Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Have you gone from atheist to believer or....

ParaGirlsHauntedDiary

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

God i miss acid. I could really use a cleansing trip right about now 

b973064cb04e0df3ef39fde558550123c795ff89

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I gave up that kind of stuff. Magick, energy work, all pointless. No results other than self-deception. I wasted to many years of my life in false hope.

maybe try it again some time.. :)    I was once  the biggest skeptic too...    The secret is to stay in a state of "wonder" when doing it... wondering if.. how.. also the wonder experienced in open amazement..    For me I  occasionally find myself wondering about something.. or someone.. and then sometimes hours.. or days.. it comes into being..   my most interesting one was me visualizing a cute  glass vase  that was girded in metal...  the next day when I was shopping I went into one of these gift shops and saw the exact same vase that I visualized and it was only $20 !!!  so I bought it..  had other random experiences of wondering.. about the nutrametics organic skin care products  that I once  went to one of those parties for over 10 years earlier..  I noticed there was a new headquarters built near where I lived..  also how it gave me a rash.. well barely minutes later my friend's niece who I had only met once about a year ago rang me out of the blue and  invited me to her nutrametics party!!!!   I had no idea she even knew it existed.. as she was recently a citizen of Malaysia..  I went.. bought it and found I was still allergic.. :)     another time I visualized a cute cane.. walking stick.. I just had knee surgery and though a cute one would be nice.. I went to some new stores in another mall and walked into another gift store and  found an amazing cane .. it was carved and had a silver point... there was only one so I asked the shop keeper.. they had no idea that they sold them.. there was only one in the shop.. nothing on the inventory.. but he sold it to me for $20...   what is the chance of that... ( I have always wondered if someone left their stick behind???  it did have a weirdly powerful feeling to it... and I lost it some months later in a pub lunch..  ;) too many drinks.. and forgot my knee hurt.. )   I gather someone else who needed it found it..

On 3/29/2017 at 7:47 PM, crystal sage said:

Do you know that you cannot buy holy water anywhere.. I even went to churches.. I am Catholic..  told them about the situation and they refused!!!   I managed to get some from a friend who went to Rome and got some ... 

They don't police the stuff. They have it at the entrances so people can bless themselves. You take a little bottle and get some. Haven't you ever seen a vampire movie?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That wasn't holy water. It was acid.

No ... that nice Italian family wouldn't have given me acid... it was their  extended family who went to Rome to get it for their sick son .. who had a brain tumor.. they would not have lied.. or given them false stuff..

I will not go back down that path. It is something I firmly refuse to do. I'd rather my imagination died than go back.

• Like 1

Just now, crystal sage said:

No ... that nice Italian family wouldn't have given me acid... it was their  extended family who went to Rome to get it for their sick son .. who had a brain tumor.. they would not have lied.. or given them false stuff..

My comment was toward back2earth.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

They don't police the stuff. They have it at the entrances so people can bless themselves. You take a little bottle and get some. Haven't you ever seen a vampire movie?

I would have then thought of it as stolen holy water... it would not have been a pure.. would not have served the purpose..

