Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Woman blames car crash on Bigfoot sighting

32 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Lilly

Personally speaking, I think I'd rather hit a deer than hit a bigfoot. A really angry bigfoot would be far more trouble than any deer IMO.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14

She was looking at the Bigfoot in her rearview mirror which means the deer were outrunning her car as they fled the beast down US-95?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spud the mackem

Poor deer did it survive

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paperdyer

Well considering she only had minor neck injuries, as you can't sue a deer for damages, the deer may have survived.  It depends on whether or not the deer was clipped or was hit head on.  As the car was drivable the deer may have only gotten a glancing blow.  A German Shepard ran into my Dad's car in Philly many years ago.  The door was badly dented and the dog got up and ran off with no apparent injuries. The car was a 1960 Impala.  Not a light for flimsy car by any means.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

Unfortunately an animal can run away from being hit by a car (look just fine) and still be seriously injured. Impact injuries to internal organs often do not become evident until some time passes. Compression to internal organs often result in internal bleeding and eventual death.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles

I can't imagine a bigfoot being able to out run a deer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
oldrover

Well of course they can. Not existing means they benefit from very little wind resistance. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stiff

...and don't forget the portals.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paperdyer

@Lilly - True to the internal damage.  I was theorizing based on the relatively low level of injury to the driver.  No report of the air bag going off, so hopefully only minor injuries to the deer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
21 hours ago, Lilly said:

Personally speaking, I think I'd rather hit a deer than hit a bigfoot.

Exactly what I was thinking.

You can keep going after tapping a deer and the chances of it landing in your passenger seat is rare.  Reports said tensed woman so , she was really really tensed? I suppose, after seeing that in a mirror back there running around I'd be like YIKES! scary-smiley.gif?1292867668and punching the gas down GO ! then again, if I was partial to wine among other things -- I'd have a better story.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Cursed

Now I have full coverage on my car ............ but it may not cover hitting cryptids with it ........ so I am going for the deer too .... besides I can strap a deer over the hood ... but a bigfoot may not fit ... besides I do not know if they are as good eatin as deer ?

Edited by Forever Cursed
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Future ghost
19 hours ago, Lilly said:

Unfortunately an animal can run away from being hit by a car (look just fine) and still be seriously injured. Impact injuries to internal organs often do not become evident until some time passes. Compression to internal organs often result in internal bleeding and eventual death.

And even if they are severely injured, the adrenaline keeps them running, so it just seems like they're fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
back to earth

Yes, I blame my own car crash on bigfoot.     And  breaking my neighbours  borrowed chainsaw ?  Bigfoot  !

Apparently I got drunk on the weekend and abused some people  .....   Bigfoot .  

... Bigfoot made me do it . 

 

Image result for flip wilson

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker

For whatever reason, I totally do not believe her.

Bigfoot was running deer down a road and distracted her?? Really? At least she had the good sense to make up such a story in Idaho, rather then say, Connecticut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Cursed

Idaho ............no wonder he was chasing a deer ....... needed some meat to go with all those fries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myles
29 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

For whatever reason, I totally do not believe her.

Bigfoot was running deer down a road and distracted her?? Really? At least she had the good sense to make up such a story in Idaho, rather then say, Connecticut.

That bothered me too.   Deer typically dart off and changed directions quite a bit.    I don't think i have ever seen one running straight down a road. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxcred
2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

For whatever reason, I totally do not believe her.

Bigfoot was running deer down a road and distracted her?? Really? At least she had the good sense to make up such a story in Idaho, rather then say, Connecticut.

The incident occurred in Ohio, not Idaho. Ohio does have a large number of Bigfoots reports though, more than most other states in that part of the country.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
maxcred
7 minutes ago, maxcred said:

The incident occurred in Ohio, not Idaho. Ohio does have a large number of Bigfoots reports though, more than most other states in that part of the country.  

 

2 hours ago, DieChecker said:

For whatever reason, I totally do not believe her.

Bigfoot was running deer down a road and distracted her?? Really? At least she had the good sense to make up such a story in Idaho, rather then say, Connecticut.

Ok, I looked up Latah County and it is in Idaho, so that apparently is where the incident occurred but the article says Ohio.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

In case nobody got that . . . 

a little, itty bitty, bit`O background....  Idaho, known for its potatoes, its the potato state!

3 hours ago, Forever Cursed said:

Idaho ............no wonder he was chasing a deer ....... needed some meat to go with all those fries.


only in idaho "Yeah, did ya' SAVE ANY!??!?!?!?  , what no fixins for the stew?"

23 hours ago, Forever Cursed said:

besides I can strap a deer over the hood ... but a bigfoot may not fit ... besides I do not know if they are as good eatin as deer ?

I'm thinking as there are casinos in the West , the idea on the way home?3eb25af6cc7991028faea37610dd7365.jpg800px-+%D0%A7-600px_Big-Foot_3.jpg7163-jirywdypbv.jpg913ff314a7e5cf9f078771f7a4d1fe70.jpgBigfoot-Microgaming-Gokkast-Bonusgame.pn

 

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forever Cursed

I played that machine up the street ......... and like the Bigfoot wins were very elusive........... so it appears that the machine was named properly.

Edited by Forever Cursed
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
9 hours ago, maxcred said:

 

Ok, I looked up Latah County and it is in Idaho, so that apparently is where the incident occurred but the article says Ohio.

The actual article at Huff Post says Idaho all the way through, just the UM excerpt mentions Ohio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
12 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

The actual article at Huff Post says Idaho all the way through, just the UM excerpt mentions Ohio.

Yeah that's probably it.  HOWEVER !  I once was listening to the news in the early morning hours and it was about a bunch of girls at some college and I MEAN IT STARTED OUT AS MANY, or MULTIPLE! and I was thinking well I hope they all got to the hospital as it was over some drug or drugged.

You wouldn't believe how many times that story changed .... by 8 A.M. in the morning it was down to two girls, in a boys sorority, and it was about a date rape drug.

Was talking to others that day or then next and if I recall it had changed again and when I mentioned oh who knows what they report today its always changing to something different like earthquake readiings etc. etc. etc. and they looked at me like I was from Mars naturally, oh wellz at least they heard it.   HOLY CRAP enough chattting away now LATERZZZ!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
8 hours ago, Forever Cursed said:

Bigfoot wins were very elusive........... so it appears that the machine was named properly.

true true AND FUNNY ! tx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merc14
12 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Yeah that's probably it.  HOWEVER !  I once was listening to the news in the early morning hours and it was about a bunch of girls at some college and I MEAN IT STARTED OUT AS MANY, or MULTIPLE! and I was thinking well I hope they all got to the hospital as it was over some drug or drugged.

You wouldn't believe how many times that story changed .... by 8 A.M. in the morning it was down to two girls, in a boys sorority, and it was about a date rape drug.

Was talking to others that day or then next and if I recall it had changed again and when I mentioned oh who knows what they report today its always changing to something different like earthquake readiings etc. etc. etc. and they looked at me like I was from Mars naturally, oh wellz at least they heard it.   HOLY CRAP enough chattting away now LATERZZZ!

I believe there is so much competition to get the news out first today that the news directors leap before they know all the facts and end up looking foolish.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.