Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you gone from atheist to believer or....

ParaGirlsHauntedDiary

If you lived for 3 year in a house full of poltergeist activity... with  battery operated toys and wind up toys going off at once not randomly.. but well timed for affect .. toys speaking.. teasing house hold members... hearing foot steps running up the halls when your children are too young to escape their cots or to run...   if you toddlers can see them.. interact with them.. if you see your child fall from a highchair.. the seat belt of the high chair suddenly wrapping itself around the leg of the toddler.. it falling slow motion and stopping inches from the terracotta floor a split second before I could reach her...  if baby bottles disappear when there is no one there to take them and all reappear weeks later.. all lined up at the base of one of the baby's cots... all curdled to cheese... if baby bottles formula curdles within 20 minutes... if visitors are frightened by electronic toys interrupting conversations.. and other toys suddenly chiming in from the toy boxes...  if your twin babies go crazy at certain times of the day between 5:00 and 7:00  refuse to go in their rooms at that time.. and then  for a split second see a lady dressed in  denim colored long  dress  that people wore over hundred years ago  clothes entering that room during that time....  if years later you find out from your  old  next door neighbor that the house had sold 3 times in the past 10 years  as each of the owners were spooked by the hauntings..    and that is just one house..  3 years of ghostly experiences just in One house... I am not mentioning the other haunting experiences in the house before or after...   Especially if the whole lot was witnessed by others also at that time over the years..  you would be a fool to dismiss it..

• Like 1

WOW!

holy

as

in

here's
a

Little

HOLY WATER! teehee!holy_water_flask_funny_flask-ra19054d27c.... yeah its not exactly pinot noir but it does in pinch

the kicker
I knew
A PRIEST
THAT HAD ONE !

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

When we moved and bought an old 1970's house there was a lot going on there too.. I found out much later that the previous owner  was a bit of a beast to her kids.. and inherited kids after her daughter died... several sensitive people who visited our house sense or saw someone hanging in the garage...  alarms kept on going of randomly when no one set them and also the 2:30 in the morning which I think is peak haunting time.. as that is when the toys used to go off in the last house... and the burlger alarms went off in the new place

• Like 1

Do you know that you cannot buy holy water anywhere.. I even went to churches.. I am Catholic..  told them about the situation and they refused!!!   I managed to get some from a friend who went to Rome and got some ... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

so the 2:30 in the morning which I think is peak haunting time.. as that is when the toys used to go off in the last house... and the burlger alarms went off in the new place

People have said, aftermidnight or just after to be clear, hardly, not my experience. key 1 ~ 3 A.M. for who knows why.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MWoo7 said:

far as I know Rome but then again I've Italian in the family, has its uses hahahahahha!

It was an Italian family that helped me there.. :) 

• Like 1

Well as I can only say from some in my family, when they say things, sometimes or at times, even for me its like too serious, like an Uncle or Aunt would mention something in the kitchen and we all know, well don't elaborate or ask questions, they were serious when they quickly mentioned something, I"M LIKE GOD!  but don't say much, kind of lucky  OR NOT ! that I even heard it hahahahahaa!  No I can't even hint of details or the tiny little things in conversation.  Suffice to say , from the old world, they are the real deal.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank Merton said:

Well my opinion is there is no God and there are no ghosts.  There probably are aliens but they are so far away we will almost certainly never encounter them.

What else?  Well, there are probably quite a few as yet undiscovered species, but nothing spectacular (you know -- a rare monkey here, a cave spider there, etc.)  While these are worth trying to find, they are not going to change the course of history (an exception might be certain microbes).

Well, the fact is the belief in God has certainly influenced the course of history. Frank,  I believe beneath the hide of the gnarly atheist that you are beats the heart of a good man. Thank you for your service. Here's some good-natured humor--just for you.                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kR_XG1DnDs

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 5

Your such a lovey dovey , edit , sweet and sweetie pie tx on the churchy feel good link. Like the Home Depot bits.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 2

I don't deny that belief in capital G God or all the other little g gods has shaped human history. 

