Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your stance on God

Stellar

What is your stance on God?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on God?

• I know he/she/they exist.
    • I think he/she/they exist.
    • I think god doesnt exist.
    • I know god doesnt exist.

I've made this thread because I'm quite curious about something.... I'll tell you guys the reason I created this thread after I get a good toll... I dont want to risk influencing the outcome, but I'll tell you this: If the results are the way I expect them to be, it'll be interesting.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• LittleIrishVampiress

• Talon

• RaginCajun

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...I'll bite tongue.gif

I know God exists. original.gif

it depends on what you mean by god. *trick up a sleeve*

I think god in some shape or form exists, but not like the Christians picture it, and if he/she exists, it's not in the Christian form. Why is it god anyway, I like the sound of the Goddess much better. blush.gif

Edited by The Raven

Didn't we just have a thread like this, Stel? I could've sworn...oh well.

Anyway. I know he doesn't until proven otherwise, so, yeah, that's my vote.

I could say he doens't exist.. but then who am I to say that he doesn't, yet the ones I believe in do?

For those who need him, and have faith in him yes. For those who don't, no. For other's, they have thier own gods.

Everyone knows my stance. thumbsup.gif

There is no other choice because you either believe, or you don't, obviously.

Well, actually, there should be an "I don't know" option. Because some people just honestly don't. I went through that for a while.

Hm well I guess since it is directed to only ourselves... See, I beleive that if one believes enough in something, it becomes real to them. If that makes any sense. But to me, no. God does not exist, at least the way people think of a god.

burnside, with that "thing" pointed at me i guess i have objections... grin2.gif

at the end we'll see which side most members on UM will have more allies for...

Isnt the idea of a goddess a fairly new one? it just seems to me that if this goddess was the one and only god then wouldnt she of made herself more present in the past? as for me, everyday i expierience proof of god, just me being here, i dont like the thought of evolution because that would mean that we r just a cosmic coincedence, i know that i have a purpose on this earth, and i wouldnt have a purpose if i were only a coincedence.

"A force that no one could comprehend but we are connected in one way or another"

Its not a trick question. No "yes and no" answers by saying something like "well, if he believes it enough, it becomes real for him." its simply as its written, what is your stance on god. Yours.

But wow, 13 replies already!?

Isnt the idea of a goddess a fairly new one? it just seems to me that if this goddess was the one and only god then wouldnt she of made herself more present in the past? as for me, everyday i expierience proof of god, just me being here, i dont like the thought of evolution because that would mean that we r  just a cosmic coincedence, i know that i have a purpose on this earth, and i wouldnt have a purpose if i were only a coincedence.

432686[/snapback]

The goddess was actually believed to be around first, then banished by the Hebrews 3000 years ago, her name was Asherah, then muslims and christians adapted to this story only to bring her back as The virgin Mary, so they did have to remove the female from the church altogether, like they wanted to.

Edited by Gmac1000

I just voted. Where's my cookie?

432712[/snapback]

Just wait... I'd like to have at least 6 believers polled.

Isnt the idea of a goddess a fairly new one? it just seems to me that if this goddess was the one and only god then wouldnt she of made herself more present in the past? as for me, everyday i expierience proof of god, just me being here, i dont like the thought of evolution because that would mean that we r  just a cosmic coincedence, i know that i have a purpose on this earth, and i wouldnt have a purpose if i were only a coincedence.

432686[/snapback]

Not in the slightest. Goddess worship was the first sign of deity worship humans had. But when they got more hostile... they took to waring gods... and made females property and supordinant

I'm sure Ashley'll attempt everything she can to vote multiple times, Stellar, don't worry about lack of believers. wink2.gif

Dammit Stellar! I want my cookie!!

I'm sure Ashley'll attempt everything she can to vote multiple times, Stellar, don't worry about lack of believers. wink2.gif

432724[/snapback]

Dont worry, I doubt she will.

the real question is WHAT is god to YOU????

Ok, well, in that case, I'll have to define god as conciousness, in order to avoid people calling something like a particle, god.

Hmm, we've got 10 to 5... I'd like to bring at ratio closer together if possible.

Hey...you didn't leave an option for someone who IS God...