Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

19 hours ago, bee said:

I am absolutely disgusted -

They are putting Party Politics before the good of the country - this is a unique situation with us leaving the EU
and we can't afford to have these selfish politicians wrecking it and behaving like traitors -

The Brexit mandate just wasn't big enough. It's a political football that's being kicked back outta the goal box every time May kicks it in. Britain will suffer as a consequence. 

Prediction: The EU will want to keep Brexit going for as long and laboriously as possible until economic uncertainty brings a pro European party in Britain to power. 

19 hours ago, keithisco said:

France 99.7 %

So much for all those French who whenever you speak to them in English shrug and say "No speaka da Eengleesh" and then babble on in French and shrug a lot for 25 minutes . 

• Like 1

Which interestingly, is exactly the tactic top EU Officials adopt when anyone asks them any awkward questions. All of a sudden the simultaneous translation goes down and it's all shrugs and "no understand". 

• Like 1

and Leichtenstein 100% - no surprise there when you hear their national anthem --:mellow:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The Brexit mandate just wasn't big enough. It's a political football that's being kicked back outta the goal box every time May kicks it in. Britain will suffer as a consequence. 

Prediction: The EU will want to keep Brexit going for as long and laboriously as possible until economic uncertainty brings a pro European party in Britain to power. 

The thing is --- I'm sure it would have been big enough had it been the other way round -

What you said with your prediction ---- hmmmm ---- I don't think there will be time for that NOW...

And I'm thinking, as you have said that and brought it to my attention.. that this could have been
one of the reasons that Teresa May called this snap General Election - besides needing a workable majority
for the Brexit negotiations --

She could have scuppered any frantic plans and attempts by the Pro EU lot to get a pro EU party together  -

There could have been a couple of possibilities ---

1. .. a come back by Tony Blair --- he has been giving interviews saying he is tempted to get back into front line politics -
and Peter Mandleson has made some noises -

BUT there is a lot of baggage there and so another option ---

2. ..elevate a Emmanuel Macron / Barak Obama type character into the limelight and drive them to the top -

but as I say ---- it's too late now....?

in fact ---- what I said above could go some way to explain why the EU has turned nasty after putting
on a nicey nicey front since the referendum -

there could have been all sorts of plans being made to try to reverse the decision - like being in cahoots with
Tony Blair and his entourage  and getting a pro EU party off the ground -

But their PLAN A  has maybe fallen apart - and they have been out manEUvered by Teresa May calling an
early general election --- and they are not happy because they don't have a PLAN B ... ?

• Like 1

I would urge you all to look at the UK General Election thread. 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

1 hour ago, bee said:

The thing is --- I'm sure it would have been big enough had it been the other way round -

What you said with your prediction ---- hmmmm ---- I don't think there will be time for that NOW...

And I'm thinking, as you have said that and brought it to my attention.. that this could have been
one of the reasons that Teresa May called this snap General Election - besides needing a workable majority
for the Brexit negotiations --

She could have scuppered any frantic plans and attempts by the Pro EU lot to get a pro EU party together  -

There could have been a couple of possibilities ---

1. .. a come back by Tony Blair --- he has been giving interviews saying he is tempted to get back into front line politics -
and Peter Mandleson has made some noises -

BUT there is a lot of baggage there and so another option ---

2. ..elevate a Emmanuel Macron / Barak Obama type character into the limelight and drive them to the top -

but as I say ---- it's too late now....?

Well the brexit crowd has only been working against EU membership since the Thatcher administration. So lets not be quick to dispense halo's and pitch forks to the political elite. Especially now that a general election has been called and the EU has also thrown its hat into the ring by trying to influence the result by making brexit as costly and unpalatable as possible.

Dusting off the 'has beens' is another example of the pull of the globalists. If Le Pen wins then brexit will be a success if not...?   

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well the brexit crowd has only been working against EU membership since the Thatcher administration. So lets not be quick to dispense halo's and pitch forks to the political elite. Especially now that a general election has been called and the EU has also thrown its hat into the ring by trying to influence the result by making brexit as costly and unpalatable as possible.

The Leave Camp are pretty much immune to any variations of Project Fear - 

In fact the more they try to push the fear factor the more stubborn and determined Brexiteers become, I think -

and that's why we understand that this election is the EU referendum Part Two and with the politicians and
political parties on offer --- ONLY the Conservatives lead by Teresa May can get the job done properly -

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Dusting off the 'has beens' is another example of the pull of the globalists. If Le Pen wins then brexit will be a success if not...?   

