Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[New] Forum Upgrade and Blogger

Saru

The forum has now been upgraded to the latest release of Invision Board, version 2.0.3. This version fixes a number of issues and also includes a few new features. Changes and additions include:

UM Blogs

The forum now features a complete integrated blogging system, all members can now host their own blogs on Unexplained Mysteries, which feature all the usual blogging tools and options available on most commerical bloggers. Member blogs can be viewed by clicking "Blogs" in the menu at the top of the forum. Full blogging options are also available from the user control panel.

To make your own blog, you first need to activate it. This can be down by going into 'My Controls' and clicking the 'My Blog Settings' option on the top left hand side - then click "Activate Your Blog". Once your blog has been activated, you will see a 'My Blog' option on the forum at the top which will take you straight to it.

More information on how to set up and write your own blogs can be found here.

Firefox compatability

The UM forum is now configured to correctly display in Mozilla Firefox, previously a number of graphical glitches were present that have been ironed out. The forum should now appear properly in all major browsers.

Design changes

A number of issues with the design have been fixed, alignment and justification issues, as well as incomplete tables and other similar problems have been fixed.

There are a large number of minor changes which are too numerous to list here.

A few glitches are still present that will be fixed over the next few days as well as the return of the chat counter, if you discover any bugs or problems please let me know. Thanks thumbsup.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• man_in_mudboots

• Daughter of the Nine Moons

• The Banana Pie Eater!

Great updates SaRuMaN. I think the blogs are going to be a great addition to this site as well. I already have mine grin2.gif

Awesome!

Fantastic! I wasa wondering when the blogs were coming!

The best site on the web just got better. The the design updates are fab. However in some aspects i find it a little blocky looking. Like the squares around the number pages under the topic title, just my opinion.

Yay! This is great Saru!

oh can we automaticly get any sent PM's added to the sent file without having to click on the box (like it was before)....pretty please grin2.gif

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons

Nice new design Saru thumbsup.gif

When the site was down for a short amount of time I assumed the worst...

That pyrokinetic Reptillians from the Bush Administration, with their UFO riding buddy Jesus, had hacked the site in an attempt to silence us!

YAY! Once again a great job Saruman, the site looks better than ever!

That's the chat counter and spell checker back, the spell checker will now also work in the blogger aswell.

The PM "add to sent items" checkbox will now also be checked by default. thumbsup.gif

In addition, the main site RSS news feed should now generate an RSS icon in Firefox on the front page to show that it is there. This option will not work on IE however which does not support RSS feed integration.

The PM "add to sent items" checkbox will now also be checked by default.  thumbsup.gif

432926[/snapback]

Wierd, mine always were saved by default!

Nice changes saru yes.gifw00t.gif

looks nice. although, i dont know about these blog thingys. remember that period of three or four months when everybody was posting in the General section, and everything else on the board almost died? lots of people left, lots of people lost intrest in the forums, and it ended up having to be re-ordered. i have a vague, unfounded fear that these blog things are going to start something just like that.

err...umm.. *trying best not to look stupid, failing miserably!* .....whats a blog ..?

Edited by LittleIrishVampiress

whats a blog

You can find a full description of what a blog is - Here

remember that period of three or four months when everybody was posting in the General section, and everything else on the board almost died? lots of people left, lots of people lost intrest in the forums, and it ended up having to be re-ordered. i have a vague, unfounded fear that these blog things are going to start something just like that.

That is a common misconception, there never was such a period. At the time a couple of folk started complaining about there being too many off-topic posts (in the off-topic board, bizarrely) and made a big issue out of it, however what they were saying was unfounded and incorrect. There were about two or three people who lost interest and left, and those were the ones who started the complaints in the first place. The topical sections of the board did not almost die, in fact at the time the forum was enjoying it's highest traffic ever up to that point.

oh........okay. i guess that makes sense. but then, why did the forums have to be re-arranged, with the off-topic stuff after the unexplained stuff?

Because it was decided that the on-topic sections should be listed above the off-topic sections, a change which in any case did not occur at the same time as the beforementioned complaints, but quite a while afterwards.

Anyway this thread is for reporting bugs with the new forum upgrade, not for discussing forum changes that happened years ago.

Thanks SaRuMan. I love all the changes you are making.

Its great to see the site as it should be...thanks SaRu.

Now going off to check out the blogging thang grin2.gif

BTW...why is it always when Im off that all the changes happen?...I was sooo confused after being away for a while and then all this...Im not complaining though.