Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

35 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this, but it sounds to me like you see these people exactly the same way I do. I don't believe many people kill because they love their god, so much as they love the idea that their god loves them. 

Yup. I am a muslim and you summed it up pretty right.

Words cannot describe how I feel about all this bs. 

London, your pain is mine. Stay strong.

• Like 8

I can't believe that they still haven't released the killer's name. Surely they must have known it for a while now, even if he was foreign?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I can't believe that they still haven't released the killer's name. Surely they must have known it for a while now, even if he was foreign?

Probably normal terrorist procedure to withhold certain info.... while the spooks in MI5 and higher are feeding his details into their national security computers for further info

News is also saying the Scottish Parliament is being flooded with extra security... the fear being these attacks might be coordinated.... and may not be over yet

• Like 1

London attack: What we know so far (Updates)

with a graphic of the route of the attacker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39355108

10 minutes ago, seeder said:

Probably normal terrorist procedure to withhold certain info.... while the spooks in MI5 and higher are feeding his details into their national security computers for further info

News is also saying the Scottish Parliament is being flooded with extra security... the fear being these attacks might be coordinated.... and may not be over yet

I'm sure we'll be fine.

"We'll set about ye"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I can't understand a word that gentleman is saying!

The subtitles don't help even.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I can't understand a word that gentleman is saying!

There's a Scottish (actually it's the whole of Britain and Ireland) traditional method of dispute solving, it involves violently driving your forehead into the other party's face. A few years ago when a terrorist tried to attack Glasgow Airport this was the method used. It worked a treat. 

• Like 3

ha yes the Scots can be hard to understand at times.... most of us Brits can sort of understand all they say..... but some of them do have a strong accent.... Ive got a bunch of Scot mates....who have lived in England for years so they have learned to speak more clearly.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oldrover said:

There's a Scottish (actually it's the whole of Britain and Ireland) traditional method of dispute solving, it involves violently driving your forehead into the other party's face. A few years ago when a terrorist tried to attack Glasgow Airport this was the method used. It worked a treat. 

I love it! I'd have paid to have seen that...would have paid double if the gentleman had been wearing a kilt while head butting the bad guy!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, seeder said:

ha yes the Scots can be hard to understand at times.... most of us Brits can sort of understand all they say..... but some of them do have a strong accent.... Ive got a bunch of Scot mates....who have lived in England for years so they have learned to speak more clearly.....

Geordies are worse.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Ah yes....the Glasgow Kiss

headbutt_8897.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oldrover said:

It's called a Glesga (Glasgow) kiss.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's called a Glesga (Glasgow) kiss.

Now I know why bosnians have a weakness for the scotts. We have exactley the same forplay. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, odas said:

Now I know why bosnians have a weakness for the scotts. We have exactley the same forplay. 

Not JUST the Scots of course...you see the headbutts in every town in the UK on a weekend after the pubs close... Ive even seen women doing the same move... plus....Im guilty of having done the same....its hard to defend against and it stuns the guy youre doing it too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

Not JUST the Scots of course...you see the headbutts in every town in the UK on a weekend after the pubs close... Ive even seen women doing the same move... plus....Im guilty of having done the same....its hard to defend against and it stuns the guy youre doing it too

Yes, I can vouch for that. It really does stun you. A lot.

• Like 3

anyway, lets hope and pray this is a one-off type event.....and not the start of a series of attacks...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Trouble is it stuns you too.

I wouldn't know, I was the kissed rather than the kisser.

• Like 1

Just now, oldrover said:

I wouldn't know, I was the kissed rather than the kisser.

I'm sure you stunned the kisser...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Actually, I'd say it has little to do with that and more to do with installing dictators, overthrowing regimes, stealing oil and bombing their people. Israel didn't help with it all, but the UK did a lot to try to prevent all that and unless you're Syrian, Lebanese or Palestinian it is usually just a footnote added to the list of grievances. 

Actual polls have found that the reasons I've given above are why Arabs don't like the US and its allies. I'm not sure why, but people seem to ignore that this conflict has a clear cause and effect.

You cannot isolate it like that and you cannot cure the problem because it always returns to and arises from Palestine.

I remember the Taliban attacking American destroyers in the gulf and bombing their embassy due to Palestine. 9/11 was about Palestine. And when the chaos that has arisen out of the War on Terror settles then there will still remain the same problem of Palestine. It is Palestine which underlies Islamic hatred for the US and Britain.

• Like 1

theres a clip on the tube that shows 2 bulls headbutting.... after a run up...apparently they both killed each other instantly as a result, cant post it as the vid may upset some

As someone who did security work for years in clubs and pubs...Ive 'used my head' a number of times to stop a fight before it got going.......

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

You cannot isolate it like that and you cannot cure the problem because it always returns to and arises from Palestine.

I remember the Taliban attacking American destroyers in the gulf and bombing their embassy due to Palestine. 9/11 was about Palestine. And when the chaos that has arisen out of the War on Terror settles then there will still remain the same problem of Palestine. It is Palestine which underlies Islamic hatred for the US and Britain.

It's not about Palestine. The situation is far, far more complex, with issues like supporting the Saudi regime and others, overthrowing the Iranian government, propping up dictators and suppressing democracy, bombing the civilians of these countries (which has been going since long before 9/11), and isolated incidents like when Bill Clinton bombed a medical factory in Syria causing an estimated 20,000 civilian deaths as a by product or when the US navy shot down an Iranian passenger plane, all being factors.

But you are welcome to keep believing that it is simply down to Israel existing if you wish. I guess it's easier if a complex situation such as this can just be simplified and aimed to one 'enemy'.

• Like 1