Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

ps: The London Mayor is a joke. A figurehead if you like....but a total waste of wages, and a waste of space. I dont know how others live in other countries and how their mayor affects them

But in the UK... a Mayor is laughable.... with no real power of influence

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

A way to defeat terror is not to live life differently....because of it

I think we've passed that point. When National landmarks have to be protected (Eiffel Tower,) and the bloody mayor of London (regardless of his power,) tries to normalize terrorist attacks, the terrorists have won. Looking at the world pre and post 9/11, an argument can be made that the terrorists won.

The way we have been approaching this up till now has not been effective. When lives are at stake, we can't afford to dance around sensitive topics like religion when religion most likely has a strong part to play. We can't dismiss doctrine that promises rewards for murder. Even if ISIS is defeated, that rhetoric will continue to bite us. We blew up Hiroshima because the Japanese started training women and children to fight us - you can't intimidate an enemy that isn't afraid to die.

With each new terrorist attack, animosity towards Islam grows despite concerted efforts to change public opinion. Last night I was thinking about this and it might actually be a good thing. The Western world has put Islam under a microscope trying to understand ISIS and other forms of Islamic terrorism. I think soon we are going to witness the beginning of a modern renaissance in that religion as it is forced to coincide with progressive values, like Christianity was forced to in the past. Very few modern Christians, even fundamentalist Christians, practice the old Jewish ways of dressing and eating as taught in the Bible. I'm hoping that after the modern Islamic reformation, Jihadism, treatment of women and all forms of extremist Islamic sects will become taboo under the weight of worldwide pressure. You can see small pockets of "reformed Islam" in educated, Westernized immigrants.

• Like 1

Police name Westminster attacker

The man believed to be responsible for the attack in Westminster has been named as Khalid Masood, by the Metropolitan Police.

The 52-year-old was born in Kent but was believed to have been living in the West Midlands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39372154

No surprise there then...

• Like 1

I still think it's likely he had mental health problems. Though I guess any terrorist has mental health problems to want to kill innocent people. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

As with most terrorist attacks, if it's proven effective it will be used again and again. Driving through crowds is much easier, cheaper and stealthier than sneaking around with explosives. Not too mention far less planning is involved. There's no way of knowing of when the next truck or van is coming to a crowd near you... :mellow:

People see it on the news.  They are already a bit "distrubed".  It gives them ideas .....    And when you live in a country where guns, let alone explosives, are hard to come by unless you are a real criminal .....

The important thing is to remember that in every single case their name is ****wit Micro-penis.   And make sure that is the only name any of them are ever known by.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I still think it's likely he had mental health problems. Though I guess any terrorist has mental health problems to want to kill innocent people. 

Here's the reason.

Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember.

And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts. (So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.

21 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Does every one who believes in an afterlife have mental health problems? Nothing to live for + promise of paradise = martyr.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Setton said:

The attacker was British. Check your facts before using people's murder as a soapbox for your own agenda.

Khalid Masood, yep, good ol' British name.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Nah he did lot of calculations and decisions to do the attack, I believe people with mental health problems are those who believe that marching streets with candles and flowers are going to stop these attacks. 

• Like 6

I read that the perpetrator was known to authorities as being a potential threat.  So another Known Wolf terror attack huh?  

• Like 2

Looks like another car attack has been thwarted in Antwerp, Belgium when a man of "N.Africa origin" was stopped by police before he rammed a car loaded with weapons into a crowd of people.  http://thefederalistpapers.org/world/breaking-vehicle-attack-thwarted-in-belgium-suspect-in-custody

As is being reported via Express UK:

A MAN has tried to ram a crowd of people in Antwerp, Belgium, sparking a police chase.

Police in Belgium apparently arrested a man of North African origin in the city of Antwerp after a chase near River Scheldt.

The Sun is also reporting on this story as well:

POLICE in Antwerp have arrested a suspect terrorist wearing camouflage who tried to run people over in a busy shopping area using a car – a day after the deadly attack in London.

Cops in the Belgian capital reportedly foiled the plot and detained the man, who of North-African descent, after he ran a through a red traffic light, Antwerp police chief Serge Muyters said.

“A vehicle with French plates has tried to drive at high speed into the Meir (shopping street).

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Does every one who believes in an afterlife have mental health problems? Nothing to live for + promise of paradise = martyr.

No, I meant anyone who kills lots of innocent people.

53 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Nah he did lot of calculations and decisions to do the attack, I believe people with mental health problems are those who believe that marching streets with candles and flowers are going to stop these attacks. 

This is just silly. If you think having mental health issues somehow means you lack the ability to make decisions or perform 'calculations' then you really don't know much about mental health. Do you think all mental health issues = downs syndrome?

