Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Continued belief in a flat Earth

stereologist

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

Parts of that post reminded me of a Dali painting 'Madonna and Child' ... I spent near an hour in the gallery , moving up the other end of the hall (its a giant ear ! ), standing half way ( no, it is Madonna and child ' ) and then close up   ( nope, its just a bunch of black dots with a white blob in the middle , but each one, slightly different ') ... all different images from those perspectives ... that man was genius ! 

Thanks for this post. I never knew this about Dali or how magnificent his art was. I wonder if his art work is copyrighted? If not I am going to begin a project and will let you know when done.

6 hours ago, back to earth said:

Parts of that post reminded me of a Dali painting 'Madonna and Child' ... I spent near an hour in the gallery , moving up the other end of the hall (its a giant ear ! ), standing half way ( no, it is Madonna and child ' ) and then close up   ( nope, its just a bunch of black dots with a white blob in the middle , but each one, slightly different ') ... all different images from those perspectives ... that man was genius ! 

Thanks for this post. I never knew this about Dali or how magnificent his art was. I wonder if his art work is copyrighted? If not I am going to begin a project and will let you know when done.

I also loved the way you translated kaitiaki's post into a painting. You deconstructed Dali's work which is way cool.

I dunno about Dali.  The man was clever and a good self-promoter (most famous artists are) and could draw well, but there are many many others I vastly prefer -- paintings that do something for me beyond just entertainment value.  Just my opinion, mind you, as I claim no artistic ability at all.

On 20/03/2017 at 10:09 AM, Rlyeh said:

They most definitely use the Bible to support their delusion.

Overall you are right. I was just refering to the ones that try to use science to prove it. They don't all agree about the same things and really do not understand the science they try to use. I knew someone who believed in the flat earth. I couldn't believe the reasoning he had lol

• Like 1

Looking at the flat earth view of the Sun and inner planets I realize a problem. How do they get Mercury and Venus to be visible only part of the year?

The belief in a flat earth doesn't surprise me. After all, there are still a lot of people who believe in a supreme sky being watching and judging everything they do. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't the sun set everywhere at the same time if the earth was flat? How do they get around (pun intended) that?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Wouldn't the sun set everywhere at the same time if the earth was flat? How do they get around (pun intended) that?

It's really not worth asking.   The whole flat Earth idea is so dumb that it cannot stand up to any logic or science at all.   Heck, they believe anyone who reaches the "ice wall" surrounding the flat earth is killed so they cannot tell anyone.  

• Like 3

Killed if you reach the ice wall? Dumb, dumb, dumb. Perfect jaunt for tourism. Worth tons of money. Why kill a few people when you can run tours for the masses?

11 hours ago, Myles said:

It's really not worth asking.   The whole flat Earth idea is so dumb that it cannot stand up to any logic or science at all.   Heck, they believe anyone who reaches the "ice wall" surrounding the flat earth is killed so they cannot tell anyone.  

Well reaching is one thing buy reality is going alone trying to cross it will get you killed by the baren cold not even the hardy folk of the tundra could survive in.

So their is some truth in it which holds up according to unadulterated human logic that remains unindoctrinated in modern science. So don't knock it for this in part led toward human dominance and allowed for science to find a bedrock. 

Would we cut out our brain stem because the frontal lobes are the latest form of win?

And some good questions here for the Sun and Venus. Likely they have their own opinions again based on logic alone. If we don't know all their beliefs our goal of skeptic dominance over all is failing. 

Wissenschaft Uber Alles!!!

3 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

Well reaching is one thing buy reality is going alone trying to cross it will get you killed by the baren cold not even the hardy folk of the tundra could survive in.

So their is some truth in it which holds up according to unadulterated human logic that remains unindoctrinated in modern science. So don't knock it for this in part led toward human dominance and allowed for science to find a bedrock. 

Would we cut out our brain stem because the frontal lobes are the latest form of win?

And some good questions here for the Sun and Venus. Likely they have their own opinions again based on logic alone. If we don't know all their beliefs our goal of skeptic dominance over all is failing. 

Wissenschaft Uber Alles!!!

I really have no idea what you are saying. 

There is some truth in what?     There is no truth in the flat Earth fairy tale.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Myles said:

I really have no idea what you are saying. 

