Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant 706-carat diamond found

seeder

why cant I find stuff like this!!

Christian pastor discovers a giant 706-carat diamond in Sierra Leone which could be the 10th largest EVER found and worth more than £50 MILLION

Emmanuel Momoh found the precious stone in the eastern Kono region  
    It will be sold by a 'transparent' bidding process but may leave the country  
    Expert Paul Zimnisky said it is impossible to value the rare gem at this stage

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4320300/Sierra-Leone-pastor-unearths-massive-706-carat-diamond.html#ixzz4bZhFWA3B

• Like 7

I wish there was a better picture for scale, but it looks huge.

• Like 5

Sambodee geet Danny Archer onn thee rrraydeeo

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Handing it over to a corrupt government, I'm sure that money will get put to good use

I totally agree. Absolute waste. I don't care which government your talking about all corrupt, crony, disgusting entities. If he wanted to do good, he could of sold it, put the money in a bank account and started programs himself to help people. Talk about God giveth to the stupid.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, goodgodno said:

Handing it over to a corrupt government, I'm sure that money will get put to good use

Yea he should have smuggled it out himself, then he could actually just buy the supplies his people need and have them shipped over. This money has a very low chance of reaching the people now, and even if it does it will be a couple hundred grand worth for the publicity.

• Like 1

Immediately gave some of the primary lowest labor workers houses like Governor's house and all workers low to High positions now have Landcruisers, the rest in the community received houses and Leer jets, so nice of them what a great story, does my heart good.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Wow. That's one big diamond. Wonder what the result of the cutting will be.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, pallidin said:

Wow. That's one big diamond. Wonder what the result of the cutting will be.

Generally speaking, when a big diamond is cut properly it produces gem stones that can individually be sold for lots and lots of money.

• Like 1

If I found it I would be telling my employer, See Ya!.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:11 PM, goodgodno said:

I surprised the Pastor didn't feel The Church could make good use of the funds from the diamond's sale.

And BTW - Hawkin - I so agree!

3 hours ago, Brooksey said:

Idiot giving it to one of the most corrupt governments in world politics. Crazy fool!

Didn't he have to?

• Like 1