Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Your stance on God

Stellar

What is your stance on God?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What is your stance on God?

• I know he/she/they exist.
    • I think he/she/they exist.
    • I think god doesnt exist.
    • I know god doesnt exist.

I believe in God, but I can't explain why certain things happen the way they do. I agree that what happened with the Tsunami was a terrible terrible tragedy...but I also know that many people in this forum also agree that the end of the world is inevitable...and that there are certain things that lead up to its destruction.

Maybe this was one of those things. unsure.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• LittleIrishVampiress

• Talon

• RaginCajun

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, quote tags dont work in lengthy posts... They didnt work until I cut my post in half. Hmm...

40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant.

Mods, can I draw your attention to this PLEASE.

Agreed, please refrain from referring to people with beliefs that do not match your own as 'ignorant'. Everyone is entitled to their own views.

Apparently, quote tags dont work in lengthy posts...

You might have had an open quote tag somewhere that you didn't see, which would stop the quotes further on in the post from working.

You might have had an open quote tag somewhere that you didn't see, which would stop the quotes further on in the post from working.

Not a chance. I spent over an hour looking for one in another thread... they were all done right. When I cut up the post into smaller halves, it worked. Same here. Originally, the tags didnt work. I cut half of it out of one post and made a new post with the other half, then it started working. No changes at all, simply cut and paste.

I can't explain that at all, sounds like it could be a bug. I'll look into it.

Edit

There is actually a limit on the number of permitted quote tags, which has now been increased to 15. If someone tries to make a post with more than 15 tags, they will receive an error message.

This is due to a problem that can cause some browsers to crash if there are too many quote tags.

Edited by SaRuMaN

*votes: "I think God doesn't exist"*

This topic has been really huge, and I don't really care to read through eight pages...but I do find it interesting that the ratio of religious people saying they "know", as opposed to the athiests, more than half of whom say they "think"...

Says something about the people who are always accusing athiests of being close minded and bladeblabla huh.gif

I've picked the second. But then I believe that you cannot know anything spiritual for sure until you are dead (but you can have as much faith as possible). As for knowledge of the world, science, you cannot really know anything to be 100% sure at all, given that new theories can be developed everyday and the possibly dynamic nature of things. That's why I think thinking doesn't hurt integrity of one's belief and that it beautifully separates knowledge and belief from one's ego.

Very well said Q-La, this is what I think too.

we are always learning about everything, we are not all knowing. So I think it is safe to say that what we believe in, may be wrong.

I think some have to remember that everything are about perception, put 2 diferent people in the same situation, same circumstances and they will not see and unerstand the same exact thing. So even if some say they where proven something, it may not be a proof to someone else.

Another things, we always hear about our free will. Then we are free to all think and deduce as we will. If God cannot be looked upon. Then I guess it is safe to say that those who will ''imagine'' him, will see him all kinds of diferent way and some won't want or won't be able to. I dont think it is our place to convert or say people are wrong. It may very well be us that is wrong in the end.

We are all here to learn and to grow, and we all do it our own way. It all leads to death anyways, after that we shall see when we get there. What we think about it now is only speculation.

Makes me think about people who where tired of skeptic always bashing....if some people are wrapped up in their own faith and not open to other possibilities or that they may be wrong... for me they are guilty of the same ''crime''.

[quote=Stellar,Jan 3 2005, 05:20 AM

Exactly. You *think* theres a god. You dont *know* that theres a god though.

i know i don't know. how could i know? as far as i can see, no-one knows. its all a matter of opinion isn't it? original.gif

i know i don't know. how could i know? as far as i can see, no-one knows. its all a matter of opinion isn't it?

Exactly. Thats what I said.

i know i don't know. how could i know? as far as i can see, no-one knows. its all a matter of opinion isn't it?

434940[/snapback]

Exactly. Anyone who tells you anything different is trying to sell you something...

To be honest i don't really care if there is or if there isn't hmm.gif

Maybe my feelings will change as i grow older rofl.gif

434940[/snapback]

ok then! laugh.gif

and he should for the rest of you !!!

My god is Chris Benoit! And by your logic, I'm well in my rights to demand you worship him too tongue.gif

To be honest i don't really care if there is or if there isn't  hmm.gif

You might not care at the moment BUT believe me you will do when your bones are brittle and your skin is wrinkly and certain parts of your body start to sag, you will be frail and then that natural instinct will kick in tongue.gif if not then maybe sooner laugh.gif

My god is Chris Benoit! And by your logic, I'm well in my rights to demand you worship him too tongue.gif

lol laugh.gif get away tongue.gif my GOD is Allah and he is yours too, maybe we can discuss this after death and settle the arguement for good thumbsup.gif

lol laugh.gif get away tongue.gif my GOD is Allah and he is yours too, maybe we can discuss this after death and settle the arguement for good

Thats not gonna happen though.

Don't be absurd. So now I'm actually obligated to follow your mythology? tongue.gif I no more believe in your deity than I believe Gandalf is suddenly going to knock on my door, nor do I have any reason to.

My point is, however, that there's no reason why "he should for all of you!" This is not a church, and you are not in a pulpit. Kindly do not tell us what we should or shouldn't believe.

Kindly do not tell us what we should or shouldn't believe.

442193[/snapback]

No one has the right to tell you what to believe in....its strictly your choice and free will.

I voted "I know he/she/they exist."

lol laugh.gif get away tongue.gif my GOD is Allah and he is yours too, maybe we can discuss this after death and settle the arguement for good thumbsup.gif

442189[/snapback]

He's not mine... Though I've already posted who gods I worship... no need to delve intoto that again.

Out of respect, please don't push your beliefs on other's like that...

I think god in some shape or form exists, but not like the Christians picture it, and if he/she exists, it's not in the Christian form. Why is it god anyway, I like the sound of the Goddess much better.  blush.gif

432664[/snapback]

I know God exists, but only in the Christian form, as the bible dictates, and as God himself speaks to us.

Why is it God? Because God tells us he is a HE. The symbolism of that you won't understand.

'gods; and 'goddess's' are a completely demonic and pagan diety. pagans worshipped godesses at the time of the roman empire. Then the roman church took a p*** on christianity by making mary like a goddess. Sure, minor gods exist, and people worship them all the time. Lucifer and his followers wish to be worshipped like God, and above God. Humans, being the corruptable and weak creatures that we are, are extremely succeptable to his temptations and lies.

Allah is not the Christian God. Why? Lucifer immitates God whenever he can. Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue. The Christian Bible, which was written hundereds and hundereds of years before Muhammed had his "revelation", clearly states the God made the Covenant with Abraham's son ISAAC, and NOT Ishmael. It says the sons of Ishmael will be as a wild ass and fight constantly with his brethren Muhammed stated hundereds and hundereds of years later that the cobenant was made with Ishmael, and not isaac. This is wrong, and is easily proven so. The Muslim God is not the same as the Christian God because of this fundemental difference.

"Silver Couger", out of respect, kindly don't push your disbelief onto others.

"Seraphina" I feel sorry for you. To need God is a wonderful thing. He blesses your life with joy, riches, and emotional support.

My god is Chris Benoit! And by your logic, I'm well in my rights to demand you worship him too

Ah, a wrestling fan. This finally explains it all.

And to say God is all opinion and no one knows? Sure, that's fine if truth is subjective. But truth cannot be subjective or invented. It must be persued. Otherwise, it creates a paradox. Something which is able to be persued, can be obtained. Obtain the truth of God, and you will become enlightened.

The most powerful people in the world fall into these categories: God's solider, or God's enemy.

Hmm, funny... God needs soldiers to die for him.