Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Done, 92,000.

Be interesting see what the final tally will be. As I was looking it increased by 300. Must be going viral on twitter or something. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Be interesting see what the final tally will be. As I was looking it increased by 300. Must be going viral on twitter or something. 

93.000 it's nearly 3 votes a second.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

93.000 it's nearly 3 votes a second.

It must be doing the rounds on social media or people who normally wouldn't sign these things are signing it. Be good if people keep spreading the word and it got to a million. 

• Like 1

Just now, stevewinn said:

It must be doing the rounds on social media or people who normally wouldn't sign these things are signing it. Be good if people keep spreading the word and it got to a million. 

Yep i'm doing my bit at the mo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Brexiteers ; Get this petition signed. 

&

Share the link. 

Its increasing by the minute. 86,000 when I signed. 

Done, when was it started?

Thats increasing at a fast rate, it will end in the millions.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Done, when was it started?

Thats increasing at a fast rate, it will end in the millions.

I'm not sure when it started, but the Govt as already responded with:(by the way 96,000+)

Government responded

This response was given on 14 December 2018

The deal that we have reached with the EU is the right one for the United Kingdom. Leaving without a deal would risk uncertainty for the economy, for business and for citizens.

Read the response in full

EU leaders have endorsed the Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration on the future relationship between the UK and EU. This agreement secures the rights of more than three million EU citizens living in the UK and around one million UK nationals living in the EU; and sets out the terms of the time-limited implementation period which will provide our businesses and citizens with certainty.

The financial settlement represents a fair settlement of our obligations as a departing member state and was agreed in the context of the implementation period and our future relationship. This agreement confirms that the days of sending vast payments to the EU are coming to an end.

It also means we will be able to spend more of taxpayers’ money on our priorities, such as the extra investment we are putting into our NHS.

On Northern Ireland, the agreed Protocol guarantees that even in the unlikely event that the UK’s future relationship with the EU is not in place by the end of the implementation period, there will be no hard border between Northern Ireland and Ireland and no customs border down the Irish Sea.

The agreement preserves the economic and constitutional integrity of the United Kingdom, upholds the Belfast (Good Friday) Agreement, and ensures people and businesses that rely on an open border between the Northern Ireland and Ireland can continue living their lives and operating as they do now.

As set out in the Political Declaration, once we have left the EU and for the first time in more than four decades, the UK will have an independent trade policy. The UK will be free to negotiate, sign, and ratify trade deals during the implementation period and bring them into force after the period has finished.

The deal we have reached is the right deal for the UK. It takes back control of our borders, our laws and our money while protecting jobs, security and the integrity of the UK. Anything other than straightforward approval of the deal will bring with it uncertainty for the economy, for business, and for citizens.

Neither Parliament nor the Government want a ‘no deal’ scenario. However, as a responsible Government, we will continue to prepare for all eventualities.

Department for Exiting the European Union

At 100,000 signatures...

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

Share this petition

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

@RabidMongoose from your video.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Petition is nearing the 100,000 barrier. 99,000 already. 

13,000 in two hours. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Petition is nearing the 100,000 barrier. 99,000 already. 

13,000 in two hours. 

Just passed 106,000.

Its gaining momentum.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

Brexiteers ; Get this petition signed. 

&

Share the link. 

Its increasing by the minute. 86,000 when I signed. 

I have signed it, up to 120,000+ now. 

I am waiting to see a change of language by government from the crashing out/ cliff edge type description to something less dramatic.

Once leaving without signing an EU deal becomes unavoidable there will be a need to steady the markets, prior to the big day, after trying to scare the yellow liquid out of them and everybody else for the last two years. 

I would think some extra clarity around some of the financial predictions might also be forthcoming. 

I am guessing this could start next February ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I have signed it, up to 120,000+ now. 

I am waiting to see a change of language by government from the crashing out/ cliff edge type description to something less dramatic.

Once leaving without signing an EU deal becomes unavoidable there will be a need to steady the markets, prior to the big day, after trying to scare the yellow liquid out of them and everybody else for the last two years. 

I would think some extra clarity around some of the financial predictions might also be forthcoming. 

I am guessing this could start next February ? 

Everyone is lying about it feeding the public distortions which match their own personal preference.

All outcomes will be prosperous for us (although they will need different strategies. But only one gives us certain freedom!! Hard-Brexit.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Still can't see a hard brexit - its the one thing the majority in Parliament doesn't want. Ways and means will be found to avoid it.

it certainly looks that way. the majority of parliamentarians don't want a hard brexit and if May's plan is defeated i can't see a minority in parliament dictating to the majority a hard brexit. an election and second referendum is on the cards.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevewinn said:

@RabidMongoose from your video.

so outstanding... after lying during the last referendum (remember the 350 million pounds a week saving? lol), and then disappearing so he wouldn't have to answer the hard questions, he's back to sprout more sh_t. outstanding!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

so outstanding... after lying during the last referendum (remember the 350 million pounds a week saving? lol), and then disappearing so he wouldn't have to answer the hard questions, he's back to sprout more sh_t. outstanding!