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, seeder said:

Ive got an idea... why dont we,  the Brits/Scots/Welsh that make up the UK....... meet up with wannabe ISIS terrorists on a football field...

And have a good old fashioned no holds barred fist fight? No guns, bombs, or weapons in general.... just man against man

I may be 50.... but Ive still got my mojo...

How about it then? Come and get some if you think youre hard enough!!

Oh yes thats right.... terrorists are usually cowards, and will shy away from a fair fight      :td:

i'm in! 

• Like 1

So we keep turning the other cheek.......keep trying to understand......

there comes a point where you run out of 'cheeks'...

extremism requires an extreme response/solution......IMO

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It's not about Palestine. The situation is far, far more complex, with issues like supporting the Saudi regime and others, overthrowing the Iranian government, propping up dictators and suppressing democracy, bombing the civilians of these countries (which has been going since long before 9/11), and isolated incidents like when Bill Clinton bombed a medical factory in Syria causing an estimated 20,000 civilian deaths as a by product or when the US navy shot down an Iranian passenger plane, all being factors.

But you are welcome to keep believing that it is simply down to Israel existing if you wish. I guess it's easier if a complex situation such as this can just be simplified and aimed to one 'enemy'.

The way we stop the terrorism is we quite literally treat the Muslim world nice because when we dont they get the justification from the Quran to attack us. And we cannot do that while their is the Palestinian issue as we are (in their perspective) violating the rights of Palestinians.

And round and around it goes. It might blow up into civil wars and wars on terror and caliphates but the route cause is the same. Whoever decided to recreate Israel at the end of WW2 was an idiot. They should have given them an unoccupied island to make their new home not what had been the land of other peoples for over a 1000 years.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The way we stop the terrorism is we quite literally treat the Muslim world nice because when we dont they get the justification from the Quran to attack us.

Can you show me an example of country where Muslims have immigrated in sizeable numbers with very little conflict? I think you may be projecting personal ethics on a culture that is dominating by doctrine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Can you show me an example of country where Muslims have immigrated in sizeable numbers with very little conflict? I think you may be projecting personal ethics on a culture that is dominating by doctrine.

There are no examples of Muslims migrating into countries with or without causing conflict. Mass immigration only started 60 years ago. And I am not stating personal ethics. I am white, European and Christian. I'm simply stating what is fact from their point of view.

These people are deeply religious and there is a checklist in their religion they are ticking us off against when deciding if they should attack us and if they are justified in doing so. Its not about being opposed to freedom or Democracy like our leaders keep droning on about. Its our leaders inability to investigate what is actually motivating them that keeps the terrorist attacks going.

It is quite simply their Quran instructing them to harm us whenever we harm them. In fact it actually states to go out and kill us. While moderate Muslims ignore the lines like that not all Muslims are moderates now are they?

Edited by RabidMongoose

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

"We will drink tea and jolly well carry on"? How is that any different than London's mayor stating terror is part of living in a big city? It's a more verbose way of saying "we won't retaliate. Please continue."

No, it isn't. It's saying that terror will not work. We won't be afraid and we won't let terrorism change who we are or how we act. Which is their goal. Play into their hands if you want, we won't.

If you're looking for an argument, take it somewhere else. Personally, I think trying to exploit this for your own political goals is more than a little twisted.

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Khalid Masood, yep, good ol' British name.

Last I checked, Kent was in Britain. Same to you as to Dark_Grey.

• Like 4

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, ExpandMyMind said:

Any idea who they are?

Sid And Stan in front,,Stuart And Sol behind

I seem to remember when the IRA detonated a large Bomb in Londen back in the 90's and I don't remember any backlash against Irish people.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Setton said:

Last I checked, Kent was in Britain. Same to you as to Dark_Grey.

So, the idea is to transfer the blame for all of the from the Islam that inspires all Terror attacks in the name of Jihad to... British Men, just generally?

Get ready to lose every election for the nest 3 generations. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

I seem to remember when the IRA detonated a large Bomb in Londen back in the 90's and I don't remember any backlash against Irish people.

Good point.

Not much of one now, either. 

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

The way we stop the terrorism is we quite literally treat the Muslim world nice because when we dont they get the justification from the Quran to attack us.

so there are justifications to kill in quran? 

i wonder,  those Muslims who are killed by radical islamist, were they not treating radicals nicely? what justifications they found in quran to kill them?

General reminder of UM rules. 

3a. Racism or hatred: We have zero tolerance for racism or hatred towards  any specific race, religion, country, gender, individual or group.

• Like 4

'Last I checked, Kent was in Britain. Same to you as to Dark_Grey.'

Presumably by that comment you're implying that because he has a British passport & lives in Kent that somehow makes him British.

Tell me, do you really believe that he thought of himself as being British?

• Like 1