Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

keithisco

1 hour ago, bee said:

everyone knows this without a manifesto... but I suppose a manifesto will be got together at some point... 

So they're a single issue party with no policies beyond a vague 'Brexit'. That'll bring the voters in. 

No manifesto until after the voting is done though. And I bet you'll still claim you knew what you were voting for :lol:

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

You couldn't, politics for the thick if you don't know the Brexit party's intention for the EU elections is to get out of it you shouldn't be allowed to vote, like the Labour party etc (not worth the paper it's written on) the Brexit party will produce a manifesto when the date of the general election is announced.

Maybe its best seeing as their supporters can only comprehend one issue at a time. 

Looking forward to seeing their MEPs donate their salaries to the NHS. You know, if they did, I'd actually be convinced their campaigning is genuine and would even consider voting for them. 

I could fly to the polling station on my pig too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

I suggested a few weeks back that we may have past the point of peak 'remain' as elections loom but was not expecting this.  ;)

Andrew Adonis backs Brexit -

Lord Adonis – a man who has fashioned the last three-years of his career out of being one of Britain’s most vehement and unforgiving anti-Brexiteers – is now backing Brexit, it seems.

The Labour peer posted a Facebook status yesterday evening declaring his new position. Adonis was selected as a Labour candidate for the MEP elections just last week. It looks as though the leadership has forced him to recant on his previous commitment to stopping Brexit.

The bizarre post reads like a hostage statement  - 

"I am extremely proud to have been selected to stand for Labour in the South West of England for the European Parliament.

A vote for Labour is a vote for so much more than just Brexit. A vote for Labour is a vote for a more prosperous, fair and united country." 

https://reaction.life/andrew-adonis-backs-brexit/ 

Thats carefully worded to not state his own position. Sissss sissss sissss goes the snake.

• Like 2

The thing I like about Farage is he never gives up.

The thing I dislike about him is his insistence on leading/creating one purpose parties. So if we successfully get out of the EU will still have no one willing to sort out mass immigration:

Brain drain in = Yes          Spies and people of particular interest = Yes

Low-skilled economic migrants = No         Refugees from neighbouring countries = Yes

Refugees not choosing their nearest safe country = No

And we want our superpower status back please so double the size of the land, air, and navy.

33 minutes ago, Setton said:

Maybe its best seeing as their supporters can only comprehend one issue at a time. 

Looking forward to seeing their MEPs donate their salaries to the NHS. You know, if they did, I'd actually be convinced their campaigning is genuine and would even consider voting for them. 

I could fly to the polling station on my pig too. 

Bet you cant state any other Party's MEP manifesto...oh, and by the way the NHS has already got its 350Mn a week increase

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Bet you cant state any other Party's MEP manifesto...

No, but I will read them before I vote. 

oh, and by the way the NHS has already got its 350Mn a week increase

That's impressive. Seeing as we haven't left yet. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keithisco said:

Bet you cant state any other Party's MEP manifesto...oh, and by the way the NHS has already got its 350Mn a week increase

How many people do you think have switched their views to remaining over £350m week claims over the NHS?

Isn`t it pretty irrelevant to those who voted to leave? Like its a core issue for those who are anti-EU. It was about immigration, making our own laws, and being the masters of our own destiny.

12 hours ago, Setton said:

No, but I will read them before I vote. 

That's impressive. Seeing as we haven't left yet. 

Whats more impressive is that this Brexit Bonus when we finally leave can be spent on other important UK projects. Everybody wins

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

How many people do you think have switched their views to remaining over £350m week claims over the NHS?

Isn`t it pretty irrelevant to those who voted to leave? Like its a core issue for those who are anti-EU. It was about immigration, making our own laws, and being the masters of our own destiny.

So irrelevant you stuck it on a bus in massive letters... 

Also, we already had all those things. 

2 hours ago, Setton said:

the Bus what a masterstroke that was, It really riled up the remainers and their still going on about it over two and half years later.

Just look at the Brexiteers positive message on that bus it was basically saying look at all this money were sending to the EU lets spend it at home. lets spend it on say the NHS.  - The remainers reaction to that was, No don't spend all that money on the NHS lets keep handing it over Brussels, lets improve the roads in Poland, lets install new sewers in Bulgaria.

pathetic.

It was nice to see that the Chancellor in the budget honour the bus aspiration, by increasing NHS spending by £350million a week for the years 2018/2024. obviously were not crashing out with Brexit were cashing in. were paying £350 million and still have more on top. £21.2Bn more a year.

But lets also acknowledge that the UK economy as continued to grow every single quarter since the vote to leave. The experts / the remainers told us the economy was meant to decline by minus -8% when in fact its grown by 4.6% the experts got it wrong by a staggering 12.6%.

But fear Not @Setton the UK contributions for 2018 was £21.2bn. and just remember this when this country faced austerity, our payments to the EU never altered, not one single penny less went to the EU. no the British Govt seen fit to borrow every single penny of the £19bn to hand over to the EU, so when you was crying on here about the schools budgets getting cut, the EU was rubbing its hands. we could've put anything on the side of that bus. trouble was we'd have needed an entire fleet of buses, lets spend the money on education, lets spend it on the Police. trouble was the remainers couldnt have a bus with lets keep sending it to Europe.

UK contributions to the EU this year estimated to be £22.1Bn. + £11.4Bn (VAT) wow.

So with you being a remainer i challenge you get a bus and the side put them figures with lets send it to Brussels instead.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

I can think of a better way to improve the NHS.

Its called privatisation lol.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Just look at the Brexiteers positive message on that bus it was basically saying look at all this money were sending to the EU lets spend it at home. lets spend it on say the NHS.  - The remainers reaction to that was, No don't spend all that money on the NHS lets keep handing it over Brussels, lets improve the roads in Poland, lets install new sewers in Bulgaria.

pathetic.