There is some truth in what?     There is no truth in the flat Earth fairy tale.

There is no validity in the us versus them narrative or black and white thinking either. Right and wrong, true and false all illusions. 

But it was a truth that evolved within us and helped humanity carry on. And still some consider it truth. But it has no value for our survival in a post-industrial society.

So maybe you are right but at what price? 

And fairytales for their day were the primary sources of spreading generalized information for safety when we made it out the jungle but were still in the forest. But trees have always been our safe harbor from the time we came crawling out the ocean and jumped right up into them. 

But hey even fundie pastors will scream at me saying we are not monkeys. But I will know I was there too as all my ancestors. And when he is ready he can come out that tree and quit his chest beating. 

We are in this together. I know what you are saying and don't disagree but understand where you and the rest of us came from. So while you tell flat earthers they are behind the times I gently remind you the same can be said of you by the very fact if insisting right and wrong and truth and fact are static state concepts with the added notion of you always being right and others are wrong. The first part is true but to also make it mean another is wrong is not up to sniff.

But dude it is a suckers choice when someone tells me I only have two choices. There are always options and we take better advantage of them when allowing our choices to be made in the prefrontal cortex using critical thinking. 

But even I have my monkey shine moments when acting in the lower limbic  (mammalian) or stem (reptilian)  foundation of our brains.

Each of those served their purpose in our evolution but i digress. 

You are right. So are they. You are wrong. So am I. It is being human bro.

And when we learn to rise above right and wrong we will also not react to fight or flight response. Ya it saved our butts when shtf every moment in the jungle.

But it is overkill here in modern society and takes away from critical thinking. 

Cheers, from your slithery friend, forked tongue and all. Last switch of the track now if still on this train wreck of a post. Eat the apple your eyes will open and you will see. But you are also the apple and it is time to fall off the tree. Be sure to hit Newton on the way down. 

Edited by I hide behind words
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

But it was a truth that evolved within us and helped humanity carry on. And still some consider it truth.

So maybe you are right but at what price? 

We are in this together. I know what you are saying and don't disagree but understand where you and the rest of us came from. So while you tell flat earthers they are behind the times I gently remind you the same can be said of you by the very fact if insisting right and wrong and truth and fact are static state concepts with the added notion of you always being right and others are wrong. The first part is true but to also make it mean another is wrong is not up to sniff.

The Earth being flat was never the belief of the majority of scientists.

Flat Earth believers are not behind in the times, they are mentally unstable.  Not all of them.   I think the vast majority do not really believe it, they just enjoy the back and forth.  Some people enjoy debate and choosing the underdog side makes it more challenging.  I used to do that with bigfoot.   I knew it didn't exist, but it was fun to take that side and argue for it's existence.   With the flat Earth thought, there isn't even a remote chance of it being accurate. 

• Like 2

• So you diagnose flat earthers of mental illness? Not all of them.

And that they are garden variety trolls and enjoy the debate and even find it fun.

1. They are playing a role of the underdog and you used to do this alone or all of the above?

And still you allow bigfoot a modicum of credibility but flat earth is a total lie?

ok well for the bullet point you are beyond the realms of science and evidence, and even if qualified could not diagnose someone online much less the majority of flat earthers. but agitation might increase their symptoms.

now onto the center indention, even if not trolling because both sides, them and you, enjoy the debate? and even find it fun! (can you really speak for them because everyone who left never told us this and however strong an opinion is because it was true for you in your experience it falls within the realm of anecdotal evidence and falls outside the realms of verifiable scientific fact) *but i agree this would be the idealized version of back and forth, ping pong debates of the easy going, and may i find my way back to that because you are there already

i consider myself the underdog only because my character forced me to side with those who are passionate about their beliefs and empathize with them being the brunt of hostility because when five skeptics pile on it takes a toll, and when they respond in kind they are punished for it as underdogs are, but in this specific thread which is not debating any paranormal belief but discusses the posters who are believers, and in my opinion which could be wrong, debate has rules and disallows ad hominem attacks such as they are mentally ill, they flip flop positions so might read how it was characterized and feel bad or not...but let me end this now by doing just that and say that playing the underdog for fun is never as pleasant or healthy as playing the devil's advocate and having your position respected and returning it, but whenever I play the devil's advocate i offer caveat....another flip flop but you are right you all have treated me well and this has been enjoyable but i would have not known without you telling me such, so let me be the first believer to say that i too agree that i enjoy this but it is still just the opinion of many skeptics perhaps and this one believer so remains in the realm an anecdotal evidence so is not a scientific fact but true for me and you now when at first i did not realize what was happening and instead was suffering viscerally through my also unverified view that they must have all felt bad and left.

