Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

11 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

You could say exactly the same about your no doubt hero, Anthony C. L. Blair. 

Only Blair has been an elected official while Farage has never been. Farage and the brexiteers do not have the numbers to replace May let alone hard Brexit. While Tony has taken the pulse of the people and just repeated people’s concerns. It’s called democracy.

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

To arrive at the conclusion that Putin is behind this takes an amazing ability to lie to oneself. Do you spend your sleeping time dreaming about Putin too? You seem to think all problems originate from him lmao.

I haven't heard the term WASP in a long time and no weren't arent living in the interwar period anymore. The US-UK special relationship is because they are British colonies rebranded after their War of independence as America. I guess blood is thicker than the narrow bit of water separating the UK from the EU lol.

That a silly notion that belongs in the dustbin of history. America might speak English but the biggest ethnic grouping is German and the fastest growing group Latino. In fact America and Britain are far from natural allies when one takes into account America influence and pre-imminence in the Anglo speaking world. Mainly Canada and Australia. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Only Blair has been an elected official while Farage has never been.

and how many of the rulers of the EU are? How many of the citizens of the EU got to vote for M. Junker or Herr Tusk? Or for that matter, for Frau Merkel and M. Macaroon, who are, or have been, the ones calling the shots?

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

While Tony has taken the pulse of the people and just repeated people’s concerns. It’s called democracy.

that'd be a first if he did. Certainly don't remember him doing so about, for example, deciding to singlehandedly rid the world of Evil. 

• Like 1

162000 go baby go @ 2035nhrs

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spud the mackem said:

Yeah mate, anything to make you all feel better now that the remain groundswell is gaining momentum. You’ve lost the moment you couldn’t replace the current PM.

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah mate, anything to make you all feel better now that the remain groundswell is gaining momentum. You’ve lost the moment you couldn’t replace the current PM.

At least our P.M is British from British stock, can you say the same about yours, and don't forget that a quarter of your flag is British...

10 minutes ago, spud the mackem said:

I wonder if it can break 300,000

its good see the other petition "stop Brexit" which is 100,000 behind and it was started two months earlier.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Only Blair has been an elected official while Farage has never been. Farage and the brexiteers do not have the numbers to replace May let alone hard Brexit. While Tony has taken the pulse of the people and just repeated people’s concerns. It’s called democracy.

bolded

that is a misrepresentation of what Blair is about and how he operates...

he isn't into taking the pulse of the people OR interested in their concerns (unless they mirror HIS concerns)

He had no problem ignoring people's concerns when he committed Britain and British troops to a war
in Iraq... even misleading parliament and promoting a 'dodgy dossier' and getting the legal advice 
changed to give him the go ahead... and look what a mess that all turned into....

But invading and destabilizing Iraq was about him supporting the Globalist agenda - and that is why he
is fully engaged in reversing the referendum result and keeping us in the EU Project -

He is clinical and calculating and a warmonger - he wants to lead and does not take instruction from
the people.... he doesn't care what the People think or want... 

when he ignored the (around) million people who marched in London for Peace and to stop the invasion
of Iraq..... (and just about no one in the country really wanted it either.....)

he said...

link

"He did not "seek unpopularity as a badge of honour", he said, "but sometimes it is the price of leadership and the cost of conviction".

I actually think he is dangerous.... and god help us if he manages to manipulate the situation and we end
up staying in the EU.... then the EU army comes into being.... then he gets to be President .... :(

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

and how many of the rulers of the EU are? How many of the citizens of the EU got to vote for M. Junker or Herr Tusk? Or for that matter, for Frau Merkel and M. Macaroon, who are, or have been, the ones calling the shots?

If you knew how the system works regarding the EU Comission, you wouldnt be writing stuff like this. But I agree with you regarding Fraud Merkel and President Macarroni.

Regareing the UK Prime minister "The office is not established by any statute or constitutional document but exists only by long-established convention, which stipulates that the monarch must appoint as Prime Minister the person most likely to command the confidence of the House of Commons;[5] this individual is typically the leader of the political party or coalition of parties that holds the largest number of seats in that chamber." So who the hell voted for her? Or Camaroon?

