Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your stance on God

Stellar

What is your stance on God?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on God?

• I know he/she/they exist.
    • I think he/she/they exist.
    • I think god doesnt exist.
    • I know god doesnt exist.

Hey...you didn't leave an option for someone who IS God...

432748[/snapback]

Alanis.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• LittleIrishVampiress

• Talon

• RaginCajun

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...you didn't leave an option for someone who IS God...

Well... I'm me, so I know I exist... Id asume that if someone is god, they'd know whether god exists or not.

Oopss I 'm a loner.  Picked 2nd.

432752[/snapback]

Oopss?

Alanis.

laugh.gif I loff that movie.

Alanis.

laugh.gif I loff that movie.

432760[/snapback]

I love that dress she had... the brown one...

432752[/snapback]

Oopss?

432759[/snapback]

You have to analyze this too grin2.gif ?

Edited by Q-La

432752[/snapback]

Oopss?

432759[/snapback]

You have to analyzed this too grin2.gif ?

432767[/snapback]

I have to analyze everything. How else would I know if you sais "Oopss" because you meant to vote for something else, or if you just said "Oopss" for no reason?

I voted, so I guess that makes me number six. I am wondering what you're going to say,, Stellar grin2.gif

Oh, and I voted honestly, not just to get it to number 6 original.gif

OK then the 2nd one remained my choice. Just a bit surprised by the outcome so far but I think I know what are you trying to do.

So it's at six Stellar, we're all interested... you've got our attention.

I think he's waiting for someone... tick tock

Probably Ashley-Star.

432798[/snapback]

I forgot wht the question was>

Stellar we are desparatly waiting for you to enlighten us!! bounce.gif

For a great deal of superficial people, the existence of God is a cause for laughter.

To others who are very religious this is a very firm belief.

For the scoundrels of the intellect that cannot see beyond their nose, this is a disheveled utopia. They just do not believe!

Yet for those who like Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Krishna, etc., etc., can go to the Mount Sinai (higher dimensions) and see, and talk face to face with God, thanks to their ultra-sensorial perceptions, God is a fact. thumbsup.gif

Stellar we are desparatly waiting for you to enlighten us!!

Cant a guy get some sleep? It was 2:30 in the morning!

Anyway, I guess theres enough results. Its pretty close to what I expected...

Total of believers polled: 9

Total of non believers polled: 13

Just look at how many believers are willing to accept the possibility that they are wrong. 1 out of 10. 10%

The rest somehow think they "Know" that he exists, and they are unwilling to accept anything else, even though its called belief and faith for a reason.

Lets look at the non believers. 7 out of 14 admit to the possibility that they are wrong. 50%.

I seem to think that it is true that non believers are more tolerant of religion than religion of nonbelievers.

Joc, what did you put down? You "Know" god exists? After a speech in another thread on how you've never met an atheist who doesnt say its his "belief" that god doesnt exist and that its wrong to talk like this?

Edit: Updated results.

Edited by Stellar

It just bumped up to 50% for the non believers...

another vote for "I know he/she/they exist."

Its now 10% and not 11% of the believers.

"(W.Saxon) "believe," from P.Gmc. *ga-laubjan "hold dear, love,wub.gif" from PIE base *leubh- "to like, desire" (see love). Spelling beleeve is common till 17c.; then altered perhaps by influence of relieve.

"Believe: To "hold dear, love," to exercise belief in; to credit upon the authority or testimony of another; to be persuaded of the truth of, upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by circumstances other than personal knowledge; to regard or accept as true; to place confidence in; to think; to consider; as, to believe a person, a statement, or a doctrine. innocent.gif

"Disbelieve: infidel 1460 (adj., n.), from M.Fr. infidèle, from L. infidelis "unfaithful," later "unbelieving," from in- "not" + fidelis "faithful" (see fidelity). In 15c. "a non-Christian" (especially a Saracen); later "one who does not believe in religion" (1526). Also used to translate Ar. kafir, from a root meaning "to disbelieve, to deny," strictly referring to all non-Muslims but virtually synonymous with "Christian;" hence, from a Muslim or Jewish point of view, "a Christian" (1534). "

In other words, Disbelieve is: Not to "hold dear, love, angry.gif " not to exercise belief in; not to credit upon the authority or testimony of another; not to be persuaded of the truth of, upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by circumstances other than personal knowledge; not to regard or accept as true; not to place confidence in; not to think; not to consider; as, to believe a person, a statement, or a doctrine. devil.gif

The real question is this: for that which is called GOD to exist, does he/she/it need to be believed in? w00t.gif

Hi Loge,

"Believe: To "hold dear, love," to exercise belief in; to credit upon the authority or testimony of another; to be persuaded of the truth of, upon evidence furnished by reasons, arguments, and deductions of the mind, or by circumstances other than personal knowledge; to regard or accept as true; to place confidence in; to think; to consider; as, to believe a person, a statement, or a doctrine. 

if we take believing like this.....then no wonder why so many are skeptical. From what i could see no one see God the same.

and if you believe in something...then clearly you disbelieve the other side. You cannot believe 100 % something and beleive the other side of the coin too.

"Disbelieve: infidel 1460 (adj., n.), from M.Fr. infidèle, from L. infidelis "unfaithful," later "unbelieving," from in- "not" + fidelis "faithful" (see fidelity). In 15c. "a non-Christian" (especially a Saracen); later "one who does not believe in religion" (1526). Also used to translate Ar. kafir, from a root meaning "to disbelieve, to deny," strictly referring to all non-Muslims but virtually synonymous with "Christian;" hence, from a Muslim or Jewish point of view, "a Christian" (1534). "

and if you disbeleive in God, do you believe in something else? I think most do. If not in themselves, they believe in a type of truth somewhere.

Maybe I did not made sense....but I have I think that from what you whrote you just help Stellar with the point he was trying to make.

if we take both your saying

A firm believer will disbelieve the nonbeliever, making them close minded to other possibilities.

Same goes for firm non-believer will believe himelf right in is thinking too. Thus making him or her closed to the possibility of otherwise.

Both extremes are beleivers and non beleivers at the same time. Just to different point of view. It does not make them wrong or bad, jsut different point of view.

I personnaly did not answer the poll. As I am not sure if God exist or not. Higher beings, yes....but a God...not sure

Ah, very good point, Stellar! You're absolutely right, more people who don't believe god exists are more tolerant to flexibility on that subject. It might also be said, though, that the ones that both 'know' at both ends of the spectrum, are probably the ones who won't accept anything different.

I am one of those that 'know' he exists, for my own reasons, of course. And you're right, it's a belief. I might never be swayed from what I believe, but I also believe that everyone should be respected for their beliefs. original.gif

I personnaly did not answer the poll. As I am not sure if God exist or not. Higher beings, yes....but a God...not sure

And, What is the concept that your mind has about God?

Because in order not to be sure about something, you must have an idea or thought about that!