Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

5 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

No ones being coy, in the UK we call Pakistanis, Indians and Bangladesh Asian, the 3 main religions are Hindu, Sikh and Muslim, my OP said i bet they're not Hindu or Sikh.

Oh this might be a cultural thing. If the term "Asian" is used so liberally on your side of the pond, I understand why the BBC used it. My apologies for being crass - it's hard not to lash out when we are surrounded by chaos with no clear enemies

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

In one thread some people say they'd like it to stay on topic. In another, they make comments about the US in a thread about an attack in Europe. 

Could we have some consistency, please?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toast said:

I would say he is drunken and trying to speak rural swedish.

In that case he didnt get many words right, because I couldnt recognize a single word.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pop It and Shove It said:

- post removed -

Here's a thought - there are folks dead. Lets shove that chip on your shoulder aside and be respectful and stick to the topic or simply respectful and silent.

• Like 5

Agreed. Show respect for the lives lost by not bringing political arguments in to derail the subject.

This is an Official Moderator request.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Oh this might be a cultural thing. If the term "Asian" is used so liberally on your side of the pond, I understand why the BBC used it. My apologies for being crass - it's hard not to lash out when we are surrounded by chaos with no clear enemies

It's not used liberally. Have you ever seen a world map? 

download.jpg

rrllpd07wmrrgunjmvgi.jpg

• Like 4

it is confusing for some Americans cuz here we differentiate between entire asia, and middle east, technically it may still be asia, but in our understanding blue area is called middle east. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, seeder said:

and ...whats he gonna do anyway? The Brits can take care of themselves...

I don't think it's that, I think there is always a concern about twin attacks..maybe on our Congress.

So sorry this happened! It does bring up the question though...is it time that all police officers carry a gun and not just some of them?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

^ Thanks, what we see on TV it looks like a little family residence.

It is very deceptive.  The facade does look like a small place but it goes back quite a long way and is vast inside with offices, a cabinet room, and living quarters above.

• Like 3

So the 'religion of peace' rears it's ugly head again.......cue the Guardian & BBC warning of a non-existant right wing backlash against muslims.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

Agreed. Show respect for the lives lost by not bringing political arguments in to derail the subject.

This is an Official Moderator request.

Agreed. it's got nothing to do with politics. It's all about religion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

This again?

I think I'll let this guy say it all for me-

The attacker was British. Check your facts before using people's murder as a soapbox for your own agenda.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, skliss said:

I don't think it's that, I think there is always a concern about twin attacks..maybe on our Congress.

So sorry this happened! It does bring up the question though...is it time that all police officers carry a gun and not just some of them?

we lived thru years of IRA terror attacks... they blew up more stuff in London than any terror group ever has....always threatening the Queen and Prime Minister.... their mantra was... "The Queen has to be lucky every day....we (the IRA).... only have to be lucky once"

To be honest.... Im damned proud of our cops, we are one of the few countries who have a majority police force who are unarmed. Well the cops do have tear gas and batons.....and tazers..... Plus the English Bulldog fighting spirit

However....due to such events as this, there will be more armed cops on the streets and at key locations

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

I give them credit for bravery! Keeping the peace, unarmed,  is not an easy task. I'm encouraged to hear they have the option of tazers, didn't know that! I sincerely hope those that patrol the closed community neighborhoods are among the armed branches!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The scum balls at ISIS have just taken credit for this attack.

Those asshats would take credit for a hurricane.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The scum balls at ISIS have just taken credit for this attack.

And I bet the quisling press report that in every news bulletin and paper :td:  - instead of just ignoring the micro-penis gang completely (the only way we will truely beat them)

• Like 5

copycat attack? Breaking news.... again

Attempted Antwerp attack: Shotgun and bladed weapons found in man's car who tried to drive into shopping district

'Because of these elements, and the events in London yesterday, the case is being taken on by the federal prosecutor's office'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/antwerp-attempt-man-car-drive-belgian-shopping-district-police-rifle-found-bladed-weapons-arrested-a7646091.html

Man held for 'driving at crowd' in Antwerp, Belgium

A man has been arrested in the north Belgian port city of Antwerp on suspicion of driving at a crowd.

The vehicle, with French number plates, was driven "at high speed" on De Meir, Antwerp's main shopping street. There were no reports of injuries.

The suspect, a man of north African origin, was taken away, Antwerp police chief Serge Muyters said.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39369202

Edited by seeder

Ive got an idea... why dont we,  the Brits/Scots/Welsh that make up the UK....... meet up with wannabe ISIS terrorists on a football field...

And have a good old fashioned no holds barred fist fight? No guns, bombs, or weapons in general.... just man against man

I may be 50.... but Ive still got my mojo...

How about it then? Come and get some if you think youre hard enough!!

Oh yes thats right.... terrorists are usually cowards, and will shy away from a fair fight      :td:

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Ah, I was right. He was a Scientologist.

You're being Scientolophobic. #NOTALLSCIENTOLOGISTS

1 hour ago, Setton said:

"We will drink tea and jolly well carry on"? How is that any different than London's mayor stating terror is part of living in a big city? It's a more verbose way of saying "we won't retaliate. Please continue."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, seeder said:

copycat attack? Breaking news.... again

As with most terrorist attacks, if it's proven effective it will be used again and again. Driving through crowds is much easier, cheaper and stealthier than sneaking around with explosives. Not too mention far less planning is involved. There's no way of knowing of when the next truck or van is coming to a crowd near you... :mellow:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

You're being Scientolophobic. #NOTALLSCIENTOLOGISTS

"We will drink tea and jolly well carry on"? How is that any different than London's mayor stating terror is part of living in a big city? It's a more verbose way of saying "we won't retaliate. Please continue."

as I said above....we have had MAJOR terror attacks before with the IRA.... they were very deadly... and set off many bombs in London....its not just the UK who should have a cup of tea and carry on..... its every country who has experienced things like this. A way to defeat terror is not to live life differently....because of it

we lived thru the IRA bombs.... we will live thru this

• Like 2