Though it goes both ways, human history has also shaped the gods. 

God gets much less powerful the further into recorded history we get. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Well, the fact is the belief in God has certainly influenced the course of history. Frank,  I believe beneath the hide of the gnarly atheist that you are beats the heart of a good man. Thank you for your service. Here's some good-natured humor--just for you.                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kR_XG1DnDs

Oh there is no doubt belief in God has influenced the course of history.  That is a large part why I don't believe.

I don't think of myself as a gnarly atheist.  I have a few warts but no gnarls that I know of.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

People have said, aftermidnight or just after to be clear, hardly, not my experience. key 1 ~ 3 A.M. for who knows why.

maybe it depends on where you live here on Earth... all my weirdest experiences have been 2:30 at night.. or 4:30 in the afternoon...    but it also happened randomly.. just to freak others out.. I thought it was cool..   I felt a little protected as my husband was working overseas most of the time..    they were amusing .. especially with the Fischer price toys that speak..   every time he arrived from a long distance trip... the toy would go off and say ... this is a pig... oink oink...   even when the toy was facing the wrong side to say this.. or after we took the batteries out... I must admit he was rather a chauvinist.. :)   After the humor wore off.. and  the Fischer Price ball toys kept interrupting him with cheeky responses.. we had to throw it out..  as he started to feel uncomfortable... ( he was used to ghosts too.. grew up with them.. ( Scottish Irish... fey... )  he had Aunts that used to lay a place on the table for the departed and chat to them... :)    and he could actually see the spirits that were moving things... I just saw them move...

• Like 1

Hammer

I especially liked the last line of the vid you sent to gnarl-free Frank.

I learned a lot of things in Bible college that I never read in the Bible.

So, is the topic God, ghosts or the price of Holy Water? (Of course they don't sell it. They do give it away, however. Also, you can make your own, it's just a pinch of salt in a lot of water, one of the more direct and unaltered borrowings from the pagan neighbors - salt preserves, get it? Keep it highly diluted, however, or it'll corrode that cool hip flask.)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

it doesn't matter how you refer to the extra dimensional influences... where the spirits of the departed go... ( with the vastness of the Universe .. I don't think God would have time to interact with an individual that often.. unless it was the local representative of all the collective consciousnesses.. in charge of the district's scattered spirits... or the graduated ones that took posts as angels and archangels.. or what ever else they call their  bureaucratic   organizational placement systems ... :)   There has to be something there... their can't just be random spirits from all the ages.. all the worlds.. just floating about .. throwing in their influences here or there.. possessing people at will...   then  B|   maybe they are !!!  Do you think there are rule makers.. rules and regulations in the heavens ???

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Hammer

I especially liked the last line of the vid you sent to gnarl-free Frank.

I learned a lot of things in Bible college that I never read in the Bible.

So, is the topic God, ghosts or the price of Holy Water? (Of course they don't sell it. They do give it away, however. Also, you can make your own, it's just a pinch of salt in a lot of water, one of the more direct and unaltered borrowings from the pagan neighbors - salt preserves, get it? Keep it highly diluted, however, or it'll corrode that cool hip flask.)

I thought that they had to have some sort of energetic vibrational frequency that empowers it rather than salt.. if it were just salt water then most of the earth would be constantly purified anyway.. the salty seas.. the evaporated rain.. the salty soils.. our salty foods.. our salty sweat and tears...   :) 

• Like 2

Oh there is no doubt belief in God has influenced the course of history.  That is a large part why I don't believe.

I don't think of myself as a gnarly atheist.  I have a few warts but no gnarls that I know of.

Figure of speech, Frank. Never-the-less, some of your posts are pretty gnarly.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Figure of speech, Frank. Never-the-less, some of your posts are pretty gnarly.