16 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

I ended up actually doing it myself... ( I had no idea if it would work... that is why I tried to get the holy water.. after having no luck from the churches or religious people... I manage to get some Frankinsense and Myrrh though my Reiki friends... I had recently done an Aura Soma course .. so I had the essence called Gold...  I had lots of bibles.. Morman.. kids ones.. school ones.. ;) I think I used one of the many Mormon ones all the visiting Mormans gave us..  ( we have always been friendly enough to let them in and discuss their religion.. debate it with them over a cup of tea or a coca cola.. ( the Mormon Kids prefer this )   so  then I remembered that they used Arch Angel Michael.. but I had no clue as to how  to do this or what bit to read... then out of the blue ... ( :) note more synchronistic incidences ) and old friend who I had studied Bowen with rang up..   I asked him if he knew anything about exorcisms.. and he said coincidently a friend of his asked him to help him with one the next week... !!!!  I was amazed as I had no idea these things were a common occurrence..   maybe I just mix with weird random people... well anyway I asked him if he wanted to practice this  with me first... He said fine.. I remembered another movie where they mentioned a bell a book and a candle.. I had candles.. the Morman book.. and the old bell from our front door when we bought the house...    so the next day I think it was he came around to help.. coincidently too my husband's friend came around to do some Law  studies.. my husband was tutoring him...  so he of course thought I was crazy but he was amused.. and went about writing his essay..  we used the massage table that was out to house the candle .. the bell .. I had the  frankincense and myrrh that I  walked around the house with.. then allowed it go continue smoking in the room.. my friend knew what passage to read.. about when to light the candle.. ring the bell.. and  etc.. I sprinkled the Aura soma gold water around.. and then held on to the incense sticks...  a  I did some clock work spinning..  when he recited some of the stuff // ( I can't remember all he said   or what passage)   but as soon as he said the words about Archangel Michael bringing the sword of light to cast out the demons..  it did a spin with the  candle?    I can't fully remember now as it was nearly 20 years ago... but as soon as we said those words.. all the lights went out in the house... we had a yell from the computer room as the computer went out too and the friend had not saved his essay that he had spent hours writing...  we tried to fix the fuse but that didn't work... then we noticed all the neighbours out in the street and they said all their electricity went out too... we rang the electrical suppliers and they said that they had no idea what caused it but what ever it was blew all the fuses in the 5 surrounding suburbs !!!      I gather that was a clearing.. or maybe just extreme coincidence ???    My late husband's friend still remembers it because of losing his essay.. and the kids who were playing in their rooms were totally amused too as we had dinner via candle light.. and our stove was gas so we could still heat up dinner..    I put salt all around the house the next day.. as I heard that stops spirits from returning..   :) 

Did it all work?

• Like 1

I would have then thought of it as stolen holy water... it would not have been a pure.. would not have served the purpose..

It's not stealing. Old ladies do this because they feel safer with holy water at their house or something. Really...no one is going to say anything. If you make a big production and claim you have demons, they might just think you're crazy and ask you to leave, though. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

It's not stealing. Old ladies do this because they feel safer with holy water at their house or something. Really...no one is going to say anything. If you make a big production and claim you have demons, they might just think you're crazy and ask you to leave, though. 

I'd feel uncomfortable just taking it.. unless I was told by the church people that it was OK to do so..

I'd feel uncomfortable just taking it.. unless I was told by the church people that it was OK to do so..

This is a common practice.

If you're Catholic, I'm surprised you don't know you can have holy water. 

• Like 1

Crystal Sage...from your name it sounds like you're Wiccan. 

If you have been away from the church for a long time and you're essentially a stranger to them, I don't suggest showing up wearing all black and a pentagram and trying to clean out their supply while spouting off about demons. They're gonna think you are a Satanist trying to take their holy water to desecrate it...or they're just gonna think you're crazy. Dress and act like a normal person and just take a tiny bottle with you. There should be no issue. If anyone asks, tell them you want to bless your home. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Crystal Sage...from your name it sounds like you're Wiccan. 

If you have been away from the church for a long time and you're essentially a stranger to them, I don't suggest showing up wearing all black and a pentagram and trying to clean out their supply while spouting off about demons. They're gonna think you are a Satanist trying to take their holy water to desecrate it...or they're just gonna think you're crazy. Dress and act like a normal person and just take a tiny bottle with you. There should be no issue. If anyone asks, tell them you want to bless your home. 

