Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hinduism and Christ

Opus Magnus

9 hours ago, Wandering Mind said:

I wonder if you can specify which of the sources mention biased in your view and which info seems unconvincing?

Jan Erik Sigdell UFO, JeffreyCharlesArcher om-mama, Wiki haha, The Academy for Future Science haha, John Sassoon, who!, I'm bored to list them all. B)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Jan Erik Sigdell UFO, JeffreyCharlesArcher om-mama, Wiki haha, The Academy for Future Science haha, John Sassoon, who!, I'm bored to list them all. B)

Yes, you are right. We are all morons. That is why we are here! Welcome to the club.
Take care to slow down the train before the curve...

19 minutes ago, Wandering Mind said:

Take care to slow down the train before the curve...

First and foremost, the train has to be properly lined on the tracks that you had laid out presently ...

~

• Like 1

On 1/20/2018 at 11:13 AM, intoyoulikeatrain said:

The tracks are irredeemably faulty.

How about you giving a comparative description of Creation, if you can on your rattling tracks?

It is amazing to me that I have stumbled onto this thread. I haven't been on these forums in a couple years, yet felt compelled to visit today, and came across this.

Recently, I have started dating a lovely and beautiful woman who moved her from India when she was thirteen years old. She is of the Hindu faith. I, have been a Christian now for a little over six years. Before I became Born Again, I was practicing Shamanism.

Here is why I think it's poignant that I stumbled onto this thread; since I began dating her, I have become more interested in learning more of her faith. In years past, I have studied Taoism, Buddhism, Shamanism (as mentioned,) but never really understood the core beliefs of Hinduism. Is there someone here that can give a quick synopsis of the core beliefs? If not, where would be a good place to start?

The thing about our relationship is, it's still in the new stage, so there is no pressure on either side. She knows I'm a Christian, and I know she's Hindu. I believe that inter-faith relationships can work long-term, and I am definitely behind learning more of her background in faith and what it's all about.

5 hours ago, gantonio45 said:

It is amazing to me that I have stumbled onto this thread. I haven't been on these forums in a couple years, yet felt compelled to visit today, and came across this.

Recently, I have started dating a lovely and beautiful woman who moved her from India when she was thirteen years old. She is of the Hindu faith. I, have been a Christian now for a little over six years. Before I became Born Again, I was practicing Shamanism.

Here is why I think it's poignant that I stumbled onto this thread; since I began dating her, I have become more interested in learning more of her faith. In years past, I have studied Taoism, Buddhism, Shamanism (as mentioned,) but never really understood the core beliefs of Hinduism. Is there someone here that can give a quick synopsis of the core beliefs? If not, where would be a good place to start?

The thing about our relationship is, it's still in the new stage, so there is no pressure on either side. She knows I'm a Christian, and I know she's Hindu. I believe that inter-faith relationships can work long-term, and I am definitely behind learning more of her background in faith and what it's all about.

Google is our friend....sometimes..

As Jesus once said...Seek and ye shall find....

On 1/23/2018 at 0:43 PM, intoyoulikeatrain said:

Don't have the inflated ego to bother.

As the saying goes: Critics are like eunuchs. They know how, but... ...

• 2 years later...

Ayyappa, also known as Shasta is my bet for Who was Jesus . . . https://karma-dharma-bhutadaya.blogspot.com/2017/05/the-true-identity-of-jesus-revealed.html

The Prajapita Brahmakumaris, a monotheistic sect of Hinduism originating in India,  considers Jesus as a son of God, but not God Himself.

This viewpoint is similar to that of the Jehovah's Witnesses, Islam and Bahai religion.The characterization of Jesus as God arose through erroneous interpretation of the scriptures as per these religious philosophies.

Edited by Ajay0

As such, I think that a better question would be "why wouldn't these religions be similar" instead of "why are they similar."

Think the architects of religions base them on all the same things; the understood truths of the universe and thne try and "encode" it all into scripture etc.

1) Buildings

2) Breeds (we're all different 'animals')

3) Books

is basically most major religions are based upon. 

"The person" is one component of Christianity - the New Testament based on Jesus

"The Universe" is the Old Testament based on Judaism/Hebrew.

But I'm of the opinion that Christianity is an attempt to create a 'new religion' based on a lot of fundamental truths found in old religions, religion 2.0 if you will therefore a lot of similarities may be found to exist that can act as overlaps between them all.