Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Westminster Terror attack, shootings

seeder

Just now, Merc14 said:

yes but no one knows who teh shooter was as far as I can tell 

Agreed, I didnt claim anyone did just that he didnt conveniently yell aluha akbar.......Yesterday the reporting was suspected gang violence but who knows 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Agreed, I didnt claim anyone did just that he didnt conveniently yell aluha akbar.......Yesterday the reporting was suspected gang violence but who knows 

You are more informed than me on that one farmer so I'll look to you for updates.  

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

You are more informed than me on that one farmer so I'll look to you for updates.  

Only because im stuck on night shift for a hitch so I have had a ton of time to monitor the news for something exciting. Id much rather be arguing with folks on here but everyone seems to bail pretty early LOL 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Its all over the place many many hours after the fact. There was actually a decent amount of outrage over it : Lille shooting: 3 injured as gunman opens fire near metro station in northern France I was watching it unfold in real time. 

From the article :

The coverage of the shooting has caused some controversy on social media. While major international news agencies chose to ignore the incident altogether, several UK tabloids picked the story under headlines such as “Terror fears in Lille as 'many wounded' in shooting near metro station in center of French city” (Daily Mirror) and “Terror alert in Lille…” (Daily Mail)

This is why I never completely ignore tabloids. :tu:

• Like 2

The whole free world and the world for that matter have been terrorized by these Islamic fanatics. When is everyone going to try and come together to wiped them out?

Edited by docyabut2

21 hours ago, stevewinn said:

That's if you conflate the issue between Martyrdom and Suicide, for example Sunni Islam the branch of Islam these Terrorist are "following" as never had a ritual of suicidal - self-sacrifice. unlike Shi'ite/Shia. So in that respect the "devout terrorists" are going against the teachings. At the end of the day these terrorists are interpreting religious texts to justify their actions. - let us not make the same mistake.

Th Quran and the Sunna clearly states that martyrdom in any from does not equal suicide. I would also argue that the terrorists are taking the scriptures literally. No need for interpretation. 

Its also not 'their' interpretation. It's a form of Madhhab, Islamic jurisdiction. 

Edited by FLOMBIE

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

This is why I never completely ignore tabloids. :tu:

Absolutely , the American media is so fully left that they are no longer reliable.  Case in point, a 14 year old girl, a freshman in High school was brutally raped and beaten by two recent immigrants from central America who also happened to be freshmen at 17 and 18 years old, and ABC, CBS and NBC did NOT even mention it.  First, why are men being put in a freshman class in High School?  Second, why did the three major networks refuse to cover this crime and three, why are progressives in Maryland still championing sanctuary cities?n Fox and teh UK covered it  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4329962/Teens-raped-girl-14-school-recently-immigrated.html

• Like 6

"To Order Attacks"? Does anyone really believe that someone of dubious mental stability and who'd no doubt been stirred up by radical preachers and stuff he read on the internet couldn't have planned something like driving a car onto a sidewalk and then attacking a policeman with a knife without being ordered to do it and receiving detailed instructions in how to do it from ISIS High Command in Syria?! So that means, of course, that we now have a great and glorious opportunity to bomb Assad - I mean ISIS once again. Just as soon as the UK Govt. can scrape together enough in cuts somewhere else to afford a few bombs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

"To Order Attacks"? Does anyone really believe that someone of dubious mental stability and who'd no doubt been stirred up by radical preachers and stuff he read on the internet couldn't have planned something like driving a car onto a sidewalk and then attacking a policeman with a knife without being ordered to do it and receiving detailed instructions in how to do it from ISIS High Command in Syria?! So that means, of course, that we now have a great and glorious opportunity to bomb Assad - I mean ISIS once again. Just as soon as the UK Govt. can scrape together enough in cuts somewhere else to afford a few bombs.

And dont forget we've been presented with yet another opportunity to erode privacy in the name of security. U.K. Home Secretary Calls for WhatsApp Access after Terror Attack

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 11:46 AM, seeder said:

OK this has been breaking news for a while now, police say they are treating it as a Terror attack until they know more

Cop stabbed, assailant shot, and car that rammed pedestrians on Westminster bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

“Why do all the jihadis come to Birmingham?” he half-shouted, prompting a passing group of teenage girls in bright-colored head scarves to frown, then giggle.

Exaggeration or not, many people are asking that question

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/26/world/europe/birmingham-britain-islam-jihadis.html?_r=0

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

And dont forget we've been presented with yet another opportunity to erode privacy in the name of security. U.K. Home Secretary Calls for WhatsApp Access after Terror Attack

Some people  need to be banned from traveling into countries, what does it take for everyone  to wake up about that?

On 3/26/2017 at 8:52 AM, Merc14 said:

Absolutely , the American media is so fully left that they are no longer reliable.  Case in point, a 14 year old girl, a freshman in High school was brutally raped and beaten by two recent immigrants from central America who also happened to be freshmen at 17 and 18 years old, and ABC, CBS and NBC did NOT even mention it.  First, why are men being put in a freshman class in High School?  Second, why did the three major networks refuse to cover this crime and three, why are progressives in Maryland still championing sanctuary cities?n Fox and teh UK covered it  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4329962/Teens-raped-girl-14-school-recently-immigrated.html

Just read one the other day about a Mexican gang member convicted of sexually assaulting a toddler (yeah, you read that right). Turns out, he'd been deported 4 times in the past.

Media bias isn't even debatable at this point. The longer they keep it up, the deeper the divide grows between the people that know the truth and the people that feel comforted by the talking heads on TV. Cue the rise of the far-right.

• Like 3

On 26/03/2017 at 3:52 PM, Merc14 said:

Indeed. One amusing aspect to all these types of terrorist incidents is watching all the main stream media outlets tie themselves in knots trying to disassociate Islam with them. In fact even the police do the same. The chief of police in his statement to the press giving the name of the perp. Didn't mention Islam once, but did manage to slip in a mention of 'far right extremists' I can't help but feel something very pernicious is happening to the media with regard to these sort of events.

• Like 1