Same goes for Portugal prime minister, he is appointed by the president, mot elected.

Regarsing the EU comission:" 

Appointment[edit]

The President of the Commission is first proposed by the European Council taking into account the latest Parliamentary elections; that candidate can then be elected by the European Parliament or not. If not, the European Council shall propose another candidate within one month.[6] The candidate has often been a leading national politician, but this is not a requirement."

In other words its as democratic as UK government.

Info taken from wikedpedia

PS. My apolagies for the text format, using tablet

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

where are you getting your information about the alleged 'remain groundswell gaining momentum'... ?

This is a small thing in the greater scheme of things but a friend who I go dog walking with said today
that if there was another referendum she would vote to leave.... (she voted to Remain in 2016)....
We don't talk about politics much at all on these walks preferring to chat about other things and 
look at what's going on... like buzzards in the sky and herons by the water and what not....

She is not impressed with the way the EU have conducted themselves negotiating and is astonished that
Juncker is allowed to stay in the job as President when he is obviously drunk sometimes and said
he had been doing something weird with a woman's hair.... fluffing and lifting it up or something...

she would also now support a No Deal Brexit....

I wonder how many other people who voted Remain have shifted towards Leaving...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bee said:

and said
he had been doing something weird with a woman's hair.... fluffing and lifting it up or something...

This must be what she was talking about..... at the beginning of this video.... :blink:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Well Farage only became democratic when he entered the EU parliament. So by that rationale Junker is just as democratic as Farage.

2 hours ago, bee said:

bolded

that is a misrepresentation of what Blair is about and how he operates...

he isn't into taking the pulse of the people OR interested in their concerns (unless they mirror HIS concerns)

He had no problem ignoring people's concerns when he committed Britain and British troops to a war
in Iraq... even misleading parliament and promoting a 'dodgy dossier' and getting the legal advice 
changed to give him the go ahead... and look what a mess that all turned into....

But invading and destabilizing Iraq was about him supporting the Globalist agenda - and that is why he
is fully engaged in reversing the referendum result and keeping us in the EU Project -

He is clinical and calculating and a warmonger - he wants to lead and does not take instruction from
the people.... he doesn't care what the People think or want... 

when he ignored the (around) million people who marched in London for Peace and to stop the invasion
of Iraq..... (and just about no one in the country really wanted it either.....)

he said...

link

"He did not "seek unpopularity as a badge of honour", he said, "but sometimes it is the price of leadership and the cost of conviction".

I actually think he is dangerous.... and god help us if he manages to manipulate the situation and we end
up staying in the EU.... then the EU army comes into being.... then he gets to be President .... :(

Well you’re right about the Iraq war. then again the U.S. and the UK do have a special relationship that transcends short term public interests. Blair was and still is a statesman.

1 hour ago, bee said:

where are you getting your information about the alleged 'remain groundswell gaining momentum'... ?

This is a small thing in the greater scheme of things but a friend who I go dog walking with said today
that if there was another referendum she would vote to leave.... (she voted to Remain in 2016)....
We don't talk about politics much at all on these walks preferring to chat about other things and 
look at what's going on... like buzzards in the sky and herons by the water and what not....

She is not impressed with the way the EU have conducted themselves negotiating and is astonished that
Juncker is allowed to stay in the job as President when he is obviously drunk sometimes and said

she would also now support a No Deal Brexit....

I wonder how many other people who voted Remain have shifted towards Leaving...

Luv... if I went dog walking with you I’d also be scared to voice any opinion contrary to yours, least you command your hound to ‘kill globalist’ so for my own personal safety  I’d tell you what you wanted to hear and then vote differently and thank my lucky stars that I survived. :)

Any ideas when Theresa May will finally go?  Might pop down to see the new prime minister arrive at Number 10.

Here is footage I took when Blair finally left and Brown arrived.  Short and sweet.  Will it be much the same with May?

Edited by Aaron2016

9 hours ago, godnodog said:

If you knew how the system works regarding the EU Comission, you wouldnt be writing stuff like this. But I agree with you regarding Fraud Merkel and President Macarroni.

