Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Stellar

Your stance on God

What is your stance on God?  

52 members have voted

  1. 1. What is your stance on God?

    • I know he/she/they exist.
      24
    • I think he/she/they exist.
      5
    • I think god doesnt exist.
      12
    • I know god doesnt exist.
      11


124 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

RaginCajun

ashley ....A. child:

40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant.

hehehehe... laugh.gif

40% of the religious people in the world believe in science. The other 60% are just ignorant.

Edited by RaginCajun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaginCajun

what i meant instead of bible was..hmmm..hhmmmm...

and your faith becomes facts???? what?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good Ol Skeptico

Why can't we all just kiss and make up? huh.gif Those who don't believe in God have their reasons, those who do believe in God have theirs! There's no point in trying to debunk each other and telling them that they're wrong! Once someone has made up their mind on a thing like this its hard to get them to change it.

I for one believe in God but I've done my preaching elsewhere. thumbsup.gif

Edited by psycho skeptic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleIrishVampiress
what i meant instead of bible was..hmmm..hhmmmm...

and your faith becomes facts????  what?????

433901[/snapback]

now you have completely lost me huh.gif

i havn't a clue want you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon
40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant.

Again your stating the arrogant view that you are correct, and demanding to that everyone except they are mistaken, yet not for one second wondering if its the other way around. Your answers would show so much more credibility if you would admit your own chances of being wrong while demanding other do.

Why is it that the majority of scientists are wrong? And you also ignore that there are different forms of science each with totally different fields, biologists for example will be far more informed on the subject than chemists. Also, scientists like any other people can be taught something form birth. If someone is taught god exists, and becomes a scientist, it does not mean they will change their belief system.

If you believe that the human mind is all-knowing,

You are mistaken. Science does not believe humans are all-knowing. The fact science exists to investigate the world and find out how it works is testament to this. And it is the evidence they find which they base their answers on. Alternatively religious people form arguements on a 2000 year old book with no attempt at invesigation.

why is that even people who refuse to believe in God try to find 'higher intelligence' in alien life?

Because statistically speaking the chances of us being allone is so small it would be arrogant to assume we are alone without invesitaging it first.

Aliens (if they even exist) are the Nephillim, the hybrid children of the fallen angels.

Again your making judgements without providing evidence.

People claim that they say they are a 'sterile race'

What aleins? Unlikely, since we haven't officially documented any alien species we don't know what to say about them and have no proof to base that one.

Jesus said, that in the end it will be like in the time before Noah

Jesus can say what he likes, he was attempting to predict events and thus is open to the same criticism all sociologists are when they make such predictions.

No matter where you go, no matter where you look, it still links back to God.

In your opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaginCajun

Why can't we all just kiss and make up? huh.gif Those who don't believe in God have their reasons, those who do believe in God have theirs! There's no point in trying to debunk each other and telling them that they're wrong! Once someone has made up their mind on a thing like this its hard to get them to change it.

i rest my case with a well thought out post written by psycho...^^^^ thumbsup.gif

Edited by RaginCajun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleIrishVampiress
Why can't we all just kiss and make up?  huh.gif Those who don't believe in God have their reasons, those who do believe in God have theirs! There's no point in trying to debunk each other and telling them that they're wrong! Once someone has made up their mind on a thing like this its hard to get them to change it.

i rest my case with a well thought out post...^^^^ thumbsup.gif

433911[/snapback]

so you're not going to explain what you're saying? im really confused here wacko.gif

i get the impression that you think im just a fool whos put my faith in something that mightn't even exist.

i am aware that god mightn't exist, after all theres no proof of his existance so why should i? but i came to the conclusion, why shouldn't i? its possible, in my opinion, more possible that he does. others will find it more possible he dosn't. its your choice, as you have nothing to go by, you have to ask questions and come to your own conclusion. science dosn't come into it, and neither does the bible! tongue.gif for me it wasn't faith, it was a choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good Ol Skeptico

Ya talkin' to me or Cajun? huh.gif I don't think you're a fool! thumbsup.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ashley-Star*Child
40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant.

Again your stating the arrogant view that you are correct, and demanding to that everyone except they are mistaken, yet not for one second wondering if its the other way around. Your answers would show so much more credibility if you would admit your own chances of being wrong while demanding other do.

