Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

No one should ever, ever, ever just accept that terrorism is just "part and parcel of living in a major city". I very much hope that the current mayor of London is voted out for having voiced such a stupid and callous remark.

Fully agree with this and what an absolutely ridiculous and vile statement to make from a person in the public eye. I'm utterly disgusted by it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Grooming the public to accept terrorism as part of life is unacceptable and reeks of an alternative motive, IMO.

...I'll pretend you aren't trying to give them a pass here. You know what they are doing. Everyone in the UK knows what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Grooming the public to accept terrorism as part of life is unacceptable and reeks of an alternative motive, IMO.

...I'll pretend you aren't trying to give them a pass here. You know what they are doing. Everyone in the UK knows what they are doing.

I don't really understand your post but nether do i think you understood mine.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I'm in the UK, and I have no idea what you're talking about. 

• Like 2

I think I do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I don't really understand your post but nether do i think you understood mine.

Maybe. I just assuming you being willfully ignorant...it's a habit around here.

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I'm in the UK, and I have no idea what you're talking about. 

The BBC delayed the release of details regarding the attacker as they often do unless the suspect is white. When details did surface, they enforced the story that the attacker was "Asian", when he clearly is not. They are trying not to incite "Islamaphobia" by deliberately glossing over details in the story. It's not the first time they've done it and it happens here as well as in Canada. Some outlets will go so far as to manipulate photos to lighten skin tone or find a "Westernized" name to use instead of the obviously Middle-Eastern birth name. It's "white-washing" of the facts.

• Like 5

Right Dark Grey, two innocent bystanders are dead today, plus one of our police officers. I'm not going to get into it.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Anyone want to take a bet that he's not Hindu or a Sikh.

pretty safe bet there..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

"mental health issues" 

Where did the UK go so wrong? Sad.

Not to go off topic, but clearly invading and bombing Muslim countries is where we went wrong in this particular case. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Maybe. I just assuming you being willfully ignorant...it's a habit around here.

The BBC delayed the release of details regarding the attacker as they often do unless the suspect is white. When details did surface, they enforced the story that the attacker was "Asian", when he clearly is not. They are trying not to incite "Islamaphobia" by deliberately glossing over details in the story. It's not the first time they've done it and it happens here as well as in Canada. Some outlets will go so far as to manipulate photos to lighten skin tone or find a "Westernized" name to use instead of the obviously Middle-Eastern birth name. It's "white-washing" of the facts.

He looks Asian to me, people from the Indian subcontinent are Asian.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not to go off topic, but clearly invading and bombing Muslim countries is where we went wrong in this particular case. 

When it comes down to it the problem is that Israel was recreated out of Palestinian land.

Ever since they have been wars and terrorist attacks because of it including 9/11. The invasion of Iraq and then its disintegration has made it worse by causing the rise of ISIS. The problem is unsolvable. We can bomb the Taliban and ISIS into oblivion only for them to be replaced by the next group.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Right Dark Grey, two innocent bystanders are dead today, plus one of our police officers. I'm not going to get into it.

That's OK. The point is self evident.

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

He looks Asian to me, people from the Indian Indian subcontinent are Asian.

There are many other terms that would be much more accurate. I don't have time to play coy today so let's shake hands and move on

• Like 1

It is significant that it is a year exactly - to the day - since the Brussels attack.

How sad that French schoolgirls were caught up in this, i.e. injured - given what has happened in their country.

The 4 dead include the stabbed policeman, the assailant and 2 members of the public.

At such times it does serve as a reminder of how precious life is........

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

When it comes down to it the problem is that Israel was recreated out of Palestinian land.

Ever since they have been wars and terrorist attacks because of it including 9/11. The invasion of Iraq and then its disintegration has made it worse by causing the rise of ISIS. The problem is unsolvable. We can bomb the Taliban and ISIS into oblivion only for them to be replaced by the next group.

It's nothing to do with Israel, and there was no such thing as "Palestinian" at the time.

Al Quada attacked the USA because it hated the idea that the USA was the lead agent in liberating Kuwait. (and maintained troops in Saudi thereafter, even though this was at the invitation of the Saudi government).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Why are they p*****g all over a country that is desperately trying to appeal to their religion?

i understand why they p*****g all over a country, but i do not understand why the country is trying to appeal to them. it is beyond stupid, but do not take my word, just wait few years.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Actually, I'd say it has little to do with that and more to do with installing dictators, overthrowing regimes, stealing oil and bombing their people. Israel didn't help with it all, but the UK did a lot to try to prevent all that and unless you're Syrian, Lebanese or Palestinian it is usually just a footnote added to the list of grievances. 

Actual polls have found that the reasons I've given above are why Arabs don't like the US and its allies. I'm not sure why, but people seem to ignore that this conflict has a clear cause and effect.

Sad to see those things happen over and over again. Time to stop it. 

But let me guess about the terrorist: 

Known to police for criminal record, drugs, robbery....and all of a sudden becames a muslim or born again muslim and start killing ppl. 

• Like 6

lets not bicker over Muslims and middle east history.... until we know more on the attackers motives

But Yes I suspect it might be due to some of that

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It's nothing to do with Israel, and there was no such thing as "Palestinian" at the time.

'Palestinian' passports have been issued since before the 1920s. You been reading Joan Peters? I hope you realise that her career was ended due to idiotic claims like the one you just made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, odas said:

Sad to see those things happen over and over again. Time to stop it. 

But let me guess about the terrorist: 

Known to police for criminal record, drugs, robbery....and all of a sudden becames a muslim or born again muslim and start killing ppl. 

I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this, but it sounds to me like you see these people exactly the same way I do. I don't believe many people kill because they love their god, so much as they love the idea that their god loves them. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

lets not bicker over Muslims and middle east history.... until we know more on the attackers motives

Yes that'd be a nice idea, let's not. Three innocent people dead whatever the motivations of the pervert that killed them. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

This thread didn't take long to take the entirely predictable direction it inevitably would.  

I'm not sure, 70 odd posts seems like a decent run :D

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm not sure, 70 odd posts seems like a decent run :D

and a whole bunch of members participating.....this thread will no doubt continue to grow, after all....its a HUGE event and news story, scroll to bottom of page to see who is joining in and reading this thread.....

I cant remember any other time a terrorist was shot at the doors of Parliament.... every news channel is on it

• Like 1

Sick ISIS celebrating ‘blessed London attack’ posting ‘Allahu Akbar’ next to horrific photos of the attack 

• Messages from an ISIS telegram channel show people celebrating the attack
  • The messages read 'blessed London attack' and 'Allahu Akbar'
  • Violent extremism experts claim these accounts are credible but unofficial
  • There has not yet been any claim made by any terror group for today's attack 
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's OK. The point is self evident.

There are many other terms that would be much more accurate. I don't have time to play coy today so let's shake hands and move on

No ones being coy, in the UK we call Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladesh Asian, the 3 main religions are Hindu, Sikh and Muslim, my OP said i bet they're not Hindu or Sikh.

• Like 3