Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N.a.s.a

Paul !

I have now officially concluded that I'm a 'light weight' in all forms of drinking. The amount of C8H10N4O2 in badeskov's and ShadowSot's coffee must be staggering!

• Like 1

I like what coffee does to me.  It makes me alert, happy, friendly, aware, able to do boring tasks without getting bored.  Of course too much coffee makes me jittery and it should be drunk strong and black (sugar, including the sugar in milk, in liquid form is damn hard on the liver and pancreas).

I start my day with coffee, then switch to green tea about noon, and then to hard water about four pm.  It is a great routine I suggest for everyone.

Just now, Lilly said:

I have now officially concluded that I'm a 'light weight' in all forms of drinking. The amount of C8H10N4O2 in badeskov's and ShadowSot's coffee must be staggering!

I actually have the same issue with sauces. If they do not need to be sliced it with a knife, it is not a sauce, ahem. :rolleyes: 

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

Just now, Frank Merton said:

I like what coffee does to me.  It makes me alert, happy, friendly, aware, able to do boring tasks without getting bored.  

OK, that last part I never learned somehow.

Of course too much coffee makes me jittery and it should be drunk strong and black (sugar, including the sugar in milk, in liquid form is damn hard on the liver and pancreas).

Well, here too. But typically after a full pot.

I start my day with coffee, then switch to green tea about noon, and then to hard water about four pm.  It is a great routine I suggest for everyone.

I can't do tea, I just cant. And certainly not green tea.

Cheers,
Badeskov

58 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Anger management issues? Now that is funny. You really think your posts here raises my blood pressure even one tiny bit?

Cheers,
Badeskov

How would I know what raises your blood pressure? 

Well, I guess we went a tad OT, but since the OP hasn't been back to answer any questions or concerns, I guess a small detour is ok......

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

How would I know what raises your blood pressure? 

You don't, thus I just told you that your posts (or any other here for that matter), does not raise my blood pressure thus upsetting me/making me angry/etc. That you don't like my opinion is really your problem to be honest. I will voice my opinion and be done with it.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badeskov said:

OK, that last part I never learned somehow.

Well, here too. But typically after a full pot.

I can't do tea, I just cant. And certainly not green tea.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Try the tea ice cold after you've been working in the yard.  I use to have a beer, and that is wonderful, but tends to be belly-building.  Tea works the same wonder.  Most teas have some caffeine, so I stop in the afternoon to assure good rest later.

I might comment that in the morning before even getting up I usually have the equivalent of four or five cups of strong coffee -- that may explain why I'm pretty much un-bore-able in the morning.  My system is use to it, so I do fine, but if I drink coffee later in the day I do get jittery and my blood pressure doesn't behave, so I switch.

• Like 1

Oh I have a pretty good idea about my blood pressure.  For several months I had a continuous monitor on.  What you think raises blood pressure is what does.   My blood pressure is always higher than it should be, as I don't get enough exercise and weigh a little too much, and pills, while they help, only do about twenty percent of what is needed.  

Temper is worst, as well as irritation, insufficient sleep, the need to go to the bathroom when put off, sneezing and coughing, any infection, any pain, grief, and ordinary conversation -- especially with people who interrupt you.

54 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Try the tea ice cold after you've been working in the yard.

Actually, since I am an independent contractor these days, I get to do a lot of garden work (I thought I could spend some time on the couch, but magically the wife's to do list appeared out of nowhere (who would have thunk it). Water with lemon and grapes after having been out in the sun is my miracle cure, sometimes with mint also (damn, those b*****s grow fast). And then some more coffee when I get into the shade. 

54 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I use to have a beer, and that is wonderful, but tends to be belly-building.  Tea works the same wonder.  Most teas have some caffeine, so I stop in the afternoon to assure good rest later.

I might comment that in the morning before even getting up I usually have the equivalent of four or five cups of strong coffee -- that may explain why I'm pretty much un-bore-able in the morning.  My system is use to it, so I do fine, but if I drink coffee later in the day I do get jittery and my blood pressure doesn't behave, so I switch.

Sounds like my schedule, absent the tea.

Cheers,
Badeskov

53 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Oh I have a pretty good idea about my blood pressure.  For several months I had a continuous monitor on.  What you think raises blood pressure is what does.   My blood pressure is always higher than it should be, as I don't get enough exercise and weigh a little too much, and pills, while they help, only do about twenty percent of what is needed.  

Temper is worst, as well as irritation, insufficient sleep, the need to go to the bathroom when put off, sneezing and coughing, any infection, any pain, grief, and ordinary conversation -- especially with people who interrupt you.

I taught grad students for a total of 16 years. Nothing on a discussion forum like this can get my blood pressure up. I will, however, state my honest opinion based on how I perceive posts.    

Cheers,
Badeskov

15 hours ago, Lilly said:

Well, badeskov has good reason to dilute DHMO with Scotch. I'm sure the Scotch serves to counter at least some of the dangerous effects of Dihydrogen Monoxide. NASA has been looking for this dangerous compound on Mars no less!  Yes, NASA is searching for it in various locations...what are they up to?

