Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your stance on God

Stellar

What is your stance on God?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on God?

• I know he/she/they exist.
    • I think he/she/they exist.
    • I think god doesnt exist.
    • I know god doesnt exist.

I personnaly did not answer the poll. As I am not sure if God exist or not. Higher beings, yes....but a God...not sure

And, What is the concept that your mind has about God?

Because in order not to be sure about something, you must have an idea or thought about that!

433159[/snapback]

Hello Loge,

I will answer even if it is off topic, since you asked wink2.gif

if we look in the dictionnarry, the first definition of God is any of various beings conceived of as supernatural, immortal, and having special powers over the lives and affair of people and the course of nature.

I have a hard time with that one, since many beings are considred supernatural ( angels, ghost etc..) Immortal, well perhaps in our sense, but our understanding of time is not absolute. perhaps time just does not exist at some places or perhaps they just live a long time and we perceive this as immortal. ex: a beings that lives for thousand of years, all of our generations we would perceive him as immortal when in fact he is not. As for having special powers over the lives etc...we have to start by defining special. Many things are considered annormal then upon further study and time they are finaly understood and no longer special powers. Everything that I can see as an influence on us, affairs and nature to a certain degree or not. Even if the degree is high, does that really make them or him or her God or just that they understand more.

second definition in the dictionnary: an image that is worshiped and admired; idol

thats a silly definition laugh.gif we all had or have idol, people or concept that we admired for one reason or another....it does not make them God in any religion sense anyway. Or any other I think. If we believe in a supreme God then yes we worshiped the image we have of him or her or it. But still that definition does not explain what God is, just that people worhiped it.

third definition: a person or thing deified or excessively honored and admired

if someone believe in a type of God...that comes with it.

fourth definition: religion, the creator and ruler of the universe, regarded as eternal, infinite, allpowerfull, and all-knowing; supreme being; Almighty.

this is the religious definition. The one that come into many persons mind when they hear the word God. Then who or what is it. A being somewhere or just a concept. I would not believe in a being somewhere. That would mean that we humans are God to many things we create. If these things had consciences they could easdily reguarde us as the ruler of their universe, eternal, infinite, allpowerfull and allknowing.

I cannot see myself worshipping something because it is more powerfull and more understanding than me. I will listen to its wisdom learn from it, that is all. But I wont reguard them or her or him or it as God. I think thinking that way is dangerous, a really advanced alien comes here and some would bow in worshiped to him....

if people think God is someone or something somewhere...how can they ever be sure if he talks to them...if it is really him or not something else. The fact is that they cant as much as they cant define excatly what he is.

In history as an example people worshipped their King and Queen as Gods like in Egypt. They where considered their creator, there ruler, immortal, infinite, allpowerfull and allknowing. Today we know that they where not God, they where humans. But still they had the same definition and where considered Gods.

Today some define God as who awaits us after death, a concept of an afterlife a powerfull, allknowing person etc...in that dimension. Truth is, we dont really know. Perhaps there is a hierarchy there too. Perhaps he is indeed capable of all those things.....But if he exist somewhere....then is there something greater?...it just never stops.

Then some will say, he is everything, the first, the last. we cannot look at him...perhaps because there is no way we can. If he is everything, everywhere then this is what he is everything everywhere. We cannot look at him in its totality, with logic it is impossible because it would put us over him. And if he is the all-mighty, then there is nothing over him.

Then if he is everything, then this sounds like the universal consciousness some talk about or that everything and everyone is part of God. At that point we cannot say that God is nice or evil or compassionate....He is everything, bad, good, balanced, chaotic...etc...

If he is only one of those attributes, then he is only a part of what reality is, thus not everything. Thus there must be something greater.....

so if you ask me, do you believe that God is somewhere and awaits you when you die and etc..etc..

No, for I would call it another name...If a being somewhere come and see me and say bow before your God....I would probably ask who is your God?

if you ask me if God is everything and everywhere, universal consciousness, we are part of him even my computer.

I would say yes perhaps....but maybe. How can we know if in all this universal consciousness that there is a allmighty consciouness that knows it all. An awareness of its being and all of what it encompass? Is it aware or not?