as a note for the last ,hould claim as being on the side of truth and fact, they might also suffer from the bias of dualism, which is black and white thinking, or even fall short of science in a demand science and you accept them but while science can investigate and reveal the rules of how their logical system works it cannot claim dominion of folklorist for by nature it is in the realm of the lay man, so any criticism is just criticism and not scientific in and of itself, just as their criticism is also criticism and falls outside the realm of folkore but in turn they could enrich their catalog of lore by making science and you a character in one of their theories, I nominate you receive the roll of The Skeptic Who Scares Believers aka Mr. Boo but I would argue with them and tell them I believe Boo is Bae and just doing what many do to those they endear when playing boo, but this is meant to honor your avatar which I admire but also because my personal logic leads me toward interpreting what others fear as good even when I fall short of that mark myself.

To continue the last point but the most important one I can offer today deserves it's own post because it will fall within the framework of scientific thought while remaining free of any other commentary with the exception of this explanation and to have fun with it by saying I am again flip flopping.

Your claim to superior accuracy on your part and none on theirs would tell us that your accuracy, that is being on the side of science and fact, truth and right, might be so but that would also be admitting your precision is off.

Would you agree that if you are super accurate you then lack precision?

Because science itself tells us that we sacrifice precision to increase accuracy and thus greater precision leads to diminished accuracy.

Or did you just say this in passing that you are accurate with the insinuation you hit the mark precisely and not basing your claim to either the way the scientific theory of accuracy and precision does?

7 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

To continue the last point but the most important one I can offer today deserves it's own post because it will fall within the framework of scientific thought while remaining free of any other commentary with the exception of this explanation and to have fun with it by saying I am again flip flopping.

Your claim to superior accuracy on your part and none on theirs would tell us that your accuracy, that is being on the side of science and fact, truth and right, might be so but that would also be admitting your precision is off.

Would you agree that if you are super accurate you then lack precision?

Because science itself tells us that we sacrifice precision to increase accuracy and thus greater precision leads to diminished accuracy.

Or did you just say this in passing that you are accurate with the insinuation you hit the mark precisely and not basing your claim to either the way the scientific theory of accuracy and precision does?

There is NOT a chance that the Earth is flat.    There is way too much to disprove it.   I worry about you if you are seriously giving it any real concern.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 8:21 AM, FLOMBIE said:

The belief in a flat earth doesn't surprise me. After all, there are still a lot of people who believe in a supreme sky being watching and judging everything they do. 

While not a believer in God as the old man in the sky, which many believers of many faiths do not even if many inaccurately portray a belief in God in those simplistic and childish terms.

But yes, the divine is always watching us from above but also from below, on the side of us, next to you because I wish the best for you and believe the divine will provide that making my wish whimsy but a bit lacking in my own faith for I should say I know the divine will provide the best for you, and most importantly the abode of the divine is within us, and that our highest capability of aligning ourselves with the divine and acting as its agent is by utilizing our ability of critical thinking which is the uppermost product delivered to us through evolution and also high above in our heads, higher than operating from our loins, gut, brain stem (which we got as reptiles and we all revert to at times when acting like a reptilian), the limbic system which evolved when we became mammals (moo), and the neocortex which only humans have so far. Of course allowing them all to work in tandem is ideal but when we are on attack mode constantly we are being controlled by the lower mind, when we react to the fight or flight impulse we jump like deer or charge like the lion, but if we use those less because they take up valuable processing power, we can use critical thinking which has led to the highest achievements of humanity, and that to me allows us to become the divine itself and understand even the rocks sing and animals communicate which we are and at many times do not even aware of what we are communicating.

