Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's scary to think of the damage this guy could have done if he had access to firearms.

Apparently having access to a vehicle is all you need.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

True, a car can be a deadly weapon. There seems to be a rise in their use for attacks.

Still, think if the guy had had a gun instead of a knife to attack the police. There would have been way more casualties than one stabbing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

True, a car can be a deadly weapon. There seems to be a rise in their use for attacks.T

Maybe because access to guns is limited? If the tactic is effective, the terrorists will continue to use it. There are a lot more cars on the road than guns (in the UK,) and no one suspects a car approaching a Government building.

• Like 6

very very sad indeed.

I only ever seem to feel two emotions...sadness and anger....in that order!

• Like 2

Do we have any information on the attacker? The longer the BBC waits to publish that information, the more some people are going to take their silence as a confirmation. Myself included.

2 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Do we have any information on the attacker? The longer the BBC waits to publish that information, the more some people are going to take their silence as a confirmation. Myself included.

what of?

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I was just taking a pee... and am fairly sure the news said the dead guy/terrorist was black with a goatee beard

But I was in another room.... not that the news has run any different stories in the minute I was in the bathroom

As usual with breaking stories....the news is in a frenzy and we will get the facts..... eventually, along with the terrorists  ID

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

True, a car can be a deadly weapon. There seems to be a rise in their use for attacks.

Well, exactly. So how could the SAS, however super they may be, or Elite Anti Terror Police, or plain ordinary coppers or soldiers striding about with machine guns, prevent things like this happening? They could only ever respond to it after it's happened. They wouldn't be a deterrent if the perpetrator was expecting to die anyway, would they. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

what of?

The suspects nationality

Witnesses describe Asian man in 40s with eight-inch long knife

Found a photo. I'm gonna go ahead and assume his name isn't "Han Chi"

Edited by Saru
Removed copyrighted image - remember you can embed Tweets, you don't need to upload a screenshot
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well, exactly. So how could the SAS, however super they may be, or Elite Anti Terror Police, or plain ordinary coppers or soldiers striding about with machine guns, prevent things like this happening? They could only ever respond to it after it's happened. They wouldn't be a deterrent if the perpetrator was expecting to die anyway, would they. 

well, the SAS would be deployed rapidly to guard not only Westminster but any other high value terrorists targets

The Queen is no doubt surrounded by more security than usual even though she lives a mile away at times like this....as no-one knows there wont be further attacks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Agreed. And this does have all the signs of suicide by cop.

It may well have been politically motivated, but I think we could very well find out that the man had severe mental health issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It may well have been politically motivated, but I think we could very well find out that the man had severe mental health issues.

"mental health issues" 

Where did the UK go so wrong? Sad.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Or it simply turns out its another extremist terror attack

• Like 4

BBC says there may have been two bad guys

• Like 1

stabbed cop is dead, plus 3 more killed and at least 20 injured

• Like 1

The Muslim Council of Britain has issued a statement on the attack, which has not yet been claimed by any group.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Now four dead. 

Just so sad...I really wish this kind of thing would stop once and for all.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

The Muslim Council of Britain has issued a statement on the attack, which has not yet been claimed by any group.

The comments on that Tweet are intense. No one is buying the narrative

• Like 2

There had been a visit by some school children just before it happened.  How terrifying for the parents.  Glad they are all safe.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Now four dead. 

Including the knifed policeman and terrorist.

20 injured most with catastrophic injuries. And it looks like the terrorist had a bomb in the car too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Anyone want to take a bet that he's not Hindu or a Sikh.

He's Asian - the BBC said so right there in the article. Why would they lie?

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

He's Asian - the BBC said so right there in the article. Why would they lie?

Who said they're lying?

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

No one should ever, ever, ever just accept that terrorism is just "part and parcel of living in a major city". I very much hope that the current mayor of London is voted out for having voiced such a stupid and callous remark.

Grooming the public to accept terrorism as part of life is unacceptable and reeks of an alternative motive, IMO.

5 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Who said they're lying?

...I'll pretend you aren't trying to give them a pass here. You know what they are doing. Everyone in the UK knows what they are doing.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2