Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic ability

Helen B Selje

New to internet & site. Apologize -don't know what doing, symbols, etc. Problem: See with eyes closed. Example: see lg rock formations ahead of me. Then slow moving change developes path. Another change, path different & moved. 

Another instance: Looking into room, no camera, but light follows my eyes like a camera.

Unsure if awake or real dream: sheriff's dept break in door, never anounce who they are. An officer shoots & kills me, shoots fiancee & I'm floating in air (like Endora) watching him bleed to death.

Think about mail -it comes. Think about making call -she calls me while I'm calling her. Know when certain people are making plans to hurt us. Know where some people have been. Knew 2 x in past when someone was going to try to steal boyfriend (one was best girfriend, she succeeded). I just feel something and know. Can feel hurt & pain with feeling.

Abilities? Please help me. Can I hurt someone just by thinking? Only fair to mention, I suffer from 11 mental disorders but have above average intelligence. Been told that I'm brutally honest (just putting all cards on table). Use to work for State live in, investigating nursing home violations. Please help me! Thanks. Sunny

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrLzs

• Frank Merton

• Apyr

• Helen B Selje

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is going to be the opposite of what you probably want to hear, but I think you need to see a psychiatrist and discuss these things with him/her. The idea of "knowing" that someone is "making plans to hurt you" sounds plain delusional, and the fact that you suffer from 11 mental disorders seems to prove that there's something wrong. Just like the other parts of our bodies, our brains can become ill too. I wish you luck and I hope you find some help soon.

7 hours ago, Helen B Selje said:

New to internet & site. Apologize -don't know what doing, symbols, etc. 

Well, your post seems to have arrived ok.

Problem: See with eyes closed. Example: see lg rock formations ahead of me.

This is not unusual, we can often sense tiny chnages in illumination thru eyelids, plus we also can become aware of the sound signature of the area, ie echo location, or even small air disturbances.  The only way to properly test this would be at night, in a soundless location and/or with professional grade headphones to prevent any sound clues, and at a time there were no breezes...  

Then slow moving change developes path. Another change, path different & moved.

Another instance: Looking into room, no camera, but light follows my eyes like a camera. 

Have no idea what any of that means.

Unsure if awake or real dream: sheriff's dept break in door, never anounce who they are. An officer shoots & kills me, shoots fiancee & I'm floating in air (like Endora) watching him bleed to death.

Given you don't seem to be dead, I'm guessing that was just a 'vivid' dream.....

Think about mail -it comes. Think about making call -she calls me while I'm calling her.

We develop routines with our friends and thuis will increasingly think of them up until finally one of you breaks the silence.  We also only notice patterns, ignoring occasions when the pattern doesn't happen.  Also, she is probably just ringing back when she saw your first call.....

Know when certain people are making plans to hurt us. Know where some people have been. Knew 2 x in past when someone was going to try to steal boyfriend (one was best girfriend, she succeeded). I just feel something and know. Can feel hurt & pain with feeling.

Really?  Talk to a professional.  Nothing to do with special abilities, but this does sound like you have some issues that need addressing (and can be addressed, but not by posting on mystery-solving forums).  Show them this thread, by the way, and ask them for a diagnosis you can share here, plus get written details on what you should do.

I don't know what to say about or to people who make supernatural or psychic or similar claims.  Such are of course just claims, and could be simple lies, or people saying things for attention, or to ridicule others (pulling legs), or they could be delusions.  How does one tell truth from these other possibilities? 

Sometimes, of course, it is pretty obvious that the person has mental problems; in those cases one must tread carefully as the party involved may be a fragile personality.  On the other hand obvious lies need challenging (I've seen some excellent work debunking claims accompanied by doctored photographs).  

The biggest problem with all these messages (and of course we see them constantly -- usually someone who appears briefly for one or a few posts and then goes away when they realize they aren't being believed) is the absence of convincing evidence.  What sort of evidence is needed?

Good prophesies -- things that are not expected but happen anyway, such as stock market predictions or earthquakes or maybe even political events (although of course merely predicting an outcome of an election is unimpressive).  Of course there is always the prophet who prophesies loudly and often, and sometimes by accident gets something right -- so when I see a statement that something was correctly predicted, and we are told about it all after the fact, I guess I can't help but disbelieve.

I suppose I would believe a claim appearing in a respected journal, especially if some time passes and it is not debunked.  I've seen no such thing that I can remember.