This is one of the goals of religion for us to rise upward by using our processing and computing power to its optimal condition, Jesus might have simply mastered all and surpassed even the neocortex so only went one step higher than critical thinking and that ability itself could offer the illusion that one has risen into the sky, When I master it and by chance have an audience I will sink into the ground and then step out of you and say come with I know the way to do this,

All other miracles and even minor phenomena like poltergeist are mere hints of what we are capable of, Thank you evolution and God too for before the Draper-White thesis was developed, which is a scientific fallacy now but was considered science by those two then and others, religion saw the divine in both their sacred texts which includes liturgy, song, doing the humble work of helping others as much as you can, the leaders of religion also saw science as revealing the divine to us little by little, And it was Augustine I believe who said there are two divine books the one I just described and the laws of nature. And if science reveals nature disagrees with our interpretation of what is written in a holy text, then it is not science who is wrong but our own interpretation of how we practice our faith and understand our Bibles and Korans, so we must then go back and correct our interpretation.

The draper-white thesis went against all that claiming that faith and science are at odds and one kills the other either through persecution of scientist and rational belief or by science being the ultimate arbiter of truth and illuminations which would reveal faith as hoax and more would leave. Of course their error might have been an experience of a religion in a certain time and place that did have friction with science so they claimed their specific localized experience as fact that can be applied universally. From there it took a life of its own leading to non believers using science as a tool to claim faith is fake and for fools when actual science proves positive forms of faith offer personal and social benefits and that is why we created it or maybe it was also an evolutionary trait that was beneficial for the progress of human evolution.

And the media has made it a hot topic to report the draper white thesis in action by only telling us the profitable and sensational battles that take place. But for me faith and science are both divine and can be used for their optimal benefits instead of forgoing one or the other. It has also been revealed friction is normal between the two for faith is based on preserving tradition while science is based on pushing us forward so there is a average of a 20 year lag between what science informs us for religion to align itself with science and incorporate it. This also led to the now debunked draper white thesis.

So if we can understand that they always agree in the end we can take from it and others, the best of both even if we now prefer one over the other or choose both, we can avoid being caught complaining about lag, Because that is what it really is but we make great fuss and drama, heartache and enemies over it. It is just lag and if you wish to decrease it respect both so that religion can keep up pace with science without sacrificing tradition but elimination the lag it causes. When the scientific community chooses to blast this to the lay person by exposing that the main characters who are scientist in this drama are not practicing science or defending it but profiting off the now debunked draper white thesis,

I choose to believe in science and because of it I am free of the illusion that faith and science are at war and because of that it allows me one more area to better practice my faith. So science does indeed help improve my relation with the divine and the divine thus far offers me to be content that yes we are being watched always by the eyes of the divine and if some want to claim it is an old man in the sky i will say nay it is the eyes of a mother who always see their children and care for them, So yes I am saying my version of the wrathful old man is the caring mother who accepts all her children just as they are from toddler to adult and will always forgive, help, remove dangerous obstacles, place before us beneficial conditions, and who has known her child in the womb, sometimes before they were even born, but my version knows us better from single cell organism, sea creature, ground crawler, walking reptilian, tree dweller, and now human but sees far into the future preparing our growth into divine just as she is,

43 minutes ago, Myles said:

There is NOT a chance that the Earth is flat.    There is way too much to disprove it.   I worry about you if you are seriously giving it any real concern.

I don't understand the intricacies of it and the want to know intrigues me. While some treat is like a random sighting of big foot and pretend to believe in it for the mere challenge of playing the underdog, I wish to know the underlying reasons that makes it tick within folk, that would not end with modern science proving we are a spherical earth on an elliptic orbit around a sun that has a birth and death just as we do within the rules of how the mechanics of it work on the surface.

But ending there and claiming hard science says this end of topic not interested in lies others profit on, I respect their belief as much as mine, but more so I am interested in what all other academic disciplines has to tell us why flat eathers believe as they do. Only then will I reveal what I learn from all of academi to flat earthers because it is easier to help another improve themselves by revealing how their mind, body, others, history, the environment operate among other factors.

This also removes me from either condemnation of either you or them, for I know the earth is spherical too, for now even if it was not always, and because we see reality through filters it could have other properties that our sciences has yet to discover, but I also know they are humans like me and some of the same things that make them tick and the conditions that create us also work in me.