Why is it that the majority of scientists are wrong? And you also ignore that there are different forms of science each with totally different fields, biologists for example will be far more informed on the subject than chemists. Also, scientists like any other people can be taught something form birth. If someone is taught god exists, and becomes a scientist, it does not mean they will change their belief system.

If you believe that the human mind is all-knowing,

You are mistaken. Science does not believe humans are all-knowing. The fact science exists to investigate the world and find out how it works is testament to this. And it is the evidence they find which they base their answers on. Alternatively religious people form arguements on a 2000 year old book with no attempt at invesigation.

why is that even people who refuse to believe in God try to find 'higher intelligence' in alien life?

Because statistically speaking the chances of us being allone is so small it would be arrogant to assume we are alone without invesitaging it first.

Aliens (if they even exist) are the Nephillim, the hybrid children of the fallen angels.

Again your making judgements without providing evidence.

People claim that they say they are a 'sterile race'

What aleins? Unlikely, since we haven't officially documented any alien species we don't know what to say about them and have no proof to base that one.

Jesus said, that in the end it will be like in the time before Noah

Jesus can say what he likes, he was attempting to predict events and thus is open to the same criticism all sociologists are when they make such predictions.

No matter where you go, no matter where you look, it still links back to God.

In your opinion

433910[/snapback]

The ratio IS 40% believe in God, 60% don't. The 60% are ignorant. The rest of your post is just an opinion. Any proof you are shown that backs up existence of God you discredit. Like alot of things in many fields of scince, alot of ignorant people with tunnel-vision that believe they are all-knowing, discrediting everything that may smash their beautiful version of 'reality'. Science has been proven wrong on alot of things because it was based someone's fantasy of explaining the world. Those 2000 year old texts only find error in tranlsations and people's interpretations. The words ring true, and it stands the test of time. Can science say the same? No, it's theories are like bubblegum, you chew it up and spit it out.

And I'm quite aware that there are many types of science, and there are good sides to science too, but some fields of it are just utter crap.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleIrishVampiress
Ya talkin' to me or Cajun?  huh.gif I don't think you're a fool!  thumbsup.gif

433937[/snapback]

no no, im not talking to you hun! wink2.gif

im just getting all confused, its too late at night, or to be more correct, too early in the morning! rofl.gif

i think ive got my point across tongue.gif now i think ill go to bed happy.gif

Edited by LittleIrishVampiress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon
The ratio IS 40% believe in God, 60% don't. The 60% are ignorant.

Again your stilling to arogance.

The rest of your post is just an opinion.

No it isn't, because I am providing no opinion on whether god exists or not, nor I am making any other argument. I am making statements on your own words, not making a case for a debate.

Any proof you are shown that backs up existence of God you discredit.

Since you haven't profided any evidence in god I have not commented on the issue. As I said, I have been picking apart your arrogance not your faith.

Did you even bother to read before replying?

Like alot of things in many fields of scince, alot of ignorant people with tunnel-vision that believe they are all-knowing.

Its possible. But for all you know that is the 40% you are agreeing with.

You haven't thought this through have you.

Science has been proved wrong on alot of things because it was someone's fantasy of explaining the world.

Thats why it continues to investgate, so it can constantly update what we know, or think we know. However, most modern science does not just make up fantasy's, they create a hypthesis and then investigate it to see whether its true or not. Always with evidence.

This constrasts sharply with the bible which was written 2000 in a less advanced culture and has never been updated when elements are proven false.

Could you explain why the bible does not count as 'someone's fantasy of explaining the world'?

The those 2000 year old texts only find error in tranlsations and people's interpretations. The words ring true, and it stands the test of time. Can science say the same? No, it's theories are like bubblegum, you chew it up and spit it out.

Actually modern science is new. Science of the last 2000 years has just been assumptions (like alchemy) with no foundations other than myth, and this do not even deserve to be in the same sentence as modern forms of invesitgation.

As for the bible's word, its been posted tons of times on this sight things such as Noah's Ark which didn't happen, and the proof evolvution would surely count against the lack of proof of adam and eve.

And I'm quite aware that there are many types of science, and there are good sides to science too, but some fields of it are just crap.

Like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good Ol Skeptico

Hmm...this sounds like a big 'proof' fight to me! Wasn't this forum about the stance of God? huh.gif

As for the bible's word, its been posted tons of times on this sight things such as Noah's Ark which didn't happen, and the proof evolvution would surely count against the lack of proof of adam and eve.