:D    No .. I am not any of them... it was a joke suggested by my kids.. who finally helped me log onto the computer and taught me how to use it... back in 2004...  until then I could not get near a computer without it crashing.. or freezing.. if I was stressed the television would go into static.. so would the radio...  if I was stressed light bulbs blew.. white goods blew... I think it was because with my interest in the spirit world  and the random experiences that I had.. ( now classified as spiritual emergence. and emergencies)   I started to learn all these healing modalities.. so I gather the combined channeled energies built up to cause all these happenings..  or maybe I absorbed  some of  the energies from the exorcism??  ... so any way.. after a few of some people I knew died of cancer.. I thought what was the point of all of this... if I can't heal them.. there is no point to learning all of this.. and on top of it having all those random spirit experiences.. maybe there was a link?? so I stopped it all .. except for sending light.. healing loving energy to all the road kill.. as I had read Mary Summer Rain as to how road kill or newly killed animals do not know that they are dead and relive their last moment in a loop for ages afterwards.. I visualized the spirits of their kind helping them to the heavens..  or I would send healing energy to any ambulances etc that I saw or heard.. just in case I could help by thinking of them..   other than that I stopped.. it took about 4 years before I could safelty get near a computer.. touch it without it going crazy or freezing.. my kids said that to join a forum.. I had to pick a name that I liked.. or represented who I was.. or what I did..   well I was doing lots of saging to clear energies around the house which the kids thought was funny... and I had weird experiences with crystals.. they would either hurt my hand if I touched it.. or just  fall off shelves and break.. or make it hard for me to think when I held one.. another time.. I read about using crystals for healing.. I was busy.. and not good at concentrating for any length of time.. so I thought I may as well get the stones that are said to give me strength etc.. tourmaline.. citrines... etc.. and put them in my bed and sleep on them..  at first I could feel all the points on my back.. there was a weird buzzy feeling.. I fell asleep.. in the morning when I went to get them I couldn't find them.. I shook out the sheets.. looked under and around my bed and couldn't find them.. I could still feel the imprint on my back.. but couldn't find any marks..  I thought it was weird.. but I had things to do.. maybe someone took them?? but how.. I think my husband was working interstate at the time...  and I had a  kid to look after...   well years later.. another house later I woke up one morning with discomfort of feeling stones in my bed.. and low and behold all those missing crystals were in my bed !!!  also I had a rather sore back... !!!   So  it was from telling my kids about these experiences and all the other things and that I had huge amount of crystals.. and bought them some too.. that they suggested  sage and crystal as choices for my online name..  I tried various alternatives.. but the only one that wasn't used on My Space at the time was Crystal Sage ... :)   I have used it ever since..   nothing to do with Wicca or magic...   :)   it was more of a testament on my many  spiritual blunders..  mess-ups.. weird happenings.. ;) 

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

If you're Catholic, I'm surprised you don't know you can have holy water. 

I mentioned this to the caretakers and the people at the church shops about this.. they said no..  and by the way... I love churches... the feel of them.. :) 

not so much of some of the people that go there.. thinking it will purify them..  or all the things that the churchy people have done in the past to validate themselves... that has always horrified me... made me want to step away from them.. I could not belong to a group that behaved that way..  yet the energy of churches soothe me..

Edited by crystal sage

I mentioned this to the caretakers and the people at the church shops about this.. they said no..

There are Catholic websites just about uses for holy water. 

2 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

:D    No .. I am not any of them... it was a joke suggested by my kids.. who finally helped me log onto the computer and taught me how to use it... back in 2004...  until then I could not get near a computer without it crashing.. or freezing.. if I was stressed the television would go into static.. so would the radio...  if I was stressed light bulbs blew.. white goods blew... I think it was because with my interest in the spirit world  and the random experiences that I had.. ( now classified as spiritual emergence. and emergencies)   I started to learn all these healing modalities.. so I gather the combined channeled energies built up to cause all these happenings..  or maybe I absorbed  some of  the energies from the exorcism??  ... so any way.. after a few of some people I knew died of cancer.. I thought what was the point of all of this... if I can't heal them.. there is no point to learning all of this.. and on top of it having all those random spirit experiences.. maybe there was a link?? so I stopped it all .. except for sending light.. healing loving energy to all the road kill.. as I had read Mary Summer Rain as to how road kill or newly killed animals do not know that they are dead and relive their last moment in a loop for ages afterwards.. I visualized the spirits of their kind helping them to the heavens..  or I would send healing energy to any ambulances etc that I saw or heard.. just in case I could help by thinking of them..   other than that I stopped.. it took about 4 years before I could safelty get near a computer.. touch it without it going crazy or freezing.. my kids said that to join a forum.. I had to pick a name that I liked.. or represented who I was.. or what I did..   well I was doing lots of saging to clear energies around the house which the kids thought was funny... and I had weird experiences with crystals.. they would either hurt my hand if I touched it.. or just  fall off shelves and break.. or make it hard for me to think when I held one.. another time.. I read about using crystals for healing.. I was busy.. and not good at concentrating for any length of time.. so I thought I may as well get the stones that are said to give me strength etc.. tourmaline.. citrines... etc.. and put them in my bed and sleep on them..  at first I could feel all the points on my back.. there was a weird buzzy feeling.. I fell asleep.. in the morning when I went to get them I couldn't find them.. I shook out the sheets.. looked under and around my bed and couldn't find them.. I could still feel the imprint on my back.. but couldn't find any marks..  I thought it was weird.. but I had things to do.. maybe someone took them?? but how.. I think my husband was working interstate at the time...  and I had a  kid to look after...   well years later.. another house later I woke up one morning with discomfort of feeling stones in my bed.. and low and behold all those missing crystals were in my bed !!!  also I had a rather sore back... !!!   So  it was from telling my kids about these experiences and all the other things and that I had huge amount of crystals.. and bought them some too.. that they suggested  sage and crystal as choices for my online name..  I tried various alternatives.. but the only one that wasn't used on My Space at the time was Crystal Sage ... :)   I have used it ever since..   nothing to do with Wicca or magic...   :)   it was more of a testament on my many  spiritual blunders..  mess-ups.. weird happenings.. ;) 