But if wanting to keep it simple they already know I believe the earth is spherical and it is not worth fighting over plus now I am intrigued and wish to learn exactly all they believe for starters and await modern sciences to tell me more about why it exists and what purpose if any it fill so I can improve myself.

I worry about myself too so thank you, I worry about those who found no refuge here which is a greater truth that I aspire to operate under, and I worry about you in general as a person, but now I wish us all the best.

I will report back any flat earth ideas to you all for dissection. If their belief set is more expansive that what we have discussed here.

• Like 1

The difference between a belief in flat Earth and bigfoot is that a flat Earth is easy to show as a false idea. Anyone can travel and see that a few hundred miles of travel changes the position of the stars in the sky. A homemade astrolabe can show that Polaris is moving relative to the horizon. A visit to a science museum shows the Foucault pendulum in action. These are all things we can see and experience. Bigfoot on the other requires the labor of many people to determine that an area has no large primate in it. It doesn't take a large area sweep to show that the Earth is not flat.

Remember we do not have to determine the shape of the Earth to determine that it is not flat.

Another important point to remember is that it has been a very long time since people believed in a flat Earth. That was well before there was such a thing as we call science today. Science today is only a few hundred years old. Go back several millennia and you learn that flat Earth was taught as a rule, and not a learned experience. It works for much of what we do. You can farm a field, build a house, and tend to livestock without knowing the shape of the Earth. But try to navigate greater and greater distances and then you notice things do not work out as expected.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

true and false all illusions. 

Not when it comes to things like a flat Earth. Sorry dude, but the Earth is objectively and provably round. No amount of hand-waving will change that.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 5:07 PM, I hide behind words said:

I also claim those illusory forces such as time which is due to gravity  (not the apple falling but a greater gravity akin to the moon orbiting and then us around the sun).

You post is hard to follow , syntax and stuff   ;   " I also claim those illusory forces such as time which is due to gravity "   ( we can remove the bracketed bit as it is a qualifier )  ... we can remove this as it is a further explanation of 'time' ;   " which is due to gravity " .

I am left with  " I also claim those illusory forces such as time "     ?      - not being grammatically picky for the sake of it , just explaining why its hard to answer you .

But I see some interesting ideas somewhere in there , so let's push on . 

Gravity goes from top to bottom herein the surface but always falling around us as in the moon.

Top to bottom is relative ...  especially on a map .  I am supposed to live  'down under' , but,  a sphere floating in space has no top or bottom. 

I dont know what inserting 'herein the surface '  means ?     Maybe a better war to say that (if I understand you ) is ;  gravitation force attracts  from outside  towards the inside centre of  'mass' . 

There is no  'falling  around' unless another directional vector is in play , with orbits it involves a vector force that has become near perpendicular to the force towards the centre of the mass. 

But all that with the understanding that this is all a simulation. The globe is nice and as good as a city map when compared to the globe.

Reality is beyond all that for a better map would also chart time and space...it would make our globe lacking as a city map is for it only contains narrow information within local boundaries.

It would overcomplicate things beyond a useful purpose , but  ideally I can see the point ,  perhaps  as a physical map form  it could be overlaid with clear sheets showing different levels of force operating .  Look at an atlas, it has maps showing populations density, different maps showing countries - political divisions , ones for vegetation ... even google maps has the option to remove or include things.

Imagine all the different types of world maps in atlas , all shown on one map ,  you would not be able to read it .

Now imagine the sphere but then add those papermen who hold hands after cutting one and opening it.

That probably makes sense in your own imaginings , but  ....     lets say ' its a little obscure ' .  What are you referring to or implying here ?

Each man in that chain is you for every second. And then make more paper men chains for all other life. This would be a step up.

Even that is too linear and again time in one direction from past to future is illusion.

Now that is a more defined statement and I can see that ... except I would add that it isnt an illusion so much as 'one of the ways ' of viewing things . 

The Tralfamadorian view on this is very interesting !   ( Now, I am being obscure  ?  Not really, as  one can look that  term up   ;)  ) 

But it would be a start if including those links but for spheres too. Each link would again represent the earth in all it's phases from formation to end...

