I thought it was  by way of musical levitation disks.

I have it on "good authority" that they used CO2 geysers. :innocent:

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
23 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Yikes, I would not be brave enough to climb the pyramids. They were never designed to be climbed. And those people with their wicker chairs just inches from the edge of the top... don't lean back to much, lady or you're going down head-first :o

I spent an afternoon going all over Menkaure's pyramid in 1983. I found going at an angle made it easier. Given I have a case of Acrophobia it remains seared into my memory. It certainly made it interesting. Walked completely around the tier about 3/4 the way up just passing above the upper edge of the large vertical gash at its northern face (which is called what? I forget now) that was I remember terrifying as the stone looked like it would collapse into that large gash. The top was uneven but I cannot find an image of it. Had a picknick in the small alcove shown in this image.

1920px-Giza_Plateau_-_Pyramid_of_Menkaur

Cairo,_Gizeh,_Pyramid_of_Menkaure,_Egypt

Cannot find an aerial image of the top of the pyramid

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune

Some very old woo, from 1827

https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=QMYRAAAAYAAJ&hl=en&pg=GBS.PP10

NaDZuys.jpg

 

Quote

Historical researches on the conquest of Peru, Mexico, Bogota, Natchez and Talomeco in the thirteenth century by the Mongols accompanied with elephants

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

I'm sure you can find someone who would believe that today.

I mean Mongols on elephants, fighting incas on mastodonts, how does it get much cooler than that ? This should be made into a movie.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I'm sure you can find someone who would believe that today.

I mean Mongols on elephants, fighting incas on mastodonts, how does it get much cooler than that ? This should be made into a movie.

Oh, yes elephants. A recent photograph of Harte 'fighting in his novel way against higher gas prices and parking difficulties' in his home town.

  FEfhcP5.jpg

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Oh, yes elephants. A recent photograph of Harte 'fighting in his novel way against higher gas prices and parking difficulties' in his home town.

  FEfhcP5.jpg

You just mad because I got your sister to pull me out of a ditch.

Harte

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
4 minutes ago, Harte said:

You just mad because I got your sister to pull me out of a ditch.

Harte

Harte likes to be pulled off by elephants. 
Who knew?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

They're prehensile.

Harte

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Harte said:

You just mad because I got your sister to pull me out of a ditch.

Harte

Hey, it's not nice to make fun of Henrietta because she's heavy in the hips - big bones.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowSot

Apropos of nothing, I stumbled across this nice photo of Menkaures pyramid showing where work stopped on the bottom course of granite cladding. 

20210309_231831.jpg.d780a390dfd837740b69eed3c1383435.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
8 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Apropos of nothing, I stumbled across this nice photo of Menkaures pyramid showing where work stopped on the bottom course of granite cladding. 

20210309_231831.jpg.d780a390dfd837740b69eed3c1383435.jpg

Yeah the moving 'boobs' are still there and they never got the 'precision' in settings done either.

ZhltGpU.jpg

The other side to make sure the karma is correct & also the inscription placed on that side

wldA398.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanos5150
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

Apropos of nothing, I stumbled across this nice photo of Menkaures pyramid showing where work stopped on the bottom course of granite cladding. 

20210309_231831.jpg.d780a390dfd837740b69eed3c1383435.jpg

The "place and shave" (as I call it) or "trimming" method is how casing was made. The rough block is placed and shaved flat in situ. There are many unfinished examples just at Giza. Note the far left and right sides:

5823363107c45fcd31bc26945c4467a6.jpg.  

Note G2 in the background which appears to be covered in debris-it is. Huge amounts of detritus comprised of small stone chips, which would have come from making the casing, which to me says it was never finished.  

Edited by Thanos5150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.