You still sound Wiccan (or wiccan with a lower case w, anyway). 

• Like 1

Actually, being a holy person means you are expected to behave; it has nothing to do with any favors the spirits might do you.

The favors the forces of the universe, or whatever, can do for or against you are known as karma -- at least the karma you have, and whether positive or negative, is seen as the main factor in whether you are lucky, both in this life and in future lives.  How to accumulate karma is a complicated business, as there is no god making the decisions -- it all happens kinda like forces of nature -- automatically.  If what you do has positive consequences and that is what you intended, you get positive karma; contrary, if what you do has bad consequences and you intended the evil, then that is subtracted from the ledger.

All in all, I think I am a good person (don't we all) -- really -- I've never harmed anyone, either deliberately or through negligence, a lot of people depend on me directly or indirectly for their livelihoods, but I've been careful to avoid creating demonic dependence (creating situations where people depend on you is seen as the behavior of a demon).  I try to avoid being judgmental (except for Trump -- sorry for the politics but I figured him out long ago and I am not naive), I give beggars a meal, I provide for the local school's book-bags, I contribute to Buddhist charities, sheesh -- I really am a paradigm of virtue.

I would not, however, say that having all that good karma has done me any good personally.  I lost my wife to a horrible course of cancer, I lost all my other immediate relatives long ago during the American bombings, my wife and I were not able to have children (we adopted two of the orphaned girls of my brother).  I joined the Communist party in Vietnam as a patriot (not knowing much of the doctrine) and found myself expelled because I was fluent in English and back then they didn't trust people who, like me, had access to outside news sources (probably for good reason), so I went several years with nothing (as an expelled Communist jobs were hard to find) until I was able to get into the States.  (Of course there things went well for me and since then I have done fairly well, although for reasons I don't know I can't get a Vietnamese visa).  

Anyway you get the picture -- some good luck and a lot not so good.  I see no evidence for karma as something to be concerned about, any more than I see evidence of gods as something to be concerned about.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

You still sound Wiccan (or wiccan with a lower case w, anyway). 

Yes... I had all these people come up to me over the years  asking me to join their groups... they said they sensed my energy... :)   but I refused... I just don't want to belong to any groups where my sense of right and wrong may be in conflict with some agreements one may have to honour.. rules and regulations... and I am not one comfortable with doing any rituals..   I don't think my energy blends well with others.. when I was learning healing.. I was great at working on other people.. often they would have visions or spiritual experiences  too when I worked on them..   but as soon as my fellow students worked on me.. I could feel my energy dim.. go cloudy.. I would feel sick.. they too could sense it.. they said that my energy went brown as soon as they lay their hands on me or my energy field..   so I wasn't imagining it... then I have tried those  healing prayer groups where every one around the world would send prayers for peace etc at a certain time ... each time I felt like someone was scratching their finger nails down a black board.. that is the sensation I got each time I tried combining my energy... thoughts and prayers with others... I gather I am not a joining.. person.. or a cultish person.. :) 

"Sensing your energy" is about as old a trick as offering to pray for you.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Actually, being a holy person means you are expected to behave; it has nothing to do with any favors the spirits might do you.

