Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

21 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I'm saying the ease at people can cross boarders without history checks is stupid and dangerous.

I'm also a little annoyed regarding the lack of education migrants are given about the culture they are moving to. This is the crux of the issue in my opinion. 

It has nothing to do with race. Irish gobshites do the same thing. The amount of drug criminals from Ireland running little villages in Spain is an example of this open door policy.

I personally believe someone needing a prison sentence of 2 or more years should be tagged for life. The tag should have both a GPS tracker on it and a microphone.

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

I personally believe someone needing a prison sentence of 2 or more years should be tagged for life. The tag should have both a GPS tracker on it and a microphone.

Indeed RabidMongoose. And perhaps an explosive charge as well ? :) 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

That's a bit extreme. But their passport should be marked and any movement to and from another Country should be highlighted.

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

That's a bit extreme. But their passport should be marked and any movement to and from another Country should be highlighted.

Yes it is, and I bet it would reduce crime rates.

They wouldnt even be able to go buy drugs without the police gaining intelligence on them.

Just now, Captain Risky said:

no i do not. i find it dispictable. but the sad truth is that Danny called the women a criminal that crossed EU borders to get to retain so she could commit this heinous act. she broke UK law only once she got to the UK for cultural reasons and no other. danny has no proof if he's trying to convince me that brexit will stop this. in fact he made no effort originally to address that only that Brexit would solve this problem. is he an ignoramus, low on self esteem at trying to curry favour with Hetro or a racist?  

Dannydan was pointing out the failings in the EU migrant plans. Already, some countries are being financially penalised by the EU for not taking their mandated "share" of undocumented and unscreened migrants. 

Thank GOD we're leaving. 

• Like 3

Firstly Uganda is a Christian country and secondly the UK cannot refuse immigrations from the EU if they have been given citizenship by one of its member states. Please get your facts right in future.

where in the article does it say that the women came from the EU? are you saying that there are no muslims in Uganda? besides thats not even the point... danny made a bombastic claim that can really only be interpreted one way. Ive given him multiple chances to explain himself but he keeps dodging the question. you can answer if you like... hw is brexit going to stop women like this mutilation others and witchcraft. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Dannydan was pointing out the failings in the EU migrant plans. Already, some countries are being financially penalised by the EU for not taking their mandated "share" of undocumented and unscreened migrants. 

Thank GOD we're leaving. 

there is no proof that the EU migration plans are at fault. the UK never had a quota since its not part of the schengen zone. let Danny answer for himself. 

• Confused 1

When it comes to Ireland... well its independent but an integral part of the British Isles. There are a lot of people in the UK who arent wholly English, or Welsh, or Scottish, or Irish. A large chunk of the population are a mixture of British Isle heritage.

So maybe we should do something unusual with Ireland? Offer them all Isle of Mann citizenship and turn the Isle of Mann into some weird kind of trading post? Not a country, more like a market place, somewhere we can all meet to exchange goods and do business away from the oversights of the EU?

I dont think they would ever choose to re-join the UK but that doesnt mean we cant do something weird with them to circumvent the EU.

Edited by RabidMongoose

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

there is no proof that the EU migration plans are at fault. the UK never had a quota since its not part of the schengen zone. let Danny answer for himself. 

The UK got an exemption from the enforced migrant quota... we dodged the bullet... THIS time. But who knows what might happen NEXT year ? 

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

where in the article does it say that the women came from the EU? are you saying that there are no muslims in Uganda? besides thats not even the point... danny made a bombastic claim that can really only be interpreted one way. Ive given him multiple chances to explain himself but he keeps dodging the question. you can answer if you like... hw is brexit going to stop women like this mutilation others and witchcraft. 

All I know is that:

1. A brain drain into Britain is good and we should do more to promote it.

2. Most immigrants are low-skilled workers so should be banned from coming here.

3. Those in genuine need of asylum from a bordering country should be accepted. Those with a genuine need of asylum from more distant countries should only be allowed here if they can demonstrate a valid reason for cherry picking the UK instead of going to their nearest safe neighbour.

4. Those who are Islamic Fundamentalists and those who adhere to values at odds with Western society should be banned from coming here even if they are part of a brain drain and even if they have a genuine need for asylum.

I also think if the ones that we accept go on to commit crimes it should be an automatic deportation.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

All I know is that:

1. A brain drain into Britain is good and we should do more to promote it.

2. Most immigrants are low-skilled workers so should be banned from coming here.

3. Those in genuine need of asylum from a bordering country should be accepted. Those with a genuine need of asylum from more distant countries should only be allowed here if they can demonstrate a valid reason for cherry picking the UK instead of going to their nearest safe neighbour.

4. Those who are Islamic Fundamentalists and those who adhere to values at odds with Western society should be banned from coming here even if they are part of a brain drain and even if they have a genuine need for asylum.