No, the response was 'that bus is a lie, we already get a substantial portion of that money back plus other benefits'. 

56 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

But lets also acknowledge that the UK economy as continued to grow every single quarter since the vote to leave. The experts / the remainers told us the economy was meant to decline by minus -8% when in fact its grown by 4.6% the experts got it wrong by a staggering 12.6%.

The tiny detail being, of course, that we haven't left. 

57 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

But fear Not @Setton the UK contributions for 2018 was £21.2bn. and just remember this when this country faced austerity, our payments to the EU never altered, not one single penny less went to the EU. no the British Govt seen fit to borrow every single penny of the £19bn to hand over to the EU, so when you was crying on here about the schools budgets getting cut, the EU was rubbing its hands. we could've put anything on the side of that bus. trouble was we'd have needed an entire fleet of buses, lets spend the money on education, lets spend it on the Police. trouble was the remainers couldnt have a bus with lets keep sending it to Europe.

Based on this paragraph we really do need to increase funding to schools. 

But I've given up trying to stop you lot shooting yourselves in the foot. I'm in a comfortable, secure middle class job now which will be safe regardless. Same for my partner. Why should I worry about anyone too stupid to look after their own interests? 

It's the working class that will be hit hardest by Brexit. The rich will make billions off it, I'll be just fine and you'll most likely be ****ed. Have fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Setton said:

No, the response was 'that bus is a lie, we already get a substantial portion of that money back plus other benefits'. 

The tiny detail being, of course, that we haven't left. 

Based on this paragraph we really do need to increase funding to schools. 

But I've given up trying to stop you lot shooting yourselves in the foot. I'm in a comfortable, secure middle class job now which will be safe regardless. Same for my partner. Why should I worry about anyone too stupid to look after their own interests? 

It's the working class that will be hit hardest by Brexit. The rich will make billions off it, I'll be just fine and you'll most likely be ****ed. Have fun. 

So at the end of the day you'd support a "truth" Bus saying lets send £19bn (2016) to the EU. lets fund the EU instead.

Don't give me that crap, im well off, comfortable Brexit it wont affect me im thinking of others. must have one of them Public sector jobs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I can think of a better way to improve the NHS.

Its called privatisation lol.

How about we start again. whereby we make NI contributions go towards retirement pension and health care. (as it stands today not one single penny of NI goes to the NHS) The NHS comes from general taxation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

How about we start again. whereby we make NI contributions go towards retirement pension and health care. (as it stands today not one single penny of NI goes to the NHS) The NHS comes from general taxation.

Privatise it and have a health care benefit for low income households.

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

So at the end of the day you'd support a "truth" Bus saying lets send £19bn (2016) to the EU. lets fund the EU instead.

Don't give me that crap, im well off, comfortable Brexit it wont affect me im thinking of others. must have one of them Public sector jobs.

Indeed I do and worked hard for it. 

So glad you're thinking of others by putting their jobs at risk. 

10 hours ago, keithisco said:

Whats more impressive is that this Brexit Bonus when we finally leave can be spent on other important UK projects. Everybody wins

not really since brexit has left the UK politically, economically and socially divided. but you can't really claim a win if you don't know what you want and more importantly where you'll land after Brexit... and landing is what its all about. especially since Brexit has cost the UK economy 66 billion pounds to date, and you haven't even left yet. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-cost-how-much-uk-economy-money-spent-a8854726.html

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Privatise it and have a health care benefit for low income households.

LOL... so taking backing control of the NHS is all about relinquishing control via privatisation. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

LOL... so taking backing control of the NHS is all about relinquishing control via privatisation. 

The EU doesnt control the EU, so I dont know what you mean by taking control back.

3 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Try putting 'lets impede trade with our largest partners' on your bus instead. what a great business model... 

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The EU doesnt control the EU, so I dont know what you mean by taking control back.

i think you meant to say NHS.

sending back 350 million pounds back home to fund the NHS was one of the brexit slogans. instead, the UK economy has lost 450 million pounds a week in lost investment and productivity since brexit and it hasn't even left yet. but all that is just fuzzy logic and the truth is that those that promised extra money for the National Health System had no intention of giving the NHS extra money when they're plans were to privatise it all along. 

diminished trade and government revenue will be the effects of brexit not extra funds to be spent in the UK.  

30 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i think you meant to say NHS.

sending back 350 million pounds back home to fund the NHS was one of the brexit slogans. instead, the UK economy has lost 450 million pounds a week in lost investment and productivity since brexit and it hasn't even left yet. but all that is just fuzzy logic and the truth is that those that promised extra money for the National Health System had no intention of giving the NHS extra money when they're plans were to privatise it all along. 

diminished trade and government revenue will be the effects of brexit not extra funds to be spent in the UK.  

There is no evidence that we have lost £450 million a week due to Brexit or that we have lost that amount. I come from a business background and there is no cause for a decline in productivity known about in business science. Furthermore, who determines and by what means productivity has dropped? I know the Government doesnt survey my business, do they have psychic powers?

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

There is no evidence that we have lost £450 million a week due to Brexit or that we have lost that amount. I come from a business background and there is no cause for a decline in productivity known about in business science. Furthermore, who determines and by what means productivity has dropped? I know the Government doesnt survey my business, do they have psychic powers?

I think I did provide a reputable link. What have you provided?

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

don't be fooled by the quip you are responding to.... It's safe to say, in my opinion, that the vast VAST
majority of Leave supporters are also strong supporters of the NHS.. in it's present form... ie healthcare
provided free for all at the point of delivery..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1