If its not aware, then there is no god, just a universal consciousness that moves around and grow depending on each indiviudal, action, reaction, life and death...etc

If it is aware, then yes perhaps it could be considered God. But how can we know for sure that it is aware of being...

Now if we takes us as an example. We are aware of our existance, but are we aware of everything inside our body, our mind every minutes, every second. No.

If that universal consciouness or whaterver you wish to call it, is indeed aware of its existance and all that is inside its existance. That is what I would consider God.

But I am not sure if it is reality. Now some may say, he talk to me, I heard messages from him etc.....for me this is not a proof of him. What is more likely is other beings, in this dimension or not sending out messages or truth wisom etc... How can we know for sure it is God.

So this is how I would personnaly define God, everything, universal consciounes that is AWARE of its existance and everything inside him. But I am not sure if this is the case and will probably dont know until I am right beside him looking at everything and he says Hi...what took you so long laugh.gif

Now if I look at the other side. Perhaps everything and everyone are just an accident of atoms and physics etc... and there is no higher purpose. Perhaps everything is just an illusion. Who knows

So right now until that happens. I stay in the middle. Believing that all these concept or beliefs could be a possibilty of the truth or not. I prefer not to choose any side.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• LittleIrishVampiress

• Talon

• RaginCajun

Top Posters In This Topic

Know and BElieve are to different things - right Stellar?

First the seed knows and then it becomes, I didn't vote (except, I did vote for Kerry, oh well hes no better...)

Anyway thats just my 2 cents worth w00t.gif

*refuses to be tricked rofl.gif

Know and BElieve are to different things - right Stellar?

Know and think are absolutely different things. When you say you know something, you're saying that theres no chance that you're wrong, and you're also saying that everyone else with a different opinion is wrong. Think and believe is something different because when someone says they think god exists or they believe god exists, it leaves open the possibility to reason with them and they admit to themselves that they can be wrong.

This is all very nice and all... but.. where's my cookie?

This is all very nice and all... but.. where's my cookie?

433714[/snapback]

Its in the mail.

wait, how can you know god dosnt exist? wouldnt you need some kind of proof to be absolutely sure of this? i think you should never just say "theres no way he exists" you should leave your options open. if you dont believe thats fine, you've come to that conclusion yourself, but you don't know.

im voting i think he does.

wait, how can you know god dosnt exist? wouldnt you need some kind of proof to be absolutely sure of this? i think you should never just say "theres no way he exists" you should leave your options open. if you dont believe thats fine, you've come to that conclusion yourself, but you don't know.

433740[/snapback]

Exactly.

oh and i just read you're 16...you sure know alot for someone who is only a year older than me! grin2.giftongue.gif

433740[/snapback]

yes, but the same could be said for religious people too. this might inflame your oppostites.

i have a feeling about what you just said...

Edited by RaginCajun

433740[/snapback]

yes, but the same could be said for religious people too. this might inflame your oppostites.

i have a feeling about what you just said...

433816[/snapback]

hah? what do you mean by that last bit? inflame my opposites?? a feeling about what i just said?? hmm.gif

well, see thats where i get a little confused. some say they know god exists. do they have proof? maybe, only not proof they can present to others...but still proof..right? so they do know, maybe because they've made contact of some sort (real contact, not imaginery tongue.gif ). but they cant prove it. if you dont believe in god however, how can you prove he dosnt exist?? thats impossible. so someone can know god exists (i think, not sure here blush.gif ) but someone cant know he dosn't.

see, its confusing! laugh.gif

ragin, im getting anxious here waiting for your post! tongue.gif its taking you ages! rofl.gif

well, see thats where i get a little confused. some say they know god exists. do they have proof? maybe, only not proof they can present to others...but still proof..right? so they do know, maybe because they've made contact of some sort (real contact, not imaginery tongue.gif ).