The favors the forces of the universe, or whatever, can do for or against you are known as karma -- at least the karma you have, and whether positive or negative, is seen as the main factor in whether you are lucky, both in this life and in future lives.  How to accumulate karma is a complicated business, as there is no god making the decisions -- it all happens kinda like forces of nature -- automatically.  If what you do has positive consequences and that is what you intended, you get positive karma; contrary, if what you do has bad consequences and you intended the evil, then that is subtracted from the ledger.

All in all, I think I am a good person (don't we all) -- really -- I've never harmed anyone, either deliberately or through negligence, a lot of people depend on me directly or indirectly for their livelihoods, but I've been careful to avoid creating demonic dependence (creating situations where people depend on you is seen as the behavior of a demon).  I try to avoid being judgmental (except for Trump -- sorry for the politics but I figured him out long ago and I am not naive), I give beggars a meal, I provide for the local school's book-bags, I contribute to Buddhist charities, sheesh -- I really am a paradigm of virtue.

I would not, however, say that having all that good karma has done me any good personally.  I lost my wife to a horrible course of cancer, I lost all my other immediate relatives long ago during the American bombings, my wife and I were not able to have children (we adopted two of the orphaned girls of my brother).  I joined the Communist party in Vietnam as a patriot (not knowing much of the doctrine) and found myself expelled because I was fluent in English and back then they didn't trust people who, like me, had access to outside news sources (probably for good reason), so I went several years with nothing (as an expelled Communist jobs were hard to find) until I was able to get into the States.  (Of course there things went well for me and since then I have done fairly well, although for reasons I don't know I can't get a Vietnamese visa).  

Anyway you get the picture -- some good luck and a lot not so good.  I see no evidence for karma as something to be concerned about, any more than I see evidence of gods as something to be concerned about.  

I have always thought that Karma was a spiritual corruption of sorts... totally unfair.. on the same wavelength as the Secret !!!  similar beliefs..    This pretty much sums up some reality for me here.. instinctively I think this fellow is right... I have listened to and heard so many channeled works.. and they all intuitively make me want to question their validity.. I sense that they at manipulating us.. each time I read one.. I am left with a feeling that they are threatening us.. I sense fear.. distrust..   http://www.ascensionhelp.com/blog/2013/08/23/why-i-am-no-longer-a-light-worker/

2 minutes ago, crystal sage said:

Yes... I had all these people come up to me over the years  asking me to join their groups... they said they sensed my energy... :)   but I refused... I just don't want to belong to any groups where my sense of right and wrong may be in conflict with some agreements one may have to honour.. rules and regulations... and I am not one comfortable with doing any rituals..   I don't think my energy blends well with others.. when I was learning healing.. I was great at working on other people.. often they would have visions or spiritual experiences  too when I worked on them..   but as soon as my fellow students worked on me.. I could feel my energy dim.. go cloudy.. I would feel sick.. they too could sense it.. they said that my energy went brown as soon as they lay their hands on me or my energy field..   so I wasn't imagining it... then I have tried those  healing prayer groups where every one around the world would send prayers for peace etc at a certain time ... each time I felt like someone was scratching their finger nails down a black board.. that is the sensation I got each time I tried combining my energy... thoughts and prayers with others... I gather I am not a joining.. person.. or a cultish person.. :) 

You're doing basically the same stuff that lower case w wiccans do. Glad you're not a joiner, though. They tend to be all love and light all the time (but for some reason like to wear black). Go figure. Annoyingly so. Giving me a toothache sweetness. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

"Sensing your energy" is about as old a trick as offering to pray for you.  

no... you can really feel it.. especially when you cast your hands around the energy field of someone.. you can sense all their aches and pains.. they too can feel the warmth or tingles or cold at different patches of their body too..  or you can touch their hands  or feet and they can feel the heat and tingling rise all the way up.. and affect other point of their body.. ( think in terms of acupuncture points and meridian lines of the body... science has now been able to validate these energy streams with their modern fmri machines etc..