If le Pen wins the EU is in serious trouble, never mind anything else -- 

• Like 1

If Le Pen wins the whole of the EU will collectively join the UK in exiting. The EU will become a trading bloc and the German economy will crumble.

47 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I would urge you all to look at the UK General Election thread. 

ok

:) 

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

If Le Pen wins the whole of the EU will collectively join the UK in exiting. The EU will become a trading bloc and the German economy will crumble.

Which would suit the Russians just fine.  I think, though, that the Germans would do okay and it would be many of the other economies that would crumble.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bee said:

The Leave Camp are pretty much immune to any variations of Project Fear - 

In fact the more they try to push the fear factor the more stubborn and determined Brexiteers become, I think -

and that's why we understand that this election is the EU referendum Part Two and with the politicians and
political parties on offer --- ONLY the Conservatives lead by Teresa May can get the job done properly -

If le Pen wins the EU is in serious trouble, never mind anything else -- 

The EU is like the United States -- put together as a patchwork of compromises and nonsense.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

oh dear --- I hope that doesn't lead to you~know~what like last time - (re. German Economy)

but we can't do the whole totalitarian political EU thing, against our better judgement, just to keep Germany happy --

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Which would suit the Russians just fine.  I think, though, that the Germans would do okay and it would be many of the other economies that would crumble.

Absolutely! The Russians are playing an active role with their propaganda to elect governments more friendly to them. Regime change without the bloodshed. The collapse of the EU will give the Russians a powerful say in their affairs. I remember reading a while back ago during the Greek bailout talks that if the Euro collapsed then the German economy and its free trade advantages would be hit to the tune of a 25% loss in GDP. The rest would revert to their own currencies and they could print their way outta short term trouble instead of fiscal tightening and austerity. 

4 minutes ago, bee said:

oh dear --- I hope that doesn't lead to you~know~what like last time - (re. German Economy)

but we can't do the whole totalitarian political EU thing, against our better judgement, just to keep Germany happy --

It would certainly seem so these days that the EU is threr for Germany's pleasure. Lets hope that if the euro crumbles that the Germans will be a little nicer this time around. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Absolutely! The Russians are playing an active role with their propaganda to elect governments more friendly to them. Regime change without the bloodshed. The collapse of the EU will give the Russians a powerful say in their affairs. I remember reading a while back ago during the Greek bailout talks that if the Euro collapsed then the German economy and its free trade advantages would be hit to the tune of a 25% loss in GDP. The rest would revert to their own currencies and they could print their way outta short term trouble instead of fiscal tightening and austerity. 

The alternative to fiscal tightening and austerity is to print money and suffer inflation.  Take your choice -- in both situations the population suffers.

Just now, Frank Merton said:

The alternative to fiscal tightening and austerity is to print money and suffer inflation.  Take your choice -- in both situations the population suffers.

Yeah well that's why those weaker EU economies are hanging on to the euro for dear life. At lease long term... if they reform and adapt to the successful German model they will have an resilient economy not at the mercy of their corrupt politicians and oligarchs. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Absolutely! The Russians are playing an active role with their propaganda to elect governments more friendly to them.

their propaganda? What propaganda is that? The truth about Hillary Clinton? How has their propaganda swayed the brexit vote? Did that result in a government more friendly to them? 

• Like 1

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

their propaganda? What propaganda is that? The truth about Hillary Clinton? How has their propaganda swayed the brexit vote? Did that result in a government more friendly to them? 

...it didn't go to plan for the globalistsmaybe they should poach some of Putins people... they seem to know what they're doing. Notice how i said 'their' propaganda cause the other side have 'their' own propaganda. I'm being fair. 

26 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

...it didn't go to plan for the globalistsmaybe they should poach some of Putins people... they seem to know what they're doing. Notice how i said 'their' propaganda cause the other side have 'their' own propaganda. I'm being fair. 

Propaganda is distorted truth or just lies; the truth is the truth.  There is no need to be fair to people like Putin -- they would shoot you as soon as possible.

It's kinda funny -- the Russians declared defeat in the Cold War and now are winning the world.   It can't all have been planned that way, surely.

• Like 1

So as this is the Brexit thread and for once not about Tr*mp, do you attribute the vote by the Uk to leave the European onion to Vlad Putin's vile meddling, Frank? 

^ That should have been European Union, but it can stay as onion.  

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

^ That should have been European Union, but it can stay as onion.  

As you peel away the layers, it certainly makes me want to cry... :unsure2:

• Like 2