How do they know its not imaginary? When someone claims they have proof that no one else can see, it cant be proof because it cant be examined and verified. It can therefor be written off as a possible hallucination, or a leap to a conclusion.

hmm...i see, but what if its not imaginery, they did infact make contact or whatever, would that then be regarded as knowing he exists?

vamp said:

"if you dont believe in god however, how can you prove he dosnt exist?? thats impossible. so someone can know god exists (i think, not sure here ) but someone cant know he dosn't."

i say:

So many people are saying they have seen Elves. Stories about Eves have been around for a while. Photographs, multiple eyewitnesses, and even videos. This could be true that they saw something or they could just be crazy. There has been no evidence for almost as long as we have lived. You don’t believe that Elves are alive I presume and I don’t too.

YOUR STATEMENT IS A CLASSIC; I HAVE FAITH IN THIS AND NO PROOF TO SUPPORT IT.

WHERE SCIENCE SAYS WELL, WE HAVE PROOF FOR OUR STATEMENTS AND IT’S OFFERED TO YOU FREELY TO OBSERVE…

You see my comparision????

Well, for all the things I say that 'I know' about on this board, I can safely say I know God exists. The poll isn't in the athiests favor here btw, what were you trying to find out Stellar?

Whether people believe in God or not doesn't detract from the fact that HE exists.

You can say that you don't believe there are other galaxies out there, because you can't normally see them with the naked eye, but that doesn't stop the reality of it existing.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Opinions are worthless if the face of reality. And you can spin that statement around all you like, it's still your opinion.

nope ashley girl i base many things i say on facts...go do some research...i think yours is based on faith not facts i will not respect your ideas girlie.

Edited by RaginCajun

Your stance on God

He's the most profitable fictional character of all time, I hope the churches are happy, their earning more a year in donations to line their pockets than all the Third World Nations put together.

You can say that you don't believe there are other galaxies out there, but that doesn't stop the reality of it existing.

Ever considered though that rather than him thinking something and you know he's wrong, its actually you thinking something and him knowing your wrong?

Edited by Talon S.

YOUR STATEMENT IS A CLASSIC; I HAVE FAITH IN THIS AND NO PROOF TO SUPPORT IT. 

WHERE SCIENCE SAYS WELL, WE HAVE PROOF FOR OUR STATEMENTS AND IT’S OFFERED TO YOU FREELY TO OBSERVE…

You see my comparision????

433868[/snapback]

yes, but science has neither proof for the existance or non-existance of god, so i am left with the choice myself. i choose he does because it makes more sense to me than there being no god. someone else, for their own reasons, will come to their own conclusion.

Your stance on God

He's the most profitable fictional character of all time, I hope the churches are happy, their earning more a year in donations to line their pockets than all the Third World Nations put together.

You can say that you don't believe there are other galaxies out there, but that doesn't stop the reality of it existing.

Ever considered though that rather than him thinking something and you know he's wrong, its actually you thinking something and him knowing your wrong?

433879[/snapback]

I know it's not that way. And I edited that part of the post so it made more sense.

Here's another one

Well, for all the things I say that 'I know' about on this board, I can safely say I know God exists. The poll isn't in the athiests favor here btw, what were you trying to find out Stellar?

Whether people believe in God or not doesn't detract from the fact that HE exists.

it's still your opinion.

How come you 'know', yet he just has an opinion? Why not, he 'knows', and you just have an 'opinion'.

vamp:

you said:

"yes, but science has neither proof for the existance or non-existance of god"

i write:

and the bible does???? i can't believe you said proof... rofl.gif

40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant. If you believe that the human mind is all-knowing, why is that even people who refuse to believe in God try to find 'higher intelligence' in alien life? Aliens (if they even exist) are the Nephillim, the hybrid children of the fallen angels. People claim that they say they are a 'sterile race'. Of course they would be, and if it is true that they have these 'breeding programs' that just further proves prophecy. Jesus said, that in the end it will be like in the time before Noah. In the time before Noah, the angels were with human women creating hybrids. No matter where you go, no matter where you look, it still links back to God.

vamp:

you said:

"yes, but science has neither proof for the existance or non-existance of god"

i write:

and the bible does????  i can't believe you said proof... rofl.gif

433886[/snapback]

hah? i never said the bible was proof of anything, and never said anything that indicated so! ive never even read the bible (well, maybe children's bibles tongue.gif ) and as far as im concerned its a story book. i don't think you're understanding me at all here.