Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to stay young

thedutchiedutch

The fountain of youth may exist only in fables, but a team of researchers at the Erasmus University Medical Center in the Netherlands recently may have discovered a way to reverse the effects of aging. Scientists told the Guardian Thursday their study could push the world one step closer to the discovery of life-extending treatments, as well as cures for the side effects of time on the human body.

A treatment administered to lab mice appeared successfully to remove inactive — otherwise known as senescent — cells damaged over time, allowing the reproduction of healthy new cells to take their place. Researchers said they saw hair growth, kidney function and physical fitness return to elderly mice, who then outperformed younger mice in running races.

Link to Source & Full Story : http://www.ibtimes.com/

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 2

Why 65? I want one now. I was just wondering what it feels like having your cells selectively purged...

• Like 2

Well, I guess it's a step in right direction.

• Like 1

Capers for breakfast anyone?

Non-Pareil-Capers-3.5oz.png

Existing research (from mice) says the compound Quercetin clears out about 50% of senescence cells. Even better, when its combined with dehydration and heat shock it will remove 99.9% of them.

• Like 2

I want whatever it is that does this and I want it NOW!  :clap:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, godnodog said:

This has been known for quite some time, it is the process that is complicated

and quercetin is also poisonous if overdone.

• Like 1

Sleep and activity oxymoronic that and isn't it around 50 that everything starts to fall apart or a huge change?  Like a brother said, everything was going great and then I couldn't walk up the stairs on my hands one day.

Speaking of Descent ? (too scary to watch again movie by the way 'we've caves here') decent article thanks for the post.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

and quercetin is also poisonous if overdone.

Sorry, I ment removing the cells stuff

5 hours ago, godnodog said:

This has been known for quite some time, it is the process that is complicated

I thought so as well. Some studies from 2016 I found about scientists reversing aging in mice but nothing like hair growth, kidney function and physical fitness return to elderly mice, who then outperformed younger mice in running races :)

• Like 1

That dehydration and heat shock sounds like what Native Americans have been to for generations with the sweat lodge.

1 hour ago, LabotomusRex said:

That dehydration and heat shock sounds like what Native Americans have been to for generations with the sweat lodge.

sauna has same effect, and more.