Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

Sunderland to London Brexit March

let's dig into this a bit deeper..... though I'm sure the Media want everyone to recoil in horror - and will
be desperate to put people off joining in.... but it won't cost the majority a penny to join in..

from what I can gather there will be the core marchers and then others can join in for shorter periods of time
in support... I bet they will all have a fantastic time... if I was fitter I would do it... :) .... haven't seen a map yet 
of the route.... 

from the link...

It has been announced that ‘core marchers’ will have to make a one-off £50 payment to take part – while others can join the campaign as ‘cheerleaders.’ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Being a core marcher means you will receive an official March to Leave kit to help you on the march.” The kit includes a waterproof coat, Beanie hat, gloves, water bottle, t-shirt, wristband and a high visibility blue jacket. The page added: “If you are marching for two days or more we will provide accommodation, breakfast and dinner free of charge.

“Fully paid travel once you arrive on the march. This includes transfers to and from the accommodation to both the start and finish points.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

why a

5 minutes ago, bee said:

Sunderland to London Brexit March

let's dig into this a bit deeper..... though I'm sure the Media want everyone to recoil in horror - and will
be desperate to put people off joining in.... but it won't cost the majority a penny to join in..

from what I can gather there will be the core marchers and then others can join in for shorter periods of time
in support... I bet they will all have a fantastic time... if I was fitter I would do it... :) .... haven't seen a map yet 
of the route.... 

from the link...

It has been announced that ‘core marchers’ will have to make a one-off £50 payment to take part – while others can join the campaign as ‘cheerleaders.’ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Being a core marcher means you will receive an official March to Leave kit to help you on the march.” The kit includes a waterproof coat, Beanie hat, gloves, water bottle, t-shirt, wristband and a high visibility blue jacket. The page added: “If you are marching for two days or more we will provide accommodation, breakfast and dinner free of charge.

“Fully paid travel once you arrive on the march. This includes transfers to and from the accommodation to both the start and finish points.”

£50?????

Why aren't the Russians funding it???????

apparently, and according to the remoaners they funded the Brexit campaign and elected Trump.

I'd go on the march but my Russian handlers wont let me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If someone paid (or got sponsored) £50 .... and did the full two weeks that would work out at £3.57 a day..

hardly anything for the experience of a lifetime... and the chance to help save the country from the EU... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

If someone paid (or got sponsored) £50 .... and did the full two weeks that would work out at £3.57 a day..

hardly anything for the experience of a lifetime... and the chance to help save the country from the EU... :D

im not sure about the March / Walk, I think it would be better supported after March 29th if we haven't left on that date.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

im not sure about the March / Walk, I think it would be better supported after March 29th if we haven't left on that date.

My employer released good news today to the work force, Bringing production from Austria to the UK. i cant go into details for obvious reasons but watch the news our teaming up with Japanese automotive electric battery tech firm and Waymo self-driving technology is yielding excellent results. will announce £hundred millions of investment in the UK. (will it make the news??) despite Brexit!!!!! well Govt to incentives investment post Brexit as played apart understandably i cant divulge.  major price deferential for UK vehicles v's EU vehicles. its a shot across the EUs bow. The UK Govt does the same in other sectors and the EU will face stiff competition.

It doesn't matter Stevewinn. We're not going to Brexit. The fix is in, and I'm stocking up on milk bottles and petrol :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

In my mind it's about holding the government to account and making sure there is a strong Leave presence
around Parliament on the 29th.... a pro active move.... even if there is an extension of Article 50...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It doesn't matter Stevewinn. We're not going to Brexit. The fix is in, and I'm stocking up on milk bottles and petrol :(

oh we are, watch this space.

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Yes !

Ummm.... 

Which space, exactly ? :unsure2::unsure2:

well, obviously further developments, but rest assured we are leaving and so is Theresa May.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

I think that 17 + million of us should each write a letter to 10 Downing street

Sure, remainers could do the same and see who sends most letters! 

But I thought you didn't want another referendum? 

6 hours ago, bee said:

Funny how this wasn't mentioned.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bee said:

haven't seen a map yet 
of the route.... 

I have now.... 

https://www.marchtoleave.com/route

what would be brilliant is if other marches got organized from other parts of the country... like Wales -
the Midlands - the South West.... and all converged on the Houses of Parliament....

maybe IF Article 50 is extended this could be something for the next Leave Date... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, stevewinn said:

see my post above.... B)...... 