DHMO information: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

Perhaps in small doses, ingestion of DHMO can help to build resistance to chem-trails?

badeskov what did you get your phd in? I'm the complete opposite end of the spectrum, got through high school by the skin of my teeth. 

44 minutes ago, internetperson said:

badeskov what did you get your phd in? I'm the complete opposite end of the spectrum, got through high school by the skin of my teeth. 

Basically I specialized in optical communication systems, a mix of laser physics (nasty b*****s them) and electronic engineering (to be able to control the former nasty b*****s). Started out and worked with antennas and radar systems to begin with, but got interested in optical comms. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

So if I had the money to pay you you could pinpoint why a ras-pi is having voltage issues and continually rebooting in a dc application (my tacoma)? This has been the source of much profanity in my life.

17 minutes ago, internetperson said:

So if I had the money to pay you you could pinpoint why a ras-pi is having voltage issues and continually rebooting in a dc application (my tacoma)? This has been the source of much profanity in my life.

You don't need to send me money. Can you tell me the exact model number and what exactly you are experiencing? Sounds like a bad cap to me, although without actually being able to poke and prod the board it is hard to tell.

may I ask what you are using the board for? Are you pulling too much current out of it or is it some really low noise application?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
Typo
  • Like 2

I really appreciate any advice you can give me, this project is much more than a personal mod to my truck. Very, very long story. Will shoot you a PM tomorrow if that's okay (getting late). If you want info like physically seeing meter readings for yourself I can do that but again it's late. 

I have a lot of ideas for the ras but I can't get the damn thing to stay on. It's been a while since I messed with it (got a few projects) but I remember it essentially booting, then restarting. It would show a little pixel thingy on the top of the screen (which is apparently a voltage warning?). Wouldn't last more than a minute from what I remember. So I never actually got to do anything with it. I suspect that I could run the ras but the touchscreen may be drawing too much amperage. They're connected and use the same power source. 

I've taken basic dc electric from a local community college so I'm good with typical automotive gremlins but this is really challenging. 

It's a model b. Here's what she looks like in the tacoma, notice the lack of doing anything other than sitting there and looking pretty haha:

2017-02-17_07-31-59

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, internetperson said:

I really appreciate any advice you can give me, this project is much more than a personal mod to my truck. Very, very long story. Will shoot you a PM tomorrow if that's okay (getting late). If you want info like physically seeing meter readings for yourself I can do that but again it's late. 

I have a lot of ideas for the ras but I can't get the damn thing to stay on. It's been a while since I messed with it (got a few projects) but I remember it essentially booting, then restarting. It would show a little pixel thingy on the top of the screen (which is apparently a voltage warning?). Wouldn't last more than a minute from what I remember. So I never actually got to do anything with it. I suspect that I could run the ras but the touchscreen may be drawing too much amperage. They're connected and use the same power source. 

I've taken basic dc electric from a local community college so I'm good with typical automotive gremlins but this is really challenging. 

It's a model b. Here's what she looks like in the tacoma, notice the lack of doing anything other than sitting there and looking pretty haha:

2017-02-17_07-31-59

Let me have a look when you have a chance to send me some info. I rather enjoy this kinda stuff.

cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

100% will do. I'll send you a PM about the different things I've tried. Nearly reached my wits end and went the IPad route but that's kind of a cop out.

3 hours ago, badeskov said:

I taught grad students for a total of 16 years. Nothing on a discussion forum like this can get my blood pressure up. I will, however, state my honest opinion based on how I perceive posts.    

Cheers,
Badeskov

Yea blood pressure is an individual thing and what things do to one person may not to another.  Mine stays higher than it should be most of the time (I measure it every evening) but not so high as to cause the doctor to do anything other than give me some pills to take and tell me to exercise.

I don't know about what individual posts might do to my blood pressure, but sometimes people say things that make me furious, so I figure my blood pressure is probably up there.

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

Wow, and I used to think that Dunkin' Donuts dark roast was strong...guess not.

:huh:

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

You live in Boston and don't go to Dunkees?

They water it down too much. I buy the beans, grind them and brew at home and work.

But that :huh: was because you think Dunkees dark roast is strong.

ETA: Though, I know many people that think a medium roast is strong, so...

Edited by MstrMsn
additional stuff

It appears I like very weak coffee (my son says it's like dishwater). I think it's because I'm kind of hyper to begin with...if I drank the stuff you guys do I'd probably be awake for a week!

8 hours ago, badeskov said:

Actually, since I am an independent contractor these days, I get to do a lot of garden work (I thought I could spend some time on the couch, but magically the wife's to do list appeared out of nowhere (who would have thunk it). Water with lemon and grapes after having been out in the sun is my miracle cure, sometimes with mint also (damn, those b*****s grow fast). And then some more coffee when I get into the shade. 

Sounds like my schedule, absent the tea.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Have you tried water with lemon, cucumber and mint? 

• The topic was locked