I work hard on my posts, to make them as effective as possible and sometimes to step on toes.  One cannot however go into great length, or one doesn't get read, so one must be short and sometimes that means curt.  (Many of the things I post are longer than I want them to be, but often I know that omitting certain points is just opening the door to obfuscation, so sometimes I can't avoid it).

Oh, by the way, I knew you were being poetical -- I was trying to respond in like manner.

Edited by Frank Merton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I work hard on my posts, to make them as effective as possible and sometimes to step on toes.  One cannot however go into great length, or one doesn't get read, so one must be short and sometimes that means curt.  (Many of the things I post are longer than I want them to be, but often I know that omitting certain points is just opening the door to obfuscation, so sometimes I can't avoid it).

Oh, by the way, I knew you were being poetical -- I was trying to respond in like manner.

I know, sometimes I'm just too acute.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

it doesn't matter how you refer to the extra dimensional influences... where the spirits of the departed go... ( with the vastness of the Universe .. I don't think God would have time to interact with an individual that often.. unless it was the local representative of all the collective consciousnesses.. in charge of the district's scattered spirits... or the graduated ones that took posts as angels and archangels.. or what ever else they call their  bureaucratic   organizational placement systems ... :)   There has to be something there... their can't just be random spirits from all the ages.. all the worlds.. just floating about .. throwing in their influences here or there.. possessing people at will...   then  B|   maybe they are !!!  Do you think there are rule makers.. rules and regulations in the heavens ???

One may believe what one wants to believe.. We know nothing of what may or may not be beyond the borders of this existence.

'" 'Tis now the very witching time of night,

When churchyards yawn

And Hell itself breaths out contagion to this world.

Now could I drink hot blood

And do such bitter business the day would quake to look on."       HAMLET

• Like 1

Sage

Yes, slightly salted water is also a symbol of our bodies and of our uncounted-great grandmother, the sea. And when the practice first emerged, salt was expensive, so just making the stuff was a sacrifice, and thus a fit devotional practice.

Whatever power there is in it inheres in the symbolism. Catholic holy water is made in batch lots, preferably once a year, in a ceremony presided over by a man who supposedly never has sex, but each year makes a hell a lot of salty liquid all at once... speaking of symbolism... the same image is on ancient Egyptian walls, where the Pharaoh does the honors, but it's depicted more graphically.

• Like 1

Just go into the churches bathroom and fill a bottle with tap water. Since it's on "holy ground".  Which only works because you believe it does.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

One may believe what one wants to believe.. We know nothing of what may or may not be beyond the borders of this existence.

'" 'Tis now the very witching time of night,

When churchyards yawn

And Hell itself breaths out contagion to this world.

Now could I drink hot blood

And do such bitter business the day would quake to look on."       HAMLET

I think believing what we want to believe is foolishness.  I hold opinions based on evidence and reason, but I don't "believe."  Hamlet was torn by the fact that he didn't know what to think -- whether the ghost was really his father or a devil tempting him to horrible sin.  Well, let's hope not many of us have problems like that.  Most of the time we can and should get away with, "I don't know," but here matters were a little more pressing.

• Like 1

I think believing what we want to believe is foolishness.  I hold opinions based on evidence and reason, but I don't "believe."  Hamlet was torn by the fact that he didn't know what to think -- whether the ghost was really his father or a devil tempting him to horrible sin.  Well, let's hope not many of us have problems like that.  Most of the time we can and should get away with, "I don't know," but here matters were a little more pressing.

Yes and berating the world about it is an exercise in futility and just as foolish. There's a sucker born every minute but atheists have to be handcrafted.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

The Westerner's experience is very different and they are indoctrinated as children, and when they mature beyond that (most of course never do and remain religionists all their lives) those who do break the bonds do so only after great fear and guilt and end up hating the church because of what it did to them.

I spent years waiting for and fearing gods wrath upon me as a rebellious teen. As said here before by others "I grew up."

• Like 2