• Thanks 1

Just a reminder why Leave won the referendum and why the focus by Remain on supposed economic benefits is spurious because the costs of such is too high:

Chancellor Merkel said in 2012, "Without doubt, we need more and not less Europe. That's why it is necessary to create a political union." She said, "The task of our generation is to complete economic and monetary union, and to build political union in Europe, step by step." She said, "We need a political union, which means we must gradually cede powers to Europe and give Europe control."

In January 2014, European Commission Vice-President Viviane Reding said, "we need to build a United States of Europe with the Commission as government." Commission President José Manuel Barroso said on 10 July 2015, "We are a very special construction unique in the history of mankind … Sometimes I like to compare the EU as a creation to the organisation of empire. We have the dimension of empire."

French President François Hollande asked us in October 2015, "Do you really want to participate in a common state? That's the question." As he said, "The only road for those who are not convinced of Europe is to leave Europe…. It is the logical path."

Martin Schulz, President of the EU Parliament, said that he wanted to move the EU swiftly to a 'one government' federal constitution and wanted to turn the EU into a 'United States of Europe' by 2025. "I want there to be a constitutional treaty to create a federal Europe," he said on 7 December 2017.

The European Commission said, "the main goal of the EU is the progressive integration of member states' economies and political systems." The Commission wants complete Economic Union, Monetary Union, Financial Union, Fiscal Union and Political Union by 2025 at the latest, 'developed within the framework of the European Union'.

The EU is not about cooperation but about assimilation. There is a difference between cooperating with other nations and being merged into a single European state. Internationalism is not the same as supranationalism. Cooperation between sovereign states does not mean integration into one state. Britain is a member of more than 90 international cooperative bodies. Only one of them wants to absorb us into a single state. The EU is like the Borg inStar Trek: The Next Generation - an alien force which seeks to assimilate all other life forms while pretending just to be cooperating with them.

In the 2016 referendum campaign, David Cameron, like Edward Heath before him, avoided any talk of the EU's aim of creating a single European state. In the 1975 referendum campaign, Heath tried to keep the pro-EEC campaign focused on the supposed economic benefits of our staying in the single market. He told us that we were only joining a market.

Similarly, in the 2016 campaign, Cameron tried to keep the pro-EU campaign focused on the supposed economic benefits of our staying in the EU. He only ever talked about the EU as a market. He told us that a vote to stay in the EU was only a vote to stay in the Single Market. He ducked every question about the EU as a political union.

But what market ever demanded that its members abolish their own citizenship, their own armed forces and their own currency? What market needs its own passport, its own flag, its own national anthem, its own central bank, its own president and its own parliament? The EU was never just a market. The aim has always been to become a political union, using the supposed benefits of a Single Market to tempt the individual member nations, like using a sprat to catch the mackerel

Source:

• Like 1

Remain voting MP Tobias Ellwood (Cons. Bournemouth East) is another Tory whose constituency voted Leave but will do anything to keep the UK in the EU via the backdoor:

Mr Ellwood, who backed the PM's deal in the first Commons vote in January, told the Radio 4 podcast that the UK would be in "uncharted territory" if it did not leave on 29 March.

But he said the days of Mrs May having to "bend over backwards" to placate the European Research Group of Brexiteer Tory MPs, many of whom believe a no-deal exit is better for the UK in the long term, were over.

"I hope it is very clear that if it was the European Research Group's intent to take us to no deal, we will stop that, whenever," he said.

"No deal is not good for Britain. It will damage Britain in so many ways. No deal is not something we can contemplate."

'Shoved around'

Mr Ellwood said he would not quit over the issue and urged Tory MPs who wanted to keep close links to the EU to stay and fight for their beliefs, suggesting the tide was moving in their direction.

"If we are then to seek some form of consensus in Parliament that honours the referendum result then you are probably looking at an even softer form of Brexit than we have currently got," he added.

Source:

For him the "Backstop" is not a problem because it hands additional Sovereignty to the EU Commission.

This is how Bournemouth East voted at the Referendum with the highest turnout of electorate in history. Ellwood needs to answer to his Constituency Commission for failing to represent his Constituents. De-selection is on the cards methinks 

The total number of ballot papers counted was  91998
The number of votes cast in favour of REMAIN was  41473
The number of votes cast in favour of LEAVE was 50453
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:-  
No official mark 0
Both answers voted for 31
Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified 1
Unmarked or void for uncertainty  39
The total number of ballot papers rejected was 71
The turnout was 69.3%
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, keithisco said:

Just a reminder why Leave won the referendum and why the focus by Remain on supposed economic benefits is spurious because the costs of such is too high:

Source:

Its like the news.