Translation from RemainSpeak to TrueSpeak........ Oh my golly gosh Nigel is on FIRE !

^_^

• Like 2

it certainly looks that way. the majority of parliamentarians don't want a hard brexit and if May's plan is defeated i can't see a minority in parliament dictating to the majority a hard brexit. an election and second referendum is on the cards.  

the majority of Parliamentarians don't want to honour the referendum result and are making such
a fuss and creating problems - moaning and whining and scheming and plotting to thwart the Leave
Vote... it's a pitiful display of the kind of anti democratic totalitarianism that is at the heart of the EU
Project... where the People are TOLD what to do by those who ''''know better'''' and who don't want the
inconvenience of people having a say but have to keep up the appearance of listening...

Slipping back to the Leave Means Leave Rally... it was funny when every mention of Tony Blair was
booooed .... and Farage said he was our greatest asset... and it's probably true... he (Blair) has kept in the
background as much as he could, scheming behind the scenes... Alastair Campbell's going here there
and everywhere lately trying to persuade the public to support a 2nd referendum... but Blair is coming out more
now.... and hearing his whining and sneaky persuasion tactics... like the ones that he used to con the public and
Parliament into war in Iraq...... brings back unpleasant memories....

It could be doing a few people's heads in as well who voted Remain but who also marched and / or opposed
the Iraq War.... and hated Blair .... and called him a liar and a warmonger...

It could actually make them stop and think.... hang on a minute..... am I being conned by Blair AGAIN... ???

• Like 3

Its ironic that when trying to diss Farage they have nothing to use except pointing out that its not £350 million NET because we get a rebate. As a leaver let me just say the £350 million claim was not the reason I voted to leave. It was about wanting a free and independent Britain, which is resurgent after its decline following WW2, and which ends mass immigration.

We get plenty of people saying it would be economic hardship if we left the EU or went for a Hard-Brexit. Well I`m sorry to have to point this out but anybody can appear on tv and say anything. It doesnt make it real.

Where is the actual evidence that a Hard-Brexit would be bad for the economy? In fact there is a mountain of evidence from economics science that not joining any free trade agreements with anybody leads to the highest levels of prosperity in a country. The reason being is free trade zones create safety buffers for incompetent organisations by protecting them from outside competitors which have a cost or innovation advantage over them.

In essence free trade zones mean the consumers inside them pay more for less. By keeping dead weight in our economy inflation and wages are kept high. By cleaning it out we lose incompetent firms, inflation and wages drop making Britain an attractive place to invest, and therefore new businesses come into existence which have a cost and innovation advantage.

The opposition to Hard-Brexit is actually opposition to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

is this still on then?

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You could say exactly the same about your no doubt hero, Anthony C. L. Blair. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, stevewinn said:

I'm not sure when it started, but the Govt as already responded with:(by the way 96,000+)

Government responded

The deal that we have reached with the EU is the right one for the United Kingdom.

They can't do anything but reply with cut & paste Maybotisms, can they. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

The deal that we have reached with the EU is the right one for the United Kingdom.

They can't do anything but reply with cut & paste Maybotisms, can they. 

Perhaps if they were honest that would be...

The deal that we have reached with the EU is the right one for the European Union.

I have more than a sneaking feeling that the EU needs us more than we need them and with all the other
''''trouble''' with Populist Movements... like the spreading Yellow Jacket protests.... the UK leaving could be
a fatal blow (that might take a while to show)...... 

Apparently Marie Le Pen is more popular than Macron now - if ever France leave the EU... that's game over
for sure... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

the majority of Parliamentarians don't want to honour the referendum result and are making such
a fuss and creating problems - moaning and whining and scheming and plotting to thwart the Leave
Vote... it's a pitiful display of the kind of anti democratic totalitarianism that is at the heart of the EU
Project... where the People are TOLD what to do by those who ''''know better'''' and who don't want the
inconvenience of people having a say but have to keep up the appearance of listening...

Slipping back to the Leave Means Leave Rally... it was funny when every mention of Tony Blair was
booooed .... and Farage said he was our greatest asset
... and it's probably true... he (Blair) has kept in the
background as much as he could, scheming behind the scenes... Alastair Campbell's going here there
and everywhere lately trying to persuade the public to support a 2nd referendum... but Blair is coming out more
now.... and hearing his whining and sneaky persuasion tactics... like the ones that he used to con the public and
Parliament into war in Iraq...... brings back unpleasant memories....

It could be doing a few people's heads in as well who voted Remain but who also marched and / or opposed
the Iraq War.... and hated Blair .... and called him a liar and a warmonger...

It could actually make them stop and think.... hang on a minute..... am I being conned by Blair AGAIN... ???

whats funny is that Farage has only really been electable in the euro parliament. while Blair was the PM. food for thought. 

• Like 1