Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dark being around my home. Explanations?

Jjrtd91

Okay, I'm new here and I don't know if I can post something like this, but I have a question. I live out in the country, where there is no cell service, or many modern amenities. My home sits beside a creek. I grew up just two houses away from where I currently live. When I was a around 15 or so, my mother and I saw  what looked like a tall, thin man in a dark trench coat and what looked like a top hat in the middle of our road that goes by the house. He walked with a slow gait, almost had to look twice to see if it was moving. He then vanished right before our eyes. Fast forward 10 years, and my wife and I are living just two houses away from where I grew up. Everything was perfect there, until my wife and I were on an atv, riding on the road by our home. She happened to look back and saw him, and screamed. Once I was able to stop, she told me what she saw and described him to a T. She had no prior knowledge of this thing, as I, nor anyone else had told her about it. About another month goes by, and it being winter, I had my German Shepherd inside. When nature called, I took him outside on his leash. Now, my yard leads directly to the creek. The creek is only 6-8 feet wide at that area, and on the other side of the creek is the road that goes past my home. He must have saw it before I did, because he perked up, and every hair on him stood up and he began to growl. I began to look to see if I could see what he was getting so angry at, and when I looked across the creek, there he stood. It was like he was staring through me. Never got even a glimpse of his face, but it was him.(I might add here that I've never seen his face) He simply vanished again. Two weeks ago, my wife and I had came back from town, and it was already 9pm or so, and I was carrying groceries in when I heard someone crying for help. It sounded like the voice of a small child. On up the road from my home, there is a sharp curve that leads down to the creek. Once you are past my bridge, there are no other homes for a mile or so. I thought maybe someone had wrecked in that curve, so I went looking. I got to my bridge, and looked for headlights or tail lights in the creek or on the bank,but I saw none, so I turned my flashlight on, and when I looked in the creek, about 20 feet ahead of me stood this thing, again. I calmly turned and returned to my house. I found out through some research, that a little girl had drowned in that creek right in front of my house back in the early 1900's. What do you guys think it is? Could it have been calling out for help to try and trick someone? Any ideas are appreciated.

3 hours ago, Jjrtd91 said:

Okay, I'm new here and I don't know if I can post something like this, but I have a question. I live out in the country, where there is no cell service, or many modern amenities. My home sits beside a creek. I grew up just two houses away from where I currently live. When I was a around 15 or so, my mother and I saw  what looked like a tall, thin man in a dark trench coat and what looked like a top hat in the middle of our road that goes by the house. He walked with a slow gait, almost had to look twice to see if it was moving. He then vanished right before our eyes. Fast forward 10 years, and my wife and I are living just two houses away from where I grew up. Everything was perfect there, until my wife and I were on an atv, riding on the road by our home. She happened to look back and saw him, and screamed. Once I was able to stop, she told me what she saw and described him to a T. She had no prior knowledge of this thing, as I, nor anyone else had told her about it. About another month goes by, and it being winter, I had my German Shepherd inside. When nature called, I took him outside on his leash. Now, my yard leads directly to the creek. The creek is only 6-8 feet wide at that area, and on the other side of the creek is the road that goes past my home. He must have saw it before I did, because he perked up, and every hair on him stood up and he began to growl. I began to look to see if I could see what he was getting so angry at, and when I looked across the creek, there he stood. It was like he was staring through me. Never got even a glimpse of his face, but it was him.(I might add here that I've never seen his face) He simply vanished again. Two weeks ago, my wife and I had came back from town, and it was already 9pm or so, and I was carrying groceries in when I heard someone crying for help. It sounded like the voice of a small child. On up the road from my home, there is a sharp curve that leads down to the creek. Once you are past my bridge, there are no other homes for a mile or so. I thought maybe someone had wrecked in that curve, so I went looking. I got to my bridge, and looked for headlights or tail lights in the creek or on the bank,but I saw none, so I turned my flashlight on, and when I looked in the creek, about 20 feet ahead of me stood this thing, again. I calmly turned and returned to my house. I found out through some research, that a little girl had drowned in that creek right in front of my house back in the early 1900's. What do you guys think it is? Could it have been calling out for help to try and trick someone? Any ideas are appreciated.

To start , areas around much water have been known to increase the chances of paranormal activity by a lot because spirits are not able to cross bodies of water. The idea of a little girl being there can definitely be possible but, it is hard to even imagine a child not moving on after death. A child is so innocent and does not have much reason to stay back in the after life. What kind of unfinished business would a child have? So the fact of it being a kid is rare but it still could be possible. Some mean entities have been known to mock children or other types of voices as well to fool and lead you into their trap. So until you know for sure that it doesn't have bad intentions do not open yourself up to this spirit. But, this spirit has not tried to harm you or do anything bad so I don't think you have anything to worry about or be scared of. You could have possibly heard a women talk but a little high pitched so it sounded quite similar to a child, or it actually could have been a child. The man you have been seeing might have been someone who also died there. As well, dogs are very sensitive to paranormal activity so the fact that your dog reacted in such a way helps back up it may be paranormal.Whatever you do just be safe and don't open yourself up to whatever you may be experiencing. Hoped this helped and be safe out there!

• Like 1

DO NOT allow or invite anything in,not long before me and my partner met he found the swing in their garden swinging by itself, laughing,he opened the door and said "why don't you just come in?"

Very soon after his children talked about playing with a little boy,the children went to live with their mother not long after.when we got together things started to happen,what followed was a demonic haunting that we somehow got through.

It's very true that demons and bad entities disguise themselves as children or a spirit in need,I have been experiencing the paranormal since I was a very young child,very little bothers or scares me,but what followed for us was absolutely horrendous,I am possibly going to post what happened to us,so PLEASE,be very careful,take care x