France, Germany agree on joint proposal for euro zone budget

BERLIN (Reuters) - France and Germany have agreed a detailed proposal for a euro zone budget to boost growth, strengthen competitiveness and lower the development gap between individual member states, a German government document showed on Friday.

i thought there was 19 members in the Euro? nice the way the Franco German dictate policy for the rest. i doubt many smaller members will have to go along with it. otherwise the taps will be turned off. 

No doubt the fear both Germany and France have that the next collapse will finish the euro plays apart. no doubt the way to fix the problem is ever closer union. as as been the case in every 'crisis'

• Like 2

The cracks are starting to form.....

Portugal to welcome Brits even without Brexit deal

LISBON — Portugal’s government on Friday laid out proposals to protect rights of British citizens living in the country if there’s a no-deal Brexit

https://www.politico.eu/article/portugal-to-welcome-brits-even-without-brexit-deal-contingency/

Spain to give Britons rights under no deal.

Were aimed at protecting the interests of Spanish and British citizens as well as trade between the two countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47412708

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

The cracks are starting to form.....

Portugal to welcome Brits even without Brexit deal

LISBON — Portugal’s government on Friday laid out proposals to protect rights of British citizens living in the country if there’s a no-deal Brexit

https://www.politico.eu/article/portugal-to-welcome-brits-even-without-brexit-deal-contingency/

Spain to give Britons rights under no deal.

Were aimed at protecting the interests of Spanish and British citizens as well as trade between the two countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47412708

They where waiting for the EU to sort it out, but individual members have had to do it themselves, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Greece Malta, Cyprus etc... have signed such bilateral deals in citizens rights.

remember the EU banging on about citizens rights way back in 2016 in-between demanding the divorce money, here we are 2yr 9mths later and individual EU members are having to sort it out themselves.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, keithisco said:

Remain voting MP Tobias Ellwood (Cons. Bournemouth East) is another Tory whose constituency voted Leave but will do anything to keep the UK in the EU via the backdoor:

Source:

For him the "Backstop" is not a problem because it hands additional Sovereignty to the EU Commission.

This is how Bournemouth East voted at the Referendum with the highest turnout of electorate in history. Ellwood needs to answer to his Constituency Commission for failing to represent his Constituents. De-selection is on the cards methinks 

The total number of ballot papers counted was  91998
The number of votes cast in favour of REMAIN was  41473
The number of votes cast in favour of LEAVE was 50453
The number of ballot papers rejected was as follows:-  
No official mark 0
Both answers voted for 31
Writing or mark by which the voter could be identified 1
Unmarked or void for uncertainty  39
The total number of ballot papers rejected was 71
The turnout was 69.3%

So, of the Bournemouth East electorate:- 

38% voted leave.

32% voted remain.

30% couldn't be bothered.

That was nearly three years ago. The way things have panned out it looks like that was a waste of time.

Do you think people have learned anything worthwhile in the interim?

On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, RoofGardener said:

When your bottles of petrol run out you can't run your car on milk , LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2019 at 6:12 AM, RoofGardener said:

no offence buddy but you and steve don't really strike me as anarchists. :)

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

no offence buddy but you and steve don't really strike me as anarchists. :)

Well you don't know us well enough, when things get serious, well lets just say this if Brexit doesn't happen - I'll be on here writing in full CAPITALS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Well you don't know us well enough, when things get serious, well lets just say this if Brexit doesn't happen - I'll be on here writing in full CAPITALS.

Okay. Still the clock is ticking and I think from reading British news outlets the soft brexiteers have it steve. Is that your take? 

16 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

So, of the Bournemouth East electorate:- 

38% voted leave.

32% voted remain.

30% couldn't be bothered.

That was nearly three years ago. The way things have panned out it looks like that was a waste of time.

Do you think people have learned anything worthwhile in the interim?

No... you miss the point about democratic voting. Those who do not vote do not get factored into the equation so:

1. 50.48% voted to Leave

2. 45.08% voted to Remain

What people may have learned in the interim is that the Political Project known as the EU is basically a "busted flush" which takes members tax money and consistently fails to account for 3-4 Billion pounds, charges its own Commissioners only a flat 10% tax, and already behaves like it is a State (which it is not).  I am confident that any future referendum (god forbid) would return an identical result or a larger Leave margin.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Okay. Still the clock is ticking and I think from reading British news outlets the soft brexiteers have it steve. Is that your take? 

The majority of UK News media is heavily in the Remain camp and the BBC receives 20Million pounds in EU subsidies. Ill leave it to you to decide whether or not accuracy is first and foremost in any of its reportage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1