Ahh !  Is this what you meant by the above 'paper cutouts' ? 

We could also do that with the earth's position in space ; show every point it occupied as a line ;

tumblr_nu1ctsWoJI1qdz33bo1_400.gif

tl;dr version the globe we have now is pretty flat and in the future we will have a more dynamic map which includes space and time

Education if taken as knowledge that transforms and forms us and not just by rote can be maddening. Einstein was probably bat spit crazy. 

We already have those maps , check em out . Its just a little complex to have everything we know so far on one map  ! 

Of course some without formal education are still plagued by the madness of Solomon's vanity but lack discipline. Raptor Witness either has a PhD but ignores the discipline or is the lay genius type and lacks it for never learning it.

The dude is a genius and the more people disagree with him the more it is proven to my observing eyes. 

tl;dr Raptor Witness is a genius. And all those we disagree with most teach us as part of that kind of antagonisctic discourse.

Looks like he has a fan . 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2017 at 5:14 PM, I hide behind words said:

Most know the closest way from A to B on a map is to fold it.

And most know the map is nit the territory ....  to think so is one of the oldest mistakes in philosophy, hermetics and  .... orienteering ! 

Dude  ... your example is fantasy as a map is a tool to help us get somewhere ... you on mountain a and want to get to mountain b ... you cant just fold the landscape ?

One suspects you are trying to use some pop 'understanding' of theoretical physics and mathematical models  and insert them into day to reality ?  On this 'size scale '  

We can do same here and now. 

A declaration is not a demonstration . 

So another manipulation of the simulation we are in would be to make the Earth flat as the map above shows. 

In theoretical fantasy we can . 

The another to turn it inside out so the north pole is now the edge. 

And as an atom can be in two places at once so would the two entangled Earths I just described.

No .  What makes you think 'an atom' can do that  ?    A gain, it seems ;  " One suspects you are trying to use some pop 'understanding' of theoretical physics and mathematical models  and insert them into day to reality ?  On this 'size scale ' ".

But as i have been fanciful

:rolleyes:

let me continue to say I would prefer a Mobius Strip Earth shape. Except your twin is always on the other side and as you move they move so we never meet.

'Twin'  ?    You mean , some sort of 'doppleganger'  ?  

Warning, don't open the hidden text unless you agree to read it as it is a spell for someone. 

Reveal hidden contents

....until now as I am digging a hole under someone who used to wonder about doing it themselves to reach China. But instead of China you will end up meeting your other self but not in person at first. Expect it to happen soon when someone reading this will begin to think using both their's and their twin's mind. 

Please let me know when it happens...you will be confused at first.

Again , this probably means a lot more to yourself than others . 

If you want people to follow your thought processes you might have to explain them a little more clearly, and leave out the gaps ( that is the gaps in the things you worked out in your head, but didnt explain them . it makes things hold together for you, but not for others and makes it seem 'full of holes' .    

On 3/22/2017 at 5:43 PM, I hide behind words said:

Thanks for this post. I never knew this about Dali or how magnificent his art was.

Seriously !     The man was an insane genius !     

I spent more than an hour looking at a few square inches of sea surface he painted in 'Tuna Fishing' .... phenomenal !   A little bit back and it is photographic , come forward and ..... no, I can see the paint and brushmarks  ... of course, nothing but the original does justice but ; 

tuna-fishing.jpg

I wonder if his art work is copyrighted?

:D      Of course it is !  Its worth mahzillions !

If not I am going to begin a project and will let you know when done.

It is !   Careful ! 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 6:30 PM, Frank Merton said:

I dunno about Dali.  The man was clever and a good self-promoter (most famous artists are) and could draw well, but there are many many others I vastly prefer -- paintings that do something for me beyond just entertainment value.  Just my opinion, mind you, as I claim no artistic ability at all.

Okay , but Dali's artwork is considered to WAY  beyond mere 'entertainment value '  ....   and then there is the whole philosophy and aim of Surrealism itself . 

[ Dali could .... " draw well '  ..........        :o       O ... M  .....   G   .....    !   ] 

bda5db51bc2f9961c3361e0c641b38cc.jpg

Frank  ... if you get a chance , go and look at an original 

salvador-dali-museum-st-petersburg-flori

• Like 2