Can ya prove it? devil.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon
As for the bible's word, its been posted tons of times on this sight things such as Noah's Ark which didn't happen, and the proof evolvution would surely count against the lack of proof of adam and eve.

Can ya prove it?

Sure, look on the search menu for other threads like this (there are hundreds of them) and you'll see articles and posts of people taking appart events in the bible.

As for proving that evolution is the opposing arguement for Adam and Eve.... well... that surely is obvious to anyone so I'll let someone else explain what the difference is between the two to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whoa182

Aliens are fallen angels?

AM I LIVING IN A WORLD that has gone MAD ! ohmy.gif

Mabey one day I can leave this world and start a colonization some where in space w00t.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good Ol Skeptico
QUOTE

QUOTE

As for the bible's word, its been posted tons of times on this sight things such as Noah's Ark which didn't happen, and the proof evolvution would surely count against the lack of proof of adam and eve.

Can ya prove it?

Sure, look on the search menu for other threads like this (there are hundreds of them) and you'll see articles and posts of people taking appart events in the bible.

As for proving that evolution is the opposing arguement for Adam and Eve.... well... that surely is obvious to anyone so I'll let someone else explain what the difference is between the two to you.

I was just bein' an @$$ Talon! thumbsup.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whoa182
Can science say the same? No, it's theories are like bubblegum, you chew it up and spit it out.

Because science actually progress. Intelligence and understanding moves forward. Religion is stuck in the past. You are stuck in the past.

Why should I live my life to what some idiot said 2000 years ago. thumbsup.gif

They said heaven was up in the skies. No it was SPACE

They said the earth was flat. nope wrong

They said lightening was caused by god when he was angry , WRONG!

its basicly like a bunch of chinese whispers lol. Its a shame than human intelligence for the majority of the population hasnt advanced.

Mabey we need a new education system. hmmm

And where the **** was you're god when this wave killed 150,000 people?

Some evil god you believe in. devil.gif

Edited by whoa182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon
I was just bein' an @$$ Talon! 

ah, okay grin2.gif

its basicly like a bunch of chinese whispers lol. Its a shame than human intelligence for the majority of the population hasnt advanced.

Well if we beleive Weber, then rationalization of society will end religion after stage two of society development. thumbsup.gif However, we should fear the final Stage 4 as it reads like something out of a George Orwell novel sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon
And where the **** was you're god when this wave killed 150.000 people?

Apparently God follows a no intervention clause in relation to humans... unless something good happens like if a baby survived that flood all alone, then it becomes a mircle and God is thanked for stepping in to save him. flip-flop is the key word in religion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whoa182
And where the **** was you're god when this wave killed 150.000 people?

Apparently God follows a no intervention clause in relation to humans... unless something good happens like if a baby survived that flood all alone, then it becomes a mircle and God is thanked for stepping in to save him. flip-flop is the key word in religion.

433996[/snapback]

I was watching the News channel earlier on and the interview and a said, Are you now questioning you're faith. the christian guy says " no it has infact made my faith stronger, its just proof that god exists because he saved peoples lives in all of this "

well gee... i mean some people surviving, that has to be a miracle! sleepy.gif

wacko.gif

Then you had the POPE saying, You see GOD hasnt abandoned us. If there is a god he abandoned people when he let 150.000 people die

Edited by whoa182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon

That Sky news? They've had people saying that all day long that more people would be dead if not for god saving them.

Even had some lunatic saying that it was probably all sinners who died and it was like a second flood. Yeah right, only a religious person could think a baby was giulty of something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThePortal

from where this thread seems to be leading Stellar...it just seems to be proving your point.

Ashley, I am not the type to judge...but please keep an open mind for other explanation...many things you say are really scary

Aliens are fallen angels?

AM I LIVING IN A WORLD that has gone MAD !  ohmy.gif

yes laugh.gif wonder why they dont come and visit us now.....half of the people bowing and worshipping them, the other trying to kill them

Mabey one day I can leave this world and start a colonization some where in space w00t.gif

count me in rofl.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whoa182

Zeus Just spoke to me ohmy.gif

He just said that he will be showing himself and his power and will reveal himself on the 7th day of the 7th month on the 7th hour on the 7minute of 2007.