I also think if the ones that we accept go on to commit crimes it should be an automatic deportation.

i agree on all points. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The UK got an exemption from the enforced migrant quota... we dodged the bullet... THIS time. But who knows what might happen NEXT year ? 

okay but it still didn't stop this becoming a brexit referendum issue. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yeah, its probably due to the resentment at the mass immigration of low skilled workers. And at the end of the day it is our own politicians driving forward a pro-immigration agenda without consent or support from the people.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, its probably due to the resentment at the mass immigration of low skilled workers. And at the end of the day it is our own politicians driving forward a pro-immigration agenda without consent or support from the people.

and a different set of politicians that convinced a lot of voters that the EU was the culprit. politicians are the real problem. i think I've already said this somewhere before.  

Just now, Captain Risky said:

and a different set of politicians that convinced a lot of voters that the EU was the culprit. politicians are the real problem. i think I've already said this somewhere before.  

A lot of British people arent happy at the EUs free movement of people and its specifically aimed at Polish workers due to the ridiculous numbers of them here. There is also resentment at how an immigrant from outside the EU can gain citizenship with an EU country then use that citizenship to come here to the UK.

Oh, and for EU citizens coming here `to work` yes Mrs May did send out letters to them last year letting them know they could all stay following Brexit. We had a Swedish worker in my office showing people hers. I have nothing against the Swedes as they dont take the mick with the number of their citizens coming here. She can stay. The Polish and foreign immigrants getting EU citizenship do however take the mick. We need to send 95% of them back.

Poland must be like a ghost town at the moment if my area of the UK is anything to go by.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

A lot of British people arent happy at the EUs free movement of people and its specifically aimed at Polish workers due to the ridiculous numbers of them here. There is also resentment at how an immigrant from outside the EU can gain citizenship with an EU country then use that citizenship to come here to the UK.

Oh, and for EU citizens coming here `to work` yes Mrs May did send out letters to them last year letting them know they could all stay following Brexit. We had a Swedish worker in my office showing people hers. I have nothing against the Swedes as they dont take the mick with the number of their citizens coming here. She can stay. The Polish and foreign immigrants getting EU citizenship do however take the mick. We need to send 95% of them back.

Poland must be like a ghost town at the moment if my area of the UK is anything to go by.

Personally I have no issues with people moving anywhere for work. It's the one good thing about the EU. It's just the lack if background checks that's my issue. Polish people are nice as far I know. Like your free to go to Poland or Portugal just as the Portuguese and Polish are free to go to the UK.

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Yes, and rightly so ! But indirectly. It created anger at the increased power of the EU to start mandating border control issues. It convinced more and more people that the EU was aiming for a Federal superstate, which would require first destroying all nationalism and national pride in each of the host countries. 

And the people didn't like that !

3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes, and rightly so ! But indirectly. It created anger at the increased power of the EU to start mandating border control issues. It convinced more and more people that the EU was aiming for a Federal superstate, which would require first destroying all nationalism and national pride in each of the host countries. 

And the people didn't like that !

I'm all for a federal superstate of Europe.

13 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Personally I have no issues with people moving anywhere for work. It's the one good thing about the EU. It's just the lack if background checks that's my issue. Polish people are nice as far I know. Like your free to go to Poland or Portugal just as the Portuguese and Polish are free to go to the UK.

We arent talking 10,000 across the whole of the UK though. We have more than that in my town alone.

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

A confederation forces MEPs to listen to and represent their people.

Or else their country leaves.

6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You're happy for Irish culture to be subsumed ? 

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

... unless the majority doesn't ALLOW them to leave, of course :) 

Something similar to the US. I think that would work. 

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

We arent talking 10,000 across the whole of the UK though. We have more than that in my town alone.

The numbers are irrelevant, and yes I understand that some are only there to pick up a social welfare check each week and fly back home, it happens here too and highlights another issue with the EU. The Ryanair flights are cheap so it's easy to do. But the vast majority of people are there, and here, to work.

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

You're happy for Irish culture to be subsumed ? 

Absolutely not. 

I believe something like the US would work. There are a number of different cultures within the US. It would also help stop wars in Europe, that's one of the only good things the EU has done.

Thread cleaned

Keep it civil please - there are way too many derogatory personal remarks being thrown around in this discussion.

48 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Something similar to the US. I think that would work. 

The numbers are irrelevant, and yes I understand that some are only there to pick up a social welfare check each week and fly back home, it happens here too and highlights another issue with the EU. The Ryanair flights are cheap so it's easy to do. But the vast majority of people are there, and here, to work.

I`m not so bothered if they claim benefits because when they work their income tax goes to our tax man.

Its more the numbers. I have been to Dublin, you guys dont have the same immigration problem as us. If you spent the weekend in London you would understand why we are more frosty towards immigration. Yes, they are nice people but there are far too many.

Edited by RabidMongoose