Regareing the UK Prime minister "The office is not established by any statute or constitutional document but exists only by long-established convention, which stipulates that the monarch must appoint as Prime Minister the person most likely to command the confidence of the House of Commons;[5] this individual is typically the leader of the political party or coalition of parties that holds the largest number of seats in that chamber." So who the hell voted for her? Or Camaroon?

Same goes for Portugal prime minister, he is appointed by the president, mot elected.

Regarsing the EU comission:" 

Appointment[edit]

The President of the Commission is first proposed by the European Council taking into account the latest Parliamentary elections; that candidate can then be elected by the European Parliament or not. If not, the European Council shall propose another candidate within one month.[6] The candidate has often been a leading national politician, but this is not a requirement."

In other words its as democratic as UK government.

Info taken from wikedpedia

PS. My apolagies for the text format, using tablet

right, so  do the citizens of the individual countries of the EU get any say? The most they can get to vote for is their individual MEP, and the MEPs vote for candidates for the European Council and the European Council then decide who's going to be Chief Bigwig? So it's democracy at several moves at best, and does anyone think the European Council is going to take the slightest notice of the concerns of individual MEPs about what's best for their country? 

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well you’re right about the Iraq war. then again the U.S. and the UK do have a special relationship that transcends short term public interests. Blair was and still is a statesman.

so "statesman" means wagging your tail and panting eagerly whenever the US President tells you to do something?

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

right, so  do the citizens of the individual countries of the EU get any say? The most they can get to vote for is their individual MEP, and the MEPs vote for candidates for the European Council and the European Council then decide who's going to be Chief Bigwig? So it's democracy at several moves at best, and does anyone think the European Council is going to take the slightest notice of the concerns of individual MEPs about what's best for their country? 

The fact is that EU, UK and Portugal, and most likely other EU countries, use similar democratic system., and pick any system no inidividual voter as any real say,

NO voter in the countires using this sytem can vote for their government, if your living in the UK you cant vote for the government, in Portugal you cant vote for the government, people have the ilusion that they can because of 2 things: news outlets and winning party leader becoming prime minister traditions, the laws are actually diferent.

3 minutes ago, godnodog said:

The fact is that EU, UK and Portugal, and most likely other EU countries, use similar democratic system., and pick any system no inidividual voter as any real say,

NO voter in the countires using this sytem can vote for their government, if your living in the UK you cant vote for the government, in Portugal you cant vote for the government, people have the ilusion that they can because of 2 things: news outlets and winning party leader becoming prime minister traditions, the laws are actually diferent.

well I agree there. Perhaps in the olden times it might have been true that the leader who rose to the top really was of superior wisdom and intellect, and naturally knew more than those under him. That's the assumption the whole "democratic" system works on, isn't it. Perhaps it might have had some truth in 19th century England when people like Gladstone and Disraeli really did seem to be wiser than the average person. And perhaps there was a special case with Churchill. Otherwise though, parliamentary "democracy" really is a great big con, if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

so "statesman" means wagging your tail and panting eagerly whenever the US President tells you to do something?

Yeah I guess Blair did look pretty stupid for not listening to the people of the UK and acting like Bush’s errand boy. I still maintain that Blair was looking at the bigger picture. 

Anyway, these people, like former Emperor Blair, who believe that there should be a Second Referendum, good to see they're following the usual EU policy isn't it, that people should be forced to keep voting until (perhaps because they get so fed up with being constantly pressured to vote yet again on something they'd already endured months and months and months of campaigning for the first time) they come up with the correct result. Good to see they have such a strong belief in democracy isn't it :mellow: 

• Like 1

Reading between the lines Liam Fox seems to be suggesting that there will be a consensus approach in the House once Mays plan is binned.

Wouldn't be the worst possible outcome.

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Reading between the lines Liam Fox seems to be suggesting that there will be a consensus approach in the House once Mays plan is binned.

Wouldn't be the worst possible outcome.

so the politicians decide, because only their superior wisdom can be trusted? Yes,it's as I thought. This is what happenes if the People don't make the correct decision, see. The Politicians find some excuse for disregarding it, so that they're the ones that get  to decide in the end, because of their superior wisdom.