He said he is the 1 true god and not you're christian god

ZUES! FOREVER! thumbsup.gif

I KNOW HE SPOKE TO ME !.

Edited by whoa182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talon

Well.... the statement stated in that post is just as valid as any other religion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stellar
hmm...i see, but what if its not imaginery, they did infact make contact or whatever, would that then be regarded as knowing he exists?

Im sorry but how would the person know that? How often does a person hallucinating actually know he's hallucinating... ESPECIALLY when it hasnt happened before?

I can safely say I know God exists.

Nope, you cant. Theres no possible way you can.

The poll isn't in the athiests favor here btw, what were you trying to find out Stellar?

How is it in anyones favor? I was trying to find out which group is more likely to tolerate the other, and which group doesnt jump to conclusions. It seems that 50% of non believers dont, but only 14% of believers dont.

Whether people believe in God or not doesn't detract from the fact that HE exists.

Its not a fact. Thats the whole problem! People come around telling others that its a fact that god exists. THIS is what spawns the arguments. And 86% of the believers at least think this way, according to the pole. Theres a reason its called faith and a belief.

You can say that you don't believe there are other galaxies out there, because you can't normally see them with the naked eye, but that doesn't stop the reality of it existing.

But galaxies are proven to exist. God is not.

Opinions are worthless if the face of reality. And you can spin that statement around all you like, it's still your opinion.

Just as what you say is your *opinion*. The difference is, I am not scared to admit that its my opinion only. You, however, appear scared to admit your opinion is anything less than fact. You're an example of why the arguing starts.

yes, but science has neither proof for the existance or non-existance of god, so i am left with the choice myself. i choose he does because it makes more sense to me than there being no god. someone else, for their own reasons, will come to their own conclusion.

Exactly. You *think* theres a god. You dont *know* that theres a god though.

40% of the scientists in the world believe in God. The other 60% are just ignorant.

Mods, can I draw your attention to this PLEASE. Its bad enough when you start insulting one person, but when you start insulting MANY....

Aliens (if they even exist) are the Nephillim, the hybrid children of the fallen angels.

Again, you *think* that, you dont *know* that.

Edited by Stellar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stellar

Those who don't believe in God have their reasons, those who do believe in God have theirs! There's no point in trying to debunk each other and telling them that they're wrong! Once someone has made up their mind on a thing like this its hard to get them to change it.

This thread isnt for arguing. Notice when it turned into an argument: When Ashley came here claiming that her word is divine.

The ratio IS 40% believe in God, 60% don't. The 60% are ignorant.

Thats only your *opinion*. Oh and btw, I think they're far more informed than you. They actually had to pass years of post secondary education in their field.

The rest of your post is just an opinion. Any proof you are shown that backs up existence of God you discredit.

Any proof you are shown that that "proof" is faulty you discredit.

Like alot of things in many fields of scince, alot of ignorant people with tunnel-vision that believe they are all-knowing, discrediting everything that may smash their beautiful version of 'reality'.

Who here is saying they are all-knowing besides you? The rest of us talking to you seem pretty keen on pointing out that its our beliefs... yet you're there saying your opinion is a fact.

Those 2000 year old texts only find error in tranlsations and people's interpretations. The words ring true, and it stands the test of time.

I can say the same about pretty much any other religion.

Thats why it continues to investgate, so it can constantly update what we know, or think we know. However, most modern science does not just make up fantasy's, they create a hypthesis and then investigate it to see whether its true or not. Always with evidence.

Since the birth of the scientific method, science doesnt throw out old theories much. That rarely happens. What does happen is that the theories update themselves with new knowledge, and since they're called theories, they're already admitting the possibility that they're not complete. You can see the progression of science and its theories when you study chemistry in highschool. The new theory doesnt throw out the old theory, rather, the new theory updates the old theory because the old theory is more or less right.

Then you had the POPE saying, You see GOD hasnt abandoned us. If there is a god he abandoned people when he let 150.000 people die

No, lol, the funny one is when a religious leader comes up during something like the hurricanes in florida and says god hasnt abandoned us because no one (or very little) died. Then, a few months later, 150 000 people die in another natural disaster. Anyway, this is getting off topic.

from where this thread seems to be leading Stellar...it just seems to be proving your point.

Yes, and I actually expected Ashley to come in here and make such a demonstration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.